PDA

View Full Version : Will saves....

Vallum
2010-03-10, 03:03 PM
Pathfinder/3.5 game I'm running, and I created a 5th level alchemist, (cause they look awesome), to help the party, (rogue, half-orc barbarian, and cleric), out...

Problem I'm seeing is this: my will save is pitiful, with WIS being 7 and my class only giving me +1.... I have a -1 will save....

So, I'm asking is if their are any other options, what i'm seeing is most likely as feats (have 5 w/ flaws, possibly 6 if I make him human) from 3.0/3.5 that will allow me to apply a different stat, preferably a physical stat or intelligence, to will save instead of my poor, poor WIS...

Starbuck_II
2010-03-10, 03:09 PM
There is one for Cha and Con.
Steadfast Determination in PHB 2 that lets you use Con for Will saves (instead of Wisdom). Requires Endurance.
Force of Personality lets you use Cha for Mind affecting Will saves (like sleep) or Charm person.

Eldariel
2010-03-10, 03:10 PM
Steadfast Determination, PHBII. Requires Endurance, Con to Will-saves (oh, and no autofail on 1s on Fort-saves). Keen Intellect [DRXXX] adds Intelligence to that among others. Force of Personality adds Cha to Will-saves vs. Mind-affecting.

Also, Crystalmask of Mindarmor (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/items/universalItems.htm#crystalMaskofMindarmor) may be a good purchase. Relatively cheap too.

Sinfire Titan
2010-03-10, 03:11 PM
Devote yourself to an Elder Evil, and take Willing Deformity (Madness). You are now immune to 90% of all spells that target your Will save.

lsfreak
2010-03-10, 03:28 PM
Martial Study: Moment of Perfect Mind lets you make a Concentration check instead (available at level 3). It saves you a feat versus Steadfast Determination and works against all Will saves, but takes an immediate action and is usable only once per encounter.

Vallum
2010-03-11, 12:02 AM
Oh wow, Endurance doesn't suck in Pathfinder....

Endurance

You are not easily tired from harsh conditions or long exertions.
Benefit: You gain a +4 bonus on the following checks and saves: Swim checks made to resist nonlethal damage from exhaustion, Constitution checks made to continue running, Constitution checks made to avoid nonlethal damage from a forced march, Constitution checks made to hold your breath, Constitution checks made to avoid nonlethal damage from starvation or thirst, Fortitude saves made to avoid nonlethal damage from hot or cold environments, and Fortitude saves made to resist damage from suffocation. Also, you may sleep in light or medium armor without becoming fatigued.
Normal: A character without this feat who sleeps in medium or heavier armor is automatically fatigued the next day

So, it looks like I'm going Steadfast Determination, thanks G.I.T.P.!

tyckspoon
2010-03-11, 12:11 AM
Oh wow, Endurance doesn't suck in Pathfinder....

So, it looks like I'm going Steadfast Determination, thanks G.I.T.P.!

If that's all it takes for Endurance to not suck for you, it doesn't suck in 3.5 either. Endurance wasn't changed at all for Pathfinder. It's still considered a weak feat.

Talbot
2010-03-11, 12:31 AM
Keen Intellect replaces your Wis with Int for Will saves, as well as four skills (I believe Gather Info, Spot, Heal, and Survival, but I might be wrong on one of those).

Superglucose
2010-03-11, 12:48 AM
MindBlank will help with a lot of it when you get to high levels. Just have the Wizard cast it on you ever morning. Other than that... target enemy casters first.

Gnaritas
2010-03-11, 06:04 AM
Martial Study: Moment of Perfect Mind lets you make a Concentration check instead (available at level 3). It saves you a feat versus Steadfast Determination and works against all Will saves, but takes an immediate action and is usable only once per encounter.

Or a ring instead of a feat for 3K i believe.

RebelRogue
2010-03-11, 09:24 AM
If that's all it takes for Endurance to not suck for you, it doesn't suck in 3.5 either. Endurance wasn't changed at all for Pathfinder. It's still considered a weak feat.
Exactly. No change there. But yes, the bolded quality actually makes it a somewhat useful Feat to barbarians. Unfortunately, they don't get a lot of those and there's way better options around.