PDA

View Full Version : Divine Mind

Demons_eye
2010-03-09, 08:14 PM
Ok this is what has happened. My DM let me go thrall herder and I am making my first thrall. He is a level 4 Elan divine mind with the creation and life mantles feats are Practice Manifester, Tap mantle and Don mantle. Going to be a healer.

This is my problem, I don't understand how mantles and this aura work, so can some one explain it to me?

Specific questions:

If I have more then one aura do they all work at once?
I know no powers at level 4 yes?
My manifester level is 4 yes?
Anyway to increase auras past 10 besides just leveling?
What tiers are divine mind?
Any other low tier psionic class?

Starbuck_II
2010-03-09, 08:25 PM
Ok this is what has happened. My DM let me go thrall herder and I am making my first thrall. He is a level 4 Elan divine mind with the creation and life mantles feats are Practice Manifester, Tap mantle and Don mantle. Going to be a healer.

This is my problem, I don't understand how mantles and this aura work, so can some one explain it to me?

Specific questions:

Yes, Divine mind is a Pally in spellcasting/manifesting.
Your manifester level is class level -4.
You only gain a mantle power at 5th, before that you have a manifester list but no known (you can use dojres, powe stones, etc though).
You gain 1 aura to use at a time; turning a second on ends the first. You start with initial 3 + 1 from chosen mantle.
You can have 2 at level 10 at same time (pg 10 says this).

Are you using the alternate class feature?

Assassin89
2010-03-09, 08:31 PM
[ninja'd]

No, you choose one aura to manifest at a time until level 10, where you can have two active auras, and level 20, for three auras.

Correct.

No it would be 0.

A divine mind's manifester level is equal to his class level minus 4. For example, a 10th-level divine mind is a 6th-level manifester
[/ninja'd]

Enhanced Beneficence increases the radius of the aura by 5ft, but it cannot be taken more than once.

People consider it tier 6

the lurk? It is a class designed more for ambushes, than as a psionic rogue

Demons_eye
2010-03-09, 08:33 PM
Yes, Divine mind is a Pally in spellcasting/manifesting.
Umm ok?

Your manifester level is class level -4.
With Practice Manifester that means my ML is 4+4-4=4 correct?

You only gain a mantle power at 5th, before that you have a manifester list but no known (you can use dojres, powe stones, etc though).
Ok thats what I mainly wanted to know.

You gain 1 aura to use at a time; turning a second on ends the first. You start with initial 3 + 1 from chosen mantle.
Ok

You can have 2 at level 10 at same time (pg 10 says this).
OK

Are you using the alternate class feature?
I am up to asking the DM so sure.

Enhanced Beneficence increases the radius of the aura by 5ft, but it cannot be taken more than once.

People consider it tier 6

the lurk? It is a class designed more for ambushes, than as a psionic rogue

Any class with healing ability's?

Pluto
2010-03-09, 08:51 PM
Any class with healing ability's?
Psionic Healing basically comes either from the Ardent's Life Devotion, the Empathetic Transfer/Vigor combo (easiest with a Psychic Warrior) or the Sangehirn (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20040625c) PrC, which works pretty well with any Psionic class.

An Ardent (CPsi)/Sangehirn is probably the best way to go.

Lord of Syntax
2010-03-09, 09:00 PM
No, you want a Convert Spell to Power (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20070629a) Erudite! (from Complete Psionic (PM me for more info))
You can manifest any psionic power or arcane spell!

DragoonWraith
2010-03-09, 09:09 PM
StP Erudite is about as broken as they come. Ignore that.

But the Divine Mind is one of the worst classes ever printed by Wizards. You really don't want one.

Demons_eye
2010-03-09, 09:13 PM
StP Erudite is about as broken as they come. Ignore that.

But the Divine Mind is one of the worst classes ever printed by Wizards. You really don't want one.

Did not plan too, but thanks to wording on thrall herder the class must be psionic or am I reading that wrong? We got combat and skills mostly covered so we just need healing....

Starbuck_II
2010-03-09, 09:19 PM
Did not plan too, but thanks to wording on thrall herder the class must be psionic or am I reading that wrong? We got combat and skills mostly covered so we just need healing....

Nope. The Thrall(s) can be anything you want.
It is basically a subtle mind control effect (though EX not Su).

Demons_eye
2010-03-09, 09:26 PM
Nope. The Thrall(s) can be anything you want.
It is basically a subtle mind control effect (though EX not Su).

Those who answer a thrallherd’s call are not referred to as cohorts and followers, but rather as thralls and believers, respectively. They do not appear because they admire the character and want to serve her, but because a hidden psychic resonance connects the thrallherd and her servants.

So no need to have psychic powers? Does it work on mindless/immune to mind effect people? (I would think not but....)

Nate the Snake
2010-03-10, 12:46 AM
So no need to have psychic powers? Does it work on mindless/immune to mind effect people? (I would think not but....)

The thrallherd ability is basically just the Leadership feat, and the "hidden psychic resonance" part is just fluff. Your thrall can have immunity to mind-affecting effects (but it can't be mindless).