PDA

View Full Version : site time off

Erloas
2010-03-14, 10:41 AM
Its a minor issue, but is there a reason the site time is running 15 minutes slow?

I waited until DST to see if it would update then, which it did, but it is still 15 minutes slow. And I verified my time on my cell phone, Time.gov, and with my radio linked "atomic" clocks, so its not just me.

It is of course a minor issue, but it tends to lead to more page refreshes then usual because a quick glance says "oh I haven't updated this window in 20 minutes, maybe theirs a new post" when its really only been 5 minutes but the time stamps are all off.

Mercenary Pen
2010-03-14, 10:46 AM
I believe the mods are already aware of this particular problem, but considering their workload, a minor problem like this may have to wait a while. Fairly certain that the last time I saw a thread about this Rawhide- who does most of the technical stuff- responded.

I'll see if I can find a link to that thread.

Edit: Yup, here's the thread I remember on the subject (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131570&highlight=Forum+clock+misaligned).

Szilard
2010-03-14, 10:58 AM
That thread is also linked in the only reply to this thread: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142042

Mercenary Pen
2010-03-14, 11:05 AM
Also, by linking those threads at this time, we may well have foiled an April Fools prank by Rawhide...:smallwink:

Szilard
2010-03-14, 11:25 AM
Or at the very least, have a heads up. Or at least the ten or so people reading these threads. :P

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-03-14, 01:07 PM
Its a minor issue, but is there a reason the site time is running 15 minutes slow?
The clock on the server simply runs slow and needs to be reset periodically. It’s just been a while since it was reset. With a full fifteen minutes off, I’d say it’s overdue.

Worira
2010-04-11, 06:50 PM
Clock's glunked up again (still?).

SensFan
2010-04-11, 07:56 PM
As others have said, the time is pretty much constantly off, due to forum software.

Roland St. Jude
2010-04-11, 08:34 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: If Rawhide has any more to say on this, he can post after the lock, but essentially what's been said is the full story.