PDA

View Full Version : The World of Darkness

Moose Fisher
2010-03-12, 07:42 PM
So, I decided to grab the World of Darkness PDF while it was still free (http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product_info.php?products_id=1124&it=1). Now I have to get to reading it.

I'm more of a Call of Cthulhu guy, but I've heard good things about several of the WoD lines (Especially Changling and Giest).

To those with experience in WoD, what can I do with a plain mortals game; what do you think about the system and various lines; how can I pitch a mortals/WoD game to my group if I feel like running something?

comicshorse
2010-03-12, 09:51 PM
I'm playing in a Changeling game at the moment and I absolutely love the background for it. I'm fairly happy ruleswise, I liked the OWoD rules and these seem the same but more streamlined.
A mortals/changeling game could be fun and plenty of opportunities to give them an edge with pledges. To pitch it, ' you're playing in the real world, its your job to step into it and find out what's REALLY happening'.
Or to quote one of my favourite comics. "It's a much weirder world than anybody realises. Let's keep it that way"

Gaiyamato
2010-03-13, 12:56 AM
Mage is my favourite. To be honest the rest of the mortals are either overdone or too soft and squishy. If you look at even level 5 Vampire Disciplines or what Mages can do the rest of the creatures in the WoD are quite lame.
Though I only play the old WoD. Cannot stand this new la-di-da one.