PDA

View Full Version : (3.5) Revenant Blade

Dusk Eclipse
2010-03-10, 11:43 AM
The revenant blade is a prg class found in the Player's Guide to Eberron, it is a 5 lvl prestige class for valenar elfs

It is solid IMO some bonus feat, and the ability to consider a valenar double scimitar as a two-handed weapon for str bonus and power attack

Now this fixes the problem with TWF (not enough damage) and if we combine it with blood claw master superior two weapon fighting it gets better

So I came up with this 10 level build; note I AFB so maybe I've got my numbers wrong

Race: Wood elf

Ranger Track, Bladeberared of Valenar (pre-requisite)
Ranger TWF
Warblade Weapon Focus (Valenar Double Scimitar) Prerequisite
Warblade
Revenant Blade
Revenant Blade Power Attack
Revenant Blade
Revenant Blade
Revenant Blade Something
Blood Claw Master

How does it seems? playable at least?

Thanks in advance

NEO|Phyte
2010-03-10, 12:02 PM
Uh, CAN it be combined with bloodclaw master? Last I checked, its goodies only worked with Tiger Claw weapons.

Gametime
2010-03-10, 12:07 PM
Yeah, most of the Bloodclaw Master abilities only work with Tiger Claw weapons. You don't really need BM, though - you already get a full strength bonus with your offhand, so the only helpful class feature is the removal of the -2 penalty for dual wielding.

Also, Revenant Blade requires BAB +5. You can't enter at level 5.

Pluto
2010-03-10, 12:27 PM
I think more Warblade would be better than Bloodclaw Master in every way.

mregecko
2010-03-10, 12:33 PM
... stuff ...

One word to go with Revenant Blade: Dervish.

-- MrE

Sinfire Titan
2010-03-10, 12:55 PM
Dig around on the Gleemax CO boards. We had a handbook for this PrC because it was a decent class.

Wings of Peace
2010-03-10, 01:10 PM
Here is the handbook (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19872270/The_Revenant_Blade_Handbook)

Dusk Eclipse
2010-03-10, 02:20 PM
Thanks for all the replies

@NEO|Phyte: I am planning on using aptitude weapons to cover that. They work right?
@Gametime: For some reason I thought Revenant Blade required BAB +4.
@Everyone who said to forget Bloodclaw master: I considered the DIp just to avoid the -2 penalty, but if it doesn't work, well more BAB, STR and enchancement can off-set the penalty
@Sinfire & Wings of Peace: Thanks for the link but I found the handbook just before reading the replies ^^U

Anyway I read the handbook and I really like the Eternal Revenant build:smallsmile:

The Eternal Revenant

Quote: "I've more than a millenium of battles behind me - you have only half a lifetime's. Walk away."

ETERNAL BLADE - FIRST 5 LEVELS:

Ranger 1: Bladebearer of the Valenar (1st). Favored Enemy - Undead, Track, Wild Empathy. Full ranks into Hide, Move Silently, Listen, Spot, and Survival.

Ranger 2: Two-Weapon Fighting (Ranger 2). Full ranks into Hide, Move Silently, Listen, Spot, and Survival.

Fighter 1: WP Focus - Valenar Double Scimitar (Fighter 1), Power Attack (3rd).

Warblade 1: Battle Clarity (Int to Reflex saves), Weapon Aptitude. Blood in the Water, Moment of Perfect Mind, Steel Wind, Wolf Fang Strike.

Warblade 2: Uncanny Dodge. Emerald Razor.

ETERNAL BLADE - SECOND 5 LEVELS:

Revenant Blade 1: Improved Two-Weapon Fighting (6th). Hero of the Valaes Tairn (+5 to Diplomacy and Gather Info checks with Valenar elves), Ancestral Guidance 1 (Improved Critical, Weapon Specialization from a zaelshin tu).

Revenant Blade 2: Shadow of the Past (class level to Hide and Move Silently checks).

Revenant Blade 3: Ancestral Guidance 2 (Great Cleave).

Revenant Blade 4: Power Attack (9th). Giant Slayer (+4 to Bluff, Listen, Sense Motive, Spot, Survival, and damage against giants, speak and write Giant).

Revenant Blade 5: Ancestral Guidance 3 (Blind Fight), Legendary Force (both ends of double scimitar count as two-handed weapons).

ETERNAL BLADE - LAST 10 LEVELS:

Eternal Blade 1: Blade Guide, Eternal Training (Int bonus to attacks and damage against a type for a battle or one Diamond Mind or Devoted Spirit maneuver once per day). Iron Heart Surge.

Eternal Blade 2: Greater Two-Weapon Fighting (12th). Guided Strike (swift action to ignore enemy’s DR).

Eternal Blade 3: Armored Uncanny Dodge, Eternal Training 2/day. 1 more readied maneuver. Crusader’s Strike.

Eternal Blade 4: Eternal Knowledge (blade guide can make skill checks in two Knowledge skills with a bonus fo class level + Int).

Eternal Blade 5: Martial Study - Pouncing Charge (15th). Rallying Strike, Aura of Triumph.

Eternal Blade 6: Defensive Insight (swift action to gain Int insight bonus to AC against a single foe for 1 round). 1 more readied maneuver.

Eternal Blade 7: Eternal Training 4/day. Quicksilver Motion.

Eternal Blade 8: Leap Attack (18th). Tactical Insight (swift action to make all opponents you attack take a penalty to AC equal to your Int for 1 round, but only for the purposes of your allies’ attacks).

Eternal Blade 9: Eternal Training 5/day. 1 more readied maneuver. Lightning Throw.

Eternal Blade 10: Island in Time 1/day.

ETERNAL REVENANT STRATEGY:

Round 1: Use a swift action to bypass your enemy’s DR. Charge the opponent in Blood in the Water stance using Pouncing Charge. You’ll attack 7 times with a 1 to 4 ratio of hit-to-damage, gaining an extra +1 to hit and damage for every critical (15-20 critical with the Revenant Blade’s Improved Critical feat). If the fight is a crucial one, use Island in Time to grab a second full attack.

Round 2: Use a swift action to shift to Aura of Triumph, then unload with a full attack. Heal up to 21 HP to anyone in the party who needs it. If you haven't already, consider using Island in Time to double the healing you manage this round.

Round 3: Use a swift action to refresh your maneuvers. Attack as many times as possible with Aura of Triumph up (consider using Spring Attack so you’ll be set up for a Pouncing Charge in round 4).

NEO|Phyte
2010-03-10, 02:53 PM
Thanks for all the replies

@NEO|Phyte: I am planning on using aptitude weapons to cover that. They work right?

Aptitude only covers feats regarding a specific weapon. Bloodclaw Master's abilities are neither feats nor covering a specific weapon (It is debatable whether "these weapons" would count for being for a specific weapon)

Dusk Eclipse
2010-03-10, 03:07 PM
Aptitude only covers feats regarding a specific weapon. Bloodclaw Master's abilities are neither feats nor covering a specific weapon (It is debatable whether "these weapons" would count for being for a specific weapon)

Then I just forget about bloodclaw master and go Ranger/warblade/revenant blade/Eternal blade

Dusk Eclipse
2010-03-10, 04:24 PM
What about suggestions for gear?

Normally I do 1/4 weapon 1/4 armor and 1/2 miscelanous items of my total WBL when building above level 1.

Right now I am thinking on a +1 corrosive/+1 corrosive valenar double scimitar. which ammounts to about 18 k more or less.

A +1 mithral breastplate of nimbleness (?)

for misc items
I seem to recall someone mentioning a ring of continous haste for about 30 K
the boots that let you teleport 20 as a move action up to 5 times per day.
A survival pouch
Possibly a belt of battle and If I can find a way to get UMD as a class skill some wands, most notably a wand of cure light wounds and a wand of wraithstrike.

Anyother suggestions for gear or a way to get UMD as a class skill?