PDA

View Full Version : A Turning Point

SoD
2010-03-13, 08:35 AM
Recently, over the past few weeks, it has sucked to be me. Within the space of two weeks, I've spent more on my car than it's worth on having it serviced, only to have it break down a few days after, making me have to fork out another few hundred bucks.

Me and my girlfriend broke up, rather messily.

My grandmother passed away.

My grandfather (on the other side of the family) had a malignent invasive melonoma removed from his back.

I wasn't accepted into this years UNI review (last year I was, and I loved it. I was looking forward to this years more than I was anything else [birthdays and Christmas included] this year).

So, yeah. A few dark weeks. I was picking up knives at work (to cut bread. I work at Subway), and finding myself thinking 'this could cause me pain, so easily. It could make me bleed...so easily.........I should put it down.'

So, I've decided; to move on. To keep a smile, keep on walking high, wear hawaiian shirts, and cool hats. My grandfathers cancer removal went well, they think they removed it all. My grandmother had been mentally gone for the past few years, so she's better off now. I'm back on speaking terms with my ex (although I haven't actually seen her yet). I probably wouldn't've had time for the review this year anyway, and would've really struggled, especially tossing up two part time jobs, and UNI itself as well. And I've just organised to go get a coffee with a cute girl I met the other day, who's new to the area.

Just felt like sharing.

Graymayre
2010-03-13, 08:46 AM
Just goes to show that doors open when windows close.

It's great to hear that everything turned around. Congratulations to your Grandfather too! Malignant Melanoma is like the Sauron of skin cancers. He must be a real trooper to get through it.

Maximum Zersk
2010-03-13, 08:57 AM
Just goes to show that doors open when windows close.

It's great to hear that everything turned around. Congratulations to your Grandfather too! Malignant Melanoma is like the Sauron of skin cancers. He must be a real trooper to get through it.

Wouldn't it be look for the silver lining?

Or maybe a glass half empty is also a glass half full...

Anyway, it's good to see you're looking at the bright side of things... Damn it, another one!

Atelm
2010-03-13, 11:04 AM
Sad to hear about the bad things, but, as always, life has a way of turning for the better eventually.

Hope everything continues to go well for you, SoD. :smallsmile:

Erts
2010-03-13, 11:35 AM
Ouch :smallfrown:
All of that was very sad, hope that your life improves.
Remember, before you are tempted to do anything to hurt yourself, we're all here for you.

Froogleyboy
2010-03-13, 11:44 AM
We're always here, if you need to vent