PDA

View Full Version : Who is in Azure City / Gobbotopia now?

Garwain
2010-03-09, 08:13 AM
Since all the action is in Azure City Gobbotopia now, which parties are present? I'll try to list them up:

Redcloak, Jirix and their followers (20.000 soldiers = 100.000 habitants?)
Xykon? (Roy's father was supposed to warn him if he left town)
Team Peregrine and Team Harrier (4+2 Elfs so far)
The Resistance (Azurites, 200men and 2 other groups, united under Thanh = 500-1000 men?).
Azurite Prisoners (a hunderd maybe? including Rawaan?)
Goblin Dan, expanding his bussiness (working his way up to his first 100.000 gp)

I guess the OOTS has the time the search the whole desert after all. The city action isn't over yet.

Ancalagon
2010-03-09, 08:26 AM
Your estimate seems about correct, yet I'd not assume 100.000 inhabitants of the city. 20 to maybe 30ishk sound more reasonable.

Apart from that I doubt the order has a lot of time. Xykon could be back any time now. And they will be out a phase or two after the phylactery got found.

Garwain
2010-03-09, 09:24 AM
They invaded with 30.000, 10.000 got killed. Assuming the average family size of 3-4 that makes 90.000 to 120.000. We know 10.000 got killed and probably not all migrated to the city. Then assuming 80.000 did migrate to the city, I filled up the remaining 20.000 with merchants, craftsmen, etc drawn by the economics of such a city, which is a bare minimum imo.

Since Azure city could maintain 500.000 inhabitants, it's safe to assume that there is plenty of room for those willing to migrate. Especially now that they are recognised, the safe political landscape is prone to attract commerce and thus making gobotopia a fast growing power. Property prices are historically low, a perfect setting to think about offspring.

Killer Angel
2010-03-09, 10:10 AM
Since Azure city could maintain 500.000 inhabitants

Citation needed.

slayerx
2010-03-09, 10:35 AM
I'd say there is probably much more than a 100 azurite prinsoners... i think we are looking at numbers more in the thousands, maybe even tens of thousands... They could only take so many people out of the city by ship, and it's very likely that thousands would have gotten left behind; this is especially possible if Shojo's estimate of "half-million" is anywhere close to how many citizens were in azure city

Citation needed.

Shojo mentions half-million people (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0406.html) will pay for any misake he makes
Though it is possible he might have been refering to those outside the city for some reason

Killer Angel
2010-03-09, 10:48 AM
Shojo mentions half-million people (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0406.html) will pay for any misake he makes

Ah, yes. Forgot about that.
Makes sense with the "thousands of ships (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0260.html)"

DukeGod
2010-03-09, 10:48 AM
Tskukiko and her Black Squad,the MitD maybe his demon roaches and of course,a dead Hydra being cooked with Gouda...
maybe not making a huge difference in numbers but are still there

licoot
2010-03-09, 01:19 PM
there's snarl

hamishspence
2010-03-09, 01:21 PM
Note that in War & XPs, in one of the bonus strips, it's stated that the goblins mobilized 90% of their population.

So they didn't leave all that many behind- so even if many came along after the battle was won, it won't be a huge number compared to the size of the army.

Vaarsuvius4181
2010-03-11, 04:42 PM
They invaded with 30.000, 10.000 got killed. Assuming the average family size of 3-4 that makes 90.000 to 120.000. We know 10.000 got killed and probably not all migrated to the city. Then assuming 80.000 did migrate to the city, I filled up the remaining 20.000 with merchants, craftsmen, etc drawn by the economics of such a city, which is a bare minimum imo.

Since Azure city could maintain 500.000 inhabitants, it's safe to assume that there is plenty of room for those willing to migrate. Especially now that they are recognised, the safe political landscape is prone to attract commerce and thus making gobotopia a fast growing power. Property prices are historically low, a perfect setting to think about offspring.

That is some pretty crazy math right there.

JonestheSpy
2010-03-11, 07:24 PM
a dead Hydra being cooked with Gouda...

Oh, that's not a dead hydra...

Studoku
2010-03-11, 11:13 PM
I'd say there is probably much more than a 100 azurite prinsoners... i think we are looking at numbers more in the thousands, maybe even tens of thousands... They could only take so many people out of the city by ship, and it's very likely that thousands would have gotten left behind; this is especially possible if Shojo's estimate of "half-million" is anywhere close to how many citizens were in azure city

Though it is possible he might have been refering to those outside the city for some reason
One of the bonuses in War & XPs is a guide to Azure City. It lists the population as 530,000.

slayerx
2010-03-11, 11:28 PM
One of the bonuses in War & XPs is a guide to Azure City. It lists the population as 530,000.

ya nice... makes me want to know more details, like how many were enslaved, how many escaped and how many are still alive with hinjo (as opposed to killed by monster attacks or left in allied cities)

I mean when you think about it, with such a huge population, even if the rebels and Hinjo only managed to mobilize 10% of the remaining population, they would have numbers that are the same or greater than the hobgoblin military, possibly even more than the population itself... both of which depend on how many other non-pc races may have immigrated to gobbotopia