PDA

View Full Version : Your picks for Captain America?

Rowan Intheback
2010-03-12, 04:44 PM
My friends and I were discussing the upcoming Captain America movie recently after hearing that Hugo Weaving is in negotiations to play Red Skull. I was wondering who everyone would want to play Cap as he has not officially been announced yet and we are free to dream.

My pick would be Aaron Eckhart. To me he is Steve Rodgers, he has the voice, the look and especially the chin and jawline to be cap. I know are a lot of other good actors out there but I really can't see anyone other than him. So I'd love to hear some of your ideas.

chiasaur11
2010-03-12, 04:50 PM
Ryan McPartlin.

He's already Captain Awesome.

Captain America wouldn't be too incredibly huge a stretch.

Nerocite
2010-03-12, 04:54 PM
Chuck Norris.

Starscream
2010-03-12, 05:06 PM
My pick would be Aaron Eckhart. To me he is Steve Rodgers, he has the voice, the look and especially the chin and jawline to be cap. I know are a lot of other good actors out there but I really can't see anyone other than him. So I'd love to hear some of your ideas.

That's actually a really good one. I'll cast my vote for him.

SolkaTruesilver
2010-03-12, 05:13 PM
Christoph Waltz (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_Landa)

/thread

Telonius
2010-03-12, 05:14 PM
Too late for it now, but Jeremy Irons would have been terrific earlier in his career. (Say, around 1990 or so). Honestly, I always thought Simon was pretty close to Captain America, as far as looks go.

TheThan
2010-03-12, 05:29 PM
Howie Long (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howie_Long) would make a great captain America.

he's got that All American appearance and the huge build to fill costume.

SolkaTruesilver
2010-03-12, 05:32 PM
I meant Christoph Waltz for Red Skull, obviously.

He wouldn't be a good Capt America.

KnightDisciple
2010-03-12, 05:34 PM
Ryan McPartlin.

He's already Captain Awesome.

Captain America wouldn't be too incredibly huge a stretch.

Of the ones suggested so far, this one I like the most.

You know why?

Because, unless they wildly alter things, Cap isn't 50+ when he de-ices (well, technically, yes, he is, but you get what I mean). He should still be fairly young.

And McPartlin is still around the right build (Cap doesn't need to be a huge muscle-stacked dude; that extra whammy is the serum) and such.

Finn Solomon
2010-03-12, 09:02 PM
I really like Aaron Eckhart for Cap.

Mando Knight
2010-03-12, 09:16 PM
Chuck Norris.

1.) The Cap is always clean-shaven.
2.) Chuck Norris is not.
3.) See the problem?

Cheesegear
2010-03-12, 09:27 PM
Actually, I like John Cena for the role. Does that make me a bad person? :smallconfused:

He's apparently not as big a of d* if he can keep his shirt on (he can't).

Otogi
2010-03-12, 09:35 PM
John Krasinski seems like a pretty good choice.

Soterion
2010-03-12, 09:39 PM
Chris Pine. He's got the build, and we already know he can play a captain.

chiasaur11
2010-03-12, 09:56 PM

I can see it, but he's got too much hellraiser in what work I've seen of his to fit a guy as staid as Rodgers.

Starscream
2010-03-12, 10:12 PM

That might work as well. I expected to hate him in Trek, but he actually won me over. The trailers made him look like a smug jerk. In the film he was a smug jerk, but he was a smug jerk with style. Kirk in a nutshell.

But Eckhart looks like Captain America, y'know?. Just give him a haircut and he'd be the spitting image.

Starfols
2010-03-12, 11:21 PM
Robin Williams. :smallamused: coolface.jpg

Soterion
2010-03-12, 11:21 PM
Robin Williams for Bucky!

Thanatos 51-50
2010-03-12, 11:30 PM
I just had a hilarious mental image of Johnny Depp as Captain America.
Please don't hurt me.

industrious
2010-03-12, 11:36 PM
I don't know whether to hurt you or give you a medal.

Adam Baldwin, maybe?

Amiel
2010-03-12, 11:56 PM
I just had a hilarious mental image of Johnny Depp as Captain America.
Please don't hurt me.

Medal, definitely medal.

Actually, Nathan Fillion for Captain America!

Soterion
2010-03-13, 12:04 AM
Nathan Fillion can't be Captain America, he's Canadian!

He could be Guardian, though.

Amiel
2010-03-13, 12:13 AM
It doesn't matter what nationality he is, it's all about what's inside/the heart.

He'll make a brilliant Captain America, and you know it.

KnightDisciple
2010-03-13, 12:17 AM
Eh. Fillion's a.)too skinny by nature, and b.)too snarky by default.

Steve's very straight-laced. Ryan McPartlin actually seems a decent choice because he seems like he can play a very straight-laced character.

Dr.Epic
2010-03-13, 12:19 AM
I really like Aaron Eckhart for Cap.

I nominate this guy's avatar.

Also, they still haven't picked an actor yet?!?!? The film is supposed to be out next year!

As for my pick I say Robert Downy Jr., Edward Norton, or Chris Hemsworth.

Amiel
2010-03-13, 12:22 AM
Eh. Fillion's a.)too skinny by nature,

Nothing good square meals and weight gain can't fix. Come on, actors/actresses shed or gain weight for roles all the time.

and b.)too snarky by default.

Well, remember that people said that Heath Ledger wasn't at all appropriate for the role of the Joker?

Fillion's snarkiness is probably more a product of his casting roles rather than his own personality.

Starscream
2010-03-13, 12:28 AM
As for my pick I say Robert Downy Jr., Edward Norton, or Chris Hemsworth.

I want Norton to play Animal Man. I recently re-read Morrison's brilliant and surreal run on that comic, and all I could think of is how perfect Norton would be as him onscreen.

Seraph
2010-03-13, 12:30 AM
reb brown, clearly.

Dr.Epic
2010-03-13, 12:32 AM
I want Norton to play Animal Man. I recently re-read Morrison's brilliant and surreal run on that comic, and all I could think of is how perfect Norton would be as him onscreen.

http://arikia.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/facepalm1.jpg

Hawriel
2010-03-13, 12:34 AM
Im one of thoughs peaple who can recognize almost every actor, but I can never remember their names. In conversations its always yeah that guy who played bob in some such show. He would be awsome. I did some googling and found a pick I thought would be great.

Mark Valley.

He was in Boston Legal and is now in Human Target. When I first saw him in Boston Legal I thought he should be Captain America. He may be a little to old. However it gives his Captain athority. It is believable to have him be 30 + years old.

http://www.fox.com/humantarget/

Ryan McPartlin

A little young looking and to long in body. however some muscle building could change this. He is a good choice.

Chris Hemsworth

Yeah I know he is already Thor. And thats cool. Im just saying he would be a great Steve Rogers.

Huh well crap I just looked on IMBD and its Jim from the Office.

John Krasinski

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1024677/

Amiel
2010-03-13, 12:37 AM
Speaking of Boston Legal; what do people of thinking of casting James Spader in the titular role?

Soterion
2010-03-13, 01:09 AM
James Spader would make one hell of a Henry Peter Gyrich.

starwoof
2010-03-13, 01:20 AM
Steven Tiberius Colbert would make the perfect Captain America.

Thanatos 51-50
2010-03-13, 01:30 AM
Medal, definitely medal.

Actually, Nathan Fillion for Captain America!

Apparently, I'm not the first and only one to think about it, though.
:smallfrown:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22johnny+depp+as+Captain+America%22&btnG=Search&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=

A most excellent idea, Not-Ted!

Finn Solomon
2010-03-13, 03:10 AM
I hereby switch my vote to Nathan Fillion.

Actually, the fan-trailer got it spot on. Nathan Fillion would have made an excellent Hal Jordan. Hal's supposed to be utterly fearless, cocky and charming. Ryan Reynolds just doesn't seem the type for me.

pita
2010-03-13, 07:29 AM
Either Aaron Eckhart or Alexander Skarsgard. I don't really care which one, I think they would both be perfect. Skarsgard is a little younger, so he could be better. He's also got experience as an army guy in Generation Kill, and he's very recognizable due to True Blood, and slightly Zoolander.

Liffguard
2010-03-13, 07:52 AM
Put me down as another in favour of Aaron Eckhart.

Mando Knight
2010-03-13, 08:42 PM

He's already got the shield, and is America. (And so can you!)

Soterion
2010-03-13, 09:32 PM
I heard a rumor, maybe on aintitcool, I don't remember, that Colbert was going to be busy working on Michael Bay's live action adaptation of some obscure comic character, "Tek Jansen". Apparently Colbert is supposed to be playing "Tek". So I doubt he'll be able to play Captain America.