PDA

View Full Version : Good Debuffs Needed

ArcanistSupreme
2010-03-09, 05:58 PM
I'm thinking of making a PrC and am looking for good debuffs, both arcane and divine. Any books are permitted, but the less cheese the better. Please list the spell and the book it's found in. Thanks!

lsfreak
2010-03-09, 06:22 PM
Many can be found here (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19873034/Treantmonks_guide_to_Wizards:_Being_a_God&post_num=2#338493478) under the various spell school lists. I'd suggest reading through them.

Some of my personal favorites:
Mass Curse of Impending Blades. -2AC, no save.
Slow. Non-mind-affecting Will save-or-suck-really-bad.
Stinking Cloud. Fort save-or-practically-lose.
Enervation.
Necrotic Skull Bomb (Champions of Ruin). Auto-quickened AoE enervation, though it allows a save.
Unluck. Save or roll everything twice, take the lower result.
Avascular Mass (Libris Mortis/SpC). Halves health with no save, save-or-stunned, and a web effect around the target, made up of the target's purged blood vessels.

Any duration AoE combined with Fel Draining (Libris Mortis) and/or Born of Three Thunders (Complete Arcane) metamagicks. My favorite is Freezing Fog; yes, freedom and movement and teleportation get out easily, but otherwise it's a whole lot of suck.

Gorilla2038
2010-03-09, 07:22 PM
Waves of Grief+Curse of ill fortune

-6 to all rolls? woot

ArcanistSupreme
2010-03-09, 10:39 PM
That's a good start. And I've seen that guide, but the formatting was awful in some places so it was difficult to get through. Do you know of any comprehensive lists of debuffs and/or buffs that fit the requirements? What you've shown me so far is excellent, but I need to flesh out a spell list of size comparable to the Blackguard's.

Ravens_cry
2010-03-09, 10:59 PM
Bestow Curse. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/bestowCurse.htm)
One if it's suggested forms is pretty gross. A fifty percent chance lose their action?
Yes, please! The downside is it's range touch, but there is ways around that, I believe.