PDA

View Full Version : Custom Adventure Paths - Questionaire

Ashiel
2010-03-12, 02:09 PM
So I'm sitting around and thinking about something to do for a project that could be beneficial to others as well as myself (I'm currently an unemployed aspiring RPG writer and novelist). So I started thinking about writing free adventure paths with an option to donate through Paypal if people like the adventures. I've already started on my first one; but I was wondering what other people might be interested in.

I'm especially curious if any of the following themes are of particular interest:

Wilderness / Exploration / Travel / Rural Adventures.
Urban inner-city adventures.
Dungeon-delving adventures.
Horror adventures.
Mixed types (an adventure that combines two or more themes, such as Wilderness/Dungeon or Urban/Horror).
Sandbox or Overlying Plot

Also, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in any of the following:

Adventures which include new feats, spells, or player options.
Adventures which include new creatures and enemies.
Adventures which include mini-campaign settings or homebrew campaign material outside of the widely published setting such as Eberron or Golarion.
Adventures which offer new class variants and prestige classes.
Adventures which make use of the 3.5 SRD Psionics rules.
Adventures designed with unusual parties in mind (such as a party consisting of orcs, goblins, bugbears, and dark elves adventuring against the traditional races).

Finally, what sort of system would you prefer they be designed for?

3.5 Dungeons & Dragons
Paizo's Pathfinder RPG
Both? I can include stat-blocks for both systems if desired.

Here's a little adventure I threw together one evening for a friend of mine who needed a game involving undead and such for a game he was running (he didn't have time to prep everything). It's mostly just some encounters and a little bit of fluff to go along with it. I'm aware it has some awkward writing and maybe a typo or two (I don't think the encounters have any errors however); but it might give an example of what a project might entail.

Undead Encounters (http://www.mediafire.com/file/zbgex0zn11k/Undead Encounters.pdf)

I am also available for doing custom work for people if you have any requests or ideas. :smallsmile:

RagnaroksChosen
2010-03-12, 02:16 PM
from your menus:
* Dungeon-delving adventures.
* Mixed types (an adventure that combines two or more themes, such as Wilderness/Dungeon or Urban/Horror).
* Sandbox

* Adventures which make use of the 3.5 SRD Psionics rules.
* Adventures designed with unusual parties in mind (such as a party consisting of orcs, goblins, bugbears, and dark elves adventuring against the traditional races).

* 3.5 Dungeons & Dragons

Ashiel
2010-03-12, 02:20 PM
Nice thanks for the feedback. Also, don't feel limited just to the lists I mentioned. If you have any other ideas, feel free to toss them to the thread. :smallbiggrin:

RagnaroksChosen
2010-03-12, 02:22 PM
Nice thanks for the feedback. Also, don't feel limited just to the lists I mentioned. If you have any other ideas, feel free to toss them to the thread. :smallbiggrin:

ever read the "aganst the giants" modules from back in the day...

a bunch of against the ____ would be cool.

evil-frosty
2010-03-12, 04:22 PM
I am actually playing thru the Against the Giants mods, fighting King Snuure right now. And it would be cool to have a bunch of them but they would have to be iconic DnD monsters like how the giant is one.

Ashiel
2010-03-12, 08:39 PM
ever read the "aganst the giants" modules from back in the day...

a bunch of against the ____ would be cool.

Actually no, but I've heard of it I believe. I've heard it was really good actually. Was it 1st or 2nd edition? I might be able to find a copy of it in my house (a friend of mine left a lot of previous edition material in my house).

I'd also be willing to do conversions for people too. :smallsmile:

Ashiel
2010-03-12, 09:26 PM
Working on an adventure based on RagnaroksChosen's suggested themes. It will be a level 1 - 3 adventure path that is designed with a sandbox game in mind (lots of little encounters and events you can drop in that all are based around a general area and theme, with the plot more or less directed by the players). It will sport psionic characters and creatures, the opportunity to play with two different "factions" (a human village or a goblin tribe), as well as an optional dungeon which can be explored for fun and profit. :smallbiggrin:

Mostly dungeon/wilderness based, but also will sport a splash of urban goodness and the chance to play with some (hopefully) interesting NPCs throughout the adventure.