PDA

View Full Version : Bor's New Arrival!

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2010-03-11, 07:45 PM
I'll bet none of you even knew I was pregnant, right? (Being male, it was impossible to begin with. :smalltongue: )

As a few may know or remember, my more-than-five-year-old computer didn't take well to my move from AZ to KS. The screen died before the move, and the tower died not long after the move. Only the speakers and mouse survived in any way.

Well, it's taken quite a few months to gather the parts, but I am now writing to you from my brand spankin' new FRANKENPUTER! This brings an end to invading my housemates' rooms to meet all of my computing needs. At last, I can once again drift off to sleep with classical music floating from the speakers. I can engage in Skyping (once I download it again). When ideas come to me in the middle of the night to craft a story, I can do so without praying I remember them the next day to write on someone's else's machine.

Let the celebrating begin! Trog, bring us your best mead...or at least the one that tastes the least like WD-40!

Oh...and before I go, a VERY special thanks to one Zeb the Troll for all the PMs and the like that have been exchanged over the last few months. Without his aid, I wouldn't have the freedom that I have.

Now everyone party...AND BE WELL! :smallsmile:

Crimmy
2010-03-11, 07:55 PM
You, more than anybody, know I don't really know you, but seeing as you are one of the Playground Celebrities, I say welcome, and I'm happy you're good.

I was almost gonna say: You don't know me, but I know you...

RabbitHoleLost
2010-03-11, 07:56 PM
Crimmy is obviously a creeper
(Kidding, kidding, you're a sweet kid)

YAY FOR BOR. HURRAH. HAPPYDAY.

Jacklu
2010-03-11, 07:58 PM
Yay! Bor returns! *hugs* I LAVH YOU BOR!!! DX

Crimmy
2010-03-11, 08:01 PM
Crimmy is obviously a creeper
(Kidding, kidding, you're a sweet kid)

Dang, my cover's blown!

*Runs off*

Starscream
2010-03-11, 08:04 PM
Yay! Either Bor got pregnant with a computer while under the influence of Trog's mead (I assume the WD-40 acted as some sort of lubricant?) or I need to re-read this thread when I'm less tired.

Arti3
2010-03-11, 08:05 PM
Pics or not believing.
Kidding. :smallbiggrin:

PirateMonk
2010-03-11, 08:08 PM
Welcome back!

thubby
2010-03-11, 08:20 PM
gratz, and can someone pass the brain soap?

TSGames
2010-03-11, 08:36 PM
As a few may know or remember, my more-than-five-year-old computer didn't take well to my move from AZ to KS. The screen died before the move, and the tower died not long after the move. Only the speakers and mouse survived in any way.

Your poor computer....offing itself to avoid living in Kansas, finally achieving death's sweet embrace! Eternal peace away from the infinite corn fields, only to have its soul violently ripped back and bound in eternal torment to a Frankensteinian shell, forever unable to escape its suffering, forced to do its masters bidding until it can no longer function. But, congrats on your level of necromancer!

Jayngfet
2010-03-11, 09:16 PM
Congrats on the computer, sounds like you really needed it.

Serpentine
2010-03-12, 12:17 AM
Did your cat make it alright? So what's your new situation? What's news, Bor? Things looking up?

bluewind95
2010-03-12, 12:32 AM
BOR! OMG! That's awesome! :smallbiggrin:

Trog
2010-03-12, 12:34 AM
Let the celebrating begin! Trog, bring us your best mead...or at least the one that tastes the least like WD-40!
*The door to the thread opens and a largish keg on scaly legs takes a few tentative steps inside, weaving back and forth a bit both due to the weight and to general inebriation*

Trog's got a delivery here for one keg of Trog's Killer Bee Mead - hold the lubricant. Normally Trog doesn't recommend that but what the heck some people like it rough, Trog guesses. Now where should this... whoa... Whoooa! :smalleek: WHOOA!!

*CRASHcrushSMASH!! ... tinkle*

... er...

Sorry about the crushed computer there. Um... tell you what, this keg's on Trog this time. >.>

*edges quickly out of the thread*

Zeb The Troll
2010-03-12, 12:53 AM
Hooray! It's up and running! How's it handling CoX for you? Is it a totally new game now?

Rockphed
2010-03-12, 12:57 AM
Yay! It's Bor! Congrats on the new baby computer!

I feel that this thread must be boogied in.

*boogie*

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2010-03-12, 02:12 AM
Ummm...Thanks a lot, Trog! (All that adventuring for gold pieces to build this thing, and you wreck it. That's just great. :smallannoyed: ) :smalltongue:

To those welcoming me back...I never actually left. It's just that I no longer live alone, and thus find myself more engaged than before...that, and establishing medical care all over again. Lots of doctors to find and see.

Serpie: Nike is okay. She's still not very understanding that she's no longer the only cat here. She hisses at all the other cats, growls at all the people, even me on occasion, and has found many more ways to start trouble. Y'know...cat stuff. (I wouldn't have her here if not for Arguskos, so my thanks goes out to him yet again!)

As for "what's news," things are looking up in various regards, but spiraling downward in others. My regular blog tends to have all the details if you want to go back to the start of October and get caught up. (It's LOTS of reading, though.)

Zeb: Ummm...To be honest, CoH looks no different at the moment. But then I'm still healing up from Monday's eye surgery, and should be in great shape just in time for me to have the eye surgery completed NEXT Monday. But I'll try to keep an eye out for differences, (pun fully intended), and keep you posted.

To all others that have congratulated me thus far, you have my thanks. :smallsmile:

Zeb The Troll
2010-03-12, 02:22 AM
Zeb: Ummm...To be honest, CoH looks no different at the moment. But then I'm still healing up from Monday's eye surgery, and should be in great shape just in time for me to have the eye surgery completed NEXT Monday. But I'll try to keep an eye out for differences, (pun fully intended), and keep you posted.My guess is that you've not gone into any large battles yet then? I know on my last computer, normal adventuring/questing was pretty much the same no matter what my settings were. But once I got into a large scale fight, I had to turn off any spell effect that wasn't either mine or affecting my character. I couldn't tell what other people were doing. Because if I left spell effects on for all 40-100 other players, my game became a slide show that I could only sit back and watch from the corpse position. With the upgrade to one similar to yours now, however, I could have all these effects enabled AND still be able to participate in the fight. It was glorious!

EndlessWrath
2010-03-12, 04:13 AM
I'll bet none of you even knew I was pregnant, right? (Being male, it was impossible to begin with. :smalltongue: )

Well, it's taken quite a few months to gather the parts, but I am now writing to you from my brand spankin' new FRANKENPUTER! This brings an end to invading my housemates' rooms to meet all of my computing needs. At last, I can once again drift off to sleep with classical music floating from the speakers. I can engage in Skyping (once I download it again). When ideas come to me in the middle of the night to craft a story, I can do so without praying I remember them the next day to write on someone's else's machine.

Oh...and before I go, a VERY special thanks to one Zeb the Troll for all the PMs and the like that have been exchanged over the last few months. Without his aid, I wouldn't have the freedom that I have.

Now everyone party...AND BE WELL! :smallsmile:

I declare henceforth. That today shall be forever known as Bor-Day. I'm Glad everything seems to be piecing together for you Bor...(including your computer.)

Edit: Also... ~parties~:smallamused::smalltongue:
-Wrath

Thanatos 51-50
2010-03-12, 04:20 AM
Huzzah! Cheers! Jubilation!

Lord Herman
2010-03-12, 04:39 AM
Welcome back still here, Bor! :smallsmile:

banjo1985
2010-03-12, 05:26 AM
Congrats on the Frankenputer Bor, just turn it off when storms start, or it'll come to life! In all seriousness though, good to see you back, if you class back as in now-able-to-post-a-little-more-regularly-than-the-last-few-months. :smalltongue:

llamamushroom
2010-03-12, 05:52 AM
Congratulations! Both on getting a new computer, and resisting the urge to compu-speak. I respect you greatly.

You named your cat Nike? That's so awesome.

Felixaar
2010-03-12, 06:41 AM
Hmm, now we just need that flat screen TV.

Congrats, Bor :smallbiggrin:

(Although it would've been cooler if you'd been pregnant with a Stingray.)

rakkoon
2010-03-12, 06:59 AM
Congrats !!

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/poulcarlsen/poulcarlsen0907/poulcarlsen090700022/5237352.jpg

Shas aia Toriia
2010-03-12, 07:13 AM
Congrats !!

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/poulcarlsen/poulcarlsen0907/poulcarlsen090700022/5237352.jpg

. . .
I. . .

Don't even know where to start on that picture. I'll be having nightmares for weeks. :smalleek:
But I'm glad your computer is working again Bor.

arguskos
2010-03-12, 12:10 PM
Welcome home, Bor. We missed you. :smallsmile:

Zar Peter
2010-03-12, 01:15 PM
Congrats for the new PC Bor. And all the best in Kansas (Although you're living there for a few months now I believe I never wished you that yet)

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2010-03-12, 02:58 PM
Hmm, now we just need that flat screen TV.

Congrats, Bor :smallbiggrin:

(Although it would've been cooler if you'd been pregnant with a Stingray.)

Ummm...One of the necessary components was a 20" Acer HD flat screen that I found online, (with free shipping, no less), for a mere $124! (I believe that was through New Egg, so check there if you happen to be in the market. [/plug])

(Oh...and according to the people I have working in my mad science lab, they say I could be giving birth to a baby velocoraptor in under two months! That's better than a stingray. :smalltongue: )