PDA

View Full Version : Do you like eating ice cream?

Adonis1x23
2010-03-14, 02:00 PM
I keep finding out that a lot of people I know don't like ice cream.

There isn't anything wrong with that, but I never really thought that so many people wouldn't.

So, just out of curiosity I want to do a little poll to see if how many giants like icecream.

So do you like ice cream?

Lord Loss
2010-03-14, 02:01 PM
Yes, yes I do. Vanilla = BESTEST. (though Pistachio is good too)

tyckspoon
2010-03-14, 02:16 PM
I keep finding out that a lot of people I know don't like ice cream.

Your community may have been infiltrated by pod people. Try offering them tepid water at the next social opportunity.

Graymayre
2010-03-14, 02:17 PM
Cookied-Dough... CookiesN'Cream... A man can do horrible things for a taste of such heavens.

If only they could make it a healthy treat. Then I would actually eat the stuff again :smallfrown:.

Comet
2010-03-14, 02:19 PM
Ice cream is best enjoyed in the company of at least three other people. Eating the stuff alone just doesn't have the same effect.

Eldan
2010-03-14, 02:33 PM
Cookied-Dough... CookiesN'Cream... A man can do horrible things for a taste of such heavens.

If only they could make it a healthy treat. Then I would actually eat the stuff again :smallfrown:.

Can be healty... just get a sorbet made from mostly fruit juice, no sugar.

Of course, then there is no cream involved, just ice.

Asta Kask
2010-03-14, 02:35 PM
I scream
You scream
We all scream
For ice cream!

I prefer soft ice cream.

Arti3
2010-03-14, 02:59 PM
Cheesecake ice cream with cookie dough.
To kill for.

Starbuck_II
2010-03-14, 02:59 PM
Strawberry is best for me.

Kurien
2010-03-14, 03:06 PM
Indeed I like ice cream. Never had some of the expensive artisanal kinds, though. Just your run-of-the-mill mass produced variety.

Mauve Shirt
2010-03-14, 03:23 PM
The ice cream place near my school makes excellent maple walnut ice cream that is absolutely the best!
Cookies and Cream is good, and I like Ben & Jerry's Dublin Mudslide.

Chocolate soft serve is amazing.

Mythestopheles
2010-03-14, 03:31 PM
I like Blue Raspberry Sherbet.
How can you dislike Ice Cream? I can understand disliking a flavor or so. But all flavors? Is that possible?
For clarification, I am not trying to say that that is a problem, I simply have yet to meet such a person.

Starscream
2010-03-14, 03:32 PM
I've yet to find a flavor of ice cream I won't eat, but please don't consider that a challenge.

faerwain
2010-03-14, 03:46 PM
I absolutely like ice cream, and I'm an hairy old Metalhead, so if I were you, I would be very conspicious of these strange non-connoisseurs.

Though I like all those exotic variations, the one scoop that is always mandatory is the good old lemon.

Dragor
2010-03-14, 03:48 PM
There are people who don't like ice cream?! Blimey. I have an unhealthy love affair with Ben and Jerry's, usually Chocolate Brownie or Cookie Dough. I really have to recommend Green & Blacks ice cream too, if you've got the cash to burn on ice cream.

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-03-14, 03:49 PM
MmmmmMMMmmmmmmMMMm
(that's a yes)

Favorite ice cream is brownie batter flavor mixed with cheesecake flavor with white chocolate chips. Coconut as well if I'm in the mood.

My sister once tried my mixture and nearly went into a coma. She says it's lethal, but at least you die happy.

The Rose Dragon
2010-03-14, 03:51 PM
So do you like ice cream are you actually a human being and not an alien in disguise?

Fixed it for you.

Dallas-Dakota
2010-03-14, 03:51 PM
Smurf Icecream is the best.:smallamused:

Ichneumon
2010-03-14, 03:53 PM
Strawberry beats all!

Arti3
2010-03-14, 03:54 PM
Fixed it for you.

We don't discriminate here- aliens can like ice cream too.

The Rose Dragon
2010-03-14, 03:56 PM
We don't discriminate here- aliens can like ice cream too.

Depends on the alien. Quarians can't even eat ice cream.

Kneenibble
2010-03-14, 03:59 PM
I've yet to find a flavor of ice cream I won't eat, but please don't consider that a challenge.

Have you watched much Iron Chef? They always make wierdo ice cream with the theme ingredients, I've seen tomato, eggplant, spinach, and squid ink, er, not altogether though.

I find ice cream too cloying, but I love Italian gelatti. Does that still count?

faerwain
2010-03-14, 04:01 PM
Smurf Icecream is the best.:smallamused:

When looking at your avatar, why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?

Strawberries
2010-03-14, 04:03 PM
I find ice cream too cloying, but I love Italian gelatti. Does that still count?

Hmmm, what's the difference?

And I love ice cream, by the way. Chocolate and milk!

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-03-14, 04:04 PM
Strawberry beats all!
There's always one...

Dallas-Dakota
2010-03-14, 04:05 PM
Faerwain, you mind if I sig that?:smallamused:

Yora
2010-03-14, 04:06 PM
"What's your favorite ice cream, Ollie?"

"CHOCLATE!"

"Thank you, Ollie."

Kneenibble
2010-03-14, 04:08 PM
Hmmm, what's the difference?

I don't know exactly, but the gelatti from shops in the Little Italy district around here has much more interesting and real-tasting flavours, a lighter texture, and is a little less sweet.

Kobold-Bard
2010-03-14, 04:09 PM
I like ice cream.
I like eating it.
I am a fan of the silly expensive ones (cookie dough, fish food etc), but neapolitan is good too.

But the best by far is Mint Choc Chip. It teh awesomest :smallbiggrin:

Arutema
2010-03-14, 04:10 PM
Lactose intolerant here.

I miss eating ice cream.

Strawberries
2010-03-14, 04:12 PM
I don't know exactly, but the gelatti from shops in the Little Italy district around here has much more interesting and real-tasting flavours, a lighter texture, and is a little less sweet.

I see. Well, being in Italy all the ice cream I eat is Italian gelato. I don't like too sweet flavors either, so I'll consider myself lucky :smallwink:.
Btw, Kneenibble, the plural for "gelato" is "gelati" (just one t :smallsmile:)

Fuzzie Fuzz
2010-03-14, 04:18 PM
Short answer: yes.
Long answer: yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssss.

Kneenibble
2010-03-14, 04:22 PM
I see. Well, being in Italy all the ice cream I eat is Italian gelato. I don't like too sweet flavors either, so I'll consider myself lucky :smallwink:.
Btw, Kneenibble, the plural for "gelato" is "gelati" (just one t :smallsmile:)

Ah. Thank you. :smallredface:

I think gelato is made with real fruit pulps and juice for flavouring and with less dairy and sugar. Some people's taste does prefer the creamier, sweeter ice cream though.

@v Seconded! That and black sesame ice cream.

Kurien
2010-03-14, 04:23 PM
Oh! I really like Green Tea Ice Cream! It is just sweet enough to not overpower the subtle tea-ish flavour. Also, it's green!

Kobold-Bard
2010-03-14, 04:25 PM
Mr Whippy is amazing (I know it's not technically "ice cream", but I still love it).

Oh! I really like Green Tea Ice Cream! It is just sweet enough to not overpower the subtle tea-ish flavour. Also, it's green!

Depends. It can be ok, it's better if you mix it with Sakura (cherry blossom is that?) coz the green tea one can be a bit pungent.

Starscream
2010-03-14, 04:25 PM
Have you watched much Iron Chef? They always make wierdo ice cream with the theme ingredients, I've seen tomato, eggplant, spinach, and squid ink, er, not altogether though.

I'd try all of those at least once.

Mmmm. Squid ink.

Eldan
2010-03-14, 04:28 PM
Hmm. I only know Squid Ink pasta and Squid Ink Potato Chips. Where can I get it in ice cream form?

Kneenibble
2010-03-14, 04:33 PM
If you do find it somehow short of being enough of a Japanese celebrity to be invited onto Iron Chef, please write a post about it here.

I'd try all of those at least once.

Mmmm. Squid ink.

Well the judges always scarfed them down, so it must have been good (what does squid ink taste like?). With the right kind of tomatoes, I'll bet that one in particular would be quite uniquely fantastic.

golentan
2010-03-14, 04:37 PM
Yes, I like ice cream.

Actually, it occurs to me I have all the ingredients, I should whip myself up a batch of homemade tonight. Any nominations for flavor? I'm thinking Sweet Honey right now...

Kobold-Bard
2010-03-14, 04:41 PM
Yes, I like ice cream.

Actually, it occurs to me I have all the ingredients, I should whip myself up a batch of homemade tonight. Any nominations for flavor? I'm thinking Sweet Honey right now...

Orange is nice.

Moff Chumley
2010-03-14, 04:41 PM
Ice cream, out of the carton. Hell yes.

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-03-14, 05:20 PM
Orange ice cream... YES. Put some hot fudge on that sucker and you have heaven.

Raiki
2010-03-14, 06:05 PM
But the best by far is Mint Choc Chip. It teh awesomest :smallbiggrin:

I see we share an affinity for more than just small, scaley folk.

Have you ever tried putting melted peanut butter on top? It's really fantastic.

~R~

Mythestopheles
2010-03-14, 06:06 PM
Lactose intolerant here.

I miss eating ice cream.

:smalleek: I feel so sorry for you. :smallfrown:

Kobold-Bard
2010-03-14, 06:14 PM
I see we share an affinity for more than just small, scaley folk.

Have you ever tried putting melted peanut butter on top? It's really fantastic.

~R~

No, I'm no a big peanut fan unless it's in a Snickers. Peanut butter is a bit rank.

Strawberries
2010-03-14, 06:23 PM
Lactose intolerant here.

I miss eating ice cream.

:smalleek: I feel so sorry for you. :smallfrown:

Ouch. Consider yourself hugged.

There are soy ice creams, though I'm not sure of the taste. Have you ever tried any?

golentan
2010-03-14, 06:43 PM
Ouch. Consider yourself hugged.

There are soy ice creams, though I'm not sure of the taste. Have you ever tried any?

Dad has a milk allergy (not lactose intolerant), so we get a lot of soy. I'd recommend a brand called "So-Licious." Trader Joes carries 'em, I don't know about other stores. Brand matters a lot more than with normal ice cream. Throw on some marshmallow cream and you're hot to trot.

PallElendro
2010-03-14, 06:44 PM
Yes. Yes I do.

shadowxknight
2010-03-14, 06:44 PM
YES. Especially chocolate flavored ice cream of any kind. But really, I just like the coldness and sweetness.

faerwain
2010-03-14, 06:55 PM
I'm adding myself on the list of people who now want to test Squid ink ice cream.

For some reason or another it was quite difficult last year to find pistachio ice cream, which has always been a standard. Maybe my taste gets too old-fashioned. Had found a parlor that made fantastic blood orange one, though.

Faerwain, you mind if I sig that?:smallamused:

Go ahead. :smallcool:

RabbitHoleLost
2010-03-14, 09:38 PM
Ah. Thank you. :smallredface:

I think gelato is made with real fruit pulps and juice for flavouring and with less dairy and sugar. Some people's taste does prefer the creamier, sweeter ice cream though.

The main difference is that gelato has between 5-7% milk fat, and ice cream has 10%, and gelato is churned at a slower speed.
Most of the time, the ingredients of decent ice cream and gelato are exactly the same.

d13
2010-03-14, 09:42 PM
Bailey's Ice cream > All.

Deal with that :smalltongue:

Thanatos 51-50
2010-03-14, 09:52 PM
I enjoy Ice Cream sparingly. I'll use, for example, Vanilla for when it feels like the back of my throat is burning.
For recreational purposes, you can't go wrong with a bowl or waffle cone of rocky road with chocolate syrup.

Blue Ghost
2010-03-14, 09:53 PM
Ice cream makes the world go round!

Zexion
2010-03-14, 09:53 PM
Ice cream is the world go round!

Wait, I said that wrong.

Thanatos 51-50
2010-03-14, 09:54 PM
Ice cream makes the world go round!

You're thinking about "Gravity". Easy mistake, though.

Assassin89
2010-03-14, 10:09 PM
I enjoy ice cream. I'm not too picky about the flavor although I tend to choose vanilla.

Nomrom
2010-03-14, 11:23 PM
I love ice cream. In the southern US we have Blue Bell ice cream, and I am firmly convinced it is the greatest ice cream in the world. Mint chocolate chip is my favorite, though every know and then I'll try some special limited flavor that I really like.

And I would never eat squid ink ice cream or anything with squid ink in it. That sounds gross.

Kobold-Bard
2010-03-15, 04:28 AM
While vanilla is nice enough I don't understand why people choose it over other flavours.

Remmirath
2010-03-15, 04:31 AM
I certainly like ice cream. Mostly mint or vanilla types with chocolate bits or cookie dough added in. I like the three or so at once chocolate kinds, too, but just plain old chocolate or vanilla is fairly boring to me.

I don't like brownies, though. A lot of people I know seem to think that's weird.

Mary Leathert
2010-03-15, 04:48 AM
Ice cream is awesome. Even better in summer, but I do eat it during winter as well.

Ben&Jerry's ice cream is great, because they have interesting flavours. I found out that I like Half-Baked quite a lot. Too bad it's the most expensive brand of ice cream around here.

If I consider more standard flavours, mint is nice. As is nougat. Or anything with nuts, actually, especially hazel nuts.

About weird flavours, we have tar ice cream here. It's actually tasty. I have to buy it again next summer, it isn't sold in stores.

Eldan
2010-03-15, 06:16 AM
And I would never eat squid ink ice cream or anything with squid ink in it. That sounds gross.

It's just black/blue coloured mollusk blood. Nothing gross.

:smalltongue:

Kobold-Bard
2010-03-15, 09:49 AM
...If I consider more standard flavours, mint is nice. As is nougat. Or anything with nuts, actually, especially hazel nuts.
I disapprove of nut filled ice creams. They just annoy me.

About weird flavours, we have tar ice cream here. It's actually tasty. I have to buy it again next summer, it isn't sold in stores.
Tar...ice cream... :confused:

Edit: I've said it before and I'll probably say it again; I love your avatar. Happy blob makes me smile :smallbiggrin:

Kurien
2010-03-15, 01:34 PM

Tar...ice cream... :confused:

Um... I think she means molasses, but I could be wrong.

endoperez
2010-03-15, 01:45 PM
In Finland, tar is actually used as flavouring, mostly for sweets and alcohol. Supposedly it can also be used as a spice, e.g. with meat, but I haven't seen or tasted that myself.

Mary Leathert
2010-03-15, 02:26 PM
Yup, tar is used as a flavouring here. I have only tried it in (salty) liquorice http://jaakaappi.fi/static/images/tuotekuvat/6420256010907-i.jpg
('Terva' is tar in Finnish.) and ice cream, but I think the taste is nice. Not too sweet, kinda...smoky, I dunno. Hard to explain. The ice cream is part of "Ye Olde" line of ice creams from the biggest ice cream makers here. I think the flavour is supposed to be nostalgic.

Thajocoth
2010-03-15, 02:37 PM
The perfect ice cream involves a thick chocolate fudge flavor, possibly with bits of brownie or chocolate chips, plus a very coffee-like flavor; maybe a mocha. Then add hot fudge and whipped cream of course. Perhaps Oreo crumblings sprinkled on top of that.

golentan
2010-03-15, 02:48 PM
Made myself some ice cream after all. Mexican Cold Chocolate (spiced chocolate ice cream). Going to put these in the picture thread too in a moment.

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/074/a/e/Ice_creams_by_golentan.jpg
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/074/9/0/Mmm____Chocolatey_by_golentan.jpg

Nomrom
2010-03-15, 05:49 PM
It's just black/blue coloured mollusk blood. Nothing gross.

:smalltongue:

Somehow, that did nothing to make me find squid ink any more appetizing.

Eldan
2010-03-15, 05:59 PM
Glad to be of service. Any other food items you need grossified? I can describe different other kinds of molluscs to you. :smallbiggrin: