PDA

View Full Version : How would you make Sindri Myr? [3.5]

Denamort
2010-03-09, 11:48 AM
I'm doing a campaing in Eberron and I want Sindri Myr to be the main villian. If you have read the Dawn of War novel or played Warhammer 40k, you should know who he is.

I can't decide which race and class/clases are the ones that fit best with the character.

His powers are suposed to be Psionic, at least acording to Warhammer, but I think Arcane magic fits better the rol of "Smart, Evil, Thirsty of Power Spellcaster". And he is a priest of the Chaos Gods, so Divine Magic also fits.

So, what do you suggest, playgrounders?

I apologize for any spelling mistakes, this is the best Google can do.

alisbin
2010-03-09, 12:15 PM
i'd go with sorcerer/ur priest (BoVD), caster levels stack so you'll have have a pretty good power for low level sorc spells (max of 5th lvl spells and caster level 20 i think at character level 20) AND 9th level divine spells. so you'll have mid level blaster ability and extreme divine chops + a fluff concept that has him stealing divine power from the gods which if i remember right was pretty much his angle, power demands sacrifice after all.
for other stuff keep looking in the book of vile darkness, it was pretty much made for villains like sindri
dunno what feat will give him that awesome voice though...

Volkov
2010-03-09, 12:19 PM
It's Relevant only to the title but it still must be done.

SSSIIINNNDDDRRRIII!!!

Lord of Syntax
2010-03-09, 12:22 PM
i'd go with sorcerer/ur priest (BoVD), caster levels stack so you'll have have a pretty good power for low level sorc spells (max of 5th lvl spells and caster level 20 i think at character level 20) AND 9th level divine spells. so you'll have mid level blaster ability and extreme divine chops + a fluff concept that has him stealing divine power from the gods which if i remember right was pretty much his angle, power demands sacrifice after all.
for other stuff keep looking in the book of vile darkness, it was pretty much made for villains like sindri
dunno what feat will give him that awesome voice though...

Needs moar MT

Volkov
2010-03-09, 12:25 PM
Secondly; METAL BAWKSES!!!11!!

d13
2010-03-09, 12:58 PM
I'm doing a campaing in Eberron and I want Sindri Myr to be the main villian. If you have read the Dawn of War novel or played Warhammer 40k, you should know who he is.

I can't decide which race and class/clases are the ones that fit best with the character.

His powers are suposed to be Psionic, at least acording to Warhammer, but I think Arcane magic fits better the rol of "Smart, Evil, Thirsty of Power Spellcaster". And he is a priest of the Chaos Gods, so Divine Magic also fits.

Let's see... This is a little more information than you gave me by msn...

Human Cleric of the Shadow
Domains: Magic, Chaos
Stats you care for: Wis, Con, Str. You'd want Int and Cha to be 10+ too.

You can use wands and staves to take care of the Arcane side (staves are great, as they can hold more than one spell), and 'zilla your way to the rear end handling, to your players.

Alternatively, if you don't want to use Ur-Cheese, gestalt. (MT was left out on purpose).

Volkov
2010-03-09, 03:56 PM
What do we do about that fancy powered armor? Fancy DAEMON enhanced powered armor that is so fancy that every non-homebrew and most homebrew Major artifact suit of armor looks like a piece of junk compared to it.

The Glyphstone
2010-03-09, 05:06 PM
Reinterpret it. Since this isn't a Versus thread in the Media Discussion, we don't need to decide what a 'realistic' representation of Power Armor is, only what would be suitable for a bad guy of the level that his expy will be in this campaign.

+X Full Plate or Mountain Plate armor. Add enchantments as desired. Problem solved.

Volkov
2010-03-09, 05:09 PM
Reinterpret it. Since this isn't a Versus thread in the Media Discussion, we don't need to decide what a 'realistic' representation of Power Armor is, only what would be suitable for a bad guy of the level that his expy will be in this campaign.

+X Full Plate or Mountain Plate armor. Add enchantments as desired. Problem solved.

I'd suggest that it would give a Str, and Con bonus, and possibly resistance to all forms of energy.

The Glyphstone
2010-03-09, 05:14 PM
+X Mountain Plate with the built-in effects of a Belt of Giant Strength and Amulet of Health (as per MIC), and a small amount of Energy Resistance.

Volkov
2010-03-09, 05:23 PM
Sindri would have lots of points in bluff, intimidate, gather information, and diplomacy.

Oslecamo
2010-03-09, 05:23 PM
Considering that a power armor is composed of several parts, I don't see why not representing it as several items. Chaos is even renowed for mixing and pimping out their armors with whatever's at hand as old pieces stop working due to lack of maintenance.

The Glyphstone
2010-03-09, 05:30 PM
Sindri would have lots of points in bluff, intimidate, gather information, and diplomacy.

On the other hand, his Intelligence score would be abysmal, so he wouldn't have a lot of skill points to spend on those.

Volkov
2010-03-09, 05:33 PM
On the other hand, his Intelligence score would be abysmal, so he wouldn't have a lot of skill points to spend on those.

Sindri was an intelligent and manipulative bastard, Bane, and the Metal Bawkses guy dressed up as a chaos lord are the idiots. Crull had average intelligence, and Eliphas oozed awesome.

The Glyphstone
2010-03-09, 05:38 PM
Okay, I haven't played the game in ages. I thought Sindri was the METAL BAWKSES guy.

alisbin
2010-03-10, 10:07 AM
for armor, why not give him a modified version of "Demon Armor" DMG, simple, gives him a base unarmed badassness. additionally you'd need his force staff (say a staff of X that does force instead of bludgeoning damage), a nice hand crossbow and a helm of teleportation or at least dimension door just to start.
stats, i'd say he'd need high mental stats and above average physical, say 13, 14, 14, 15, 18, 18, adding to wisdom every 4th level.

Volkov
2010-03-10, 10:09 AM
Okay, I haven't played the game in ages. I thought Sindri was the METAL BAWKSES guy.

Sindri was a chaos sorcerer, The METAL BAWKSES guy who's name I shall not speak was some dude on drugs pretending to be a chaos lord.

Volkov
2010-03-10, 10:11 AM
for armor, why not give him a modified version of "Demon Armor" DMG, simple, gives him a base unarmed badassness. additionally you'd need his force staff (say a staff of X that does force instead of bludgeoning damage), a nice hand crossbow and a helm of teleportation or at least dimension door just to start.
stats, i'd say he'd need high mental stats and above average physical, say 13, 14, 14, 15, 18, 18, adding to wisdom every 4th level.

Sindri's armor vastly increased his strength and toughness as long as he was in it, and it reduced all damage thrown at him.

Anterean
2010-03-10, 10:21 AM
Since you are in eberron anyhow perhaps an alteration of the Living Breastplate (p. 299 of the campaign setting) might work as a substitute for the (chaos) power armour?

Volkov
2010-03-10, 12:05 PM
Since you are in eberron anyhow perhaps an alteration of the Living Breastplate (p. 299 of the campaign setting) might work as a substitute for the (chaos) power armour?

Glyphstone and I's idea is betterr IMHO.

Denamort
2010-03-10, 12:33 PM

I think this is the best choise, altough I would use Wizard/Ur-Priest instead. Any reason for choosing the Sorcerer?

I hadn't thought that, it's a really good idea.

I prefer the Living Brestplate, it has less armor (+12 vs +8) but a lower Arcane Spell failure and a bigger Dexterity Modifier. The Force staff never ocurred to me and fits the character perfectly, as well as the hand crossbow. The stats are mostly what I have in mind.

Volkov
2010-03-10, 12:38 PM
I think this is the best choise, altough I would use Wizard/Ur-Priest instead. Any reason for choosing the Sorcerer?

I hadn't thought that, it's a really good idea.

I prefer the Living Brestplate, it has less armor (+12 vs +8) but a lower Arcane Spell failure and a bigger Dexterity Modifier. The Force staff never ocurred to me and fits the character perfectly, as well as the hand crossbow. The stats are mostly what I have in mind.
Mithril mountain plate could fix that. And Sindri wears full body armor, breast-plate is somewhat poor at representing that.

The Glyphstone
2010-03-10, 01:32 PM
Mountain Plate + Still Spell, you mean. Mithril Mountain Plate would still have a ridiculous ASF.

Or, just be a Cleric with the Magic domain, and you've got the arcane casting via items.

Deth Muncher
2010-03-10, 05:44 PM
Maybe his Force Staff is actually a Runestaff that lets him cast, so he can be a cleric and ignore ASF? Or, y'know, maybe a Warlock?

Volkov
2010-03-10, 05:50 PM
Maybe his Force Staff is actually a Runestaff that lets him cast, so he can be a cleric and ignore ASF? Or, y'know, maybe a Warlock?

A Warlock's powers are too limited to accurately represent the wide range of powers a typical chaos sorcerer has. Rather I'd handwave it with a feat that further reduces the Spell chance failure, and a special armor enchantment that further reduces it still.

Also, remember to really portray his intelligence and shrewdness, make it seem that he is always a dozen steps ahead of the PC's. But most importantly, Sindri is power hungry and quite willing to dispose of any "superiors" he feels are slowing him down. Much like he did with bale, of course, bale was a complete idiot.

alisbin
2010-03-11, 10:51 AM
@denamort
i went with sorcerer since sindri (imho, its kinda how DOW works) is always throwing out his sorcerous blast spell (can't remember name) which is kinda magic missile/orb of X like or maybe fireball. since sorcerers are the "cast the same spell all day" caster i figured it fit better. i agree warlock is TOO specialized to fit.

Denamort
2010-03-11, 01:56 PM
Mountain Plate + Still Spell, you mean. Mithril Mountain Plate would still have a ridiculous ASF.

Or, just be a Cleric with the Magic domain, and you've got the arcane casting via items.

Actually, as suggested d13 when we discuss the subject, the best Cleric build is a Cloistered Cleric with the Spell Domain witch has Anyspell and Greater Anyspell in it's spell list. Add the feat that allows you to cast spontainously any Domain Spell (Domain Spontaneity, Complete Divine) and you have Sorcerer Magic without ASF. I like this convination, but it doesn't offer the versatility of the Wizard or Sorcerer/Ur-Priest.