PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 (x64) // Diablo II LoD

Quirinus_Obsidian
2010-03-13, 04:28 PM
I purchased a new copy of DII (origianal) and was able to install it without problem. The game shipped with the 1.12 patch already setup.

I had a old version of DII LoD that I tried to install, and it gave me the following wonderfully inaccurate error: "you must install diablo II before installing diablo II: lord of destruction..."

I installed the application to 3 separate directories:
C:\program files(x86)\diablo II\
C:\program files\diablo II\
C:\blizzard games\diablo II

I have also given full access to the user account that is going to be playing the game, and the problem persists.

The only other thing that I can think to do would be to run it in a virtual machine, like an old WinXP Sp2 machine.

Does anyone have an idea? I have exhausted other possibilites.

JupiterJazz
2010-03-13, 04:37 PM
Enter both of your CDkeys into the new battle.net website so you can D2D them . I don't believe you'll be able to play the amazing eastern sun or medium XL mods with the D2D version though.

Quirinus_Obsidian
2010-03-13, 04:42 PM
thanks Jupiter :smallbiggrin: I am downloading now.

Domochevsky
2010-03-13, 05:37 PM
Hm... this sounds like the registry isn't written properly, thus the addon can't find the correct entry. This happens when you use different user accounts for installation and playing.
Since it's a pretty old game you will most likely have to install both game and addon as Administrator (rightclick, you know the drill).

Quirinus_Obsidian
2010-03-13, 06:16 PM
Enter both of your CDkeys into the new battle.net website so you can D2D them . I don't believe you'll be able to play the amazing eastern sun or medium XL mods with the D2D version though.

That worked absolutely perfectly. Thank you everyone for your help!!! :smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin:

JupiterJazz
2010-03-13, 08:29 PM
NP man glad I could help.