PDA

View Full Version : Warblade in Pathfinder

EpicEvokerElf
2010-03-13, 12:13 AM
I'm interested in playing a Warblade (ToB) in the Pathfinder system, and I don't know how it measures up to the new fighter. Would it benefit from a little extra muscle (a few bonus feats, perhaps, or the PF Fighter's Weapon and Armor Training) to make it competitive with the caster classes and the new rogue?

Thank you,
E3

Cedrass
2010-03-13, 12:19 AM
Not at all. ToB classes are perfect as they are for Pathfinder. Just modify it's Hit Die (d12 is a little Barbarian perk, leave it like this :smalltongue:) and give him feats every 2 levels as normal Pathfinder characters.

With the extra feats, he'll still rock out much more than a Fighter.

Edit: Oh and do note that there is no more any limits on how many AoO you can make on a single enemy, so you can use this to your advantage. It's what my friend and I did, and we are the main killers of the party when there's a big baddy that needs attention :smallwink:

EpicEvokerElf
2010-03-13, 02:27 PM
I know he's probably better than a fighter, but I'm looking more at balancing him with respect to the other classes, specifically rogues (who got a very nice bump in PF) and casters (wizard and cleric or druid).

I'm still curious about adding Weapon Training and Armor Training at some interval, to that end; do you think that would affect its balance aversely? I feel like that would go quite a ways towards putting it on par with casters, although they'll still crush it like they always do.