PDA

View Full Version : NeverEnding Dungeon - Ikeren

Angelic_Dawn
2010-03-10, 07:00 PM
The air surrounding you fairly hums with the residue of magic, an aftereffect of the spell that brought you to this place. A quick glance reveals that you are in a small room, devoid of any life save for yourself. The sound of dripping water can be heard faintly, and the stone walls are slick with moisture. In complete defiance of logic, a torch is already lit, resting in a sconce near the room's single door.

Map:{table]|A_|B_|C_
1|||
2||D|
3|||
4|||[/table]

There is a door at C-4, south side.

DM notes:Sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=191379)

Ikeren
2010-03-10, 09:00 PM
Ikeren draws his greatsword, and then goes into an aggressive stance. He takes a moment to make sure all the gods blessings were transferred intact, and the walks up to the door, and opens it, not even bothing with the 10 foot pole. He's not cautious, yet. This is going to be fun. he says to himself, as he opens the door into the next room.

My OOC will go into spoiler tags, since I can't find a fieldset tag.

Swift Action: Enter punishing stance. Staying in punishing stance.
No action: Making sure the persistent effects haven't been dispelled.

Thanks for the char sheet comment, btw. I try.

And how do the dice tags work? Is it 1d20+7 3d6+4 40d33+11

Preview gives me a sense that won't work. How about (dice)1d20+7(/dice)

Can't find it in the FAQ or the PBP section stickies, so I guess I'll wait for you to enlighten me.

Thanks again

Angelic_Dawn
2010-03-11, 05:38 AM
Ikeren draws his greatsword, and then goes into an aggressive stance. He takes a moment to make sure all the gods blessings were transferred intact, and the walks up to the door, and opens it, not even bothing with the 10 foot pole. He's not cautious, yet. This is going to be fun. he says to himself, as he opens the door into the next room.

Q&A.
1:As far as i know there isnt any fieldset tags, either that or i havent found them yet either.

2:All your spells are present and accounted for... for now..

3: If dice tags dont work
try 1d20+7 3d6+4 40d33+11

Preview gives me a sense that won't work.
^
and if it still doesnt work, this would be why it doesnt, You cant previeuw a dice roll,
(as for some reason they/it consider(s) it cheating)

So dont previeuw your dice roll posts and it'll work.
Like this..
[roll0] [roll1] [roll2]

And we'll just try and keep each other enlightend then,
As i dont know everything either yet. :smallsmile:

No other room, there are hallways tho.

The door slides open easily, revealing an unlit hall running to the south and east. To the east, it runs beyond the range of any light. After ten feet, it splits to the north and South.

To the south, it also runs beyond the range of light.

term1nally s1ck
2010-03-11, 06:25 AM
Angelic Dawn:

He has no light source, and neither do the corridors.

Angelic_Dawn
2010-03-11, 06:28 AM
S1ck.

Lol, was just fixing that as you posted.

Darn ninja.

Ikeren
2010-03-11, 01:34 PM
Ikeren shrugs, and pulls the torch out of the wall sconce near the room's single door. Hope there is another of these in here at a reasonable distance, say, 55 minutes away... Ikeren heads east to the split in the halway north and south, and then north.

OOC:

I was using [dice] and not [roll], which would be why.

[roll0] [roll1]

Thanks for the patience in explaining it to me :smallsmile:

Edit: Forgot to close the spoiler tags, but yes, I know better than to edit a post with rolls that matter in it.

Angelic_Dawn
2010-03-11, 01:56 PM
at the east split, the hall way runs..
South for 20ft before turning west, at 15ft there is a door on the east wall.

To the East the hall way runs even further still, till beyond the range of your stolen torch, 20ft down the hallway there is a door on the north side.

(And to the west where you just came from)

------

To the north, The direction you chose to head there is...
as you head 20ft north you turn and go east for 10ft and again turning north for another 10ft at the end, which leads you to another split, heading East and west (And back south where you just came from).

To the west of that split you see that the hallway goes on for 30ft before turning north,
20ft down it is also a split to the north side.

To the east the hallway goes beyond your torch light's range,
after 30ft there is a door on the south wall,
and after 20ft it splits off to the north.

Ikeren
2010-03-11, 02:34 PM
Ikeren heads down the hallway east 30 feet to the door on the south wall. Hoping that there is a torch in this room, glances around for a wall sconce. If he finds one, he'll put his torch in it. If not, he'll set it down.
Either way, he'll place both hands on his greatsword, and attempt to open the door.

OOC:

I am so mapping this when I get home

Angelic_Dawn
2010-03-11, 04:19 PM
as you head down the hallway 10ft to the east
the floor under you crumbles and your about to fall into a big pit.

Reflex save if you will.

Ikeren
2010-03-11, 04:38 PM
Reflex save
[roll0]

Ikeren
2010-03-11, 04:44 PM
If I fall in (which I'm guessing yes), tumble check DC 15 to negate the first 10 feet of falling damage
[roll0]

If I don't fall in...whooo! Miracle!

Angelic_Dawn
2010-03-11, 05:04 PM
your missing a "]" :smalltongue:

But yes, it might not come as a suprise, but you fall in,

Luckely for you those years of ballet, err... martial arts training, paid off and you only take [roll0].

Ikeren
2010-03-11, 05:15 PM
Ikeren examines the pit (spikes, other corpses, dropped weapons, compartments). Assuming he finds nothing, Ikeren spends a minute removing his armor. Assuming nothing disturbs him in that minute (like monsters coming to dump acid on him for lunch, that sort of thing), he then tries to climb out of the pit.

I know, but I don't edit posts with dice rolls until I know the DM's seen them, even if I do forget a bracket :smallbiggrin:

Climb notes:
Fail DC by 4 or less, no progress.
Make DC, move 5 feet
Fail DC by 5 or more, fall and take standard damage.
Climbing is a move action.
ACP for a medium load is -3. My armor is -4. So I take off my armor, which takes 1 minute (and I heal the 2 damage). Climb modifier is now 0 instead of -1.
I then climb a corner where I can brace against perpendicular walls (reduces DC by 5).

Search check
[roll0]
1st 5 foot climb check
[roll1]

(assuming everything goes well, my next post is going to include 10 or so blank unmodified D20's to try to climb out, since DC 10 means I fall, my odds of rolling above 10 4 times in a row are pretty low), unless you'd prefer to do it differently, of course.

Angelic_Dawn
2010-03-11, 05:21 PM
You find nothing,
and nothing seems to be comming to dump treasure on you... or acid for that matter..

At least for now..

Ah how fair and honest of you, great method.

Yup very easy DC: im sure you'll do fine.
Unless you throw a 1, as a 1 always fails :smallsigh:

Ikeren
2010-03-11, 05:33 PM
Ikeren takes a while to climb out of the pit, using the corner to brace himself against the perpendicular wall. When [if] he gets out of the pit, he takes 4 minutes to put his armor back on.

[roll0]

Ikeren
2010-03-11, 05:35 PM
Every time Ikeren falls, he waits 30 seconds, catching his breath, nursing his wounds, before trying to climb again.

Your dice roller does not work the way I expected it to. In order, top to bottom, first 4 successes.

1d20
1d20
1d20
1d20
1d20
1d20
1d20
1d20
1d20
1d20
1d20
1d20
1d20
1d20
1d20
1d20
1d20
1d20
1d20
1d20
1d20
1d20

Ikeren
2010-03-11, 05:36 PM
Heh, whooops. Got it right this time, I promise :smallwink:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]
[roll18]
[roll19]

Angelic_Dawn
2010-03-11, 05:43 PM
Yup after a initial snag, you get out easely, No further dmg involved, Nicely done.

So which side are you on?
And whats your next move? :smallsmile:

Ikeren
2010-03-11, 05:46 PM
Ikeren exits on the far east side, then spends four minutes putting his armor back on before continuing to head towards the door on the south wall. This time, he pokes the square 5 foot in front of him with his greatsword as he goes.

When [if] he gets to the door, he opens it.

Angelic_Dawn
2010-03-11, 05:53 PM
Opening the door reveals the following room:
{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_
1|||||
2|||||
3||L|||
4|||||
5|||||[/table]
There are doors at A5 south and E1 north (your outside this one).
In the room there is an ugly looking, blue scaled, lizard thing with fire in it's mouth!

Roll initiative if you will.
Initiative: [roll0]

Ikeren
2010-03-11, 05:56 PM
Initiative
[roll0]

Angelic_Dawn
2010-03-11, 06:19 PM
It wanders to #E3. And breathes a short oddly sticky Jet of fire over you. You take [roll0], reflex save vs half, and are [roll1] rounds.

Ikeren
2010-03-11, 06:25 PM
If the creature is not holding a weapon:
Ikeren double moves ten feet towards the creature, provoking an attack of opportunity from the creatures claws.

If the creature is holding a weapon:
Ikeren takes a move action 5 feet and draws his dagger as a free action as part of the move action. Then he throws the dagger (keeping hold of the greatsword in my other hand).

Reflex save
[roll0]
Attack roll, if the creature is holding a weapon
[roll1]
Damage roll
[roll2]

Angelic_Dawn
2010-03-11, 06:35 PM
as its not holding a weapon you swing your Sword at it, but beeing covered in sticky flaming goo, you miss.

(you make your Reflex tho, Taking only fire 1 Dmg, Your hp=12)
(and it opts to not take its presented AoO chance)

you take [roll0] ongoing fire damage from the entangling substance.

It (5ft) steps back, and breathes again, [roll1]
again reflex save vs half, and are [roll2] rounds

Ikeren
2010-03-11, 06:42 PM
Ikeren steps forward and makes a concentrated attack

I think you misunderstand. My base movement speed is 15 feet.
15/2 rounded down = 5 feet.
If he has no weapon, I move to him, but do not even get to attack, because as a full round action, I can double move. But I can't charge for being entangled.

So, round 1 HP: 1 damage, 14 hp remaining, and all I do is walk towards it.
Round 2: I heal 1 point, 15 damage, take 6 ongoing damage (9 hp remaining). +3, reflex DC half.
I attack, activating steely strike for +4 to attack.

Attack and damage
[roll0]
[roll1]

It’s turn, start of round 3

Ikeren
2010-03-11, 06:43 PM
I'm not even allowed to preview post apparently
[roll0]
[roll1]

Ikeren
2010-03-11, 06:45 PM
Oh; another good piece of information. You can only make a post every 60 seconds. And if you try to do so too quickly, that will also destroy your rolls.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Ikeren
2010-03-11, 06:47 PM
Oh, and the reflex ave
[roll0]

Angelic_Dawn
2010-03-11, 06:50 PM
You hit it, Slaughter it, Cleave it clean in half, Its very very Dead.
Edit: and obviously fail the reflex :smallwink:

But still take ongoing fire damage from the entangling substance for three rounds.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

If you survive...

*Ding 150xp*

Ikeren
2010-03-11, 06:56 PM
Ikeren stands, entagled over the corpse. He cautiously puts his sword away and then lies down, knowing the fiery magic will likely overtake him. He falls unconscious, and then, a few moments later, regains consciousness. The divine magic powering him quickly gets him back up again, as he shuts the door, then sits, meditating, praying over the creatures corpse, giving it it's last rites, blade in hand.

Once all that is done, Ikeren searches the corpse, and glances around the room, looking for torches in wall sconces, noting that he's likely to need more than the one he is currently carrying (which has been burning 7 or 8 minutes at the moment).

Round 1 after dragonfire adepts' death: 7 hp, -3 = 4
Round 2 after dragonfire adepts' death: 4 hp, +1, -6 = -1
Round 3 after dragonfire adepts' death: 0 hp, -2, = -2

12 seconds later, I'm conscious.
6 seconds later, I go over to the door and shut it
Then I meditate for 14 rounds (84 seconds.)

Take 20 on the corpse search for a 22. I'll search all the rooms later once I've cleared the dungeon and am certain that it's safe to check for secret rooms/compartments.

Also, you forgot to give me exp for overcoming the pit trap encounter.

Angelic_Dawn
2010-03-11, 07:07 PM
you find a Chainmail,

Also, you forgot to give me exp for overcoming the pit trap encounter.

Nu-uh, says here (in the notes i was given,) that the traps are worth no Xp.

So where to now intrepid explorer?. :smallsmile:

Ikeren
2010-03-11, 07:10 PM
Ikeren takes the chainmail and puts it on. He'll throw the scalemail folded up in the bottom of his backpack, going to heavy load.

Then he heads out the door he came in, north, and moves east down the halway some more, again, tapping the square in front of him with his greatsword as he goes.

Traps are worth no exp? That's an incredible...difference from DMG rules...
My speed is already slower than heavy load, so the only thing is -6 ACP. But I can just drop the backpack when I need to make associated checks, so...

Angelic_Dawn
2010-03-11, 07:19 PM
When you step out of the room, the hallway to the east, Goes east for another 20ft, before turning south, also at that 20ft mark there is a door on the north side.

Traps are worth no exp? That's an incredible...difference from DMG rules...

Oi, i didnt think it up, i just have been given dungeon notes,
and am trying to run what Tanaric originaly created.
With some extra rules he tought up, to make it more difficult,
Another example beeing

"Doors open right away with no delay, so you can't use a standard action while they open."

"so as soon as the door is opened, you roll initiative, and then combat starts. There's no way to ready actions unless you can get something or someone else to open the door, and have your readied action pre-loaded."

So far i can see it was more or less designed to be overly Challanging,
even trying to kill those chars with near unlimited Hp (like yours, (and mine)

Ikeren
2010-03-11, 07:29 PM
Ikeren holds his greatsword ready and opens the door.

That's interesting. A cool community project.

Angelic_Dawn
2010-03-11, 07:36 PM
{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_
1||||
2||C|C|
3||C|C|
4||C|C|
5||||[/table]
The room contains a large chest with a note attached to it’s latch.
There are doors at C5, D2 and D1 north.
Your outside of C5.

That's interesting. A cool community project.

*nods*

Its almost piramid scheme like,
If you succeed in surviving the dungeon we'll hand you some notes,
And your supposed to run those a level behind you.
(so when you reach lvl2, so your dming some lvl 1'rs, to train a replacement etc.)
Well you dont have to its not like we can make you,
But it is appriciated, overall its a cool concept.

Ikeren
2010-03-11, 07:38 PM
Ikeren doesn't need any intelligence to guess that this is a trap, so he'll cautiously use his 10 foot pole to push the top of the chest open, keeping his greatsword ready in his other hand.

Angelic_Dawn
2010-03-11, 07:52 PM
As you poke the chest, completly paranoid from a distance, it jumps up and eats your face and your dead.

Naah's not really.

you open it,
as far as you can tell from this distance there is something small and shiny in it, it kinda looks like a coin.

Ikeren
2010-03-11, 07:55 PM
Ikeren is tempted to just sprint away in fear, but decides against it.

Instead he steps beside the chest, and looks at the coin, being very, very, very careful not to read the note. He uses his 10 foot pole to bat the coin in the bottom of the chest around a little, while carefully looking around the room, his greatsword in his other hand.

I have money on explosive runes.

Angelic_Dawn
2010-03-11, 08:02 PM
As you look at and play with the coin with your 10ft pole,
you think it really does look a lot like a simple platinum coin..

But is it.. *Dum dum dum DUM!*

To be continued, Im gonna go take a nap.

I have money on explosive runes.
You really play a lot like i did, (completly paranoid,) might be why i made it..

Ikeren
2010-03-11, 08:05 PM
Ikeren puts daggers on the edge of chest, to prevent it from slamming shut on his hands. Then he tries to grab the platinum coin.

Angelic_Dawn
2010-03-12, 06:47 AM
As you stick your daggers on the chest, nothing special happens,
And you grab the coin,

Congratulations you got a shiny coin...

or is it..

term1nally s1ck
2010-03-12, 07:48 AM
Traps in this dungeon are a punishment for being stupid, not a reward for common sense. An encounter that can be defeated by having a 10' pole is not worth 150XP.

Ikeren
2010-03-12, 11:43 AM
Ikeren casts detect magic on the coin, and checks the note as well.

If the note doesn't radiate magic, he'll read it.

Terminally, do you watch every NED thread? That's insane.
I guess that also precludes incredibly devious and brilliant traps, right? So this chest is not going to animate once I put my hand in.

Angelic_Dawn
2010-03-12, 03:54 PM
I suppose the Chest would radiate some faint magic,
But both the coin and note at least seem to be mundane.

The note says:
“Greater rewards await the patient man, but only a fool waits forever.”

@ Everyone.

Terminally, do you watch every NED thread? That's insane.
I guess that also precludes incredibly devious and brilliant traps, right? So this chest is not going to animate once I put my hand in.

Naahs Terminal is only on floor two like me as well, (i think)
So can only check other floor one threads.

but he's my mentor, as he ran me through dungeon lvl 1.
So i suppose he's just chekking up on how much im fumbling around when trying to run this dungeon.

Ps: i believe Currently Sliver is in charge of the NED, tho im not sure.

Ikeren
2010-03-12, 03:58 PM
Ikeren meditates for say, 5 minutes, checking the chest every 30 seconds. If nothing happens, he heads out the door at D1 North, greatsword in one hand, torch in the other, tapping doors/5 foot squares as he goes, with intentions of coming to check the chest every once in a while.

Cool, good stuff.

term1nally s1ck
2010-03-12, 04:32 PM
Only the ones I'm allowed to..can't look at the Floor 2+ threads.

And as for the nasty nasty traps...maybe. Or maybe they're a special case, and do give XP. Or maybe I'm messing witth your head. Actually, I'm definitely messing with your head. But which way...

Angelic_Dawn
2010-03-12, 04:42 PM
Your about to step out of the door when you notice a Big red and white bullseye painted on the square/floor before you.

Still wanna step outside the room?

@Everyone

Step on it, you might get Xp :smallwink:.

Ikeren
2010-03-12, 04:47 PM
So that's a no on coins reappearing? Tragic. Is it a silver or platinum coin?

Ikeren pushes hard (strength + a bit of body weight, say) on the bullseye with the tip of his greatsword. He considers the 10 foot pull, but decides he wants his sword ready.

Angelic_Dawn
2010-03-12, 04:51 PM
So that's a no on coins reappearing? Tragic. Is it a silver or platinum coin?
Dunno, dont think i said anything about any cursed/magic coins out of thin air or not,
The one you got looks platinum tho.

You poke and prod the bullseye,
It animates and eats you alive

nothing seems to happen.

Ikeren
2010-03-12, 04:56 PM
Ikeren mutters "That which does not kill me makes me stronger." and casts guidance before stepping onto the bulls eye.

Angelic_Dawn
2010-03-12, 05:08 PM
You step bravely on the bullseye, again nothing seems to happen.

If you want look around while beeing eaten alive by a bullseye
If your bored with it and want to look around..
You can see the hallway around you,

To the East it goes for 5ft before turning south.
To the West if goes 25ft before splitting north and south.

Ikeren
2010-03-12, 05:14 PM
Ikeren will go west to the split and the head north, prodding the ground with his greatsword as he goes.

Angelic_Dawn
2010-03-12, 05:19 PM
At the split if you look:
South you see it goes south for 20ft before turning West, at the turn
a large red note card's hanging from the wall.

But you wanted to head north so..
To the north it goes 10ft before splitting East and West.

At that split,
To the East it goes 20ft before turning north.
To the West it also goes 20ft before turning north.

Ikeren
2010-03-12, 06:25 PM
Ikeren backtracks to read the card, and, gets to the card, and reads it.

Angelic_Dawn
2010-03-12, 06:29 PM
it says:
Minor [roll0] Force Dmg.

Ikeren
2010-03-12, 06:31 PM
Ikeren laughs, and moves north again, making sure it takes him 36 seconds. [6 rounds for lesser vigor]

When he gets to the branch east/west, he'll go east, and then north.

My map thus far:
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/7131/nedmapfloor1.jpg

I think I may have screwed it up slightly though.

It's like, I get to this branch, it goes east and west 20 feet; does that include the 5 foot square I'm in, or not?
And, I get to this corner, it turns north. Turns north from the 5 foot square I'm in, or the next 5 foor square?

Angelic_Dawn
2010-03-13, 06:34 PM
The hall leads beyond your torch light,
after 25ft there is a door on the West side.

Wanna continue north, open the door, or go somewhere else entirely?

I could make you a quick map tomorow evening/night, if it'd help :smallsmile:

Ikeren
2010-03-13, 07:44 PM
I'm having fun with mine. My character has 0 ranks in Craft Map. I do IRL as well. So it's working perfectly.

Ikeren goes to the north door, and pushes it open with his great sword.

Angelic_Dawn
2010-03-14, 04:44 AM
{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_
1|||||
2|||||
3|||||
4|||1||
5|||||
6|||||[/table]
There is a door at A-6 west, another at A-1 North, and another at E-3, which you are just outside of.
You see a nearly 7' tall, horned hobgoblin-esque creature, wearing studded leather, and wielding a scimitar.
Roll initiative if you will.
Initiative:[roll0]

Ikeren
2010-03-14, 01:52 PM
Ikeren spots the creature.

Initiative:
[roll0]

Ikeren
2010-03-14, 01:55 PM
You go first, as I expected.

Angelic_Dawn
2010-03-14, 04:42 PM
It moves towards you
And attempts to slash you to bits with its Scimitar

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

And as quick as lightning it retreats to a dark corner (To #A6)(provoking NO AoO)

Map included again for my/your convenience as its on the previous page :smallwink:

{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_
1|||||
2|||||
3|||||
4|||||
5|||||
6|1||||[/table]
Your to the Right of #E3.

Ikeren
2010-03-14, 04:47 PM
Ikeren moves action to C-3, and readies an action to hit the creature with a Steely Strike if it pounces in again.

Too far away to charge with my crummy move speed.

Ikeren takes 3 damage: 12/15.

Edit: Oh yeah, and how I am on the door at E3 if this was supposed to be north of me?

Edit: Nevermind. I said "Open the north door" when you said "halway continues north." My bad for poor wording. I don't mind killing this guy; no big deal.

Angelic_Dawn
2010-03-14, 05:01 PM
When your done edditing, and finaly settled on your action so i can go and decide what the critter is gonna do, gimme a yell :smallwink:

Edit: sneaky ninja's ook we'll keep it in there then i suppose.

Edited back in for continueity´s sake.

beeing a lot faster, It circles around you (First to #D6)

Before lunging at you again (To #D5)

And Dealt 4 Dmg.

And then Circles around you some more, before quickly moving out of the room.
(and out of your line of sight)(Again it provokes NO AoO)

Onwards to the future its in the hallways

Ikeren
2010-03-14, 05:02 PM
Hah, sorry. I actually decided.

We can put in a "No editing combat actions" rule, if you like?

Angelic_Dawn
2010-03-14, 05:03 PM
Ok we'll suppose we're done fumbling up posts, lets carry on its on the hallways :smalltongue:

Hp was 9 :smallsmile:

Ikeren
2010-03-14, 05:05 PM
So after round 2, it exited towards the halways where I was? That is...annoying.

Ikeren searches this room briefly [for thirty seconds, watching for the creature as he glances around, especially checking the walls for torches], before returning to the halway he came from and heading north, glancing over his shoulder every 6 seconds.

Angelic_Dawn
2010-03-14, 05:08 PM
No ready actions or stuff?

ill give you some time to edit this time :smallsmile:

Seems we're online both at exactly the same moment :smallwink:

Ikeren
2010-03-14, 05:10 PM
Ikeren searches as a move action, for the first 6 rounds, readying an action to steely strike anything that moves into the room/near me.

After that, he glances around the room again, and heads into the halway.

You can't really ready actions outside of initiative order, so once I'm full HP, it's done.

Angelic_Dawn
2010-03-14, 05:11 PM
Well combat is still going,
And its your move.

But You just cant see where it is for now.

Ikeren
2010-03-14, 05:13 PM
Ikeren stands, ready to fight, letting his wounds heal. He'll still look around the room as a free action (while watching for the creature) for: Torches, alters, treasures, symbols, other creatures, etc.

6 rounds of Ready Action: Steel Strike, and fast healing 1.
Interrupting that, of course, if anything comes in the room.

Angelic_Dawn
2010-03-14, 05:16 PM
Creature did not quite expect that

as it lunged in next round to try its prefered attack method.

You can whack it. :smallsmile:

(Then it'll continue its turn)

Ikeren
2010-03-14, 05:17 PM
Ikeren snarls out a "Yer damned annoying. Running around like that."

Come on, dice.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Angelic_Dawn
2010-03-14, 05:18 PM
Miss,

And it attempts to slash you again before once more retreating around the corner.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Angelic_Dawn
2010-03-14, 05:19 PM
OOC Banter

This dungeon really tries to exploit your weaknesses what ever they may be.

Including slow movement :smallwink:

Ikeren
2010-03-14, 05:20 PM
Ikeren readies a stones bones strike this time, and waits for the creature to return, since it seems inclined to.

Miss
Hp now 11/15.

Angelic_Dawn
2010-03-14, 05:23 PM
Completly comform expectations it returns

Aghast to find you've once more expected it to.
But not to impressed seeing your last preformance.

Feel free to attemp to whack it.

Ikeren
2010-03-14, 05:24 PM
Ikeren makes a stone bones strike, hoping to hit the creature. Otherwise, this could take a while. A long, long while.

[spoiler]
Better dice this time.
[roll0]
[roll1]
If it hits, gain DR/5Adamanite for 1 round
[spoiler]

Angelic_Dawn
2010-03-14, 05:26 PM
No dice.. Well at least not better ones :smallwink:

Whack!

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

And it retreats as its inclined to do.

Edit: Seems my dice need replacing as well :smalltongue:

Ikeren
2010-03-14, 05:27 PM
The creature again narrowly misses Ikeren. As a swift action, Ikeren flourishes. As a standard action, Ikeren readies a standard attack.

The Flourish is to regain manouvers.
Attack, damage (premptively)
[roll0]
[roll1]

HP is now 12/15.

Angelic_Dawn
2010-03-14, 05:38 PM
You cannot flourish and ready an attack action afaik,
as in order to flourish you have to make an attack as a standard action, in the same, aka your, round.
(not its round)

Ikeren
2010-03-14, 05:41 PM
Uh, drop the flourish then and I'll fight the rest of the combat without manouvers?

Angelic_Dawn
2010-03-14, 05:43 PM
Thats more or less what it'll come down to :smallbiggrin:

well it runs in Boring as ever.

And you smack it silly.

Its still alive tho. (tho looks gravely injured.)

And whacks you back.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Before fleeing the scene.

Ikeren
2010-03-14, 05:45 PM
Ikeren drops out of his punishing stance as a swift action, and as a standard action, readies an attack against the creature when it returns.

HP is now 10/15
AC is now 15 instead of 13.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Angelic_Dawn
2010-03-14, 05:50 PM
Oddly enough nothing happens.

Your move.

Ikeren
2010-03-14, 05:52 PM
Ikeren holds for another 5 rounds, readying the attack action each round.

HP 11/15

And, attack rolls if it comes back
[roll0]
[roll1]

Angelic_Dawn
2010-03-14, 05:55 PM
It runs back in looking quite refreshed.

You whack it on the nose,

But it attacks regardless.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

And once more retreats.

Ikeren
2010-03-14, 05:58 PM
Ikeren regains his Punishing stance, and readies an action to attack the hideously annoying creature.

1 round later?
If 1 round later:
HP: 6/15

Attack and damage
[roll0]
[roll1]

Angelic_Dawn
2010-03-14, 06:02 PM
Yes one round later.

Its having so much fun beeing anoying it returns.

You miss.

It does to.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

And off it goes.

Ikeren
2010-03-14, 06:03 PM
Ikeren readies an action to hit the creature when it returns, becoming moderately frustrated.

HP: 7/15
[roll0]
[roll1]

Angelic_Dawn
2010-03-14, 06:05 PM
Beeing anoying as hell and not showing any slowing down beeing it either
it once more returns

You miss it,

It does not.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

And it retreats.

Ikeren
2010-03-14, 06:07 PM
Ikeren is getting moderately worried, but he doesn't have any better ideas, so he continues to fight, hoping to get in a lucky shot.

HP: 1/15
[roll0]
[roll1]

Angelic_Dawn
2010-03-14, 06:15 PM
It beeing not that bright and never having learned when to quit While he was ahead.

Runs in and gets himself skewered on a big Greatsword.

*Ding 150xp*

Ikeren
2010-03-14, 06:18 PM
Ikeren searches the corpse briefly, and glances around the room for any sort of treasure, coins, anything interesting.

He'll stay in the room for a full 14 rounds (1 minute, 24 seconds).

Angelic_Dawn
2010-03-14, 06:26 PM
Alrighty so your at 15mins or so +/-

Hope you brought another source of light,
As i dont think you'll make it with this one at this speed.

Anyways
So only a brief search?
Alrighty well that earns you exactly everything plain sight

So that'd be... hm.. Mw Studded leather and a Mw Scimitar.

Where to o intrepid adventurer?

Ikeren
2010-03-14, 06:30 PM
Ikeren leaves the room and heads north up the halway he came through.

I'll make long (take 20) searches once I've cleared the floor and am certain that most (all) monsters are dead.

Are there no torches on any other wall?

Angelic_Dawn
2010-03-14, 06:37 PM
as you head north after 15ft you get sprayed with acid

[roll0] Vs Flat footed Touch Ac.
[roll1]

You laugh, but realize every point of dmg, might be time ticking away,
From you limited ammount of torch light.
Especialy considering you havent seen a torch since..

After 25ft it turns West. (or 10ft after the Acid Trap if you prefer)

As you look to the west,
It heads for 30ft before turning north,
After 20ft there is a split to the north and south.

Ikeren
2010-03-14, 06:40 PM
Ikeren has a plan for when this torch runs out, so he is not overly worried.

He'll take the split to the north.

Angelic_Dawn
2010-03-14, 06:44 PM
As you wander in the direction of the split your the floor crumbles at the poking pressure of your sword right before the split.

(its 5ft wide)

Any plans to get across it or wanna go somewhere else?

Ikeren
2010-03-14, 06:46 PM
Ikeren attempts to make a running jump across the 5 foot pit.

[roll0]

Angelic_Dawn
2010-03-14, 06:49 PM
Well done, And lucky for you there is no second pit after the first.
(That'd been funny)

Ok as you prepare to wander north some more, once more a tile crumbles under the pressure.

So wanna try wander somewhere else and go see if your closed in with pits? :smallwink:
Or making a standing jump?

or something else entirely?

Ikeren
2010-03-14, 06:55 PM
Ikeren clears out the pit, looking downwards, making sure there is no acid/spikes/etc. Then he climbs down one side, and then gets in the corner to climb up the other side.

Climb is at -3.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

Ikeren
2010-03-14, 07:16 PM
I think I have map troubles in the northern segment:
http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/3079/nedfloormapattempt2.jpg

Pwhahaha.

Angelic_Dawn
2010-03-15, 06:43 AM
You sure you dont want me to make you a quick map? :smallwink:

Ikeren
2010-03-15, 12:24 PM
Ikeren attempts to climb out of the pit some more, switching to a different corner, you know, just in case.

Very sure, re map.

I'll also assume that those climb checks involved me clumbsily dropping into the pit (taking damage?) and then failing to climb for several rounds.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

Angelic_Dawn
2010-03-15, 12:34 PM
more or less, but ah not like you care, your immortal.

In the mean time while your fumblin around ill make you a map.

In the end you climb out.

Your Map.

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae256/Angelic_Dawn/Ikarenexploration.jpg

So you wherent even that far off in making your own it seems :smallwink:

Where to? :smallsmile:

term1nally s1ck
2010-03-15, 12:47 PM
The pit is 5' wide, so you have a corner and a chimney. The climb DC is like -5.

Angelic_Dawn
2010-03-15, 12:48 PM
Yup its very easy to get out, but Shush im just anoying him for the heck of it. :smalltongue:

He's immortal anyways.
and had thrown even more rolls at it while i was away.
Some of which where even in the negatives, lol.

Ikeren
2010-03-15, 01:33 PM
Ikeren, once out of the pit, continues west, taking the first path north (the one with the south split as well)

I was close. I'll update my map in a bit.

Re: Climb Checks:
I thought chimney counted only for things smaller than a 5 foot square. If I stand and stretch my arms, my reach is something like 4.6 feet, and I'm reasonably tall. Or is this one of those DNDisms?

Angelic_Dawn
2010-03-15, 01:51 PM
After 10ft it turns east, and heads east for 30ft, turning north at the end,
at 20ft there is a split north.

Or is this one of those DNDisms?

looks like a DNDism.

Ikeren
2010-03-15, 02:01 PM
Ikeren will take the first split north again, tapping the ground with greatsword as he goes, looking for those pesky pits.

Angelic_Dawn
2010-03-15, 04:43 PM
as you look north at the first split its 30ft long at the end it T's East and west,
10ft down the hallway There is a door on the west side.

Ikeren
2010-03-15, 04:57 PM
Ikeren goes to the door on the west side, taps it with his greatsword, and then opens it.

Initiative
[roll0]

Angelic_Dawn
2010-03-15, 05:00 PM
{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_
1|||||
2|||||
3||||| [/table]
There are doors at A3 west and E3 east.
A string of 4 notes hangs in the center of the room.

*No initiative* & *No combat music Gets cueued*
Sorry to waste your good roll :smallsmile:

Ikeren
2010-03-15, 05:01 PM
Ikeren goes to the notes and reads them.

Angelic_Dawn
2010-03-15, 05:03 PM
The first note reads..

“Fools rush in where angels dare not tread”

Wanna read them all regardless of what happens or might happen
or take them one by one?

Ikeren
2010-03-15, 05:12 PM
Ikeren reads them one by one. Any note that deals damage, he waits for the wounds to heal before going to the next.

Angelic_Dawn
2010-03-15, 05:31 PM
“The follies of youth are best left
behind”

“See reverse side for care instructions” and on the reverse side
“There is a reward in this room. The next note says where.

and lastly

“KABOOM!” [roll0]

also the ceiling comes down,

Make a Reflex if you will.

Ikeren
2010-03-15, 05:43 PM
Ikeren tries to dodge falling rubble but stays in the room.

Ref save:
[roll0]

Angelic_Dawn
2010-03-16, 06:25 PM
you succesfully dodge falling Bricks, a stuffed sack, and other debree.

Ikeren
2010-03-16, 07:24 PM
Ikeren goes up to the stuffed sack and opens it, looking in.

Angelic_Dawn
2010-03-16, 07:29 PM
There seems to be a lot of Hay in it

Ikeren
2010-03-16, 07:37 PM
If the sack is of reasonable size and weight, Ikeren will place it in his backpack and deal with it later.

If the sack is too large or bulky to be easily carried, Ikeren will go to the hall where the floor is clear of rubble and carefully empty the sack, sifting through it.

Angelic_Dawn
2010-03-17, 01:40 PM
its not that big and defintly not that heavy.

its about backpack size. and i'd say about 4lb or so.

Ikeren
2010-03-17, 02:27 PM
Ikeren puts it in his pack to investigate later, then, leaves the room he came in and heads north to the east/west split, and chooses the west split again.

Angelic_Dawn
2010-03-22, 09:26 AM
You wander west for 10ft before turning North for 10ft,
before turning east for 40ft, then as you turn south.

10ft down to the south is a door on the south wall,
also after 10ft is a turn to the east.

Ikeren
2010-03-22, 01:27 PM
Ikeren goes to the door on the south wall and opens it.

term1nally s1ck
2010-04-10, 08:14 PM
SHAZAM

My name is Pazuzu, and I'm here to grant you one wish.

*telephone rings*

Hang on, I gotta take this..

Wait, this guy has already used his wish? And he doesn't remember? So I...can do anything I want? Awesome. See ya. Miss you too babe. Kiss kiss.

Hah, you know, the 'secretary'....

Anyway, so...I get to do what I want to do..well, I have this awesome dungeon I want to make people go through for my own entertainment...wait, you're already here...Oh well.

Hi, I'm your new DM, welcome to my world.

{table]|A_|B_|C_
1|||
2|||
3||B|
4|||
5||| [/table]
The door is at C1 North. In the centre of the room is a large red button on a pedestal, which appears to have something written on it.

Ikeren
2010-04-12, 02:02 PM
Thanks for the pick-me-up. And nice PSA reference.

Ikeren walks into the room, cautiously, tapping the floor and walls with his greatsword as he goes. Assuming nothing happens, he walks up to read the piece of paper.

term1nally s1ck
2010-04-12, 02:24 PM
The words are written directly on the button. They read: PUSH ME.

Ikeren
2010-04-13, 02:51 PM
Ikeren shrugs, thinking that the last few notes have told the truth and been mostly reasonable. He pushes the button.

term1nally s1ck
2010-04-13, 05:36 PM

The floor falls out from under you.

[roll0] falling damage.

There's a spider swarm in the basement.

[roll1]

Ikeren
2010-04-13, 08:33 PM
Initiative
[roll0]
Tumble to negate the last 10 feet of fall damage
[roll1]

"Whoa" Ikeren says as he falls down the pit, surprised.

term1nally s1ck
2010-04-14, 08:44 AM
You go first then.

And I'll start rolling falling damage in separate d6es, just so we know...

Ikeren
2010-04-14, 05:27 PM
Ikeren shudders at the mass of crawling spiders, then looks at his greatsword, uncertain of what he intended to do with it. He grabs the torch, hoping maybe he can catch the spiders on fire, and stands up, readying himself against the spider swarm.

Move action: Pick up torch (dropped when I fell, presumably?)
Move action: Stand

Some questions about swarms:
When using the torch as a weapon, do I still get the bonus damage from Punishing Stance? (If no, Ikeren will step out of the Punishing Stance as a swift action) What about Divine Favour? Can I use Steel Wind to hit separate sections of the swarm, or does it count as "one opponent"?

term1nally s1ck
2010-04-14, 05:38 PM
One opponent, but you get the PS benefits.

It moves onto you, [roll0] damage, and make a fort save, and then a will save on your turn.

Ikeren
2010-04-15, 06:32 PM
Fort Save: [roll0]
Will Save: [roll1]

Current HP: 9/15 (-3 from falling, +1 round, -4 damage)

Ikeren
2010-04-15, 06:39 PM
That was unexpectedly lucky.
Standard Action: Steel Wind Strike (+4 attack)
Attack, Damage, Punishing Stance damage, +1 for Divine Favour?
[roll0][roll1][roll2]

Ikeren shuddes as the spiders rush around him. He tries to catch a bunch of the spiders on fire with the torch, slamming the torch around with desperate fervor.

term1nally s1ck
2010-04-15, 10:10 PM
Incredibly, you miss.

[roll0] damage, and another fort and will save.

Ikeren
2010-04-16, 02:34 PM
Current HP: 6/15
Fort save, Will save
[roll0][roll1]

Ikeren
2010-04-16, 02:36 PM
Need that for attack rolls...
Standard action: Stone Bones Strike.
Attack, damage, Punishing Stance damage, +1 divine favour
[roll0][roll1][roll2]

Ikeren lashes out with the torch again, praying that the bugs ignite like flour spread at a perfect density in a store room.

term1nally s1ck
2010-04-16, 05:02 PM
Missing again:

[roll0] damage, fort save, will save.

Ikeren
2010-04-17, 04:32 PM
Current HP = 2
Fort save, will save
[roll0] [roll1]

Ikeren
2010-04-17, 04:33 PM
Uhm? Yea.

Ikeren continues to display spectacular hardiness, and attacks.

Fire damage, punishing stance, +1 insight from divine favour, and refreshing Steel Strike
[roll0] [roll1] [roll2]

term1nally s1ck
2010-04-17, 04:46 PM
Wow...worst place to get the bad rolls...well, second worst.

That will save would hurt.

[roll0] + fort save

will save on start of your turn.

Ikeren
2010-04-17, 05:38 PM
Unconscious and dying, I'm out.

Give me some time to modify the character and I'll try Mk.2. I'll be the same build, but with moment of perfect mind, cloistered cleric instead of cleric, trading knowledge for devotion, and using some spells to craft things for 50% price (hopefully scoring me a MW Greatsword, if I can afford the 150gp extra).