PDA

View Full Version : Random Question

Itous
2010-03-14, 04:11 AM
i made a ranged bolt spell with a range of about 5 trillion feet, this essentally can dance little loop holes around the sun, so my question is this.

how many Hit Dice does the sun have?

my spell uses th eslay seed which kills up to 80HD, for each additional 80HD is a +8 to the casting DC. so just our of curiosity

Narazil
2010-03-14, 04:21 AM
The Sun is an inanimate item, and thus does not have Hit Dice - it just has straight hardiness and hit points.

Kelb_Panthera
2010-03-14, 04:22 AM
i made a ranged bolt spell with a range of about 5 trillion feet, this essentally can dance little loop holes around the sun, so my question is this.

my spell uses th eslay seed which kills up to 80HD, for each additional 80HD is a +8 to the casting DC. so just our of curiosity

I think you need to be aiming at your local sun-god, rather than the sun itself. If the sun isn't in fact a deity or some other being in your campaign then it's an object and doesn't have HD.

EDIT: bloody ninjas, even at this hour.

Narazil
2010-03-14, 04:23 AM
I think you need to be aiming at your local sun-god, rather than the sun itself. If the sun isn't in fact a deity or some other being in your campaign then it's an object and doesn't have HD.
Unless some epic level Wizard has been extremely bored.

Edit: It's 10 in the morning here, hardly outrageous hours. :smallbiggrin:

BobVosh
2010-03-14, 04:33 AM
Unless some epic level Wizard has been extremely bored.

If this is a goal of one epic wizard, obviously there is at least one epic wizard around that has too much time. Anyway, animate the sun then blow it up. Bonus points if the same spell does both.

Itous
2010-03-14, 10:51 AM
please correct me if i'm wrong but....

if i target the sun and destroy it, pelor will no longer be the sun of the god and as a result all his religious symbols which channel the energy to him which are representive of the sun become useless. thats the theory behind it anyway.

basicly how can you be the god of the sun if the sun isn't there anymore?

Drakefall
2010-03-14, 12:13 PM
please correct me if i'm wrong but....

if i target the sun and destroy it, pelor will no longer be the sun of the god and as a result all his religious symbols which channel the energy to him which are representive of the sun become useless. thats the theory behind it anyway.

basicly how can you be the god of the sun if the sun isn't there anymore?

Well, Pelor is more than just the god of the sun. He's also got agriculture, time and such. So destroying the sun won't wipe out all of his domains. Furthermore, just because the sun is destroyed doesn't mean all his worshippers will suddenly lose faith in him all at once. A more likely scenario is that Pelor, like most other gods, will die off because you just blew up the sun and consequently killed off everyone on the planet, leaving no worshippers whatsoever.

EDIT: Oh, and being a deity and all I wouldn't put it past him to just reignite the thing and call up the inevitables to hunt you down.:smalltongue:

Octopus Jack
2010-03-14, 12:23 PM
Oh, and being a deity and all I wouldn't put it past him to just reignite the thing and call up the inevitables to hunt you down.:smalltongue:

I agree with Pelor repairing and reigniting the sun, but a stunt like what this wizard is trying to pull would be worthy of Pelor's vengence personally

Itous
2010-03-14, 12:39 PM
sounds like FUN! defantly worth a try! :D

oh yeah -ROCK PAPER SISSORS LIZARD SPOCK!- (sorry i saw it in your sig, cool game, lol)

Devils_Advocate
2010-03-14, 12:53 PM
According to Deities & Demigods, Pelor would be aware of you doing this nineteen weeks before you do it.

If I were your DM, I'd feel annoyed at you for doing something like this just because figuring out how to avoid time paradoxes when running prescient deities seems like a major headache. :smallyuk:

Glimbur
2010-03-14, 01:15 PM
I'll admit that this guy (http://wiki.white-wolf.com/exalted/index.php?title=Characters:The_Unconquered_Sun) is shirking responsibilities, and I hear rumors that he has stats which means he can be killed, but I don't think your wizard has even one Perfect Defense. You're probably only a heroic mortal, which means you'll last about as long as an actual human on the actual sun.

You're going to need a circle of experienced and powerful Solar Exalted.

Or did I get my systems crossed again?

Volkov
2010-03-14, 01:16 PM

Infinite, there is no way to disrupt the sun by hitting it with a pointy stick or a fireball.

To disrupt the sun, you need a Xeelee starbreaker pistol, which can destroy stars with glancing shots, cleave galaxies in half, utterly destroy planets in one low powered shot, and is mass produced and is indeed quite small for a pistol. The question is, if you have the guts to ask the xeelee politely for one, otherwise they go back in time and erase you from existence.

Octopus Jack
2010-03-14, 01:22 PM
I'll admit that this guy (http://wiki.white-wolf.com/exalted/index.php?title=Characters:The_Unconquered_Sun) is shirking responsibilities, and I hear rumors that he has stats which means he can be killed, but I don't think your wizard has even one Perfect Defense. You're probably only a heroic mortal, which means you'll last about as long as an actual human on the actual sun.

You're going to need a circle of experienced and powerful Solar Exalted.

Or did I get my systems crossed again?

Just abit, though it does seem like a fun thing to do in Exalted to...

BobVosh
2010-03-14, 01:29 PM
I can see the headlines:

Sun Destroyed
Vampires Abound

May I ask what Pelor has done to you? Also suggest hiding in a crystal sphere somewhere he doesn't have followers while you plan this out/research the spell. Also thanks for giving me a crazy NPC to throw into the phlogiston plotting the death of a sun god by blowing up the sun.

Volkov
2010-03-14, 01:30 PM
I can see the headlines:

Sun Destroyed
Vampires Abound

May I ask what Pelor has done to you? Also suggest hiding in a crystal sphere somewhere he doesn't have followers while you plan this out/research the spell. Also thanks for giving me a crazy NPC to throw into the phlogiston plotting the death of a sun god by blowing up the sun.
Use your xeelee starbreaker pistol to shatter the earth as well, then destroy your home galaxy. Then run from any pissed off, vengeance crazed survivors. Or shoot them with your pistol.

Glimbur
2010-03-14, 02:21 PM
Use your xeelee starbreaker pistol to shatter the earth as well, then destroy your home galaxy. Then run from any pissed off, vengeance crazed survivors. Or shoot them with your pistol.

How many shots does this pistol hold? If you're solving all your problems by blowing up the planet they live on, what will you do when you run out of bullets?

Kobold-Bard
2010-03-14, 04:19 PM
This is kind of the plot to a PbP game I'm running.

There was a big boom and all of the sudden al of Pelor's followers lost their powers. Shockwaves abound as the God's intervene directly to sort this **** out. Things go back to normal for a bit (sans Pelor) but now the sun has started getting dimmer every day.

Initially it was meant for a Level 6 start, so lots of Drow and Undead popping up. It's actually playing at Level 18, so they immediately Plane Shifted to Elysium and are currently fighting their way through Pelor's home to find out what the hell is going on.

---------------
Technically the sun should have the Fire Subtype so Cold Spells might work. Maybe an Epic version if the Incorporeal Subtype for being flaming gases.

Itous
2010-03-15, 07:53 AM
Current Range: 85,899,345,920FT (wide) x 5,153,960,755,200FT (LONG)

its current DC to cast is 6, i could always throw in the energy seed cold and destroy seed and burn more XP to take down the sun

85,899,345,920FT = some stick the sun has a diamiter of 1.4 million KM i don't know what that is in feet but i'm sure this will be intresting, if someone can tell me how big it is in feet i could be very happy so i can compare it