PDA

View Full Version : My Immortal

Amiel
2010-03-13, 09:40 AM
You have existed since Time's Dawn; your memory itself stretches back eons. The Time Before Time remains fresh in your conscious; you predate the very gods themselves.

Fashioned from the primal beginnings of the stars themselves by a loveless and distant creator and neglected for Antiquity, the incredibly ancient you has always yearned for companionship, for friendship, for love.

You feel each emotion keenly, it can twist as a dagger in the small of your back, or it can blossom into the radiance of a million dawns. Your creator perhaps keenly aware of his remoteness and knowing no other way to ask for forgiveness made you hypersensitive to each and every feeling; so that you may experience tremendous infinite joy and limitless sorrow.

You have loved a countess plurality; all of them your true loves. You have known friendship of the truest sort; enemies of the vilest nature. Each one crumbling as dust before your eyes, leaving weeping motes of light.
You loop upon existence with eyes of hourglass. You have seen mountains flatten, seas boil away; the very stars dim and die before your very gaze.

What path will your eternity take? What steps will you tread; to undreamed shores, to glittering waters, to the infinite horizon.

Will you persist unto Infinity, towards the Inexorable End Times? As the only survivor within a multiverse grown cold.
Will you try to render yourself mortal?
Will you try to satiate your emotional hunger?
Or will you be content in yourself? Firmly convinced it is better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all. That every single being within the Cosmos has within themselves enough to fill the present day with joy, and overspread the future years with hope.
That even in darkness, every colour can be found.

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us"

Where beams of imagination play,
The memory's soft figures melt away

kamikasei
2010-03-13, 09:57 AM
I disagree.

tyckspoon
2010-03-13, 09:58 AM
Chocolate!

This is going to be a very silly thread.

pffh
2010-03-13, 10:07 AM
Any relation to this http://myimmortalrehost.webs.com/ horrible fanfic?

Amiel
2010-03-13, 10:08 AM
Any relation to this http://myimmortalrehost.webs.com/ horrible fanfic?

Obviously not.

kamikasei
2010-03-13, 10:39 AM
Obviously not.

"Obvious" is not a word I would use to describe the purpose of your post.

SparkMandriller
2010-03-13, 10:47 AM
The thread's too deep for you, is that it?

It's too deep for me. :(

Glimbur
2010-03-13, 10:58 AM
I shall dedicate my life to the highest form of art. I shall proclaim it from the mountaintops, I shall whisper it in the silence of a sepulcher, and I shall not rest until all know the glory of the pun.

Choco
2010-03-13, 11:03 AM
Well, if something's lifespan was "infinite" then their minds would ideally be designed to cope with it. Where you really get to the fun is when you take someone that was supposed to be mortal, like a human for instance, and give him immortality. I am sure this person would have a blast for maybe even the first couple hundred years, but once you start hitting the millions and billions he would likely be looking for a way to die.

taltamir
2010-03-13, 11:05 AM
are you asking if we want to be immortal given the choice?

wait... was that, perhaps, a poem?

RebelRogue
2010-03-13, 11:40 AM
Well, if something's lifespan was "infinite" then their minds would ideally be designed to cope with it. Where you really get to the fun is when you take someone that was supposed to be mortal, like a human for instance, and give him immortality. I am sure this person would have a blast for maybe even the first couple hundred years, but once you start hitting the millions and billions he would likely be looking for a way to die.
That's when you decide to personally insult every sentient being in the universe. Alphabetically!

Yora
2010-03-13, 11:44 AM
Or you try what happens when you attempt to write googolplex as a natural number.

peacenlove
2010-03-13, 11:52 AM

Or devote your long life into lofty ideals such as fighting all evil/good/law/chaos (outsiders), or amassing as much knowledge as possible (liches), while purging yourself of any emotions that would hinder you in the process.

EDIT: To the OP. I would try to find creatures with a condition similar to mine. They would make great eternal companions and implacable friends, if i am charismatic enough.
Failing that, i will question myself of why i failed my creator and try to redeem myself, so i can have the right to be amongst his creations once again.
Immortals should never hunt the fleeting.

Slayn82
2010-03-13, 11:53 AM
Living forever, in the scales that you suggest, Amiel, is a burden so terrible, but as the time pass, even the hiper emotionality would dull, into a mind numbing apathy and boredon.

And, no matter where you live, the amount of life experience you accumulated would make you utter alien to all other beings. As you look at the events happening around you, you can see its conclusions, as someone that was forced to see the same play MILLIONS of times, and probably your words would be utter filled with disgust for the plot. So, you would make your own plots.

You would conspirate to make nations rise and fall for your amusement, would hide secrets whose payoff would be centuries ahead. Knowing the laws of the universe so well, you would create terrible beasts. One time you would be King, Emperor, God. Other times, traveller, beggar, hermit. Sometimes you would love the existence, other times you would utterly despise it.

And, when all of those games started being boring again, you would sleep, and let the cosmos change, to awaken in a time where maybe something NEW would appear.

Yora
2010-03-13, 12:14 PM
There are lots of old stories in which really angry people cursed really bad people. And it seems to be almost always with immortality. Even the european concept of hell is a variant of immortality. (While heaven supposedly is immortality with the added benefit of being suited for such an existance.)

Dogmantra
2010-03-13, 12:32 PM
That's when you decide to personally insult every sentient being in the universe. Alphabetically!

Then you go on a wacky non-canon adventure where you try to get Thor to kill you.