PDA

View Full Version : The Last Ninja (Interactive)

MethosH
2010-03-10, 12:42 AM
OH MY...! Methos, stop making new comics! Are you nuts? :smallconfused:

Ok ok... But wait... You guys are gonna love this!
Since Interactive Comics appears to be the new black I figure I should try. If this goes wrong I can just forget about the thing, let it die, and go cry quietly in a dark corner.

Anyway...

Here is:

The Last Ninja
(yeah, I didn't make a banner this time... If this end up going the right way I'll do it.)

Read this if you want to join:

This is an interactive comic (that means the readers choose the main characters actions) about a young boy named Najin.

Najin is on a personal quest to find the last master ninja in the world to teach him the ninja ways. This is all you need to know if you wanna quickly join the party, but if you feel like you need more information please keep reading.

The story is set in a imaginary world inspired by ninjas-samurai-kung-fu-karate-aikido-judo-thing called Oaki.

On this worlds there are legends about the great ninja warriors (they are not like Naruto and they are not like the real ninjas), in some stories they are warrior daemons, in some they are magical guardians, and in some they are shadow figures of wisdom.

But nobody really knows, since it appears the Ninjas are long gone from the world.

A legend still exists about the last ninja master that awaits to train the true warrior that will resurrect the ninja way.

Najin belives in this legend and, since he is a poor orphan with nothing left to lose, he decided to go on a personal quest to find this last ninja master.

Current situation:
First you tried to attach your knife to your bamboo staff, but you don't have anything to keep your knife steady on the bamboo staff so you give up. No harm done since you currently don't have the skill to use spears.

After that you take a log from the fire and go explore to search for the noise.

On your way you find a strange glowing fox.

http://zecarioca.net/Imagens2010/Najin003.png

Skills:

How skills work here?

Skills work somehow like and RPG. You will evolve each skill by using it or learning more from somebody who knows more than you. You can also learn new skills from people so stay sharp to look out for masters and so on while in town.

You will easily notice that some skills are harder to master (going to level 100) and some easier (some skill will only go to level 5). There will be no dice rolling, the result of a situation involving a skill will depend on the skill level alone, so be aware of your limitations.

Current skills:

http://zecarioca.net/Imagens2010/NajinSkills.png

Skills description:

Fei Hok Pai: The martial art inspired by the movements of the heron.
Meditation: While meditating Najin is capable of restore it self, both mentally and fiscally. If he is injured or tired meditate is a good call.

Items:

This is the list of items you currently have.

http://zecarioca.net/Imagens2010/NajinItens.png

The number of items you can carry are limited by a factor called "Reality check".

Current Map:

Some times you will find yourself carrying a map. It may be useful. It may be not. Remember to always buy new maps while in town, if possible.

http://zecarioca.net/Imagens2010/NajinMap001.png

Archive

#1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8101274&postcount=7)
#2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8103003&postcount=13)
#3 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8140605&postcount=24)

SinisterPenguin
2010-03-17, 10:18 PM
Examine the contents of your inventory.

Silverraptor
2010-03-17, 10:44 PM
Yes Methos, are you nuts?!:smallfurious: Do you even have the time to keep up an interactive fan comic?:smallconfused:

But on another note, I like the story line. I want to do my own interactive fan comic, but I won't do it until I have the time and effort to have the ability to turn out an Idiosyncrasy comic once a day. I have the entire story planned out for two whole story arcs after this, so it wouldn't be much of a strech if I had a better schedule.

Finally on another different sharp note, what time would it be at the moment? Also, like what SinisterPenguin said, what does he have?(One thing I hate about most Interactive comics is you have to waste time to ask to see the inventory when it could have been explained at the beginning.)

After that's been addressed, the only thing I can think of is if he's had dinner, go to sleep and get shut eye for the two day hike to the village.

MethosH
2010-03-17, 11:43 PM
Oh thank god!

I've been secretly waiting for this thread to be approved for almost a month now! I've been eating my own fingers in the hope that it would somehow make time go faster.

Yes Methos, are you nuts?!:smallfurious: Do you even have the time to keep up an interactive fan comic?:smallconfused:

The truth is I actually do have the time to keep up with all my comics. Between my tree amazingly easy jobs, cook food, clean the house, do the laundry, be with the girlfriend I actually do have enough free time to get it all done. Most of the time I just don't want. The thing is that I get bored pretty easily with just one thing while there are many other ideas popping out of my head and just can't focus unless there are many things going on at the same time. I'm really looking forward to this one because of the "interactive" thing and the possibility of fight scenes. Despite the fact that non of my comics due rely on fight scenes I do enjoy drawing them... Is just I don't really get a chance like: "Hey, here a fight scene would be freaking wonderful!"

But on another note, I like the story line.

Thank you. I don't want this to become a "Lets fool around with stuff and see what happens" kind of interactive comic. I want the readers to try, at least for once, to think like the character and do go striping all of the sudden.

I want to do my own interactive fan comic, but I won't do it until I have the time and effort to have the ability to turn out an Idiosyncrasy comic once a day. I have the entire story planned out for two whole story arcs after this, so it wouldn't be much of a strech if I had a better schedule.

I'm in favor of interactive fancomics. The more the better! Makes me feel part of something and distract my brain from work without taking too much of my time... unlike MMO's

Finally on another different sharp note, what time would it be at the moment? Also, like what SinisterPenguin said, what does he have?(One thing I hate about most Interactive comics is you have to waste time to ask to see the inventory when it could have been explained at the beginning.)

You know.. You are totally right... I'll just make the inventory, skills and map and post it. And also explain how the skills will work.

Jokasti
2010-03-17, 11:48 PM
Methos you're killing us! Finish some comics! How many other comics do you have ready to be approved? :p
On another note, great shading work! Head into the nearby town.
You need a website with all your work on it or something.

MethosH
2010-03-17, 11:51 PM
Methos you're killing us! Finish some comics! How many other comics do you have ready to be approved? :p
On another note, great shading work! Head into the nearby town.
You need a website with all your work on it or something.

I will! This is the last one! Promise!
I'll only make a new comic after finishing Reality, Love and this one (not in this particular order)(The Prestige will never end... EVER!)

MethosH
2010-03-18, 12:12 AM
I'm reposting the current situation just because it will make easier to keep and archive.

http://zecarioca.net/Imagens2010/Najin001.png
Najin is now on the forest of Sugiura. He is two days travel from Akaio, a small town that have a temple were a clue may be hidden.

It is currently 11 PM.

----

Now on items, skills and maps:

Items:

http://zecarioca.net/Imagens2010/NajinItens.png

Skills:

http://zecarioca.net/Imagens2010/NajinSkills.png

Map:

It's a map, not a GPS.
http://zecarioca.net/Imagens2010/NajinMap001.png

The red X is you.

--

I'll now update the first post adding the items, skills, and map.
And also how the skills will work

Done

Fay Graydon
2010-03-18, 04:29 AM
Well to start with could i suggest that you change the money to possibly Koban / Ryo which was what a gold coin was in what people consider Feudal times.
Heck! Even Yen(¥) would be more Japanese Like :smalltongue:

Green-Shirt Q
2010-03-18, 08:06 AM
:smallsigh:

Okay, 2 fancomics I can manage. 3 at the most. 4 is a little unresonable, but I thought a good fancomic writer like yourself could pull it off.

5 is just ridiculous.

You only update them like once every blue moon, too! This means that no one story is getting enough focus from you to make it truely magnificient! And you have the potential to be an amazing writer, but you have to focus on just a small number of stories at a time!

I've turned a blind eye to this for too long. I think you're an addict. This is an intervention, Methos. You have to stop making more fancomics before you do yourself and these forums some permanent damage. How many will it take to satisfy your fancomic needs? 6? 7? 10?! 20?! Will you not be satisfied until the entire board is littered with your fancomics, each story only updating once or twice a year?! I'm worried about you. YOU HAVE TO STOP BEFORE IT GOES TOO FAR. I'm being totally serious about this. :frown:

Blayze
2010-03-18, 08:11 AM
Najin (And Q): Remember to breathe.

;)

MethosH
2010-03-18, 08:33 AM
:smallsigh:

Okay, 2 fancomics I can manage. 3 at the most. 4 is a little unresonable, but I thought a good fancomic writer like yourself could pull it off.

5 is just ridiculous.

You only update them like once every blue moon, too! This means that no one story is getting enough focus from you to make it truely magnificient! And you have the potential to be an amazing writer, but you have to focus on just a small number of stories at a time!

I've turned a blind eye to this for too long. I think you're an addict. This is an intervention, Methos. You have to stop making more fancomics before you do yourself and these forums some permanent damage. How many will it take to satisfy your fancomic needs? 6? 7? 10?! 20?! Will you not be satisfied until the entire board is littered with your fancomics, each story only updating once or twice a year?! I'm worried about you. YOU HAVE TO STOP BEFORE IT GOES TOO FAR. I'm being totally serious about this. :frown:

I'm not even sure when to count Knack or not :smalltongue:
Fear not! I'll pull this off! You'll see that in the end, if I have more comics I'll update them more often.

@Fayte

That is actually a good idea. Its just that "gp" was the first thing on my mind.

Silverraptor
2010-03-18, 09:25 AM
Anyways, moving on.

Like I said earlier, if he's had dinner, have him get some sleep to prepare to hike out to the village in the morning.

MethosH
2010-03-18, 09:58 AM
Anyways, moving on.

Like I said earlier, if he's had dinner, have him get some sleep to prepare to hike out to the village in the morning.

You realize that you haven't eat all day and soon you may start to feel hungry.

You hear a strange noise coming from the nearby woods.

http://zecarioca.net/Imagens2010/Najin002.png

----

I'll add the description of some less intuitive skills on the main post.

Silverraptor
2010-03-18, 10:00 AM
Pick up one of the logs from the fire and throw it in that direction to illuminate the area.

Blayze
2010-03-18, 10:51 AM
Indeed. Set fire to the forest, that'll flush them out. :)

Cizak
2010-03-18, 11:19 AM
No need to throw it, but half of it is a good idea. Pick up one of the burning logs and use it as a torch.

EDIT: I love you, Methos. No matter how many comics you make you'll always have my support :smallbiggrin:

Fay Graydon
2010-03-18, 03:24 PM
We are a Ninja.
Agent of the night.
Kick dirt over the fire and fade in with your surroundings before climbing the tree with ninja Speed an agility

Silverraptor
2010-03-18, 11:03 PM
We are a Ninja.
Agent of the night.
Kick dirt over the fire and fade in with your surroundings before climbing the tree with ninja Speed an agility

Uh... he said it wasn't those type off ninjas, I believe.

MethosH
2010-03-18, 11:23 PM
And you are not a ninja! You are a kid that is searching for the last ninja to learn the ninja ways :smallbiggrin:

smuchmuch
2010-03-19, 02:47 AM
That said, putting out the fire and climbing to hide into a tree is something even a kid could do (assuming there are somme low enough branches) and would be a pretty sensible option if we had reason to supect a serious threat was eround.

Since we can't really know, I suggest:
Using a burning piece of wood as an improvised torch, try to find around something to eat to appease your hunger. But stand ready to hide, in case something something is effectively comming in your direction.

Fay Graydon
2010-03-19, 01:12 PM
And you are not a ninja! You are a kid that is searching for the last ninja to learn the ninja ways :smallbiggrin:

Well lets look at it this way...
We want to be a Ninja... So surely we would already be trying to imitate them?

The Dark Fiddler
2010-03-19, 07:57 PM
I'm going to second the whole grabbing a torch thing, but he should be on the defensive, just in case something attacks. (Also, you are very much insane).

MrEdwardNigma
2010-03-20, 04:49 PM
Attach your knife to your staff to produce a makeshift spear. Then take a burning stick and explore in the direction of the sound.

MethosH
2010-03-23, 06:43 PM
First you tried to attach your knife to your bamboo staff, but you don't have anything to keep your knife steady on the bamboo staff so you give up. No harm done since you currently don't have the skill to use spears.

After that you take a log from the fire and go explore to search for the noise.

On your way you find a strange glowing fox.

Fay Graydon
2010-03-23, 06:46 PM
Foxes don't glow!
Purge the evil spirit from the animal's body and send it back to the realm it came from by Burning it with fire.

smuchmuch
2010-03-23, 07:35 PM
Become friend with the fox, then go bother the nearest lost explorer and ask him to draw you a farm animal of your choice.

CrimsonAngel
2010-03-23, 07:50 PM
Someone in the middle of nowere finding a fox? Sounds like the dream I had and wrote about in the comic thread.

CrimsonAngel
2010-03-23, 07:52 PM
The images aren't showing. None of them unless they're mine. Can you edit the first post to link to your hosting site?

MethosH
2010-03-23, 08:17 PM
The images aren't showing. None of them unless they're mine. Can you edit the first post to link to your hosting site?

you want something like this? :smallconfused:

Rae Artemi
2010-03-23, 08:40 PM
Hug the fox. Hug it good.

John Cribati
2010-03-23, 08:58 PM
make yourself as small as possible to show that you mean no threat to it, then try to call it to you.

Mina Kobold
2010-03-24, 04:16 AM
Try not to scare or anger the fox and try to talk to it, even if it can't talk back it might still be helpful :smallsmile:

Cizak
2010-03-24, 12:07 PM
Use your Wilderness Survival skill to show the fox that you aren't a threat.

Blayze
2010-03-24, 02:34 PM
Poke fox with stick.

licoot
2010-03-24, 02:54 PM
Poke fox with stick.

DOOOOOO IIIIIIT:smallbiggrin:

CrimsonAngel
2010-03-24, 07:47 PM
Wink at it. Make it your riding animal.

Draconi Redfir
2010-03-29, 01:35 AM
give the fox some food and try to befreind it.

An Enemy Spy
2010-03-29, 11:58 AM
Set the fox on fire and set it's charred body on the bamboo pole as a warning to anything else that wants to invade our territory