PDA

View Full Version : "Post-Apocolyptic Gestalt Forgotten Realms/Ravenloft" Campaign Help <3.5>

LichPrinceAlim
2010-03-11, 02:28 PM
Yes, I literally opened this can-'o-wyrms all up in here! (Speaking of which, how DID they fit 30 Great Wyrms in one tin the size of a chew tin?)

The idea is that the FR has been in a century-long war that ended when a mage (the Dread Emperor from BoVD baby!) obliterated the human capital and rebuilt "The Black City" from its ruins. Now, the Realms is enslaved, minus one area...

In Barovia, the PCs are recruited by the reigning count (Yes! The PCs WORK on Strahd's behalf!) to save the realms. In order to, they must find the Symbols of the Nine Martyrs (I'm making up Uber-Powerful ghosts to represent each. The Ghosts are all of the "Good" axis) to kill the Dread Emperor before he enacts the "Rites of the Sacred Bloodlines," which actually summons Ashardalon, who will bind himself to the Dread Emperor, making him unstoppable.

The Tygre
2010-03-11, 02:53 PM
Quick question; -why- does Strahd want to save the Realms? He's usually not motivated to anything unless his dead sweetheart is involved. Other than that, sounds awesome. :smallcool:

LichPrinceAlim
2010-03-11, 02:56 PM
Quick question; -why- does Strahd want to save the Realms? He's usually not motivated to anything unless his dead sweetheart is involved. Other than that, sounds awesome. :smallcool:

basically, his land is the last bit of the continent the Dread Emperor doesn't rule.

Jack_Simth
2010-03-11, 05:26 PM
basically, his land is the last bit of the continent the Dread Emperor doesn't rule.
With the follow-up of "and he wants to avoid being under the Dread Emperor's thumb", I'm guessing?

Edit:
Also: What, exactly, do you need help with? You've got a rather nifty setup already.

LichPrinceAlim
2010-03-15, 11:06 AM
mostly, what sorts of encounters should I focus on, considering the situation, and should I revamp the Dread Emperor for gestalt? If so, then what on the other side of the gestalt?

Dusk Eclipse
2010-03-15, 11:18 AM
Dread emperor is... what? Is he a martialist a caster or what? personally I suggest template pilling

LichPrinceAlim
2010-03-15, 11:27 AM
Dread emperor is... what? Is he a martialist a caster or what? personally I suggest template pilling

He was some kinda screwy Wizard/Fighter who had full casting in his personal fullplate with children dangling from chains at the waist

Dusk Eclipse
2010-03-15, 11:31 AM
are you up to re-stating him? if so I suggest the killer combination of Warblade//wizard maybe going in to a good gish prestige class sucg as abjurant champion???

LichPrinceAlim
2010-03-15, 11:35 AM
are you up to re-stating him? if so I suggest the killer combination of Warblade//wizard maybe going in to a good gish prestige class sucg as abjurant champion???

I don't want a walking TPK...Unless at lv1 the PCs think they can actually take him on, and knowing my players, thats what could and probably will happen...

I thought of

Race: Dark Vashara (Not just Evil, but SUPER evil) (Originally Human)
Class: Warblade 10/Jade Phoenix Mage 10//Wizard 10/Abjurant Champion 5/Archmage 5 (Originally a wizard/fighter combo)

Dusk Eclipse
2010-03-15, 11:38 AM
That is a bit more powerfull than I suggested, but hey it is your game.

and if your players try to take him on, let him play with them, IIRC the dread emperor can force the children to take damage for him right? so from the start make him a monster by abusing that power.

also what are vashara? i know they are evil humans who hate gods (ur priest sounds tempting....) but I don't remember if the have stat bonus or something like thath...

LichPrinceAlim
2010-03-15, 11:47 AM
That is a bit more powerfull than I suggested, but hey it is your game.

and if your players try to take him on, let him play with them, IIRC the dread emperor can force the children to take damage for him right? so from the start make him a monster by abusing that power.

also what are vashara? i know they are evil humans who hate gods (ur priest sounds tempting....) but I don't remember if the have stat bonus or something like thath...

well consider that the PCs, with the right bit of luck and skill, may or may not get Strahd to aid them in the dungeon, keeping my PCs pretty fresh...

Thats how his armor works. If he would take damage, it goes to the commoner children attached to his armor by their necks

And Vashara are the evil humans who the gods tried to destroy. Basically, they get no bonuses to stats, but are humans nonetheless, but the feat must be Vile

the humanity
2010-03-15, 01:18 PM
as far as encounters go, I'd assume friendly ones could include rebel groups in hiding, and once our beloved emperor gets word about the PC's being around, he could put a bounty on their head.

LichPrinceAlim
2010-03-15, 01:20 PM
as far as encounters go, I'd assume friendly ones could include rebel groups in hiding, and once our beloved emperor gets word about the PC's being around, he could put a bounty on their head.

so basically, throw "cannon fodder" at the PCs? And the Emperor knows the PCs are working for Strahd, via his crystal ball (cheesy, yet effective)