PDA

View Full Version : [3.5 WoW] Help me with a Runemaster, anyone?

Delta
2010-03-12, 01:35 PM
Gonna start a spontaneous new campaign tomorrow, and it's been decided that we'll be playing World of Warcraft d20. I've just found the Runemaster class in More Magic & Mayhem and thought it looked interesting, but having never played any WoW d20 before, I thought it might be a good idea to ask around here first. Anyone here who ever took a look at the Runemaster and can give me some hints, or do you maybe know a site that has something like guidebooks for different WoW d20 classes? Couldn't find anything in the places I usually look for advice on D&D :(

Zephyros
2010-03-12, 02:26 PM
Well, I am away from books, but since it is WoW RPG, why don't you look around the Core Rulebook for feats? As far as I can remember the Runemaster is a monk/caster hybrid. So you ll need some close combat stuff to complement your rune selections.

GolemsVoice
2010-03-12, 02:46 PM
I'd say pick up a (Prestige)class that helps with your unarmed attack and/or protects you in melee. Brewmaster, from Dark Factions, for example, if your DM allows this for non-Pandaren (it doesn't specifically say you need to be Pandaren to become one), or Bonecrusher. Leave the all-out damage casting to the actual arcane casters and instead focus on aiding your group (or take the Lone Wolf Runemaster alternative from Dark Factions if youb don't feel like buffing the party) and hampering your enemies, since magic in WoW is much more focused on direct damage, especially for Mages.