PDA

View Full Version : Genesis (from Final Fantasy) 3.5 build?

SethFahad
2010-03-09, 03:21 AM
My son wants to build a PC based on character Genesis from Final Fantasy. I'm almost completely ignorant with FF.

So, any helpfull suggestions?

Character Level 8
ECL 8-12
templates with LA +1 & +2
races with LA +1 & +2
No psionics

My son Johnny says "thank you". :smallsmile:

SethFahad
2010-03-10, 02:31 AM
come on! I'm sure many of you are fans of Final Fantasy! Come on! :smallannoyed:

JasonP
2010-03-10, 03:15 AM
I'm not super familiar with Genesis, but it looks like a duskblade would work well and he's probably a human.
For flavor maybe give him a rapier and weapon finesse only when using the rapier (unless he actually takes the feat).

Or Swordsage with the Duskblade spell list instead of maneuvers (or some combination of spells and maneuvers).

Skaven
2010-03-10, 03:45 AM
I'm not overly familiar with him beyond watching one fight on youtube =P

He's kinda like Sephiroth, only more emo right?

I think Human Duskblade would work best, and give him the flame weapon (http://nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Flame_weapon) and jump (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/jump.htm) spells, and maybe give him some kind of feat to remove jump penalties (not exactly overpowering considering most parties can fly by 5th level)

KillianHawkeye
2010-03-10, 05:17 PM
Must be from FF12? I haven't played that one yet. :smallconfused:

Crafty Cultist
2010-03-10, 05:22 PM
I'm not an optimiser, but a warlock/swashbukler could work. the swashbuckler is an agile fighter, and the warlock invocations brimstone blast(shoot fireballs), leaps and bounds(increased jump, tumble and balance), and hideous blow(channel your blasts through a wepon) would certainly fit the theme.

SethFahad
2010-03-12, 12:11 AM
Thank you all

Hopeless
2010-03-12, 06:28 AM
My son wants to build a PC based on character Genesis from Final Fantasy. I'm almost completely ignorant with FF.
So, any helpfull suggestions?

Genesis as from Crisis Core where he ended up being the big bad before Sephiroth is unveiled?

Or is that the name of a villain from FF10?

If Crisis Core I'd say Fighter/Sorceror/Rogue of about 3rd/3rd/2nd if you're determined to stay at 8th level.

Not sure about duskblades and the like maybe 4th level Fighter/4th level Sorceror and 2nd level Rogue proceeding to 3rd before continuing as a sorceror to simulate all that mana powers he and Sephiroth seem to be overcharged with...

Anyone care to elaborate whether i've got the wrong end of the stick?

Longcat
2010-03-12, 06:46 AM
Before I elaborate, I'd like to point out that my entire knowledge of Genesis is based on this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6ZaSipHuO4).

Lesser Aasimar Swordsage8
Feats:
1: Adaptive Style
3: Power Attack
6: Leap Attack

Maneuvers: Pretty much free to choose, but take a few Desert Wind for the fireballs, and Sudden Leap for his mobility. His flurry of attacks is best represented by flashing sun, and his burning sword can be done with burning blade.

Items:
Feathered Wings (the graft from Fiendish Codex).
Bastard Sword/Long Sword/Greatsword: Really depends on how you interpret his weapon in the video. Personally, I'd say Bastard Sword.

Other than that, you're pretty much free to choose.

SethFahad
2010-03-15, 01:22 AM
Yes from Crisis core.

Longcat, great build. Really. My son started with duskblade, but he is not satisfied. I'll show this to him.
As for the weapon, Johny said "longsword". I said (watching the video), it's much bigger than that... but he likes one-hand wield. So I thought, a Large longsword + strongarm bracers.

As for the "feather" idea... it's brilliant!

Johny liked the "multiple fire missile spell" Genesis cast against Sephiroth (in the training ground), that created a "fire orb" around Sephiroth. He asked me if there's a similar spell.
Do you know any?

SethFahad
2010-03-17, 12:12 AM
*bump* (Is this allowed???)

WeeFreeMen
2010-03-17, 08:56 AM
Any firespell (or spell for that matter) can look how you want it to look.
The awesome of Rule 0.

For instance, I made a re-flavored Magic Missile attack look like Bee's

"Flame" attacks that come to mind.
Sculpted Fireball?
Flame-strike
Flame Sphere

I dont know how to create the spherical lingering effect, however, like I said you can reflavor at will.

Personally Id go with FlameStrike