PDA

View Full Version : The little things

Setra
2010-03-11, 04:59 AM
You know, I personally have a lot of pet peeves.. I'm generally rather annoyed much of the time... However, I've also got many things I just like to enjoy.

For instance, I was rather annoyed earlier, and just sat down and ate a PB&J Sandwich, I just kind of enjoyed it and it made me feel better.

Yesterday I was watching my friends argue over something silly (They weren't actually fighting, they just have a lot of playful arguments) and that also made me feel a little happier.

What are some of the little things that make the people in gitp feel a bit better or happier?

ghost_warlock
2010-03-11, 05:31 AM
When my cat meows and yawns at the same time, makes a funny noise.

It doesn't happen very often, but sometimes I'll have a song stuck in my head and I'll turn on the radio to find it's just starting to play.

That's all I've got right now. =|

Mr White
2010-03-11, 05:42 AM
A warm summer night and having everything I have to do has been done. A glass of wine or port and just watching the stars.

Extra_Crispy
2010-03-11, 05:43 AM
Well the other day I was in a grumpy mood, you see I am trying to quite smoking and I had gone 2 days without smoking so I was a little on edge. Anyway my roommate bought these 2 very hyperactive dogs that many times get on my nerves even more. They literally tear up everything, they have even dug holes in the walls. So here I am grumpy, the dogs are up to their old tricks and my patience that was hanging on by a nail finally gave up and just left the room. So I yelled at the dogs and started stomping after one of them to get after him for something he did. He ducked down dropped his ears and played the "im too cute to have done anything wrong" card. When I backed off and sat down on the couch to try to relax he came over put his paws up to my chest and after looking at me straight in the eyes, gave me this little lick on the cheak. Now this is nothing new as the dog is a very licky dog but just the way he looked at me and then just licked once...Well that raised my mood alot.

rakkoon
2010-03-11, 05:48 AM
Not original, but the sun coming through the clouds, you can have the same day twice but if the sun shines, you can bear it better.

Emperor Ing
2010-03-11, 06:04 AM
when one car comes out of blind roads or parking lots that no-one ever uses. The worst part is it's always ONE car! :furious:

faerwain
2010-03-11, 06:34 AM
dog story

Yeah, they are really good at that. A russian colleague I had always said that one should try to have a cat and a dog, as cats would absorb negative energy while dogs would spread positive one.

One silly random thing that made me happy was a simple 2 EUR coin. It always somehow bugged me how boring our Euros are. You know, nothing against the Federal Eagle, but when you see how interesting and varied other countries(e.g Italy, Finland and many others) made their Euros it really annoyed me.

So it really made my day when I finally found 2 Euros in my pocket with the picture of the St. Michaelis Church and learned that we are least doing a special coinage covering the federal states and their landmarks.
Yes, I'm easily amused :smallbiggrin:

Thursday
2010-03-11, 06:47 AM
Rubbish day at work, which would be bearable, but we've run out of tea-bags..

(This is serious, I actually think there might be a riot.) It just takes away that last little thing I had to get me through, Sounds like a relief shopping party is being organised, however, but that event falls into this category, definitely.

Thufir
2010-03-11, 06:51 AM
This is a nice thread. And Mr. White's avatar is teh awesome.

These things cheer me up.

Serpentine
2010-03-11, 06:52 AM
I notice people are saying good things and bad things, without saying which is which :smalltongue:
My good thing: riding in a good car with good friends and good music up loud. Dunno why, but it always makes me happy...

Quincunx
2010-03-11, 06:56 AM
The blessed silence when one walks into the local park and drops 5m below the lip of that valley, when the traffic noise from the encircling road is somehow muted; it's better for not wholly blocking the noise, but simply holding it at bay so one is always aware that the park is shielded.

darkblust
2010-03-11, 07:13 AM
I really enjoy that really calm time,right before it starts raining.

JediSoth
2010-03-11, 08:19 AM
The Good

Cuddling up in bed with my wife.
Seeing Luke Skywalker gaze across the desert at the twin suns of Tatooine setting with that John Williams music raising to a crescendo on the soundtrack.
Watching my cat play.
Hearing my step-daughter thank her mother for all the things she's done for her over the years.

The Bad

Anything bad/rude/ignorant drivers do.
"irregardless"
"It's a mute (moot) point."

The Nerdy

Pulling off a killing headshot on the run with a hitscan weapon in an FPS.

lostlittlebear
2010-03-11, 08:29 AM
Heh, when a friend comes to me and says "How's things going, dude, haven't talked to you in a while" i always feel better, because it shows someone out there treasures my company

smellie_hippie
2010-03-11, 08:33 AM
Seeing and hearing polite and respectful children. After working with troubled, emotionally disturbed or straight up juvenile delinquent children... hearing "please" and "thank you" mixed in with an occasional "sir" is very refreshing. Mind you, this only works if it's spontaneous... not forced.

I also feel very good when I am inspired to send my wife a spontaneous email or text for no reason other than to explain how awesome and wonderful she is. It's very refreshing to know that you are the cause of someone else's happiness...

Mr White
2010-03-11, 10:05 AM
... And Mr. White's avatar is teh awesome.

These things cheer me up.

Thanks to Recaiden, I like it a lot to.

thubby
2010-03-11, 03:56 PM
having my dog coming to me just to lay down. it's adorable ^,^

Starscream
2010-03-11, 04:07 PM
Cartoons. I adore them.

Partof1
2010-03-11, 09:10 PM
Focusing on different specific instruments in songs I've not listened to in awhile
Recognizing a song I heard alot when I was young
Having meowing conversations with my cat
When my dog comes over and presses against me in a hug
When someone laughs at one of my cornier jokes
A nice sunrise or sunset
Particularly amusing sneezes or yawns

CrimsonAngel
2010-03-11, 09:12 PM
Anything Invader Zim.

Scoot
2010-03-11, 10:10 PM
Whenever one of my animals decides to sleep near my head (They usualy go for the feet)

Cat makes a nice half-pillow, dog just looks funny staring at me.

Syka
2010-03-11, 10:17 PM
When I'm studying and Oz'll leave his game to cuddle for a little bit.

How Roscoe (his parent's dog) will slyly come over to where you're sitting and just kinda sideways look at you like a puppy dog. It's adorable.

When Saffron (my hamster) climbs to the top of her cage and tries chewing the hell out of it.

Thunder.

Seeing cool wildlife (I saw an armadillo waddling along the side of the road a few days ago!).

Drakevarg
2010-03-11, 10:49 PM
Realizing that I've managed to incorporate a foriegn word into my subconcious vocabulary. Usually either German or Japanese, since I took a German class for two years and I'd be an otaku if I could afford it. :smalltongue:

Jacklu
2010-03-11, 10:52 PM
The feel, look, sound, smell of a good book. Don't even have to be reading it either.

golentan
2010-03-11, 10:56 PM
I go to a public place with a notebook and observe people's behavior.

I'll also fiddle with stuff with my hands (especially my lovely, lovely micro magnets).

Kneenibble
2010-03-12, 12:17 AM
Slids but I had a huge throbbing rage-on earlier at nothing at all, but I channeled it into a long intense run and got home feeling cloud nine. Running always makes me happy.

And you know what else? Today is the first day I've worn shorts outside since autumn. I love shorts. Who's with me? *raises hand for 5, looks around with a 8D*

The feel, look, sound, smell of a good book. Don't even have to be reading it either.
Seconded, books are a sensual experience. Or as I prefer to call them, Information Fetish Objects.

Escef
2010-03-12, 12:27 AM
The smell of the ground after a summer rain.

Lightning storms. There is no fireworks show in the world that can compare to a good lightning storm.

Having a rabbit cross my path. I used to have a couple of pet rabbits, and I've always found them to be fascinating animals.

The way things look after a snowstorm. Having not seen a good snowstorm since 2005, I've been pretty content to see them this year.

Bouregard
2010-03-12, 05:28 AM
roasted meat. I can hardly be angry at you, if you greet me with potatoes, steak and beer.

llamamushroom
2010-03-12, 05:46 AM
I love shorts. Who's with me? *raises hand for 5, looks around with a 8D*

I like shorts. They're fun and easy to wear!

Sorry, but that's one of my good 'little things' - nostalgia. Another is when I'm awake in bed at some demonic hour of the morning, wondering why I can't go back to sleep, and one of my dogs jumps up and lies with his snoot about 5cm (2") away from mine and just stares at me. It's somehow comforting.

Bad things: children who don't realise that "please go away" is as close to " *eff* off and die" as I get, and don't leave me alone when I ask politely. Most of the time I love kids, but when I want to be left alone even the nicest of them can be tiresome.

Emperor Ing
2010-03-12, 05:47 AM
No offense to anyone here, but references to Dr. Who drive me crazy.

Dogmantra
2010-03-12, 05:48 AM
I like shorts. They're fun and easy to wear!

This made my day better.

Also when Jonathan Ross played a They Might Be Giants song on the radio when I was coming home from school after a bit of a stressful week.