PDA

View Full Version : [Exalted, Celestial Martial Art] Wedded Moon Style

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-12, 03:27 PM
This style is inspired by (and somewhat ripped off from) Tornado Wolf's Night and Day Lunar Hero Style rewrite (http://www.thefreedomstone.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7375).

Wedded Moon Style

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k177/LordIames/Miscellaneous/th_WeddedMoonStyle.png (http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k177/LordIames/Miscellaneous/WeddedMoonStyle.png)

This Celestial martial arts style finds its origins among the Lunars of the First Age who worked with the circles of their Solar mates, focusing on teamwork and cooperation and drawing on the strength of their bond. After the Usurpation, some wondered if the style would fade from use, but practitioners discovered that while their Solar mates were gone, they could still benefit from the techniques they had learned. Wedded Moon is native to Lunars, who can learn it without a teacher and may substitute their Dexterity rating for their Martial Arts rating when learning and using Charms from this style.
Weapons and Armor: Wedded Moon Style is incompatible with armor, and tiger claws are the only compatible weapons.

New Keyword
Bond: Charms with this keyword have enhanced effects when the user possesses the Solar Bond background.

Leaping Interposition Method
Cost: 2m; Mins: Martial Arts 3, Essence 2; Type: Reflexive (Step 2 or 6)
Keywords: Combo-OK
Duration: Instant
Prerequisite Charms: None

The Wedded Moon stylists are devoted guardians and leap to defend that which they have chosen to protect. This Charm can be activated in response to an attack on any ally that the Wedded Moon can physically reach. When invoked in Step 6 of attack resolution, the Wedded Moon merely adds half of his Martial Arts to the target's DV. This does not count against the defended character's DV hard cap. When invoked in Step 2 of attack resolution, the martial artist interposes himself completely, making the attack target himself. If the attack defeats either of his DVs, it strikes him. Leaping Interposition Method cannot be used to defend someone against a counter-attack.

Pack Mentality Practice
Cost: --; Mins: Martial Arts 3, Essence 2; Type: Permanent
Keywords: Bond
Duration: Permanent

This Charm permanently enhances the Wedded Moon stylist. From now on, she may take part in a coordinated attack even when the character choosing whom to coordinate did not include her. This Charm may also be used even when the Wedded Moon herself is the one who coordinated the attack. If the stylist is included in coordinated attack roll, that roll automatically gains one success, which stacks for each character chosen for coordination who knows this Charm.

When the Wedded Moon stylist is included in a coordinate attack roll with the character for whom she possesses the Solar Bond background, that roll automatically gains bonus successes equal to the Wedded Moon's Solar Bond rating.

Wedded Moon Form
Cost: 6m; Mins: Martial Arts 4, Essence 2; Type: Simple (Speed 5)
Keywords: Bond, Form-type
Duration: One scene
Prerequisite Charms: Leaping Interposition Method, Pack Mentality Practice

The Wedded Moon stylist moves quickly to his allies' aid and works flawlessly in pursuit of their common goals. While this Charm is activated, the Wedded Moon's jumping distance and movement rates double as long as he is moving toward an ally, and allies reduce the DV penalties for coordinate attack actions and attacks made as part of coordinated attacks including the Wedded Moon by 1. This second effect explicitly may benefit the Wedded Moon himself.

When the Wedded Moon stylist or the character for whom he possesses the Solar Bond background takes a coordinate attack action that includes the other while this Form is active, no participant in that coordinated attack suffers DV penalties for attacks made as part of that coordinated attack.

Herding the Sheep Method
Cost: 3m; Mins: Martial Arts 4, Essence 3; Type: Reflexive
Keywords: Bond, Combo-OK, Obvious
Duration: One action
Prerequisite Charms: Wedded Moon Form

By moving in such a way as to manipulate the movements and arrangement of her target and her allies, the Wedded Moon stylist counts as two characters for the purpose of determining whether a foe is surrounded by the maximum number of characters.

If the target is in such a position that only two attackers can harry him from the same general direction (as opposed to two different sides), this Charm can be used without an ally, but the Wedded Moon will obviously not receive a natural unexpected attack for it.

If the target is already surrounded by the total number of possible attackers, then the target must grant two unexpected attacks, one to the Wedded Moon and the other to another character.

Two characters are explicitly permitted to use this Charm against the same enemy, stacking the effects; thus they would need only one other ally to effectively surround an enemy on an open field with three people.

In mass combat, a character is explicitly permitted to use this Charm as a solo unit against a complementary unit.

When the Wedded Moon stylist is working to surround a target with the character for whom she possesses the Solar Bond background, then that character also counts as two characters when determining whether the target is surrounded by the maximum number of characters.

Opportunistic Flanking Practice
Cost: 8m; Mins: Martial Arts 4, Essence 3; Type: Supplemental
Keywords: Bond, Combo-OK

This Charm may enhance any unarmed Martial Arts attack against a character who has been attacked since his last action.

The Wedded Moon's attack imposes a coordinated attack penalty equal to (the Wedded Moon's Martial Arts). This penalty is explicitly allowed to stack with regular coordinated attack penalties, even if the total exceeds the normal maximum. If the supplemented attack happens to be unexpected, the Wedded Moon instead adds a number of automatic successes to his attack equal to the penalty this Charm would have otherwise inflicted.

If the last person to attack this Charm's target was the character for whom the Wedded Moon possesses the Solar Bond background, the coordinated attack penalty imposed becomes equal to the Wedded Moon's Martial Arts + Solar Bond.

Bond-Forging Meditation
Cost: 8m, 1wp; Mins: Martial Arts 4, Essence 3; Type: Simple (Dramatic Action)
Keywords: None
Duration: One day

The Wedded Moon's strength is her comrades. By spending an hour meditating, the Wedded Moon creates a mystical bond between the Wedded Moon and up to (Essence) allies, giving her a positive Intimacy toward each, if she does not already have such an Intimacy. Though temporary, this bond is enough like the bond of a Lunar to her Solar that it allows her to use the enhanced effects of Charms with the Bond keyword, as if she had dots in the Solar Bond background equal to her Conviction rating. The bonds and the Intimacies fade at the end of the day.

Glorious Sublimation of the Wedded Moon
Cost: 5m, 1wp; Mins: Martial Arts 5, Essence 3; Type: Reflexive
Keywords: Bond, Combo-OK, Obvious, Social
Prerequisite Charms: Bond-Forging Meditation, Herding the Sheep Method, Opportunistic Flanking Practice

Whenever the Wedded Moon takes an action to locate, move towards, examine, care for or otherwise act protectively towards an ally to whom she has a positive Intimacy, she gains a number of bonus dice equal to her Compassion; this bonus does not stack with the first. Add any dice gained from this Charm as automatic successes to movement rate.

Finally, for the duration of this Charm, the Wedded Moon can channel Compassion for the purpose of attacking an enemy that an ally is also attacking, and for the purpose of making an Attack Coordination roll.

If reactivated immediately after the duration ends, this Charm costs no Willpower.

A Wedded Moon stylist receives bonus successes rather than bonus dice from acting protectively toward the character for whom she possesses the Solar Bond background.

The Demented One
2010-03-12, 10:10 PM
General Thoughts: It definitely needs to be expanded a bit more. It's scandalously short for a martial arts style. Also, I don't think you really need to keyword Bond–if it's something self-contained within the style, you really don't need to use keywords.

Wedded Moon is native to Lunars, who can learn it without a teacher and may substitute their Dexterity rating for their Martial Arts rating when learning and using Charms from this style.
Not a fan of the latter part. Lunars should have to learn martial arts like everyone else; the Dexterity substitution should be limited to their Hero style only.

Leaping Interposition Method
Cost: 2m; Mins: Martial Arts 3, Essence 2; Type: Reflexive (Step 2 or 6)

The Wedded Moon stylists are devoted guardians and leap to defend that which they have chosen to protect. This Charm can be activated in response to an attack on any ally that the Wedded Moon can physically reach. When invoked in Step 6 of attack resolution, the Wedded Moon merely adds half of his Martial Arts to the target's DV. This does not count against the defended character's DV hard cap. When invoked in Step 2 of attack resolution, the martial artist interposes himself completely, making the attack target himself. If the attack defeats either of his DVs, it strikes him. Leaping Interposition Method cannot be used to defend someone against a counter-attack.
The latter effect is kinda redundant with Defend Other and the Lunar charms that work with it, so I'd trim it to focus on the much more interesting and really cool first effect. Comparing it to Serpentine Evasion, I think you should probably either cost it up or reduce the bonus–say, 4m to add +Essence to their DV in Step 6, or 2m to add +1 to their DV.

Pack Mentality Practice
Cost: --; Mins: Martial Arts 3, Essence 2; Type: Permanent
Keywords: Bond
Duration: Permanent

This Charm permanently enhances the Wedded Moon stylist. From now on, she may take part in a coordinated attack even when the character choosing whom to coordinate did not include her. This Charm may also be used even when the Wedded Moon herself is the one who coordinated the attack. If the stylist is included in coordinated attack roll, that roll automatically gains one success, which stacks for each character chosen for coordination who knows this Charm.

When the Wedded Moon stylist is included in a coordinate attack roll with the character for whom she possesses the Solar Bond background, that roll automatically gains bonus successes equal to the Wedded Moon's Solar Bond rating.
Permanent charms are generally a bad idea this early on in Martial Arts styles, because they're too good of dips. The mechanic is also kinda weird–why not just have it be a reflexive charm you activate to enhance someone else's Coordinate Attack action, in the same way that the first charm enhances someone else's DV? I'd cost it at 2m, and have it automatically include the Lunar, and also add +Bond if the Solar is in there.

Wedded Moon Form
Cost: 6m; Mins: Martial Arts 4, Essence 2; Type: Simple (Speed 5)
Keywords: Bond, Form-type
Prerequisite Charms: Leaping Interposition Method, Pack Mentality Practice

The Wedded Moon stylist moves quickly to his allies' aid and works flawlessly in pursuit of their common goals. While this Charm is activated, the Wedded Moon's jumping distance and movement rates double as long as he is moving toward an ally, and allies reduce the DV penalties for coordinate attack actions and attacks made as part of coordinated attacks including the Wedded Moon by 1. This second effect explicitly may benefit the Wedded Moon himself.

When the Wedded Moon stylist or the character for whom he possesses the Solar Bond background takes a coordinate attack action that includes the other while this Form is active, no participant in that coordinated attack suffers DV penalties for attacks made as part of that coordinated attack.
I'm inclined to think the effect is too big for the form–you could potentially negate all DV penalties for your whole circle, with that. It should definitely be its own charm; I'd find a different effect for the Form.

Herding the Sheep Method
Cost: 3m; Mins: Martial Arts 4, Essence 3; Type: Reflexive
Keywords: Bond, Combo-OK, Obvious
Duration: One action

By moving in such a way as to manipulate the movements and arrangement of her target and her allies, the Wedded Moon stylist counts as two characters for the purpose of determining whether a foe is surrounded by the maximum number of characters.

If the target is in such a position that only two attackers can harry him from the same general direction (as opposed to two different sides), this Charm can be used without an ally, but the Wedded Moon will obviously not receive a natural unexpected attack for it.

If the target is already surrounded by the total number of possible attackers, then the target must grant two unexpected attacks, one to the Wedded Moon and the other to another character.

Two characters are explicitly permitted to use this Charm against the same enemy, stacking the effects; thus they would need only one other ally to effectively surround an enemy on an open field with three people.

In mass combat, a character is explicitly permitted to use this Charm as a solo unit against a complementary unit.

When the Wedded Moon stylist is working to surround a target with the character for whom she possesses the Solar Bond background, then that character also counts as two characters when determining whether the target is surrounded by the maximum number of characters.
Huh. Cool, but the wording is kind of dense. Cost looks fine. Neat charm.

Opportunistic Flanking Practice
Cost: 3m; Mins: Martial Arts 4, Essence 3; Type: Supplemental

This Charm may only be invoked against a valid target who has been attacked or counterattacked by someone else but whose Defense Values have not yet refreshed.

The Wedded Moon's attack imposes a coordinated attack penalty equal to (the Wedded Moon's Martial Arts - the number of ticks that have passed since the last attack against that target). This penalty is explicitly allowed to stack with regular coordinated sttack penalties, even if the total exceeds the normal maximum. If the supplemented attack happens to be unexpected, the Wedded Moon instead adds a number of automatic successes to his attack equal to the penalty this Charm would have otherwise inflicted.
Cool charm, but sorta confused wording. I'd change to the first part as "This Charm may enhance any unarmed Martial Arts attack against a character who has been attacked since his last action." I think having the penalty depend on how much time has passed involves too much book-keeping and going back over things, just make it a flat penalty. I'd cost it at 8m if you do that, it's a powerful boost.

Bond-Forging Meditation
Cost: 8m, 1wp; Mins: Martial Arts 4, Essence 3; Type: Simple (Dramatic Action)
Keywords: None
Duration: One day

The Wedded Moon's strength is her comrades. By spending an hour meditating, the Wedded Moon creates a mystical bond between the Wedded Moon and up to (Essence) allies, giving her a positive Intimacy toward each, if she does not already have such an Intimacy. Though temporary, this bond is enough like the bond of a Lunar to her Solar that it allows her to use the enhanced effects of Charms with the Bond keyword, as if she had dots in the Solar Bond background equal to her Conviction rating. The bonds and the Intimacies fade at the end of the day.
Hmm. Not totally sure if this fits the theme of the charm–if it's all about cooperation with your Solar mate, why should you be able to cheat that? You might consider just replacing the Solar Bond replacement with any positive Intimacy, like in Glorious Sublimation, and cost things up accordingly.

Glorious Sublimation of the Wedded Moon
Cost: 5m, 1wp; Mins: Martial Arts 5, Essence 3; Type: Reflexive
Keywords: Bond, Combo-OK, Obvious, Social
Duration: (Essence) actions
Prerequisite Charms: Herding the Sheep Method, Opportunistic Flanking Practice

For every present ally to whom the Wedded Moon has a positive Intimacy, the Lunar adds bonus die to any action. The number of these dice cannot exceed the Wedded Moon's Conviction. Whenever the Wedded Moon takes an action to locate, move towards, examine, care for or otherwise act protectively towards an ally to whom she has a positive Intimacy, she gains a number of bonus dice equal to her Conviction; this bonus does not stack with the first. Add any dice gained from this Charm as automatic successes to movement rate.

Finally, for the duration of this Charm, the Wedded Moon can channel Compassion for the purpose of attacking an enemy that an ally is also attacking, and for the purpose of making an Attack Coordination roll.

If reactivated immediately after the duration ends, this Charm costs no Willpower.

A Wedded Moon stylist uses the higher of her Conviction or her Solar Bond to determine how many bonus dice she receives from acting protectively toward the character for whom she possesses the Solar Bond background.
The two bonuses are confusing. I'd make it one or the other, not both. I also don't see why it caps at Conviction, rather than Compassion. As the capstone, it's a bit lacking–it could definitely afford to be bumped up to scene-long, but I want to see a more powerful effect.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-12, 10:36 PM
General Thoughts: It definitely needs to be expanded a bit more. It's scandalously short for a martial arts style. Also, I don't think you really need to keyword Bond–if it's something self-contained within the style, you really don't need to use keywords.

I know it's short. This is actually some of my early work, and I did tend toward short martial arts cascades.

I disagree on getting rid of the Bond keyword. By the same logic, the Holy keyword shouldn't exist either.

Not a fan of the latter part. Lunars should have to learn martial arts like everyone else; the Dexterity substitution should be limited to their Hero style only.

Well, as I said, this was based on someone else's Lunar Hero rewrite. Also, I think of it as a sort of second Hero style, since it's working with the bond, which is an integral part of the Lunar Exaltation.

The charm-by-charm analysis I'll respond to later, once I've had a chance to mull it over some more.

The Demented One
2010-03-13, 10:07 AM
I disagree on getting rid of the Bond keyword. By the same logic, the Holy keyword shouldn't exist either.
The difference is that Holy shows up all over the place. Solar Charms, Lunar Charms, DB Charms, MA Charms, so on and so forth. Since this is just particular to this one charmset, you probably don't need a keyword.

Well, as I said, this was based on someone else's Lunar Hero rewrite. Also, I think of it as a sort of second Hero style, since it's working with the bond, which is an integral part of the Lunar Exaltation.
Ah! Hmm. I'd make this more clear, but I'd be okay with that.

The Rose Dragon
2010-03-13, 12:06 PM
The difference is that Holy shows up all over the place. Solar Charms, Lunar Charms, DB Charms, MA Charms, so on and so forth. Since this is just particular to this one charmset, you probably don't need a keyword.

The Aquatic keyword. Shows up only in a single Martial Arts and nowhere else.

Though since it's a very recently introduced keyword, you never know where else it might appear.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-13, 03:56 PM
The latter effect is kinda redundant with Defend Other and the Lunar charms that work with it, so I'd trim it to focus on the much more interesting and really cool first effect. Comparing it to Serpentine Evasion, I think you should probably either cost it up or reduce the bonus–say, 4m to add +Essence to their DV in Step 6, or 2m to add +1 to their DV.

This style predates the Defend Other rules. When I reposted it here, I though about changing it to take them into account, but I came to the conclusion that the Step 2 effect is actually superior to Defend Other - for one thing, it doesn't rely on you having taken a Defend Other action, and for another, it perfectly defends the person you're trying to protect. The reason for the low cost is twofold: a Step 6 activation will only ever increase an ally's DV by 3 at maximum in normal gameplay (that is, Essence 5 and below). A Step 2 activation perfectly defends your ally, but doesn't do anything to protect you from the attack you just threw yourself in front of. Given those factors I felt a low cost was justified.

Permanent charms are generally a bad idea this early on in Martial Arts styles, because they're too good of dips. The mechanic is also kinda weird–why not just have it be a reflexive charm you activate to enhance someone else's Coordinate Attack action, in the same way that the first charm enhances someone else's DV? I'd cost it at 2m, and have it automatically include the Lunar, and also add +Bond if the Solar is in there.

Well, I like permanent charms, so :smalltongue:. There was actually some debate about this in the style I stole the effect from, whether to have it be reflexive or a permanent enhancement. I came down on the side that said "Why should Sidereals have all the fun with permanent Charms in their native style?"

I'm inclined to think the effect is too big for the form–you could potentially negate all DV penalties for your whole circle, with that. It should definitely be its own charm; I'd find a different effect for the Form.

I like to have big effects in my Form Charms. They say that mastery of the Form Charm is considered mastery of the style by many practitioners in Creation, so I guess I feel that Form Charms ought to be impressive in what they do to justify that outlook.

Huh. Cool, but the wording is kind of dense. Cost looks fine. Neat charm.

The wording is dense, but I couldn't come up with a better way to say what I wanted the Charm to say, so...

Cool charm, but sorta confused wording. I'd change to the first part as "This Charm may enhance any unarmed Martial Arts attack against a character who has been attacked since his last action." I think having the penalty depend on how much time has passed involves too much book-keeping and going back over things, just make it a flat penalty. I'd cost it at 8m if you do that, it's a powerful boost.

Sounds good to me. I'm toying with the idea of adding a Bond effect to it, but not sure what yet.

Hmm. Not totally sure if this fits the theme of the charm–if it's all about cooperation with your Solar mate, why should you be able to cheat that? You might consider just replacing the Solar Bond replacement with any positive Intimacy, like in Glorious Sublimation, and cost things up accordingly.

My thinking is that this charm probably wasn't in the original style and got added in when Sidereals (or even Dragon-Blooded) started learning it. Either that, or it's a post-Usurpation innovation. Or both.

The two bonuses are confusing. I'd make it one or the other, not both. I also don't see why it caps at Conviction, rather than Compassion. As the capstone, it's a bit lacking–it could definitely afford to be bumped up to scene-long, but I want to see a more powerful effect.

You're right, it is confusing. I can't remember why I used Conviction instead of Compassion myself.

Changes incoming, and are you going to take a look at Pretty Soldier Style?

Edit: Changes made.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-21, 01:24 PM
Ideas for additional Charms:

A Charm to make the bond two-way (pinnacle-ish?)
A Charm to recover spent Solar Bond dice with stunt
A Charm to increase the Wedded Moon's Solar Bond rating, temporarily (possibly permanently as a Training effect?)

DracoDei
2010-03-21, 02:52 PM
I am going to go way out on a limb here and suggest a 3.X D&D feat I created as inspiration. Never read an Exalted rulebook, but I read Keychain of Creation and otherwise hear things...

Gemini Strike:
Gemini Strike[General]
You and a team-mate strike as one, speeding by to deliver such well coordinated blows that you gain the benefits of both hit-and-run tactics, and superior postioning... and then some.

Prerequisites:
Ride-by Attack OR Fly-by Attack OR Spring Attack, OR Swim-by Attack
Dodge AND Mobility
Sneak Attack +2d6 OR Skirmish +1d6/+1 OR BAB +6

Benefits:
Two or more allied creatures may activate who each have this feat may activate it when initiative is called for, but before it is actually rolled. They must declare which specific individuals they are activating it with, and all members of a group must have this feat. In such a case they both/all act on the lowest initiative in the group.
Alternatively, groups may be formed mid-combat by all prospective group members announcing such on their respective turns which are then delayed to an initiative 2 points lower than the lowest one in the group. IF any prospective group member elects not to enter the forming group, then the others already in the group may elect to proceed with only the members who are already delaying, who act immediately, in order of the initiatives they had before they started delaying.
While acting together, group members must use the same types of actions (Full round, Swift, Move Equivalent, Standard), in the same order, and each of these actions is taken simultaneously with every other member of the group. (although they may always use any type of action to do nothing at all to maintain this synchronization). If moving at the same time, they must expend proportionate (or equal if they have the same speed) amounts of their movement at the same times, although slowing down is modeled as expending movement without changing squares.
If two or more members of a group have each moved at least 10 feet, will (unless something changes to prevent them) move a further 10 feet, currently are creating a flank with each other against that opponent and are using any of the feats that allow movement both before and after an attack, then they each gain an additional +1 to hit against that opponent, and each deal an additional 1d6 of Sneak Attack damage, provided that individual is already dealing at least +2d6 of Sneak or Skirmish damage.
Normal: Turns are taken in sequential order.

For all I know this would just be a stunt...

Arcanoi
2010-03-21, 02:59 PM
The bond couldn't ACTUALLY be two-way, that would make the Unconquered Sun come down and smack you, but you could make a Pinnacle charm that allows your Solar Mate to gain the same or similar bonus dice/successes that you're getting in Coordinated attacks. Maybe also allow reflexive and/or supplemental charms used on the attack by either Bondmate to benefit the attack made by the other Bondmate.

Would make Coordinated attacks with your Solar Mate really powerful, and sounds just about right for a Pinnacle charm.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-22, 12:00 AM
The bond couldn't ACTUALLY be two-way, that would make the Unconquered Sun come down and smack you, but you could make a Pinnacle charm that allows your Solar Mate to gain the same or similar bonus dice/successes that you're getting in Coordinated attacks. Maybe also allow reflexive and/or supplemental charms used on the attack by either Bondmate to benefit the attack made by the other Bondmate.

Would make Coordinated attacks with your Solar Mate really powerful, and sounds just about right for a Pinnacle charm.

Why would that make UCS come down and smack you when the Usurpation, the Contagion, and the Fair Folk Invasion couldn't pull him away from the Games?

Arcanoi
2010-03-22, 06:04 AM
Because he and Luna made a pact, and that would basically amount to the breaking of said pact. The Lunars are ultimately subservient to the Solars, whether they like it or not.

horngeek
2010-03-22, 06:09 AM
You underestimate how addicted he is to the Games. :smalltongue:

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-22, 10:41 AM
I agree. He might not like it all that much, but that assumes that he'll find out about it.

I am going to go way out on a limb here and suggest a 3.X D&D feat I created as inspiration. Never read an Exalted rulebook, but I read Keychain of Creation and otherwise hear things...

Gemini Strike:
Gemini Strike[General]
You and a team-mate strike as one, speeding by to deliver such well coordinated blows that you gain the benefits of both hit-and-run tactics, and superior postioning... and then some.

Prerequisites:
Ride-by Attack OR Fly-by Attack OR Spring Attack, OR Swim-by Attack
Dodge AND Mobility
Sneak Attack +2d6 OR Skirmish +1d6/+1 OR BAB +6

Benefits:
Two or more allied creatures may activate who each have this feat may activate it when initiative is called for, but before it is actually rolled. They must declare which specific individuals they are activating it with, and all members of a group must have this feat. In such a case they both/all act on the lowest initiative in the group.
Alternatively, groups may be formed mid-combat by all prospective group members announcing such on their respective turns which are then delayed to an initiative 2 points lower than the lowest one in the group. IF any prospective group member elects not to enter the forming group, then the others already in the group may elect to proceed with only the members who are already delaying, who act immediately, in order of the initiatives they had before they started delaying.
While acting together, group members must use the same types of actions (Full round, Swift, Move Equivalent, Standard), in the same order, and each of these actions is taken simultaneously with every other member of the group. (although they may always use any type of action to do nothing at all to maintain this synchronization). If moving at the same time, they must expend proportionate (or equal if they have the same speed) amounts of their movement at the same times, although slowing down is modeled as expending movement without changing squares.
If two or more members of a group have each moved at least 10 feet, will (unless something changes to prevent them) move a further 10 feet, currently are creating a flank with each other against that opponent and are using any of the feats that allow movement both before and after an attack, then they each gain an additional +1 to hit against that opponent, and each deal an additional 1d6 of Sneak Attack damage, provided that individual is already dealing at least +2d6 of Sneak or Skirmish damage.
Normal: Turns are taken in sequential order.

For all I know this would just be a stunt...

Yeah, that sort of thing is already built into the base combat system. It was a good idea, though.

Jokasti
2010-03-22, 10:49 AM
I don't know much about MA but don't Lunars use Attributes rather than Abilities for charms? Or is MA an exception?

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-22, 11:38 AM
I don't know much about MA but don't Lunars use Attributes rather than Abilities for charms? Or is MA an exception?

Lunars use Attributes for their native charmset. Martial Arts Styles are universal Ability-based charmsets that anyone can learn. Attribute-based Exalted treat their Hero Style as part of their native charmset and can substitute Attribute values for Ability values when learning charms from their Hero Style. However, Hero Styles are still Martial Arts Styles, so they are written using Martial Arts minima.

The Rose Dragon
2010-03-22, 04:26 PM
Attribute-based Exalted treat their Hero Style as part of their native charmset and can substitute Attribute values for Ability values when learning charms from their Hero Style.

For clarification, Lunars are the only Attribute-based Exalts who have a Hero Style. Alchemicals, while also Attribute-based, do not have a native martial arts style, and, in fact, require a special Charm to even learn martial arts styles.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-23, 04:34 PM
Because he and Luna made a pact, and that would basically amount to the breaking of said pact. The Lunars are ultimately subservient to the Solars, whether they like it or not.

Also, Lunars =/= Luna. Just because some Lunars do this doesn't mean that Luna broke her end of the deal.