PDA

View Full Version : Game in not English language (Italian)

pampa
2010-03-14, 07:46 AM
Hi, Is possible, under this site rules, to start a game in a non english language?

I and my friends are dispersed on all Italy and unable to meet again around a table. So we would like to contine our gaming online. But we prefer to game into our native language...

Regards

Kobold-Bard
2010-03-14, 07:53 AM
Hi, Is possible, under this site rules, to start a game in a non english language?

I and my friends are dispersed on all Italy and unable to meet again around a table. So we would like to contine our gaming online. But we prefer to game into our native language...

Regards

It should be fine. You are allowed to use the site for private games, so I see no reason why language should be a problem.

Dogmantra
2010-03-14, 07:56 AM
If it's a game between you and your friends, you could look into setting up your own forum using a website like www.proboards.com it would be much easier, since you're not limited in terms of number of threads.

pampa
2010-03-14, 07:59 AM
It should be fine. You are allowed to use the site for private games, so I see no reason why language should be a problem.

Thank you Kobold-Bard, I prefer to ask before breacking one of the sites's rules.

pampa
2010-03-14, 08:00 AM
If it's a game between you and your friends, you could look into setting up your own forum using a website like www.proboards.com it would be much easier, since you're not limited in terms of number of threads.

Because I have no idea how to do thid.
Depict me as one with the same it knowledge as a brick

Kobold-Bard
2010-03-14, 08:13 AM
Thank you Kobold-Bard, I prefer to ask before breacking one of the sites's rules.

That's a good policy. If you're unsure it's definitely better to ask.

Serpentine
2010-03-14, 08:16 AM
Actually, I believe it's general policy to stick with English - that's what all the moderators speak, and it's hard to moderate what you can't understand. Special permission might be granted, but it shouldn't be assumed.

Roland St. Jude
2010-03-14, 09:16 AM
Sheriff of Moddingham: Please keep to English on this forum. As noted, all our moderators speak English, the same is not true of other languages. Unless there is a special exception, stick to English, please.

Unofficially, if it is just you and some friends in a closed game, unless you violate the Forum Rules or get into a dispute, we're unlikely to ever learn about it. If we do, we'll have to close the thread rather than try to translate it to figure out what's going on.