PDA

View Full Version : -3.5- Potions + Baking = Win?

Deth Muncher
2010-03-13, 04:50 PM
It's commonly accepted that Potions are not the only way you can have a consumable item grant you an effect from a spell - Unearthed Arcana (or CMage, I forget) said you can do anything to represent a potion or a scroll -be it a clay tablet you break or what have you. My question is this: What created foods do you think work best for holding spell effects? By created, I mean something that's baked, friend, brewed or what have you into being.

tahu88810
2010-03-13, 04:52 PM
Cookies of Cure Light Wounds
Kool-Aid of Vigor "Ooooooohhhhh yyyyyyyyeeeaaahhhh"

Graymayre
2010-03-13, 05:00 PM
It would be cool to see base foods that give similar capabilities.

Carrots could give darkvision. Garlic could be hide from undead or something similar. Apple could be Fox's Cunning or Owl's wisdom. Anchovies could be Bear's endurance.

rubycona
2010-03-13, 05:00 PM
Nom cookies!

I'm thinking All the Cure spells should be cookies.

I'm thinking meringue puffs for Cure Light Wounds
Sugar cookies for Cure Moderate Wounds
Chocolate Chip cookies for Cure Serious Wounds
And fudge cookies with chocolate icing for Cure Critical Wounds :)

Cieyrin
2010-03-13, 05:05 PM
The source for alternate storage is Complete Arcane, actually.

As for the best storage, for me, anyways, is as magical fruit, as then you can make tarts and pies and so on.

Speaking of, The Neoclassic had a good thread about such things a good while ago that you could look through, if you so wished: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6758286

Yukitsu
2010-03-13, 05:07 PM
Pills. Pills here! Piiiiiiiilllllls!

L4D aside, I'd like my potions put into various basic ingredients. That way I could make potion pizzas, and eat a slice of various buffs all at once.

Tinydwarfman
2010-03-13, 05:08 PM
Speaking from a strictly utility standpoint, all spells should either be in hypodermic needles or inhalers to cut down delivery times to about a move action.

I do like the idea of Cigarettes of Arrow Mind though - the perfect accompaniment to any gunslinger. From a food standpoint, you can't go wrong with Spinach of Bull's Strength. :smallbiggrin:

Octopus Jack
2010-03-13, 05:16 PM
Potion pizza is an awesome idea!
Also coffee coffee coffee of haste haste haste

AslanCross
2010-03-13, 05:25 PM
Speaking from a strictly utility standpoint, all spells should either be in hypodermic needles or inhalers to cut down delivery times to about a move action.

While they don't mimic spells per se, the Bloodspikes from Magic of Eberron are essentially hypodermic autoinjectors. The Tempo one is pretty awesome as it gives a free Move action to the recipient that can be taken any time within an hour of the dose.

Anyway, for necromancy buffs: Betamax. (http://www.blogalag.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/02/12/20080211betamax5x.jpg)
(It's congealed pig's blood sold as street food in this country. And no, I won't touch it at all. I think it's repulsive. :smalleek: )

Starscream
2010-03-13, 05:31 PM
Goodberry Pie sounds tasty.

Kobold-Bard
2010-03-13, 05:42 PM
A doughnut you keep at the hand end of your sword blade. When you run it up the blade and off the end it ascts as an Oil of Magic Weapon.

The doughnut is your reward for winning :smallcool:

Thurbane
2010-03-13, 05:45 PM
Also coffee coffee coffee of haste haste haste
Beer of Heroism! :smallbiggrin:

Goodberry Pie sounds tasty.
LOL for real at that one! :smallsmile:

Raiki
2010-03-13, 05:47 PM
Pills are definitely the best option. If you can make the Craft (Alchemy) DC (which was fairly high, IIRC, though that might have been homebrew to be honest) then you can make a conveniant way to gain multiple spells at once. Who here hasn't taken 4-5 aspirin at once?

~R~

Cieyrin
2010-03-13, 05:59 PM
Pills are definitely the best option. If you can make the Craft (Alchemy) DC (which was fairly high, IIRC, though that might have been homebrew to be honest) then you can make a conveniant way to gain multiple spells at once. Who here hasn't taken 4-5 aspirin at once?

~R~

Taking multiple pill potions to me sounds like grounds to bring back Potion Miscibility (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/20060401b). :smallwink:

FoE
2010-03-13, 06:00 PM
There is ... interesting food here.

Kobold-Bard
2010-03-13, 06:02 PM
Taking multiple pill potions to me sounds like grounds to bring back Potion Miscibility (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/20060401b). :smallwink:

So you might explode, bu you might get a permanent spell effect.

Totally worth it :smallbiggrin:

Thurbane
2010-03-13, 06:05 PM
Character pops a pill and can fly...or is it all in his head? :smallbiggrin:

Slayn82
2010-03-13, 06:18 PM
No, of course to fly you must drink RED MINOTAUR.

Deth Muncher
2010-03-13, 06:23 PM
No, of course to fly you must drink FIGHT THE RED MINOTAUR AND DRINK ITS BLOOD TO GAIN WINGS.

This may be closer to the truth. :D

Cieyrin
2010-03-13, 06:24 PM
So you might explode, bu you might get a permanent spell effect.

Totally worth it :smallbiggrin:

Hey, if it's a risk you're willing to take, who am I to stop you from doing so, eh? :smallbiggrin:

Kobold-Bard
2010-03-13, 06:29 PM
Hey, if it's a risk you're willing to take, who am I to stop you from doing so, eh? :smallbiggrin:

You might get a permanent Stoneskin/Fly/Animal's Stat Bonus Effect. People survive explosions all the time, totally worth it.

--------------
Flapjacks of Barkskin
Remove Poison Vodka

waterpenguin43
2010-03-13, 06:36 PM
Grapes of Wrath Heroism?

Cake of invisibility?

Curry of Fire-Breathing?

The ideas are endless.

Yora
2010-03-13, 06:41 PM
Icewind Dale has Potions of Remove Disease called "Mom's Tea".

Starscream
2010-03-13, 06:44 PM
No, of course to fly you must drink RED MINOTAUR.

Ever see the movie The Last Unicorn? How about a can of Red Bull that summons that thing. You'll get wings alright, as soon as it sends you to the afterlife.

Itous
2010-03-13, 06:49 PM
has anyone seen the "something's cooking" game idea?

with the calzone golem, maybe you guys should get a food monster post going, starting with a flying spaghetti monster, would be cool to see one of them.

Itous

Deth Muncher
2010-03-13, 06:54 PM

with the calzone golem, maybe you guys should get a food monster post going, starting with a flying spaghetti monster, would be cool to see one of them.

Itous

But if you give a god stats, it means you can kill it! And you can't kill the FSM.

Deca
2010-03-13, 06:54 PM
An apple of Remove Disease.

An apple a day keeps the doctor away after all.

Kobold-Bard
2010-03-13, 06:55 PM

Itous

I have genuinely fought a blancmange dragon in a church. After this the idea for a Steak & Kidney Troll became a long running thing.

Itous
2010-03-13, 06:57 PM
these monster concepts are amazing LOL! and no you can't kill the FSM

there should be a pastamancer class :)

Deca
2010-03-13, 06:59 PM
these monster concepts are amazing LOL! and no you can't kill the FSM

there should be a pastamancer class :)

A pastamancer would probably be a cleric of FSM. Not entirely sure what the domains would be though.

Itous
2010-03-13, 07:01 PM
wow i'm suprised there are so many people who know of the FSM on here, i'm truely impressed i might start a thread to tell you the trueth, what would a jello golem be classed as? an ooze?

Deca
2010-03-13, 07:10 PM
wow i'm suprised there are so many people who know of the FSM on here, i'm truely impressed i might start a thread to tell you the trueth, what would a jello golem be classed as? an ooze?

I would class it as a Construct but give it Ooze-like abilities.

AslanCross
2010-03-13, 07:31 PM
I would class it as a Construct but give it Ooze-like abilities.

It's kinda moot, since most construct and ooze traits overlap. It would probably have an engulf attack, though.

Deca
2010-03-13, 07:33 PM
Hasty rough stat-up:

Jelly Golem
Size/Type: Large Construct Ooze
Hit Dice: 4d10 +32
Initiative: -2
Speed: 30ft
AC: 7 (-1 Size, -2 Dex)
Base Attack/ Grapple: +5/+10
Attack: Slam +4 Melee (2d6)
Space/ Reach: 10ft/ 10ft
Special Attacks: Engulf, Berserk
Special Qualities: Construct Traits, Ooze Traits, Damage reduction 5/adamantine, Blindsight 60ft, Immunity to Magic, Immunity to Electricity
Saves: Fort +9, Ref +1, Will +4
Abilities: Str: 18 Dex: 7 Con: 0 Int: 0 Wis: 11 Cha: 1
Skills:-
Feats: -
Environment: Any
Organisation: Solitary or gang (2-4)
CR: ?
Treasure: Gives off nourishing jelly when it dies. 5d6 worth of jelly trail rations from the corpse.
Alignment: Always Neutral

oxybe
2010-03-13, 07:36 PM
Cake of invisibility?

the cake is a lie! (ie: all potions baked in cake form have a chance of being cursed)

Zexion
2010-03-13, 07:38 PM
Chocolate Chips of Time Stop.
Chicken Soup of Empowered Empowered Wish

Zexion
2010-03-13, 07:39 PM
Also, Spray-On-Icing of Wail of the Banshee... because it tastes so bad.

Gnorman
2010-03-13, 07:41 PM
A pastamancer would probably be a cleric of FSM. Not entirely sure what the domains would be though.

Feast? Gluttony? Hunger?

Thurbane
2010-03-13, 07:43 PM
Favored weapon would need to be something spaghetti like....whip or similar.

I believe his followers are called Pastafarians.

Kobold-Bard
2010-03-13, 07:44 PM
A can of Squirty Cream that does a colour Spray effect.

Zexion
2010-03-13, 07:45 PM
@Gnorman:
DracoDei did a Domain Of Food a while back... here it is:
Granted Powers: Can cast the following spells 2/day each: Create Water, Purify Food/Drink (As a bonus also gets rid of bitterness or excessive seasoning?)
1 Detect Food
2 Create Food and Drink (high quality)
3 Ray of Vomiting
4 Neutralize Poison*
5 Stone to Flesh**
6 Hero Feast
7 White Snake
8 Greater Hero’s Feast
9 Nectar of the gods
* Ingested and Contact Only
** In situations where this spell would normally produce an undefined fleshy substance it instead produces raw meat of supreme quality, caster’s choice of any type of meat she has eaten at least once.

Detect Food
Divination
Level: Food 1
Components: V,S,DF
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 60 ft.
Area: Quarter circle emanating from you to the extreme of the range
Duration: Concentration, up to 10 minutes/level (D)
You detect substances you can eat or drink. This will detect living creatures but only if you have eaten such a creature before and could reasonably expect to defeat it if you faced in a battle to the death with yourself naked, weaponless and without magic or psionics, fleshed undead are detected as spoiled meat if you have ever eaten a member of that species. Thus you could theoretically detect ghouls made from humans if you have ever eaten human flesh, but skeletons or ghosts could not be detected. The amount of information revealed depends on how long you study a particular area, subject or place:
1st round: Presences or absence of food.
2nd round: Number clumps of food and tastiness of the one you like best.
3rd round: The volume and tastiness of each piece of food in area. Also gives indication if any of them are poisoned with ingested or contact poison. This is an indication for the area as a whole and not for any individual piece of food in it. Tastiness levels:
Tastiness Aura Strength
Spoiled Dim
Unpalatable Faint
Average Moderate
Tasty Strong
Gourmet Extreme
4th round: The type of each piece of food. Which pieces of food, if any, are poisoned.
5th and later rounds: May make one attempt per poisoned food item to identify the poison used (See Detect Poison). You may only make one attempt per round and only one attempt for each poisoned item. Note that if you have the Alchemy skill then each attempt actually might consist of two rolls.
Note: Like all the other detect spells this one can penetrate barrier but has its limits. If the caster has been unable to obtain food for at least 2 days then double the thicknesses, or if they are within 5 days of starving to death then instead triple them.

Greater Heroes Feast
Evocation
Level: Food 8
Casting Time: 10 minutes
Duration: 24 hours
This spell is identical with Heroes Feast except as follows:
• Heals all HP instead of only some.
• All 12 hour durations in it change to 24 hours
• +2 (un)holy bonus to STR, CON, and INT for 24 hours provided by food.

Ray of Vomiting
Enchantment (Compulsion)
Level: Food 3, Wiz/Sor 3
Components: S, M?, DF
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Short (25ft +5ft/2 levels)
Target: One creature
Duration: 1d4 rounds or until resisted
Save: Special
Spell Resistance: Yes
Your ray causes the creature struck to spend one round doing nothing but vomiting, retching, and spitting. Although much more disgusting the practical combat effects of this are mostly equivalent to a Daze spell that allows no save (at least not on this first round). The vomitus may also be slick or in extreme cases might eat (extremely strong stomach acid) or burn (Remorhaz) into whatever it touches (GM’s digestion… er I mean discresion). In such cases or just for effect the GM may allow the creature a will save to aim stomach contents as a range touch attack. The maximum range is equal to the creature’s reach and thereis no increment. Note that with the exception of thri-kreen almost all breathweapons are separate from stomach contents and are not considered to be proficient weapons. In any case any creatures that have been swallowed or are in the creatures mouth are ejected immediately. Each additional round up to the 1d4 duration the target is allowed a Fortitude save to end the effects. On the third round(if any) the DC is decreased by 1, and on the fourth round (if any) the DC decreased by 1 more for a total of 2 less than the original DC.
Material Component: a root from the alum plant, this is actually not strictly required but without it the range changes to touch. This is a critical distinction since touch attacks from within the craw or stomach of a creature are almost always automatically successful.

Nectar of the gods
Transmutation [See Text]
Level: Food 9
Components: V, S, M, DF
Range: Touch
Target: One bottle containing at least 20 vials worth of (un)holy water.
Duration: Until discharged or 2 hours / level* , 24 hours

Temporarily transforms (un)holy water into a potion of great power. The potion may be utilized in one of two ways. It can be drunk or it can be used as a grenade like missile. For the duration the bottle is considered to be a Breaker Bottle and anyone who handles it has the command word mentally communicated to them.
Drinking it requires a full round action and it immediately has the same end effects as a Greater Heroes Feast on the imbiber with the following exceptions (there is no one hour delay, just the one full round to quaff):
• Quaffing is sufficient to provide all the benefits even though there is nothing to eat.
• +2 (un)holy bonus to WIS for 24 hours
• +4 (un)holy bonus substituted for the +2 bonus to ONE of STR, CON, or INT (casters choice at time of casting, the other two are still +2)
• drinker gains 3d8 temporary hitpoints (as per Aid) for 24 hours
• functions as per the second effect of Protection from Good/Evil/Law/Chaos. (blocks any attempt to possess the warded creature or to exercise mental control over the creature. Likewise the barrier keeps out a possessing life force but does not expel one if it is in place before the potion is quaffed.)
• acts as a Regenerate Light Wounds ( p.92 Master’s of the Wild) with a 24 hour duration.
• Again: all effects are without delay.

If used as a grenade like missile then it has the following effects:
Splash: Acts as a Holy Word, Dictum, Word of Chaos, or Blasphemy depending on what modifier it was memorized with on creatures struck by splash only. It also functions as a bottle with 20 vials worth of (un)holy water would if used as a grenade like missile. If cast as a Good spell after these effects are resolved, against undead ONLY it acts like a Heal spell on them (and so damages them). If cast as an Evil spell after these effects are resolved, against living targets ONLY it acts like a Harm spell on them.
Struck directly: As per above but Holy Word, Dictum, Word of Chaos, or Blasphemy functions at increased effect as if under a Maximize Spell and Empower Spell effects and save versus Heal/Harm effect failed then it always leaves them with only 1 hitpoint remaining.

The standard rule about this being memorized as a ONE of the following only (per spell slot) applies: Good, Evil, Law, or Chaos.
Material Components: If cast as a Good spell: The bottle of Holy Water (at least 20 vials worth)(not consumed), 1 lb of honey, 1 pint fine red wine (costs 10 gp, see p. 108 PHB)
If cast as a Law spell: Bottle of Holy or Unholy Water (at least 20 vials worth)(not consumed), 1 lb of honey, 1 pint fine bubbly wine (Like Champaign for example, costs 10 gp, see p. 108 PHB)
If cast as an Evil spell: The bottle of Unholy Water (at least 20 vials worth)(not consumed), 1 gallon of distilled spirits( 2 gp worth), 1 pint fine wine (costs 10 gp, see p. 108 PHB)
If cast as an Chaos spell: The bottle of Unholy or Holy Water (at least 20 vials worth)(not consumed), 10 gp worth of mead
*This is the ‘shelf life’ before it reverts back to being (un)holy water, not the duration of the effect if and when drunk.

White Snake
Conjuration (Creation)
Level: Food 7, Drd 7
Duration: 3 hours/level* or until discharged + 1 hour/level
Components: V, S, DF, F
Range: Touch
Target: Platter/Bowl touched
Creates a dead snakelike creature with pure white scales on the platter/bowl cut up one piece per 3 caster levels. Each of these pieces if consumed acts as per Speak with Animals on the eater with a duration of 1 hour per level of the caster of White Snake. In addition it grants a +4 enhancement bonus to charisma for the purpose of any interaction with animals for the duration and gives a +1 enhancement bonus to intelligence to any animals within 10’ feet of the eater. This last bonus is considered on a round-by-round basis without regard to where the animal was before that time. In other words whether the animal left the radius, and/or was in the radius at the time of eating of the piece of the snake is irrelevant.

Cleric Focus: A silver platter with sliver cover worth at least 200 gp.
Druid Focus: A wooden bowl at least 1 foot in diameter made of Oak, rowan, ash, or yew.
*This is the shelf life before any remaining pieces of the snake vanishes, not the duration of the effect if eaten.

Deca
2010-03-13, 07:50 PM
Feast? Gluttony? Hunger?

Also, Beer. We need to get a Beer domain.

Zexion
2010-03-13, 07:51 PM
Beer? Perfect. Perhaps based slightly on the Madness domain? It's not SRD, so I don't think I can say any more. It's in Deities and Demigods, though.

Flickerdart
2010-03-13, 07:56 PM
the cake is a lie! (ie: all potions baked in cake form have a chance of being cursed)
http://www.gamesprays.com/images/icons/Thumbnail_icon264.jpg

Use a Mimic.

taltamir
2010-03-13, 07:57 PM
isn't one of the alternate potions a square made of ceramic that you crush in your hand to activate? much better than eating if you ask me.

deuxhero
2010-03-13, 08:00 PM
Steak of Bull's Strength?

Zexion
2010-03-13, 08:00 PM
How big is the square?

deuxhero
2010-03-13, 08:01 PM
Chicken Soup of Death Ward (It protects the soul (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Ptitle0t9r68ih))

Zexion
2010-03-13, 08:03 PM
:smallbiggrin: That's pretty funny. :smallbiggrin:

Set
2010-03-13, 08:05 PM
Beer Potions of Healing sounds fun.

"Okay, you get back 13 hit points, but now you have a -2 to Dex and Wisdom checks for the next hour, and the Rogue is looking kinda hot..."

Remember! Friends don't let friends potion-goggle!

Deca
2010-03-13, 08:18 PM
Beer? Perfect. Perhaps based slightly on the Madness domain? It's not SRD, so I don't think I can say any more. It's in Deities and Demigods, though.

Beer Domain
Granted Power: Wis, Int and Cha gain +2 while cleric is drunk
1: Remove Fear (A shot of courage)
2: Enthrall (They can't resist the allure of a good lager)
3: Glibness (Only in the deepest depths of drunkendom are the best lies produced)
4: Confusion (Get 'em drunk)
5: Dominate Person (You'll be surprised what some people will do to get beer)
6: Heroes' Feast*
7: Insanity (A potent brew indeed...)
8: Mind Blank (Attacking the mind of a drunken man is like trying to punch fog)
9: Sympathy (Beings come from far and wide to sample your beer)

*The Heroes Feast must be only beer and certain foods that have been cooked or soaked in beer.

TamerBill
2010-03-13, 08:29 PM
Icewind Dale has Potions of Remove Disease called "Mom's Tea".

What? It's Mummy's Tea. As in shambling bandaged-wrapped dead guys? It's distilled from their bandages or some-such.

Zexion
2010-03-13, 08:32 PM
What? It's Mummy's Tea. As in shambling bandaged-wrapped dead guys? It's distilled from their bandages or some-such.

If you say so... :smallbiggrin:

deuxhero
2010-03-13, 08:48 PM
Coffee of lesser restoration.

dragonfan6490
2010-03-13, 08:59 PM
The best food to bake potions into is...fudge cookies. Baked by Elves.

Randel
2010-03-13, 09:11 PM
Enlarge Person - A tiny cake with the words 'Eat Me' written on it in frosting.

Reduce Person - A bottle of juice with the label 'Drink Me'

True Seeing - A blue pill

Sanctuarl - Garlic or Limburger

Mind Blank - A red pill

Mage Armor - A cookie shaped like a star.

Bulls Strength - A can of spinach

Owls Wisdom - A tootsie-roll pop (only if you can find out how many licks it takes to get to its center)

Expeditious Retreat - Chilly dog

Fox's Cunning - Fried roadrunner drumstick

Water Breathing - Gingerbread Man

Locate City - Box of bread crumbs (or just a loaf of bread)

Endure Elements - Campbells Chicken Soup

Remove Fear - Beer

Protection from Good - Cigar

Protection from Evil - Brussels Sprouts

Levitate - Ever Fizzy Drink

Fly - Underdogs Super Energy Pill

Heroism - green vegetables (or spinach)

Water Walk - Fish Sticks

====

Actually, Gingerbread men could be used for expeditious retreat, water walking, and any other spells to help you escape from enemies.

taltamir
2010-03-13, 10:16 PM
How big is the square?

Not specified, complete arcane p138 lists various alternative potions:

Magic Tiles: A small ceramic tile inscribed with a magic rune could hold a potion-type effect. When it is snapped or broken in one’s hand, the effect is released.
thats all it has to say about it. likewise with fruit, etc.

Tao the Ninja
2010-03-13, 10:57 PM

No no no. All cakes are cursed. And poisoned, have you ever listened to the recipie?

Tao the Ninja
2010-03-13, 10:58 PM
Too bad Tensers Transformation is too high for a poition: Can of Spinach Of Tensers Transformation and Rage

taltamir
2010-03-13, 10:59 PM
that WOTC article explaining what potions do when mixed... did you read the ingredients mentioned? bile of troll? vinegar? ugh... how can anyone drink that...
ill take it in "external use only" form thank you very much.

Itous
2010-03-14, 04:00 AM
Yes the FSM's followers are called Pastafarians

the food (feast / gluttony / hunger) Domain seems intresting i like what i am seeing with that same with the beer Domain infact

the ceramic tiles are Diminutive sized and thus could fit into the size of your hand

i am so glad to see people getting together for this.

i think there should be a "pastamancer" class, which would be some sort of rouge / wizard combo

i will raise a few notes i think are worthy

Pastafarians tend to make small edible versions of the FSM (normall some kind of cookies) in a D&D world wouldn't you be able to animate these with some kind of animate food spell comicly named "don't play with your food" or something?

the FSM also has pirate followers and being pirate like, eating in general.

so maybe pastamancers would have spells and skills which could be applied to things such as raiding ships or something.

but thats just me other wise we would have an increase in the planets temprature.

personally i am not to sure which is best to follow the cleric route or the making your own class route, which do you guys think?

oxybe
2010-03-14, 04:26 AM
pasamancer? it's been done... sorta (www.kingdomofloathing.com)

also, sauceror

Kobold-Bard
2010-03-14, 05:22 AM
...True Seeing - A blue pill

Mind Blank - A red pill...

You may have got these mixed up, but the list was still very impressive.

golentan
2010-03-14, 05:25 AM
I am deeply, deeply ashamed that I'm saying this. And moreso that nobody has said it in three pages.

Magic. Brownies.

Quirp
2010-03-14, 05:52 AM
Too bad Tensers Transformation is too high for a poition: Can of Spinach Of Tensers Transformation and Rage

The Master Alchemist class from Magic of Faerun can brew potions of spells up to 9th level: Time Stop Cookies!

Itous
2010-03-14, 12:47 PM
ok so who wants to write out how much all these lovely munchies are worth also being how much exp and gold they will cost to make and the value for selling something like this? also what checks and spells are needed.

also anyone got any ideas for an exploding acid cake caused by a laser trip wire i know lasers don't technically exisit but aren't illusions just focuses light? and as a result should't i be allowed to focus one colour in a very thin line?

oh yeah POWERFUL ACID! proximity (trigger activated) explosive runes i would of imagined maybe when you read the words "Happy Birthday" it explodes or something, i dunno i was hoping to get close and have it blow up. Could kill some people with that

Itous
2010-03-20, 05:34 PM
c'mon no one has an idea for an exploding acid cake?

and yay for magic brownies, c'mon this post was on a roll don't let it die

*casts true ressurection on the post*

Deth Muncher
2010-03-20, 06:29 PM
I mean, really, these things have no different costs or creation times than scrolls or potions of the spells to begin with. It just so happens that they're a different kind of consumable item.

Fayd
2010-03-20, 06:48 PM
The Master Alchemist class from Magic of Faerun can brew potions of spells up to 9th level: Time Stop Cookies!

Time Stop Coffee. You know you want to.

Deth Muncher
2010-03-20, 06:48 PM
Time Stop Coffee. You know you want to.

Fact: Time actually DOES stop if you drink 100 cups in one day.