PDA

View Full Version : Hervus Vogelmensch [3.5]

JohnnyCancer
2010-03-11, 01:28 PM
I haven't played a cleric since 1999. I'd like to play a Lawful Neutral cleric with the Sun and Law domains, one who would be able to regularly fly somehow.

The rules:

1. Starting at level 5.
2. 40 point-buy for stats.
3. Max HP at first level, half+1+Con thereafter.
4. Access to every WotC splatbook that isn't campaign specific.
5. Standard wealth.
6. Can use traits and flaws.

Flickerdart
2010-03-11, 01:43 PM
How heavily optimized do you want to be? Clerics are one of the most powerful classes in the game, so if your party is a Wizard, an Artificer and a Druid, then you can really let loose, but if you have a Fighter, Rogue and Monk then some scaling down will be necessary.

faceroll
2010-03-11, 01:51 PM
Footsteps of the Divine can give you a fly speed for rounds/level. It is in Complete Champion. Level 3 cleric spell.

JohnnyCancer
2010-03-11, 01:58 PM
The party (barring any unexpected changes of heart) will have a wizard, a knight, and a rogue. I don't feel the need to play a living god of never-failing, but I'd like a solid, effective character who can go between support or front-lines as needed.

I haven't asked the DM but I imagine he wouldn't be keen on me using more than one nightstick once the opportunity presents itself. So while DMM isn't completely out of the picture, the typical CoDzilla is out.

Footsteps of the Divine sounds pretty cool :smallsmile:

faceroll
2010-03-11, 02:06 PM
I'm playing a minotaur cleric of vecna with persisted footsteps of the divine on. It's sweet having a permanent perfect fly speed. And 30 strength. That's also pretty cool.