PDA

View Full Version : Battle Mages-Buka Entertainment-WTF!?

WorldWalker
2010-03-09, 05:10 PM
Has anyone played this without cheats?

The game is a joke.

You have two units to begin with on the first level, and you can add a third. You can even have a fourth if you pump your leadership high.

The problem here? In the first level there are continuos spawning units from the graveyard, there are two units of bandits in the cave to the east, and when you GET to the graveyard, unless you have the Paladins (You can't unless your a commander or have ignored your magic to pump leadership) you are about to be wiped off the earth.

I consider myself average to above average, and I'm possibly being modest, at RTS and especially at RPG games. But I struggled my ass off in this first level.

Also, let me say, you get ONE spell, the spell has a cooldown usually of between 5-10 seconds. I'll repeat. You are a MAGE and you get ONE spell with a COOLDOWN time of 5-10 seconds.

My friends.

This is a huge case of WTF WERE THEY THINKING!?

Makensha
2010-03-09, 08:58 PM
Have you checked strategy guides? Generally after being out six years some very solid guides are online to help you.

toasty
2010-03-09, 10:31 PM
Has anyone played this without cheats?

The game is a joke.

I managed to win the first level... It was not easy, but I managed to upgrade one of my footmen to a paladin by getting said footmen lots of experience. There are a surprising amount of stuff to kill besides the undead.

WorldWalker
2010-03-10, 04:38 PM
I managed to win the first level... It was not easy, but I managed to upgrade one of my footmen to a paladin by getting said footmen lots of experience. There are a surprising amount of stuff to kill besides the undead.

Yeah I bought the Paladins at the town. The game might be better if:

A) You could replace lost soldiers in your units
B) Your leadership was unlimited and the amount of soldiers you controlled depended sheerly on your gold.
C) As a MAGE your spells were unlimited or at LEAST mana based with no cool down time.
D) You didn't lose mana just because your soldiers were off screen.

Also, Re: Strategy Guides. I can't do it. I know it's a viable option but I just cannot complete a game with a strategy guide. I feel like I've cheated.

:-(

Anyone else find this game almost impossible? Has anyone actually beaten the second level?

Anyone figure out if the cooldown on spells EVER improves?

Vitruviansquid
2010-03-10, 04:58 PM
Have you ever played a game called Praetorians? Or Fantasy Wars? Gladiators?

They're all strategy games where, every new level I look at them and I go "umm... How in god's name do you expect me to beat these odds?"

And then, after my fifth or so retry, I get an epiphany and it works out. I figure this may be one of that kind of games.

In other news, I had known of one game that I've always wanted to look into further or play the demo of and I think this might be it. Can anyone get me a link to where I would buy it, or to a demo of it?

WorldWalker
2010-03-10, 11:08 PM
Have you ever played a game called Praetorians? Or Fantasy Wars? Gladiators?

They're all strategy games where, every new level I look at them and I go "umm... How in god's name do you expect me to beat these odds?"

And then, after my fifth or so retry, I get an epiphany and it works out. I figure this may be one of that kind of games.

In other news, I had known of one game that I've always wanted to look into further or play the demo of and I think this might be it. Can anyone get me a link to where I would buy it, or to a demo of it?

No. No my friend. lol. I grant you that there are a lot of games that make it so difficult until you realise "ohhhhh that's what I was meant to do". This however is a case of: "So...I'm a mage with one spell that I can cast every thirty seconds, I have two units versus thirty units, I can't resurrect them, I can't control more of them, I'll eventually run out of funds... Annnnd I also have to protect the guys that can't fight?" lol.

Try it. Seriously. Fourty dollars goes to you if you can screen shot me the last level and prove you didn't use cheats. Baha.

If you wanna try a fantastic game LIKE this? Try Age of Wonders.