PDA

View Full Version : Spectre Alert

UndeadCleric
2010-03-13, 03:22 PM
I was in an evil game a little while ago and I was a 16th level cleric which could cast greater create undead.
I killed a couple people to get a spectres under my control. I then nearly killed others before letting one of my spectres kill them. The people would then become spectres under my spectres control. I was only controling a few spectres which were controling other spectres, etc. In this way I had as many spectres under my control as I wanted to. :smallsmile:
Does anyone know of any rules which would make this illegal?

Zexion
2010-03-13, 03:23 PM
I do not believe so. I'm pretty sure that is legal.

deuxhero
2010-03-13, 03:24 PM
No, but even one "dieing" is going to result in a bad day.

Lysander
2010-03-13, 04:08 PM
Yeah, you'd have to be really careful to preserve any spectres controlling other ones for you. Plus, an enemy could use Command Undead or a cleric could command them to turn your own forces against you just by targeting the head spectres.

Hand_of_Vecna
2010-03-13, 09:36 PM
Just make sure you buff up your head spectres and protect them well. Immunity to energy drain would be a good investment too.

This is a very cheap and powerful tactic but, the best way to exploit it is probably to be the head spectre or shadow (same trick works) yourself.

UndeadCleric
2010-03-13, 11:37 PM
Another question, which would take priority a sorcerer/wizards "command undead" spell or a clerics command undead ability?

2xMachina
2010-03-14, 05:44 AM
I think you opposed check for it.

KillianHawkeye
2010-03-14, 12:46 PM
Opposed Cha check, same as if a guy's been dominated by 2 wizards.