PDA

View Full Version : Let's Play: Civilzation III - Conquests

Ponce
2010-03-13, 11:32 PM
Civilization III, the third installment of Sid Meier's deific Civilization series of games. We'll be playing it, along with its expansion packs, Play the World and (more importantly) Conquests.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/7a/Civilization_III_Coverart.png

Wikipedia Page. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civilization_III)
Civ Fanatics. (http://www.civfanatics.com/)

This will be a video LP with a focus on mechanics. The game will proceed in one of two fashions, depending on how you guys vote. I turn barbarians OFF mostly because I dislike goodie huts. The tech they offer brings too much randomness to the game, in my opinion.

Aggression will be normal. Difficulty will be Regent (yeah yeah, har har, I suck). Active victory conditions will be Conquest and Cultural. Culturally linked start locations are ON, Preserve Random Seed is On, Cultural Conversions are On, Scientific Leaders are ON. Everything else is OFF. AI aggression is NORMAL.

I don't plan on taking this LP into the Late Game. Probably early industrial, depending on what you guys pick.

Voting:
Civilization Strategy:
1) Warmonger. Utterly destroy our foes. The seas shall run red with blood. The rivers shall be clogged with human entrails. Conquest Victory. Map size will be Tiny.
2) Peaceful Builder. Build a sophisticated nation to last through the ages. Use negotiation to outlast the other nations and shine like a gleaming beacon of evolution and enlightenment. Player will not start any wars, and will seek peaceful resolutions wherever possible. I'm not very good at negotiating peace, so if you pick this option, I may end up losing. :smalltongue: No promises. Cultural Victory. Map size will be Standard.

World:
Water coverage: 60, 70, or 80 percent.
Landmass type: Pangaea, Continents, or Archipelago.
Climate: Arid, Normal, or Wet.
Temperature: Warm, Temperate, or Cool.
Age: 3, 4, or 5 billion years. (Affects erosion levels. Older planet = fewer mountains)

Civilization:
Since I'm turning barbarians off, I strongly suggest against picking an expansionist civ, unless you really want to see me work for it, and that's fine too. :smallwink:
Picking a civ in line with your Strategy selection is also appreciated, but, again, not mandatory. :smallamused:
For those of you unfamiliar with the game, here is a complete list: Rome, Greece, Germany, China, Japan, India, Aztecs, Iroquois, Mongols, Scandinavia, Celts, Carthage, Sumeria, Netherlands, Byzantines, Maya, Egypt, Babylon, Russia, America, France, Persia, Zululand, England, Spain, Ottomans, Arabia, Korea, Hittites, Portugal, Inca or RANDOM.

Opponents:
You can pick any civs from the above list you want to see. This is optional, if there isn't any voting in this category, I'll just set them all to random.

Seed:
You guys can pick the Seed for the map. This is just a random number that acts as an anchor for generating the random map. Not sure what the max value is, but try to stay on the range of 0 to 9999999999, as this seems to be the upper limit of what I can enter. Could pick a birthday, a number of cultural or personal significance, whatever strikes your fancy. :smalltongue:

Respawn AI Players:
On or Off. Allows eliminated AI players to reenter the game.

Preferred Government:
Player will try to get to this government as soon as reasonably possible, and will stick to it. Since this is not going into late game, Democracy, Fascism, and Communism aren't good choices - I probably won't make it to those techs. And, no, Anarchy or Despotism aren't good choices, either. :smalltongue: Your choices are: Feudalism, Monarchy, or The Republic.

Flickerdart
2010-03-14, 04:19 PM
The Republic, Warmonger, AI respawn, as Mongolia. Random seed 1799. 80% water Archipelago, wet climate, cool temperature, 5 billion years.