PDA

View Full Version : I realize this is stupid, but... [3.5 Gestalt build help]

Fortuna
2010-03-14, 02:57 AM
I want to throw together a moderately powerful character for those high-power campaigns going on over in the PbP forum. Since Factotum is banned, I've narrowed it down to a few choices.

Archivist 3/Mystic Theurge 7/Cerebremancer 10//Wizard 3/Psion 7/Dwoemerkeeper (or other divine advancing class, or switch Cerebremancer to divine and use a cheesy wizard class) 10
OR
Archivist 3/Divine Cerebremancer (DM has okayed) 7/Cerebremancer 10//Psion 3/Wizard 7/Dwoemerkeeper 10
OR
Wizard 3/Cerebremancer 7/Divine Cerebremancer 10//Psion 3/Archivist 7/Incantrix, Dwoemerkeeper, Initiate of the Sevenfold Cheese, or whatever 10.

So which of these would you recommend? I want to know which one is best in terms of playability, power, and flexibility.

Tytalus
2010-03-14, 05:05 AM
What house-rules are you using? By standard gestalt rules, you both can't take two PrCs at the same time and dual-progression PrCs (like Mystic Theurge and Cerebremancer) are disallowed.

2xMachina
2010-03-14, 05:40 AM
IMO, Dwoemerkeeper is overrated. Only thing going for it is the capstone SLA with no cost. If you standard wish cheese (efreet or whatever), it's worthless. (Get your team Druid to go Planar Shepperd. Powerful besides the free wishes)

I like Incant 10 if possible. 3/3/3 for base class. 7CM/10DCM/4MT for Dual, leaving 10 for Incant.

ML 20, DCL 17, ACL 27.

PhoenixRivers
2010-03-14, 05:54 AM
Savage Bard 6 / Ur Priest 10 / Sublime Chord 4 /// / Ardent 6 / Savage Bard +4 / Ardent +10

AFB, so this is a simple build I threw together that gets 9th level arcane and psionic (off wisdom), and mid level arcane (off Charisma).

Kurald Galain
2010-03-14, 08:32 AM
This one. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3945177) Although I'm surprised your DM actually allows stuff like that.

playswithfire
2010-03-14, 10:07 AM
This one's not as powerful as Omnicaster, but I believe it only takes one PrC at a time and has no dual progression (unless Abjurant Champion counts for being full BAB and full casting)

1 wilder //bard
2 wilder //bard
3 wilder //bard
4 paladin* //bard
5 paladin* //wilder
6 ur-priest//bard
7 ur-priest//bard
8 ur-priest//bard
9 ur-priest//swordsage
10 ur-priest//wilder
11 wilder //sublime chord
12 ur-priest//wilder
13 ur-priest//wilder
14 ur-priest//wilder
15 ur-priest//wilder
16 swordsage//abjurant champion
17 wilder //abjurant champion
18 wilder //abjurant champion
19 wilder //abjurant champion
20 wilder //abjurant champion

*paladin of slaughter

Required Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Only Required Feats: Combat Casting, Iron Will, Spell Focus(evil)
BAB: +16
Base Saves: 9/10/12

9th level divine spells (Wis) at CL 14 (18 with Practised Spellcaster)
7th level arcane spells (Cha) at CL 16
7th level psionic powers (Cha) at ML 14
5th level martial stance and small group of maneuvers at IL 11

Charisma to all saves and touch AC (up to total AC)
WIS to AC in light armor

Fluffles
2010-03-14, 11:22 AM
How are you going to ignore the "paladins can't multiclass" clause?

playswithfire
2010-03-14, 11:32 AM
Uh, by forgetting it exists; moving the first paladin level from 1st to to 4th character level should fix it, though, and not break anything else. Not sure why I spaced them out like that in the first place.

Or paladin can obviously be replaced with something else, including two more wilder levels. Just seemed like a nice bit of synergy.

Updated my original post.

dspeyer
2010-03-14, 03:00 PM
Well if that's how we're doing this:
{table]bard|wizard
warblade|wizard
wilder|wizard
wilder|wizard
wilder|wizard
wilder|urpriest
wilder|geomancer
wilder|geomancer
wilder|geomancer
wilder|geomancer
human paragon|geomancer
human paragon|sublime chord
human paragon|mage of the arcane order
wilder|mage of the arcane order
warblade|mage of the arcane order[/table]

9th level arcane with full spellpool
8th level divine
7th level psionic powers
6th level martial maneuver -- just one :-(
in light armor
with dmm on arcane spells up to 4th level

This could be tweaked a lot of ways, including replacing some of those MotAOs with Geomancers and dmming all your arcane spells.