PDA

View Full Version : uses for cantrip

pseudodragon
2010-03-12, 05:28 PM
this is a strip of uses for cantrip that are useful.

pseudodragon
2010-03-12, 05:31 PM
you can summmon a wasp into a hat, and put the hat on an enemys head

you can tie shoelaces together

you can undo an enemys belt ( either a sword belt or their pants belt, maybe even both)

you can make a flame appear in your hand, and set them on fire

Crimmy
2010-03-12, 06:07 PM
Forgive my ignorance, but:
What exactly is this "Cantrip"?

Also, is this a game?

Maximum Zersk
2010-03-12, 06:08 PM
Might wanna get this moved to either the roleplaying thread, or the silly message board games thread.

Crimmy - I believe a cantrip is a 0th level spell in D&D.

Crimmy
2010-03-12, 06:19 PM
Ah. I see. :smallredface:

Temotei
2010-03-12, 06:38 PM
There are far too many uses for prestidigitation to list.

pseudodragon
2010-03-12, 08:58 PM

prestiditation is a terrible replacement for cantrip.

and i neleieve someome re created cantrip on one forum.

golentan
2010-03-12, 09:03 PM
prestiditation is a terrible replacement for cantrip.

and i neleieve someome re created cantrip on one forum.

So, how are we supposed to know what it is? And this really belongs in Roleplaying Games.

The Extinguisher
2010-03-13, 12:10 AM

Prestidigitation: It can do anything, as long as what it does isn't actually useful.

pseudodragon
2010-03-16, 04:30 PM
Prestidigitation: It can do anything, as long as what it does isn't actually useful.

this is a thread on cantrip ( i don't know where people learned about predisitation ) and it is for things you can do that are useful, and help your character.

cantrip is a spell that can do minor things, ( make a wasp, undo a swordbelt, make something fall, tie, untie, etc.) and it can do anything exept something that DIRECTLY harms someone, but you can make some things happen that hurt an enemy ( make a hornet in a hat and jam it on their head) or it can make something impeading happen to them ( make their gauntlent come undone ) i think also that greatwyrm gold has re-created cantrip somewhere else. this thread is here because there can be things that people discuss about how to use cantrip. and cantrip can do lots of useful things.

golentan
2010-03-16, 04:49 PM
this is a thread on cantrip ( i don't know where people learned about predisitation ) and it is for things you can do that are useful, and help your character.

cantrip is a spell that can do minor things, ( make a wasp, undo a swordbelt, make something fall, tie, untie, etc.) and it can do anything exept something that DIRECTLY harms someone, but you can make some things happen that hurt an enemy ( make a hornet in a hat and jam it on their head) or it can make something impeading happen to them ( make their gauntlent come undone ) i think also that greatwyrm gold has re-created cantrip somewhere else. this thread is here because there can be things that people discuss about how to use cantrip. and cantrip can do lots of useful things.

So, how are we supposed to know what it is? And this really belongs in Roleplaying Games.

Prestidigitation is in the player's handbook. Cantrip is something your friend made up. We don't have the text, we don't have the context. Heck, we don't even have the system. We're assuming you're talking about DnD, but we don't actually know. You've told us uses, but you haven't given us anything more than that, and you've asked us to discuss uses. YOU'RE THE OP! It's your responsibility to make the thread threadable. And this really, really doesn't belong in friendly banter.

BisectedBrioche
2010-03-16, 05:01 PM
Prestidigitation is in the player's handbook. Cantrip is something your friend made up. We don't have the text, we don't have the context. Heck, we don't even have the system. We're assuming you're talking about DnD, but we don't actually know. You've told us uses, but you haven't given us anything more than that, and you've asked us to discuss uses. YOU'RE THE OP! It's your responsibility to make the thread threadable. And this really, really doesn't belong in friendly banter.

Erm...cantrips are indeed part of the D&D Core rules. Behold; (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spellLists/sorcererWizardSpells.htm)

0-Level Sorcerer/Wizard Spells (Cantrips)

Fostire
2010-03-16, 05:13 PM

Cantrip is a first level spell in second edition AD&D (and probably first edition as well). In terms of what you can do with it it's pretty much equivalent to third edition's 0th level spell prestidigitation.

And yes, this thread belongs in Roleplaying Games.

golentan
2010-03-16, 05:19 PM
Erm...cantrips are indeed part of the D&D Core rules. Behold; (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spellLists/sorcererWizardSpells.htm)

No, I know that. I meant that the Specific Thing he is clearly referencing is distinct, being clearly an individual spell rather than a class term for 0th level spells. And the terminology thus is confusing in addition to being ambiguous.

Fostire, that's handy, thanks.

pseudodragon
2010-03-26, 08:42 PM

i did not make cantrip up, so maybe you should look it up in a rulebook. ( 1st or 2nd edition D&D)

Roland St. Jude
2010-03-26, 08:45 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: This thread is out of place, lacks relevant information, and is formatted like a game rather than a discussion. Thread locked.