PDA

View Full Version : Jumping 3.5e "Height Factor"

Daveo
2010-03-11, 07:05 PM
The question in mind is how a characters heigth is implicated in jump checks?

There are two feats I know that remove the restriction of your heigth on jumping. One is Leap of the Clouds and the other is Mighty Leap. I've looked about a bit and still not sure. Can any one here give me a clear example on how heigth would effect a jump skill?

I currently have a Character with a total of 15 in their Jump skill. So we can use that as a base for now. LvL 1 Barb Ibixian (Goatfolk) with a 22 str (+6), +5 ranks in jump and +4 from having 10 feet more over 30 move speed. Total ECL 2 (Lvl 1 barb +1 lvl A: Took no Monster HD).

Starbuck_II
2010-03-11, 07:09 PM
The question in mind is how a characters heigth is implicated in jump checks?

There are two feats I know that remove the restriction of your heigth on jumping. One is Leap of the Clouds and the other is Mighty Leap. I've looked about a bit and still not sure. Can any one here give me a clear example on how heigth would effect a jump skill?

I currently have a Character with a total of 15 in their Jump skill. So we can use that as a base for now. LvL 1 Barb Ibixian (Goatfolk) with a 22 str (+6), +5 ranks in jump and +4 from having 10 feet more over 30 move speed. Total ECL 2 (Lvl 1 barb +1 lvl A: Took no Monster HD).

Those are 3.0 because there is no hieght limit in 3.5. You can jump as high as you want now (if make DC).

Daveo
2010-03-11, 07:17 PM
So there is no use to those feats and similar ones in 3.5?

Also is there a limit to Competence bonuses?

Starbuck_II
2010-03-11, 08:12 PM
In 3.0 D&D, instead of DC = distance jumped, the designers removed height restriction but raised DC to to x2 distance.

So you can jump farther in 3.0, but can't jump past certain distance: or 3.5, jump less far, but jump as high as you want (if make higher DC).