PDA

View Full Version : Barbarian Fix

Corporate M
2010-03-10, 04:56 PM
I didn't really want to make a new topic so soon seeing as my soulknife was just made earlier. I'm trying to attend a game, and before I run by irl my soulknife/barbarian, I'm running them by you guys. I swear the barbarian is much more scaled and does not rely on random. But it is strictly an improvement of the old 3.5 barbarian.

Rage:
The barbarian no longer gains greater rage or mighty rage. Instead, his rage comes in five types that the barbarian can choose from. These rages can last for a number of rounds equal to half your barbarian level (rounded down)+constitution modifier. You can however, end your rage prematurely.

You gain a number of rages equal to your barbarian level. (And ofcourse, can gain more with feats) This is do to the large costs of the new rages.

Another aspect of the rages is that each rage comes with it's own unique DC called rage pool. Imagine mustering up the emotion and passion to perform these rages. Each rage requires you roll a d20 once you activate your rage, and if you fail, you expend more rages then you originally intended. Each rage costs one rage per day unless you fail your rage pool.

Slasher Rage: (Rage Pool: 7 No. of Rages: 2)
The barbarian gains +1 to all melee attack/damage rolls per barbarian level.

Precise Rage: (Rage Pool: 7 No. of Rages: 3)
The barbarian gains +1 to all ranged attack/damage rolls per barbarian level.

Unstoppbable Rage: (Rage Pool: 15 No. of Rages: 4)
You add your barbarian level to your damage reduction.

Enduring Rage: (Rage Pool: 10 No. of Rages: 4)
You gain temporary HP equal to your barbarian level x con modifier. (So level 20 barbarian and +4 con=80 temporary HP)

Tribal Rage: (Rage Pool: 6 No. of Rages: 4)
Your allies gain a bonus to attack, damage rolls, saving throws, and AC equal to your constitution modifier+/4 barbarian levels.

Damage Reduction:
Damage Reduction applies to all forms of damage now.

Tireless Rage:
You no longer have to make the rage pool check.