PDA

View Full Version : Ravenloft BBEG, optimized bardic built.

dota600
2010-03-13, 05:21 AM
Hi OOTS fans, I am a new here and a newbie D.M, I was assigned to D.M next month and I need help to make an optimized built for this BBEG of mine.

My players are mostly powergamers and as of now they(and me) are at lvl 12 and maybe going to 13 to 15 when I will takeover. I myself am not that into powergaming but I am that guy that is into creating interesting characters and I can say that I make characters that though are not at par with theirs to strength and power, I make it with roleplaying and being the party funny and troublemaking guy.

As of now, one of my friend is the D.M but he tires of being a D.M in 6 straight months. So far I was voted to be the D.M so here I am asking for help. :3

I am planning on throwing them in the Ravenloft campaign setting and introducing them to many NPC's that maybe or not be a part of their group. Along the way, I am creating a new domain that is just south of Sithicus with a Bard Darklord with her curse that she will never and always will never be the center of attention in the music world(that infuriates her with intense jealousy that she burns or cause disastrous events in the tavern or place that a musical performance is held in where she just lost or is thrown out of the spotlight).

So far it depends if they will team-up or they will oppose the bard since she will try to befriend them and make them her groupies or something. I plan on making her incredibly good both at the music, buffing, debuffing, spells and is slighly capable of melee and range. What I hand in mind is if ever she is in combat, she will dominate enemies(befriended), have 3 to 4 songs activated in one time, have insanely high save dc spells, throw quickened and/or heightened spells and reroll the enemies dice rolls if they ever had a good roll.

So I came up with this optimized(or not) build of the BBEG bard, being a Bard2/Virtuoso9/Marshall1/Seeker of the song3/Sublime Chord5. I also plan her to be a Dhampir(denezins of Darkness) which adds a 2 to her challenge rating(which makes her CR 22).

So far, I do not know if this build is okey, or if it will be wreck since I am new on powergaming and on DMing so I am here to ask for advice and help for both being a good DM and being a good challenge. Thanks OOTS fans in advance.

PinkysBrain
2010-03-13, 05:40 AM
I am planning on throwing them in the Ravenloft campaign setting and introducing them to many NPC's that maybe or not be a part of their group.
Hmmm ...

So far it depends if they will team-up or they will oppose the bard since she will try to befriend them and make them her groupies or something.
A CR22 DMPC in the party? They better be epic by that time or it's not going to make for a lot of fun for the players.

Also I fail to see an actual campaign in what you describe.

being a Bard2/Virtuoso9/Marshall1/Seeker of the song3/Sublime Chord5.
Just curious, how are you getting the perform ranks for early entry into virtuoso?

dota600
2010-03-13, 06:01 AM
Hmmm ...

A CR22 DMPC in the party? They better be epic by that time or it's not going to make for a lot of fun for the players.
I myself plan for her to be either a single encounter at lvl 17(if they ever try fight her) or have befriended people(groupies) at her back if they are at 20.

Also I fail to see an actual campaign in what you describe.

So far, I do not know how the story will unfold since I am quite a new one in making up stories. I am also afraid that I may railroad them with me not knowing it so I am still thinking an open-ended campaign so far. Any suggestions?

Just curious, how are you getting the perform ranks for early entry into virtuoso?

I just noticed it needs 10 ranks on perform. >.<

That is something that I have not noticed since I skimmed on the classes and barely read the requirements. It appears I have to make her a bard 6/marshall1/virtuoso9/sublime chord4 or seeker of the song 4. Thanks for pointing that out.

I do not know if this build is okey so far.

dota600
2010-03-14, 06:43 AM
bump, Please help. ;_;

Saph
2010-03-14, 06:51 AM
If you're going for power, you typically enter Sublime Chord no later than level 11, otherwise you lose most of the benefit of the improved spellcasting. So take a level or two of Virtuoso early, then take Sublime Chord at levels 11 and 12, and then continue with whatever class you want to continue the Sublime Chord's spellcasting progression.

Do note that playing an high-level arcane caster effectively requires a fair bit of skill, so if she's going to fight the party, make sure to prepare thoroughly and load up on defensive buffs or they'll one-shot her.

Other than that, it depends what you're trying to do, really. That's one encounter, but it's not enough for an adventure or a campaign.

PinkysBrain
2010-03-14, 07:56 AM
The Seeker of the Song has an ability around which you could build a potential campaign BTW. Presumably they will want to get home. Stuff like banishment doesn't work, but song of solitude might ...

Spellcasting obviously is the optimal route to power, but some good items help a lot (cube of force is nice). She doesn't have to be alone either, one of her slaves can be a spellcaster. I like the bard 5/dirge singer 5/seeker of the song 10 setup for the non-spellcasting bard.

dota600
2010-03-14, 08:12 AM
I do not know, but I myself am not sure how the campaign will go. Anyway here is the outline(or plot).

I have plans for them to encounter a magical fight(duergar and/or drows, or any evil race fighting off guards with the villains having an EL 5 higher than the P.C's) on the street of a port city. The robbers however will not try to waste time on killing the P.C's and will put escape as their first priority, they will and always escape. Because of the incident, they will be called by the local lords because they are witnesses of the incident(at the expense that they will branded conspiring and part with the evil-doers). The Local High guards will see that they are exceptionally talented characters(lvl13 to 15) and will ask them to help retrieve the cape of Leshnor and the dagger of Arita. Scry wont work on the enemies so the party are then tasked to go to sea with some local volunteers because the local isle may hold the robbers and because they may recognize them efficiently.

Unknown to them, the robbers are already taken by the mist and with the party being lost at sea by the mist at the edge of Sargasso sea. Some encounters with aquatic monstrosities with EL 2 higher than them may put them at the edge and capsizes the ship. I will however make the Sargasso seaweeds so dense that they will able to walk on it. Of course the terror will somehow make them go find land quick along with the survivors(if the NPC's survives). I will put the group at odds with random "holes" at the sargassum seaweeds and a few clues(+1 Dwarven Waraxes, or drow Spider silk cloaks) at what happened to the robbers which(I hope) will motivate them to move forward(or sideways).

At that they will arrive at the south of a swampy beach, southwest of the core in which a new domain has formed south of Sithicus. Unknown to them, the Magic items are already held somewhere out of reach unless they persevere to retrieve it.

I do not know, does my campaign sound cliche? Does it have plotholes or is it a tad too weak at some part or does it need a rewrite?

Thanks by the way for the suggestion of the sublime chord and the dirge singer/seeker of the song however. :smallredface:

PinkysBrain
2010-03-14, 08:43 AM
Personally after being transported to Ravenloft and finding out I'm stuck in a relatively unhospitable plane I wouldn't really be in the mood for a side-quest hook (what you describe is not a campaign, they have no personal investment in these events) immediately as I walked into the first village I could find ... either as a player or as the in game character.

Which is not to say I find it a bad hook or quest.

dota600
2010-03-14, 09:34 PM
Well I do not know, I myself am having a hard time thinking of a better way of introducing them to that plane. :smallfrown:

Of course I do not want to transport my players in reasons that are less to none(whisked away while sleeping, miscast of teleportation, etc). I was thinking of a better way but this is one of the plot that I have come up with.

Is there a better way for me to introduce them to such a setting? Or a better quest hook or campaign? Any suggestions?

Thanks for that by the way.

wizuriel
2010-03-14, 09:49 PM
What about making the bard a dirgesinger (LM). No one alive likes her performance so naturally she needs to convert everyone to an undead state to listen to her.

edit: If looking to make PC want to go more maybe have her try to break out of Ravenloft and her actions have dire consequences to the material plane. Than the players need to find a way to get into Ravenloft and stop her.

dota600
2010-03-14, 10:24 PM
What about making the bard a dirgesinger (LM). No one alive likes her performance so naturally she needs to convert everyone to an undead state to listen to her.

The idea that I am having is that when she enters a tavern(or any place of entertainment) she will be the star for a moment because of being a superb musician and entertainer, then she will be cast to the side because someone along who is not that good at music(but catches the 'flavor' of the crowd) gets the spotlight. The bard of course just slunk in the corner just telling herself that she herself knows better music than all this "pretenders". That is until she heard from some of the audience that her favored music is inferior to the one that is playing right now(which eventually makes her snap:smallfurious:).

Then the burning of the tavern happens or suddenly everyone becomes undead or something else, while a sinister tune is playing at the background with her smiling gloomily in a dark alley way.

To tell the truth, I got this idea from one of the P.C's sister when I had a chat to her. She is a good pianist and told me that she likes classical music, however she seethes with anger and jealousy when she is hearing Rock and Hip-Hop music and does not waste the time of telling me that those kind of
"noises" is destroying everything that is cultured in our society.:smallbiggrin:

edit: If looking to make PC want to go more maybe have her try to break out of Ravenloft and her actions have dire consequences to the material plane. Than the players need to find a way to get into Ravenloft and stop her.

errr.... I am very sorry, but I do not get the idea, can you re-clarify what you meant?:smallredface:

wizuriel
2010-03-14, 10:51 PM
errr.... I am very sorry, but I do not get the idea, can you re-clarify what you meant?:smallredface:

I'm going off memory here but if I remember right there is this lich wizard as one the dark lords on Ravenloft. The guy is obsessed with breaking out. One of his attempts caused numerous explosions and greatly rearranged Ravenloft (the change from 2E to 3.0). Maybe have a similar idea for the bard. Her agents managed to steal some kind of device which she is using to try and gain freedom from her prison. She she uses the device and for a second it creates a hole between Ravenloft and the normal material plane. Unfortunately for her the location of the hole is some random part of her realm and only open for a few rounds. She doesn't manage to actually get out before it closes, however numerous undead monsters and mist elements do get out and start creating trouble in the material plane. The device takes a long time to recharge so she can't just keep trying. Eventually she tries it again with similar results. Have one of the areas the random monsters attack be a city important to the PC's.

So the PC's to try and stop this need to find a way to get into Ravenloft and either help her escape (which would help them escape also) or stop her.

So instead of having the PC's just appear in an evil inhospitable plane, it in a roundabout way comes to them and gives them the option to deal with it or suffer the consequences of not. Once the PC's start to investigate and find one the weakened areas between the planes have them get pulled in and end up in some random tavern (Ravenloft is easier to break into then out of)

dota600
2010-03-15, 01:14 AM
I do not know, Ravenloft mostly exist as a secret realm that normal P.C's do not know if it is true or not. I dont want to tell them outright that they will end up in Ravenloft since 'some' of the P.C's have this tendency to metagame and do things that are out of character if their P.C's are in danger. I will make it that their campaign would end up finding the source of the energy of evil or the area in where the undead comes only to end up in the misty portal and arrive to the Bard Darklords domain. Is it Okey that way or is it Nay?

PinkysBrain
2010-03-15, 08:09 AM
Or a better quest hook or campaign? Any suggestions?
I think the best campaign goal is simply getting out ... it's almost certainly what the players will want for their characters and it will take a whole lot to dissuade them from it. Of course along the way they can get pulled into battles not their own, suffer some curses, descend into depravity and hopelessness and probably suffer a TPK ... but their goal will probably be to get out and occasionally dangling a carrot with the possibility is the easiest way to pull them along.

If it's good enough for the D&D cartoon, it's good enough for them.

As for getting pulled in, why not introduce your BBEG in the real world? They go to put a stop to her, encounter her in some hideous ritual and mist rises up and bam ... they are all transported to Ravenloft.

They stumble around for a while, get pulled into adventures, discover how Ravenloft works and find out the BBEG from before possesses a domain now and could be the key to their escape (as I said before, that 10th level Seeker of the Song ability could potentially represent a ticket out of Ravenloft for others ... but not herself ... what would be the price she asks for voluntary cooperation though?).

When they arrive I wouldn't immediately go for quest hooks ... just make them fight for their lives for a while, stumbling around a land they don't know. Instil some horror into them.

dota600
2010-03-16, 05:10 AM
I think the best campaign goal is simply getting out ... it's almost certainly what the players will want for their characters and it will take a whole lot to dissuade them from it. Of course along the way they can get pulled into battles not their own, suffer some curses, descend into depravity and hopelessness and probably suffer a TPK ... but their goal will probably be to get out and occasionally dangling a carrot with the possibility is the easiest way to pull them along.

If it's good enough for the D&D cartoon, it's good enough for them.

I am not sure about that, some of them are like masochist. Well I will see if I can create something that will make them want to get out of Ravenloft in as little time as they could.

As for getting pulled in, why not introduce your BBEG in the real world? They go to put a stop to her, encounter her in some hideous ritual and mist rises up and bam ... they are all transported to Ravenloft.

They stumble around for a while, get pulled into adventures, discover how Ravenloft works and find out the BBEG from before possesses a domain now and could be the key to their escape (as I said before, that 10th level Seeker of the Song ability could potentially represent a ticket out of Ravenloft for others ... but not herself ... what would be the price she asks for voluntary cooperation though?).

I am not sure if I would like the bard to know them at all in the first place before they arrive. But I would like them somehow being coerced by the little Darklord of doing her bidding(assassination of a musician by burning the orphanage in where he works, preventing other bards from entering the town in where she is performing), at the cost of showing them a way out.

Though I do have doubts if i will dupe the players into going on a deathtrap(abandoned mines full of salt wraiths, cave collapse everyone almost die), or if I am really going to give them a mean to return back to where they came from(as you suggest a portal she heard[bardic knowledge] that shows up randomly during the time of the moon etc).

When they arrive I wouldn't immediately go for quest hooks ... just make them fight for their lives for a while, stumbling around a land they don't know. Instil some horror into them.

Should I make the encounters overkill(permanent ability drain, energy drain, horrors, monstrosity or curses) or should I create an atmosphere of pure dread(Backward mens following them but out of reach at all times, Bastellus invading their dreams, horror saves every other day)?

PinkysBrain
2010-03-16, 05:34 AM
I am not sure about that, some of them are like masochist.
Don't they have family, friends, kingdoms, whatever to get back to?

dota600
2010-03-16, 08:06 AM
Don't they have family, friends, kingdoms, whatever to get back to?

Well, as for this time, most of us and my friends are more into action(rollplay) and does not go into details about their backstory so most of them have little to no reason to go back to their respective land except from escaping the demiplane of dread.

I do like to ask for back stories when I DM however but I am not sure if they will take their stories seriously or such.

I do lean more on roleplaying that is why I picked Ravenloft since it has a possibility to be a good start for me(and for them) to roleplay.

CapnVan
2010-03-16, 09:31 AM
One quick suggestion - take a look at the Ravenloft Gazetteer Vol. 1 from Sword & Sorcery.

It includes a write-up of Kartakass, which happens to have a bardic orientation. I suspect you may find some inspiration there.

Petrocorus
2010-03-16, 01:02 PM
I may have missed it, but what exactly is the alignment of you BBEG? I may have a build for a CE.

jiriku
2010-03-16, 02:35 PM
I have plans for them to encounter a magical fight -- The robbers however will not try to waste time on killing the P.C's and will put escape as their first priority, they will and always escape (1). Because of the incident, they will be called by the local lords because they are witnesses of the incident (they will branded conspiring and part with the evil-doers).(2) The Local High guards will ask them to help retrieve the cape of Leshnor and the dagger of Arita. Scry wont work on the enemies so the party (3) are then tasked to go to sea (4).

Unknown to them, the robbers are already taken by the mist and with the party being lost at sea by the mist at the edge of Sargasso sea (5). Some encounters with aquatic monstrosities with EL 2 higher than them may put them at the edge and capsizes the ship (6). I will however make the Sargasso seaweeds so dense that they will able to walk on it (7). Of course the terror will somehow make them go find land quick (8).

At that they will arrive at the south of a swampy beach, southwest of the core in which a new domain has formed south of Sithicus (9).

You will have issues with your campaign. What you have outlined is a great plot for a group of 3rd to 8th level characters, and would work well if the party was in that level range. However, 13th to 15th level characters have powers that will allow them to effortlessly jump the rails of your storyline within the first half hour of gameplay. You are thinking of Conan and Kull, but the party's power level is more on par with the X-Men or the Avengers.

I added some number points to your plot outline, and I'll show you point-by-point what could go wrong. I freely acknowledge that because I know nothing about the capabilities and limitations of your party, some of these concerns may be groundless, because your PC group might not be as well-rounded as a "typical" party.

Challenges you'll face with your plot:
1) Your robbers may be unable to escape. Optimized high-level adventurers can deal enough burst damage to take enemies from full health to dead extremely quickly. Even if the bad guys flee right away, the players may move faster than they do and run them down. Even teleportation and plane shifting are no guarantee of escape, because dimensional anchor and similar spells can stop those effects.

2) If wrongfully accused of a crime they didn't commit, the players may choose to skip town instead of facing justice. With their power level, they can probably travel to other continents and even other planes faster than you can tie your shoelaces.

3) If scrying doesn't work, players may choose to use other, more powerful means of information-gathering, such as divination, legend lore, and discern location. You'll need to either be prepared to give them the information they seek, or be willing to offer them knowledge checks to explain possible reasons why their mightiest magics are useless, else the players will cry foul on your for railroading. Also, they may use magic to search out the items, rather than the robbers.

4) High-level adventurers don't need boats to cross oceans. They have much faster and more reliable ways to travel. Additionally, why would anyone reasonably suspect the robbers to be on a nearby island if they can't be found even through magic?

5) High-level adventurers don't get lost. They use magic or gigantic Survival bonuses to find their way. High-level parties also don't generally get stranded in a sargasso. They either conjure up some magical wind to get themselves going or they use magic to move the sargasso out of the way.

6) OK, even assuming that you convince the players to take a boat rather than using their own resources, typical high-level parties can repair a sunken boat, even if it gets smashed into matchsticks. Also, if it's their only encounter of the day and they aren't caught off guard, a typical optimized party will easily crush an EL+2 encounter. Those encounter guidelines in the DMG that you're looking at only work if the party is conserving its resources in order to handle 3-4 encounters per day.

7) High-level adventurers don't need to walk to get from place to place. Nor is travelling underwater much of an inconvenience. They may fly over your sargasso or swim underneath it. Or just call it a wash, teleport back to base, and charter a new boat.

8) Frankly, you can't count on them to hurry onward. They may do so if they're goal-oriented, but they're not likely to be scared. The environmental threats you've planned just aren't dangerous to a resource-rich group, and high-level characters are quite capable of operating in the wilderness for extended periods of time without support.

9) It's risky to count on the party to go to a particular location of your choice, especially if you expect them to arrive at that location essentially by accident and not by their own design.

The chief weakness in your plot outline is that you aren't taking into account the incredible array of knowledge-gathering and movement-enhancing powers that a high-level party has.

You need to build a plot that EXPECTS players to use their powers and is even driven by the likely use of those powers. For example:

Perhaps no one knows where the robbers are, but divination or contact other plane magic reveals that they are on the island, or a very difficult (DC 30+) Gather Information check can uncover their location.
Perhaps their quest-giver wants to send a large force of marines to occupy the island, so he asks the players to teleport ahead and establish a base camp using spells like wall of stone and fabricate, then return and ride with the shipload of marines as their escort and protection.
They'll have to escort the marines through the sargasso, which mysteriously appears and surrounds the entire island (and can't be avoided through mere navigation).
Their final arrival point will be, not a random place on the southwest beach, but at their prepared base camp.

CapnVan
2010-03-16, 04:59 PM
Well, as for this time, most of us and my friends are more into action(rollplay) and does not go into details about their backstory so most of them have little to no reason to go back to their respective land except from escaping the demiplane of dread.

I do like to ask for back stories when I DM however but I am not sure if they will take their stories seriously or such.

I do lean more on roleplaying that is why I picked Ravenloft since it has a possibility to be a good start for me(and for them) to roleplay.

I quote this one just for an example. But all in all, while I recognize that you're looking for a bit more roleplaying (for which I salute you!), I'm not sure you're grasping the Ravenloft thing.

The adventure taken apart just above this post is a good example. There's no horror there. Your players aren't going to crap their pants. It's a workaday, go-find-the-missing-items-and-clear-your-name quest. It has nothing that makes it feel like it's Ravenloft.

Ravenloft was very specifically designed to be different. If you're going to go to the trouble of dragging your gaming group there in the middle of their/your current campaign, you've got to make it compelling.

Otherwise, you're just wasting the setting. I don't mean that to be discouraging or offensive. I'm just saying that what you've got planned so far could happen in any campaign world. If you want to make it Ravenloft-y, you've got to go much deeper. Otherwise, stay at home!

jiriku
2010-03-16, 05:25 PM
CapnVan makes a good point.

And frankly, if you're new to DMing, it might be best to skip the whole Ravenloft thing and run the game in the standard campaign world, while simply borrowing whatever goodies out of your Ravenloft books you were planning to use. You can use creepy mist and sullen peasantfolk and a cursed bard in any setting. You can focus on role-playing challenges and character development in any setting.

Running a horror game in Ravenloft is hard, and running it for a high-level PC group is harder, and running it as the pick-up DM is harder still. I've been running role-playing games for 18 years, and I still find running a horror-themed campaign to be challenging. Cut yourself a little slack and try something easier until you're confident in your DMing skills.

dota600
2010-03-17, 06:51 AM
I myself am confused, since I heard that there are many role-playing opportunities at Ravenloft(that is what some of what my cousins told me) which is the largest reason why I choose it as the setting that i will use.

Anyway, we use Forgotten realms, how can I encourage roleplay to my players in such a setting in where "blam magic BLAM!!" and in where "Elminster shows up, saves the day".

As for now I am still thinking up of a good way to create an adventure but I myself know that I lack skill so... yeah.

Petrocorus
2010-03-17, 07:18 AM
Anyway, we use Forgotten realms, how can I encourage roleplay to my players in such a setting in where "blam magic BLAM!!"

Give them a problem that cannot be solve by BLAM. Or a BBEG who will not be Evil but really more powerful than them, someone they will have to negotiate with.
Or create a David Xanatos.

and in where "Elminster shows up, saves the day".

Elminster is in Cancun, busy having fun and drinking beer.

dota600
2010-03-17, 09:10 AM
Sorry for my ignorance but who in the world is David Xanatos. o.0

All I can imagine as of now is David Hasslehoff with a wizard hat(naked). :smallfrown:

Eldariel
2010-03-17, 09:28 AM

All I can imagine as of now is David Hasslehoff with a wizard hat(naked). :smallfrown:

You finding that out is all a part of his plan. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/XanatosGambit) Also...that is not the first association I would have.

Petrocorus
2010-03-17, 10:05 AM

Xanatos (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/XanatosPlannedThisIndex) planned you to ask the question.

Your PC are already powerful, so, instead of outpowering the characters, trick the players.

dota600
2010-03-17, 11:03 AM
Xanatos (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/XanatosPlannedThisIndex) planned you to ask the question.

Your PC are already powerful, so, instead of outpowering the characters, trick the players.

Make the P.C's think that they have won, but instead they are just furthering the plan of the BBEG. Appears to be a challenge. >.<

Then I need to ask some more background stories on their characters, then.

"Luke, I am your father."

"No!!!"

..... or maybe not that one. :smallbiggrin:

Petrocorus
2010-03-17, 12:06 PM
Make the P.C's think that they have won, but instead they are just furthering the plan of the BBEG. Appears to be a challenge. >.<

Then I need to ask some more background stories on their characters, then.

"Luke, I am your father."

"No!!!"

..... or maybe not that one. :smallbiggrin:
It's the BBEG who need background and high mind stat.
And not to be evil but chaotic neutral, only motivated by greed. Detect Evil is so easy.
For example, the 2 first episode of Star Wars:

1] Sidious try to conquer Naboo thru the Federation, he fails, but he actually succeed to have Palpatine become Chancelor, his real goal.
2] Dooku try to make a secession, because the Senate is corrupted (by who!), the Jedi interfere and they finally start the Clones' war, and the Senate give full power to Palpatine which was exactly Sidious' plan.

These are Xanatos Gambit, the whole Star Wars prequel is an enormous Xanatos Gambit by Sidious. But of course, with the level of power of your PC, they have a wide array of means that you have to manage or to take in consideration.

The TVTrope's pages can gives you examples, maybe you can find some ideas that will not be messed up by a single true seeing.
You already have a beginning of backstory for your bard. Having her seducing one (or better two) of them is a good idea. But you will not do this just by rolling a dice.

CapnVan
2010-03-17, 06:19 PM
Please, please, don't use Star Wars as a basis for any kind of plot construction.

Please.:yuk:

dota600
2010-03-17, 08:01 PM
One of us use it to a great extent and have our laugh for days.

:xykon:BBEG: "POWER!!!!!"
:miko::durkon::elan::haley::vaarsuvius::thog:All of us being electrocuted HARD: "AAAAUUUUGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!"
:xykon:BBEG: "UN.LI.MI.TED!! POWER!!!!!!!"

And yes, I am not going to use Star wars.:smallbiggrin: