PDA

View Full Version : Some good rewards (SoonerDJ, stay out!)

gallagher
2010-03-12, 11:37 AM
hello all, i am preparing a game that i am writing myself (or at least pretty much. i will be having them go through the Tomb of Horrors, only slightly modified)

what i was wondering is what different things can i be giving them as rewards? one of the campaign pulls is that they will be forced to sacrifice something of value to them. for instance, a spike chain rogue would sacrifice his +1 flaming spike chain (no, there isnt currently a spike chain rogue in the party) and he would get back as a favor from the gods a better spike chain.

also, what are some things that would give good bonuses to their main attribute? for instance, a high dex player would have to saw off his feet at the ankles, because he was somehow magically bound and cannot get the chains off his legs. how would i give someone a bonus to intelligence, wisdom, or charisma this way?

also, any creative ideas on ways that the characters can sacrifice something, anythign really, and get something in return?

subject42
2010-03-12, 01:03 PM
Look at Grafts and warforged augmentations for inspiration.

gallagher
2010-03-13, 12:05 PM
Look at Grafts and warforged augmentations for inspiration.

i can see how they would help the physical stats, but any ideas for some that would help for the mental stats?

and what are some really weird rewards that are actually pretty cool to get?