PDA

View Full Version : Character Concept: Wee Mad Arthur

Amphetryon
2010-03-10, 07:21 AM
I've been asked to help create Wee Mad Arthur (http://wiki.lspace.org/wiki/Wee_Mad_Arthur) for a player. Current idea is a small race, using PsyWar with Compression to get down to the 6" size, with IUS and the Psionic Fist shtick to emulate his attack method.

He's nominally a Gnome, but that's less important to the player than small size. I'm trying to find a small race, playable at level 2, without a STR penalty, if such exists. Most of his other features can be emulated through psionics well enough to be recognizable.

Any good build suggestions would, naturally, be welcome.

Yora
2010-03-10, 07:23 AM
For a moment I wondered if you meant this Arthur (http://www.sheldoncomics.com/images/arthur.jpg). :smallbiggrin:

Kzickas
2010-03-10, 09:37 AM
discworld gnomes are not the same race as D&D gnomes. grig probably is the race that fits best, but 3 LA is kind of harsh

Kol Korran
2010-03-10, 09:49 AM
my best suggestion is to try and homebew something- size tiny to diminutive, a serious boost to stregth (perhaps dex as well), a serious penalty to intelligence, and quite a large move speed for his size. perhaps increased damage to unarmed attacks due to how strong his bones are. favored class (if you use it): Barbarian or drunken master (or perhaps unarmed swordsage, though that fits the concept less) i just don't see the psy thing fitting, but that's your call...

LA? wavered aside for the point of awesome.:smallwink:

thats what i think anyway.

Kol.

Heliomance
2010-03-10, 10:18 AM
I may be tiny, but you're dead! (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19872846/I_May_Be_Tiny,_But_Youre_Dead:_the_other,_melee_Ki ller_Gnome,_for_your_pleasure.)

Vizzerdrix
2010-03-10, 10:25 AM
Psywar half giant (or other giant race.) +several castings of the Eberron spell that permanently reduces a giants size. 5 or 4 castings should do it.

Amphetryon
2010-03-10, 10:31 AM
Heliomance: I've seen the killer gnome, although the link is not functioning at the moment. I'm also familiar with Tiny McBigLargeHuge.

Kol: I appreciate the sentiment, but I'm hoping not to homebrew, which is why it's posted here and not the homebrew section. Thanks for the thought. Wee Mad Arthur might seem to rage, but is exceptionally strong without the rage, so Barb isn't an ideal fit. Compression is the best way I've currently found to make a Small race Smaller for long periods, which is needed AFAIK to fit the 6" size. Neither Barb nor Unarmed Swordsage has any innate ability to be tiny for long periods my knowledge.

Kzickas: LA +3 puts it well outside the 'playable at level 2' parameters requested, sadly.

EDIT: Highlighting the meat of the request. I'm trying to find a small race, playable at level 2, without a STR penalty, if such exists.

Vizzerdrix
2010-03-10, 11:15 AM
EDIT: Highlighting the meat of the request. I'm trying to find a small race, playable at level 2, without a STR penalty, if such exists.

If you just need a small size, earth mephling. +1 LA, small size, +2 Str.

EDIT: tis in the planar handbook.