PDA

View Full Version : Gray Orc help <3.5>

LichPrinceAlim
2010-03-11, 12:44 PM
I adore the Gray Orc from Faerun. I mean, a "smart orc?" genius!

However, with its stat bonuses, what builds would work for the following backstory? (Note: I want an Owl to back me up)

Exiled by his people, this gray orc became a powerful "X" who has sworn to side against his people in the coming war between Orcs and Humanity (which has Dwarves and Elves)

Kylarra
2010-03-11, 12:46 PM
A powerful Risen Martyr. :smallbiggrin:

LichPrinceAlim
2010-03-11, 12:48 PM
A powerful Risen Martyr. :smallbiggrin:

DM said no to that crap. Risen Martyr is an NPC only class

Kylarra
2010-03-11, 12:50 PM
Go with truenamer. Maybe pity is the only way humanity will allow an orc to live.

LichPrinceAlim
2010-03-11, 12:51 PM
Go with truenamer. Maybe pity is the only way humanity will allow an orc to live.

I was thinking, with a bonus to WIS, only cleric and druid are optimal

Atelm
2010-03-11, 12:51 PM
The reason for why the character was exiled might give more to work with, as is that really doesn't close off too many possible build thus making suggestion builds a tad difficult.

A druid of some sort, perhaps? A Master of Many Forms?

LichPrinceAlim
2010-03-11, 12:53 PM
The reason for why the character was exiled might give more to work with, as is that really doesn't close off too many possible build thus making suggestion builds a tad difficult.

A druid of some sort, perhaps? A Master of Many Forms?

he didn't agree with Gruumsh's philosophy

no MoMF

AtwasAwamps
2010-03-11, 01:31 PM
Paladin of Freedom + Barbarian: Chaotic Good and you can use the Half-Orc Paladin sub levels to get yourself the "righteous fury" instead of smite evil, with some raging going on. If you want to get wacky from there on in, go for champion of Gwynharrawyf, get some fear-oriented feats, and start fear-locking and cowering people with your scary auras and various fear-related abilities. Or go into any number of the cool and powerful melee things you could do.

Oh wait, you wanted smart?

Umm...yeah. It basically boils down to cleric or druid. Maybe Psychic Warrior?

SolkaTruesilver
2010-03-11, 01:33 PM
I'd say go for a nice Ranger build with a few dips in Barbarians for the Rage, the speed and the kewls.

LichPrinceAlim
2010-03-11, 01:42 PM
I'd say go for a nice Ranger build with a few dips in Barbarians for the Rage, the speed and the kewls.

and DMs said I must be a full caster. sorry. forgot to tag that in ;3

Kylarra
2010-03-11, 01:44 PM
Druid 20. Done. :smallwink:

LichPrinceAlim
2010-03-11, 01:46 PM
Druid 20. Done. :smallwink:

I thought of tagging in a PrC like Lion of Talisid, to improve my character and (I get its a taboo) give my twin big kitty companions Leadership so I have a pride of all of the awesome pawsome big cats

SolkaTruesilver
2010-03-11, 01:48 PM
I thought of tagging in a PrC like Lion of Talisid, to improve my character and (I get its a taboo) give my twin big kitty companions Leadership so I have a pride of all of the awesome pawsome big cats

That'd be awesome, indeed. Any good fullcaster druid PrC that we could consider too?

Kylarra
2010-03-11, 01:50 PM
I thought of tagging in a PrC like Lion of Talisid, to improve my character and (I get its a taboo) give my twin big kitty companions Leadership so I have a pride of all of the awesome pawsome big cats-shrug- If you want to abuse leadership cheese and your DM is fine with it, then whatever. Straight druid 20 is a simple, powerful build though.

That'd be awesome, indeed. Any good fullcaster druid PrC that we could consider too?Planar Shepherd. :smallwink:

LichPrinceAlim
2010-03-11, 01:51 PM
but I just found out 1/2 of the DMs is grounded for 3 weeks, so I've got a single DM now. We have no healer, so technically, a Gray Orc Cleric or Druid would be nice to have (minus we have 2 warforged)

LichPrinceAlim
2010-03-11, 01:52 PM
-shrug- If you want to abuse leadership cheese and your DM is fine with it, then whatever. Straight druid 20 is a simple, powerful build though.

Planar Shepherd. :smallwink:

I'm not trying to abuse leadership. I just want 5 big cats as backup

so which should I have in more: Planar Shepard or Lion of Talisid?