PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Crawling Ulfgar Axebane & Raenir Salazar

Xealot7
2010-03-14, 06:37 PM
You and your friend have been looking to lead a life of adventure. One day on your way out of town you spot some bloody footprints and follow them. They lead you to a Dungeon entrance you have never seen before. When you step inside, the door closes behind you and your comrade.

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q299/ramage8504/Entrance.jpg

You entered from the door to your west. There is a campfire, still lit in the middle of the room. There are also torches lit at the entrance to the door to the East and the door to the South. Bloody footprints lead to the door to the East. The illumination in the room is shadowy.

Raenir Salazar
2010-03-14, 07:11 PM
You entered from the door to your west. There is a campfire, still lit in the middle of the room. There are also torches lit at the entrance to the door to the East and the door to the South. Bloody footprints lead to the door to the East. The illumination in the room is shadowy.

Raenir Salazar: *Sigh* Ulfgar it would appear we are locked within this dank vault, shall we investigate further or attempt to vacate this location?

Actions: I would make to make a spot check on the room and a search check on the door in that order.

TheMerchandise
2010-03-14, 07:14 PM
Sheet. http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=192096
Ulfgar rushes in, axe and shield in hand, but slows down when he enters the room. He looks around a bit and scratches his beard with the tip of his massive axe. What is this place? Hmm...don't like the looks of things here. Raenir, old friend- what do you think? Shall we carry on? Without waiting for his friend's response, he presses on, making his way for the eastern door. Come, Raenir! No time to waste! And be careful; you never know what could be up ahead. He gets a head start knowing full well that he isn't hard to catch up to, or even overtake.

Raenir Salazar
2010-03-14, 07:27 PM
Raenir: *Sigh* Wait up!

Actions: I grab a torch from the wall and then follow Ulfgar to the Eastern Door alert for anything strange or sudden movements.

Xealot7
2010-03-14, 08:18 PM
As the door opens, you can here the yelping of kobolds and the banging of wood on stone as the chairs they were in flip over, you have thoroughly caught them off guard.

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q299/ramage8504/1E1Prison.jpg

One of the koblds is standing in front of the table, 10 feet in front of Ulfgar who is standing in the door. The other kobold is standing 5 feet south of him.

Raenir Salazar
2010-03-14, 10:02 PM
Raenir: *disgust* Kobolds, quickly let us dispatch them before they warn their compatriots and ambush us further in.

action: roll for initiative. [roll0] +4 from Improved Initiative. If I go first then I cast Mage Armor on Ulfgar.

TheMerchandise
2010-03-15, 12:04 AM
Terribly sorry to burst in on you...not so sorry about what happens next, I'm afraid. He brings his axe up high over the nearest Kobold's head, and brings it down with blinding speed.
if they are thoroughly off-guard, I am hoping that I have time to act? if not- Initiative: [roll0]
Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
regardless of whether i get a surprise round or not, that is my init. roll, and that is my first action.
EDIT: apparently the speed wasn't so blinding...looks like i don't score a hit. regardless, mage armor on me is redundant i believe. my scale male gives same +4 bonus i think?

Raenir Salazar
2010-03-15, 12:12 AM
Is that the case? If so I'll use Launch Bolt instead.

attack roll [roll0]
damage roll [roll1]
Does ranged attack use dex or strength? If Dex +2 if Str -2.

Xealot7
2010-03-15, 05:18 AM
Kobold1: Initiative [roll0]
Attack: [roll1]
Damage:[roll2]

The first kobold was on his toes, and lunges with his spear at Ulfgar, but misses.

Kobold2: Initiative [roll3]
Attack: [roll4]
Damage:[roll5]

The second one, a little slower misses with his sling.

Raenir hits the second kobold, doing 1 point of damage.

Raenir Salazar
2010-03-15, 07:32 AM
Are they crowding around Ulfgar then right now?

Raenir Salazar
2010-03-15, 07:40 AM
edit: I don't think I need to go all out for two cr 1 kobolds so I'll launch bolt again at the same kobold as before.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Xealot7
2010-03-15, 10:20 AM
Raenir strikes true, putting a bolt right through the little kobolds eye. The other Kobold sees this, turns and runs for the door to the east. AoO for Ulfgar.

TheMerchandise
2010-03-15, 01:08 PM
Get BACK here, you scoundrel! Ulfgar whips his axe around to try and sweep the kobold's legs.
AoO: [roll0]
Damgage: [roll1]
but the beast is a bit too quick and dodges the swing on his way out. Miserable whelps! Monstrous things...hurry, Raenir. We must give chase. As you said, there's no telling how many more of these foul creatures are lurking about.
He runs after the feeling kobold.
EDIT: man i suck at these rolls...

TheMerchandise
2010-03-15, 01:29 PM
Also, did I get skipped? because I've only acted once. If so, my turn would've been attacking the guy in front of me-
swift: stance of clarity on him. +2 AC against him, -2 from anyone else.
then i'd use sapphire nightmare blade, attempting a concentration check to make him flatfooted and deal double damage.
concentration: [roll0]
attack: [roll1]
damage: [roll2]
if concentration beats his AC, he's flat-footed and I do an extra 1d6 damage. if it doesn't, the attack is at a -2.
EDIT: Nevermind. none of it matters. i'll get a good attack roll one of these times, i swear.

Xealot7
2010-03-15, 04:32 PM
The creature begins fumbling with the door, unable to get it to turn in his hysteria... he beats on the door and yelps in Draconic.

Raenir Salazar
2010-03-15, 05:59 PM
Raenir: Ulfgar its not like I have infinite spells!

Action: I Summon another bolt to attack it.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Xealot7
2010-03-15, 06:05 PM
The second Kobold falls to Raenirs attack, a bolt firmly lodged in the back of his head.

Raenir Salazar
2010-03-15, 06:56 PM
Raenir: Ulfgar the kobold duo would seem to be dealt with but unfortunately since they are both quite dead we cannot question them, we should investigate this room for any clues or items of interest, see if we can find out if the kobolds were acting alone.

action: My character could speak Draconic, did the Kobold say anything of interest? Also I decide to make a search and spot check of the room.

Spot: [roll0] +2 from skills +2 from Elven abilities.
Search: [roll1] +5 from int and + 2 from Elf.

Do I see or uncover anything of interest?

Xealot7
2010-03-15, 07:10 PM
The yelps of the Kobold mostly equated to "Help Me!!! Big Monsters come kill us all!!! Let in, Let in!!!"

There is nothing of note in this room except the 8 doors off to each side that appear to be prison cells. You hear nothing coming from the cells.

Raenir Salazar
2010-03-15, 07:25 PM
Alright, I then go and attempt to retrieve my bolts while carefully eyeing the door to see if any kobold reinforcements pop in.

Raenir: Ulfgar, give me a minute to retrieve my bolts, you should probably approach the door to see if there's anything or anyone at the other side.

//do we gain any xp?

Xealot7
2010-03-15, 07:42 PM
You each gain 75xp

TheMerchandise
2010-03-15, 07:45 PM
Right you are, friend. Take your time. It appears that the crisis has been averted for now. And sorry about that. I'm a bit sloppy today, it seems. Ulfgar approaches the door briskly and checks to see if it's locked. If not, he waits, ready to throw it open at Raenir's cue. If it is, he waits to see if anything comes through. (muttering to himself) I'm ready for you, ya slimy bast*rds... Locked or otherwise, he is ready to take a swing at the head of the first hostile figure that appears in the doorway.

Xealot7
2010-03-15, 07:51 PM
Through the door, to the east. Ulfgar hears the rythmic, guttural sound of what a dwarf, due to his natural hatred for them, would know is an orc. It sounds as if it is chanting.

Raenir Salazar
2010-03-15, 08:03 PM
Raenir: Quick charge through to disrupt his spellcasting!

//do I have time to grab the bolts?

Xealot7
2010-03-15, 08:14 PM
Yes you already have them. Take as long as you like *wink.

Raenir Salazar
2010-03-15, 08:41 PM
//Ha. Merch quick run through! I always have more bolts on me, if we wait too long I suspect bad things will happen.

TheMerchandise
2010-03-15, 09:23 PM
SCUM! he roars. He rushes through the door (provided he can) and charges the nearest piece of filth he sees. There's murder in his eyes and only blood on his mind.
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
ok, seriously? 4, 6, 2, and 3? apart from the concentration check, i can't get a single decent d20 roll. is this thread cursed? am I cursed??

Raenir Salazar
2010-03-15, 09:25 PM
//Your rolls are terrible. Whats the room look like? I move and position myself at the door entrance and look in and will base my combat action based on that. Shall we reroll iniatiative? Remember that you have +2 strength from being enlarged.

Raenir Salazar
2010-03-15, 09:29 PM
//I think I took all of you luck in my rolls. (two critical threats!)

TheMerchandise
2010-03-15, 10:42 PM
//sorry, when was i enlarged now? i missed that ._.

Raenir Salazar
2010-03-16, 03:56 AM
//sorry, when was i enlarged now? i missed that ._.

Huh, my mistake, must have been an action I was considering but decided against.

Xealot7
2010-03-16, 05:14 AM
Your not enlarged, and that would have missed anyway.

When you enter the room, you see a a half-orc standing int he center of a grace/hex (whichever you prefer). He is severely wounded... or was. His wounds appear to be healing on their own. He is clad in banded mail and raises his spear when Ulfgar enters the room. He continues chanting and nearly doubles in size when Ulfgar attacks. (and misses)

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q299/ramage8504/1E2BedChamber.jpg

Concentration: [roll0]
Initiative: [roll1]

Raenir Salazar
2010-03-16, 12:26 PM
I cast Nerveskitter as a swift action.

rolling for initiative:

[roll0]

I cast Ray of Enfeeblement using my Alacritous Cogitation spellslot at the Half orc.

[roll1]

Raenir: "Can't you hit anything!? ENFEEBLEMENT!"

Raenir Salazar
2010-03-16, 12:28 PM
[roll0] rolling for my ranged touch attack on Eay of Enfeeblement.

Raenir Salazar
2010-03-16, 12:29 PM
Raenir: "Crap".

TheMerchandise
2010-03-16, 12:55 PM
Initiative: [roll0]
You SWINE! Do you think you scare me?! This day will be your last!
Seeing as it's a new encounter, we're going to try again with Sapphire Nightmare blade.
Concentration: [roll1]
Attack: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]
EDIT: OMG! Do i hit?? Does that beat his flat-footed AC? Maybe..?
Nope...banded mail. WHYYYYYY?! ONE POINT OFF. SIIIIIGH.

Xealot7
2010-03-16, 03:41 PM
The Orc chuckles as the axe glides off of his armor. He takes a 5' step back (10ft reach now) and thrusts his spear towards Ulfgar.

Damage:[roll1]

(Lucky that didn't hit... it might have hurt.):smallbiggrin:

TheMerchandise
2010-03-16, 03:52 PM
(Lucky that didn't hit... it might have hurt.):smallbiggrin:

//Yeah, well he's lucky i was off by a measly 1 or 2. B/c that would've been max damage :P

Infuriated, but wary, Ulfgar follows with a 5-foot step of his own, and attempts the Stone Bones maneuver.
Damge: [roll1]
He grounds himself and breathes deeply, swings his axe, and strikes true. As he does, he seems to toughen visibly, drawing on the strength of the stone beneath his feat. He swiftly enters a Stance of Clarity, and his defenses grow even stronger.
I get Dmg reduction 5/adamantine for 1 round. And +2 to AC against the orc man.
EDIT: HALLELUJAH! Also, I just realized I acted out of turn order...whoops.

Xealot7
2010-03-16, 03:59 PM
Ulfgar's cold steel bites through the orcs armor, dealing quite a bit of damage.

Raenir Salazar
2010-03-16, 04:50 PM
Raenir: "Grumbles about how his eye sight is acting up again."

Action: I cast caltrops at the Orcs Square.
attack roll for the caltrops: [roll0]

Its a touch attack, if it hit it does 1 damage and halves its land speed.

Xealot7
2010-03-16, 04:56 PM
(No good.)

The orc bellows in pain and take a few steps back (5' step) before unleashing his fury upon Ulfgar.

(Hehe, this seems to be a battle in ineptitude.)

TheMerchandise
2010-03-16, 05:42 PM
Stand still, you foul creature! I don't have the time to chase vermin like you around the room. Ulfgar takes another 5' step toward the large half-orc, taking a moment to recover his maneuvers (swift action). Feeling he has an upper hand, he puts his weight into the blow, making it a bit more predictable.
Power Attack for all 1.
Stance of Clarity is up, so AC against this guy is 19. Damage reduction runs out.
//all this of course after Raenir's turn. I just won't be able to update for a bit, so this is going to be my turn.

Xealot7
2010-03-16, 05:45 PM
(This stinks, but his AC is 17)

TheMerchandise
2010-03-16, 05:48 PM
//Really? I don't mean to question you, but just in the interest of expediting this process, have you accounted for both the -2 size penalty to dex AND the -1 size penalty to AC? Effectively, his AC should be -2 from when he's a medium creature due to enlarge person. And seeing as banded mail is 6 with a max dex bonus of 1, and he's not using a shield...

Xealot7
2010-03-16, 05:59 PM
(Your right... sorry, forgot about enlarge. You now have a dead orc cleric on your hand.)

Raenir Salazar
2010-03-16, 07:05 PM
Raenir: Well that was perhaps a little too exciting for one day. He hopefully has some useful information about his person, you should stand guard by the new door and see whats on the other side I will attend to the corpse.

Action: I do a search of the room and the corpse to see if there's anything of interest.

searching corpse: [roll0]
searching room: [roll1]

Do I find anything of interest, (like loot? Preferably a light crossbow) and what xp did we gain?

Raenir Salazar
2010-03-16, 07:06 PM
//if nothing's on the otherside of the door we should take 20 to explore the room. Also spellcraft check on the circle.

spellcraft [roll0]

Xealot7
2010-03-16, 07:42 PM
On his person you find banded mail, 1 masterwork spear, 3 spears and 50 gold pieces. On his nightstand you find a book, titled Necronomicon, written in Orcish. Give me a Knowledge History, Religion, or Arcana for more knowledge about this book.

The symbol on the ground is made in blood. You aren't certain but you ascertain that it probably has something to do with the book.

Edit: and 150xp each.:smallbiggrin:

Raenir Salazar
2010-03-16, 07:50 PM
Is it THE Necromincon (from Lovecraft) or one of em knock offs'?

Knowledge History [roll0]
Knowledge Religion [roll1]
Knowledge Arcana [roll2]

Xealot7
2010-03-16, 08:07 PM
You get the idea that this book, is not the original. In fact, you would guess that this has been translated by some less than adept transcribers. You feel that, were you to read through this, you might find some dangerous things inside, but nothing on the scale of what the original book possessed.

And that's where the name came from yes, but not the same book.

Raenir Salazar
2010-03-16, 09:48 PM
Well I pocket the book.

Raenir: "This is fairly interesting, I shall study this later when we have time. Ulfgar think you can carry these? Who knows we might be able to sell them. Otherwise let us continue."

Hrrm.... Think its safe enough to rest here?

TheMerchandise
2010-03-17, 12:47 AM
Aye, I can carry the load. Only I was thinking I might end up throwing 'em. He does the best he can to secure the spears to his pack. He takes half the gold and hands the other half to Raenir. Doubt he'll be needing this. As for resting, there does appear to be a bed. I'm fine for now, so I can stand watch if you like.
He paces the room, eying the bloody symbol on the floor with a poorly hidden look of disgust. He mutters something under his breath that sounds either like "filthy swine" or "to the line" - it's most likely the former.

Raenir Salazar
2010-03-17, 12:09 PM
Raenir: Well, I'm down to about 2 spells and only need 4 hours for rest, if your willing to stand watch I could probably rememorize my spells. Up to you.

Action: If we rest I'll swap out Nerveskitter for Ray of Enfeeblement.

TheMerchandise
2010-03-17, 12:31 PM
Aye, I'll stand guard for you. It's important that you're ready to face the trials ahead. Rest well, friend.
Ulfgar sets his pack and gear aside, keeping only axe, shield, and bow on his person. (Are those barrels in the top left corner of the map? If so, are the movable? Also, which direction does the door open?) If it's possible to block the door with the barrels, he does so. If the door opens outward from the room, the barrels will just give people cover from behind which to shoot, so I'm only doing it if the doors open inwards. Regardless:
He turns and faces the door, dutifully watching for anything hostile trying to make its way through.

Raenir Salazar
2010-03-17, 12:48 PM
Raenir goes to the bed and sit upon it and begins meditating to enter the reverie dreamscape with his spellbook open upon his lap, his glasses removed and placed to his side.

Xealot7
2010-03-17, 03:30 PM
Well there are two doors. The door just came through opens to the inside, the one to the south opens to the outside. Those are barrels and they can be moved.

Random Encounter Roll.
Roll:[roll0]

Your brief respite refills you with Vigor. Even Ulfgar, who stood guard feels fully rested. You both are treated as if you received a full nights rest and have a +1 to attack for the rest of the day.

Raenir Salazar
2010-03-17, 08:10 PM
//LAWL HURRAY FOR GOOD ROLLS! And Haha! No more nat20 on the next encounter's attack roll :D (since the odds of 2 d20's consequitively is next to nill :)

Raenir exits his reverie glad that the respite has gone by without anything of note appearing to happen, retrieves his glasses and puts away his spell book.

Raenir: "Alright Ulfgar, we we're lucky I think that nothing encountered us, let us proceed further into this despicable place and see what additional clues we may encounter. You choose which direction, your dwarf senses may tell us something."

TheMerchandise
2010-03-18, 12:39 AM
Hmm... he eyes the potential paths carefully.
With the confidence befitting a fearless leader charging into battle- TO THE SOUTH!
And we're off.

Xealot7
2010-03-18, 09:27 AM
Entering to the south you enter a well lit room, with large rugs along this large hallway. There are some paints hanging along the walls although they are rather crude and of poor quality.

Aside from the door you entered there is a door to the East and a Door to the West.

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q299/ramage8504/1S1E1PeculiarHallway.jpg

Raenir Salazar
2010-03-18, 01:37 PM
I do a spot and search check.

[roll0] //spot
[roll1] //search

Xealot7
2010-03-18, 03:28 PM
You spot nothing out of the ordinary.

What are you searching?

TheMerchandise
2010-03-18, 04:21 PM
Not sure how you want to handle it this time, but uh... Ulfgar gets out a copper piece.
Heads (1), and we go west. Tails (2), and we go east. Sound good?
He tosses the coin.
[roll0]
Looks like we're heading further into this labyrinth. Put your exploring cap on, Raenir. We're diving right in.
//he def waits for your response and search check stuff. not just gonna rush off without waiting again.

Raenir Salazar
2010-03-18, 05:19 PM
Well I was searching the room for anything odd.

Xealot7
2010-03-18, 06:40 PM
There is something odd about the door to the East, although you can't quite place your finger on it.

Knowledge: Arcana?

Raenir Salazar
2010-03-18, 06:44 PM
k, arcana check here we go!

arcane check: [roll0]

Xealot7
2010-03-18, 06:50 PM
You can tell the door is warded. You aren't sure if there is a way past, but if there is, it would require powerful magic, or some kind of key. Regardless, with out some assistance, you won't be able to get through the door you think.

Raenir Salazar
2010-03-18, 07:22 PM
Raenir: Hrmmmmmm...... Not satisfactory..... This door (points) is warded, we will not be able to enter it until we either find a key for it or until I learn the required spell, we will just have to go through the western door and keep going until we find something.

TheMerchandise
2010-03-18, 08:53 PM
Ulfgar grumbles something about the coins lying and makes his way through the western door.

Raenir Salazar
2010-03-18, 08:58 PM
Raenir follow's a few steps behind.

Xealot7
2010-03-19, 10:29 AM
Make reflex saves, both of you. :smallbiggrin:

TheMerchandise
2010-03-19, 01:15 PM
i'm going to assume i count as flat-footed, so no +1 from int.
[roll0]
//LOL death

Raenir Salazar
2010-03-19, 02:12 PM
reflex save: [roll0] //c'mon natural 20.

Xealot7
2010-03-19, 03:14 PM
As you walk across the first rug you hear the sound of crossbows firing, and you each take a crossbow bolt to the side.

Ulfgar Damage- [roll0]
Raenir Damage- [roll1]

TheMerchandise
2010-03-19, 03:21 PM
He grunts with the sharp pain, trying to hide it as best he can. I suggest we not walk on these carpets...or perhaps we should crawl?

Raenir Salazar
2010-03-19, 03:45 PM
Raenir: And what if the very floor itself is a trap?

Action: I search for traps. [roll0]

Xealot7
2010-03-19, 03:54 PM
You can't seem to find anything, not even what caused the one to go off earlier.

Raenir Salazar
2010-03-19, 04:26 PM
Raenir: Well, lets press on and hope for the best. I'll keep a little further behind.

TheMerchandise
2010-03-19, 05:10 PM
That would indeed be good thinking. I hope that's the end of it for now.
Ulfgar proceeds with caution, (hopefully) heading through the door.

Xealot7
2010-03-19, 05:25 PM
You enter a hallway. It's is completely dark. If you have darkvision or a light source you can tell nothing is in here. There is a door to the south and a door to the north.

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q299/ramage8504/1S1DarkHallway.jpg

TheMerchandise
2010-03-19, 05:36 PM
With his dwarven ability to see black&white without light, Ulfgar can tell there's nothing there :smallbiggrin:
He mutters under his breath about coins again and gets out the copper piece to flip in order to make this decision.
Heads (1) north. Tails (2) south.
[roll0]
Let's check again for traps before we continue, eh?

Raenir Salazar
2010-03-19, 06:04 PM
//carrying a torch still I think just in case.

Raenir: Aye, I can't imagine heading north helping us, that way will probably lead us back to the beginning, south it is.

rolling for searching for traps:

[roll0]

Xealot7
2010-03-19, 07:47 PM
You don't find any traps.

TheMerchandise
2010-03-19, 08:18 PM
Well. I suppose let's head on through. We'll find out about traps the old fashioned way, if they're here.
He heads cautiously to the south.
Check the door, would you? If Raenir is sufficiently satisfied, we'll go through.

Xealot7
2010-03-19, 08:24 PM
Through the door to the South you find this room.

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q299/ramage8504/1S2WaterChamber.jpg

This room is better lit and has a pool that you can see to the bottom. It's about 10 feet deep. At the bottom you see many gold coins and a few gems.

Raenir Salazar
2010-03-19, 08:46 PM
*greed steadily rising...... must... resist.... resistance... eroding.... diminishing... almost gone...... grrrrg.... contemplating the risks of jumping in to collect it*

spot check to count the number of coins and appraise check to see if I can eyeball the worth from up here.

spot [roll0], appraise [roll1]

Raenir Salazar
2010-03-19, 08:47 PM
Ah I know, I throw a rock or some similarily small sized object into the pool to see if anything happens. I have 5 candles so I throw one of those.

Xealot7
2010-03-20, 10:01 AM
You look and see what appears to be a few hundred gold coins at the bottom of the pool. Deciding to throw a candle in, it hits the water and begins sinking as normal. About halfway down it stops, and and then begins going up to the surface and then flies out onto the ground, almost as if it were thrown.

Spot checks?

TheMerchandise
2010-03-20, 11:58 AM
spot: [roll0]
Inattentive, Ulfgar has already stopped caring about the fact that the candle flew out of there, and has already returned to focusing on a way of getting those coins out of there.

Xealot7
2010-03-20, 12:02 PM
Ulfgar didn't even notice the candle fly back out, his eyes so attentively focused on the gold at the bottom.

TheMerchandise
2010-03-20, 12:09 PM
How in the hell do you think we can get that, eh? It's just SITTING there! Right there. ripe for the taking. Can't you TASTE it, Raenir? How far down is it? Do you think I should take off my armor and head down to get it?

Raenir Salazar
2010-03-20, 01:32 PM
spot check (was asleep irl) [roll0] I should probly get another +2 since I was the one who threw in the candle.

Xealot7
2010-03-20, 02:00 PM
You think there is "something" that pushed the water up... but your not quite sure what it was.

Raenir Salazar
2010-03-20, 02:11 PM
Raenir: "What creature lives within this pool? Show yourself."

Xealot7
2010-03-20, 02:56 PM
The creature doesn't move, although you are able to tell there is something in the water.

You do consider the fact that there are a lot of gold coins in there. I wonder what you should do.

Raenir Salazar
2010-03-20, 03:14 PM
Raenir: Ulfgar try hitting the water with your axe. You might upset it. Failing that, lets take a barrel, attach a rope to it and slowly remove the water barrel by barrel until it sufficates from lack of water.

TheMerchandise
2010-03-20, 03:29 PM
Any excuse to swing my axe I'll take. Hrrraaaugh!
attack: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]

Xealot7
2010-03-20, 03:48 PM
Ulfggar makes an awesome strike at the water, which surprisingly hits something somewhat solid.

Some of the water jumps to the top of the water and attacks Ulfgar.

Raenir Salazar
2010-03-20, 04:09 PM
Raenir: "Well there goes plan B."

I Launch a bolt at the water.

[roll0]
[roll1]

TheMerchandise
2010-03-20, 04:31 PM
There's something you don't see everyday! Let's see if lightning strikes twice...
Swift: stance of clarity against the water...? +2 AC against it? maybe? dunno if the enemy has to be completely discernible.
Action: Sapphire Nightmare blade-
concentration: [roll0] if it beats AC, target flat-footed. if not, -2 on attack
attack: [roll1]
damage: [roll2] and if con check works, add [roll3]
oh, and in case you need it- initiative: [roll4]
EDIT: well that concentration check makes me mad...

Raenir Salazar
2010-03-20, 04:36 PM
rolling for initiative [roll0]

Xealot7
2010-03-20, 04:44 PM
Missed the AC by 1 on the touch, which made you miss the regular attack by 1. Talk about bad luck.

Raenir Salazar
2010-03-20, 05:15 PM
I launch another bolt at the creature.

[roll0]
[roll1]

TheMerchandise
2010-03-20, 05:30 PM
//should i go again? or is it the water creature's turn because of my attempted maneuver?

Xealot7
2010-03-20, 05:37 PM
You turn. Go for it.

TheMerchandise
2010-03-20, 06:07 PM
SHOW YOURSELF! Wary, Ulfgar strikes defensively, grounding himself in case he is attacked.
Initiating stone bones maneuver.
Striking true, he confidently braces himself for counterattack, becoming one with the stone beneath his feet.
He gains DR 5/adamantine until his next turn.

Raenir Salazar
2010-03-20, 06:09 PM
"Well well, looks like we finally hit it."

I try to make another spot check to see what it is.
[roll0]

Then knowledge check to see if I can identify it.
[roll1]

* please not a gelatinous cube*

Xealot7
2010-03-20, 07:34 PM
Ulfgar's strike does, or at least looks like it does severe damage to the water, it splits apart, but comes back together to strike back at him.

Raenir gets a good look and the creature and realizes it's a small water elemental.

Raenir Salazar
2010-03-20, 09:20 PM
Raenir: "It's a small water elemental, it should be almost dead just keep attacking it."

Xealot7
2010-03-20, 11:20 PM
Yeah... I shouldn't tell you this... but down to 1hp lol.

TheMerchandise
2010-03-21, 03:33 AM
Swift action to recover maneuvers in case this continues.
Be gone, creature! Let us be done with this foolishness. Your demise is close at hand!
Dmg: [roll1] not like that last bit matters :B
EDIT: :smallmad:

Xealot7
2010-03-21, 09:05 AM

The water elemental has no other choice but to press it's attack against Ulfgar.

Xealot7
2010-03-21, 09:06 AM
Confirm: [roll0]

Raenir Salazar
2010-03-21, 10:19 AM
I launch a bolt.

[roll0]
[roll1]

TheMerchandise
2010-03-21, 01:19 PM
Ulfgar is visibly in bad shape after that last hit. Things don't look good if that sort of thing continues. He swings back
attack: [roll0]
dmg: [roll1]
crap...

Raenir Salazar
2010-03-21, 01:40 PM
ray of enfeeblement.

[roll0]

Raenir Salazar
2010-03-21, 01:41 PM
[roll0]

rolling for strength damage.

Raenir Salazar
2010-03-21, 01:43 PM
goddamn it the forum didnt quite work right.

[roll0]

TheMerchandise
2010-03-22, 01:31 PM
I suppose it's my turn?
ATTACK!: [roll0]
EDIT: Final Fantasy battle victory music ensues.
Why do you think it's only gold down there...what about copper? I love my copper. He flips a copper piece and catches it. Always gets me out of a jam.

Raenir Salazar
2010-03-22, 01:51 PM
Alright, lets now retrieve the coins. I reach my hand into the pool to see if anything happens, if nothing happens I'll take off my equipment and outer garmets and swim to the bottom to pick up the coins and gems.

How much xp did we get? :)

Xealot7
2010-03-22, 03:44 PM
Uh... well technically it was the elementals turn before Ulfgar... right?

Raenir Salazar
2010-03-22, 05:06 PM
//I don't know, no one replied in a while.

TheMerchandise
2010-03-22, 07:56 PM
//yes, it appears so upon reflection. take his turn. i just thought people were waiting on me since i hadn't posted in a while. if he kills me with my 19 AC and -3 on rolls, I'll be more than happy to let him win.

Xealot7
2010-03-22, 08:16 PM

And he's dead due to your previous attack.

Raenir Salazar
2010-03-22, 10:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8NsnLfIAcs

!!!!!! :D

TheMerchandise
2010-03-23, 01:16 AM
//La la la, you're dead la la, lala- we killed you la lala.
does anything happen? can i go get that gold now?

Xealot7
2010-03-23, 10:17 AM
Sorry, I left out a thematic part of the death. As the creature falls, slain by your hands, a pulse of blue energy crackles out of it's lifeless form.

You may attempt to acquire the gold.

TheMerchandise
2010-03-23, 11:47 AM
Ulfgar sets down his shield and axe and his pack. Keep an eye on these for me, will you? Won't take too long. He hops in and lets himself sink. He begins picking up the coins and gems.
//How long will it take to get them all? I have 17 rounds of breath-holding capability, -1 for each standard action I take, and of course -1 for each round I spend down there. So after this round, 2 have gone since I use my standard action to collect stuff. 15 more rounds. How many rounds to get the money? After that, I shall attempt my first of many swim checks to surface and leave.
swim: [roll0]
EDIT: uuumm....yeah, i sink. i'll roll again when we get this organized.

Xealot7
2010-03-23, 03:29 PM
If you want to take the time to get them all. I"ll say, about two hours.... you can get them all. Do you want to do that?

TheMerchandise
2010-03-23, 05:56 PM
o.O
i'll say i want to take 5 more standard actions, using up 10 more rounds. so 6 total standard actions. i now have 5 rounds to beat DC 10 on a swim check-
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
EDIT: woot, i struggle for 3 rounds then get out.
how much do i get?

Xealot7
2010-03-24, 10:00 AM
You are able to grab 47 coins and make your way back up. You are completely out of breath.

TheMerchandise
2010-03-24, 12:55 PM
Ulfgar gasps heavily and breaths rapidly for a few moments, eventually collecting himself. He picks up his shield and hands Raenir 23 coins before grabbing his axe again.
That makes things a bit worth it, wouldn't you say? Now where do you think that blue flash went?
//how much xp?

Xealot7
2010-03-24, 03:40 PM
150xp each for slaying the elemental.

Raenir Salazar
2010-03-24, 07:42 PM
Ulfgar gasps heavily and breaths rapidly for a few moments, eventually collecting himself. He picks up his shield and hands Raenir 23 coins before grabbing his axe again.
That makes things a bit worth it, wouldn't you say? Now where do you think that blue flash went?
//how much xp?

Raenir: The Blue flash was probably just the death throws of the water elemental, these coins seem kinda paltry for the amount of effort... It should only take a couple of hours to collect all of the coins.

//lets take the 2 hours to collect all the coins and have Ulfgar keep watch for the time duration.

TheMerchandise
2010-03-24, 08:01 PM
Alright then. Collect them if you like. He takes his post at the doorway.
//Did the light just dissipate or something? I'm still confused why a water elemental would flash ._.

Xealot7
2010-03-25, 03:05 PM
It takes a while, but you are finally able to recover all of the coins out of the well. It start off going fairly fast, but it slows down because... well, honestly it takes a little while to pull hundreds of coins out of a well when there are fewer and fewer of them.

You pull another 262 coins out of the well. That's what, 309gp total. There are also two gems worth 10gp and one worth 25gp.

(There was a reason for the energy, don't worry.)

Oh, and for the time taken to acquire this, you get a roll on the random encounter thingy.

[roll0]

TheMerchandise
2010-03-25, 03:11 PM
Ulfgar hands Raenir 5 silver pieces to split that last odd gold.
//HOLY CRAP i'm gonna die.

Xealot7
2010-03-25, 03:12 PM
A wandering party of kobolds stumbles upon you as your are just finishing recovering the coins from the well. They eye you, then your loot, and begin yelping in draconic.

Initiative:
Kobold w/ Spear1-[roll0]
Kobold w/ Spear2-[roll1]
Kobold w/ Sling1-[roll2]
Kobold w/ Sling2-[roll3]
Kobold w/ Mace1-[roll4]

Raenir Salazar
2010-03-25, 03:19 PM
I cast Grease, I assume all of the Kobolds are at the entrance so I cast it and hopefully it encompasses all of them in a 10' square.

DC 17 reflex save or they all fall down, DC 10 Balance check to move at half speed, failure means they can't move.

Raenir Salazar
2010-03-25, 03:22 PM
Right initiative first, and use my empty slot to cast nerveskitter as a swift action to gain +5 on my init check:

[roll0]

Raenir Salazar
2010-03-25, 03:24 PM
Raenir [Draconic]: You whelps are dealing with a Wizard and his Dwarven Companion, you will rue messing with us and by encountering us you encounter... DEATH! Run away while you still can or else you will meet the same ignobible ends as your companions at the entrance of this vile place!.

TheMerchandise
2010-03-25, 04:27 PM
Raenir, I don't know what you said, but I hope it involved telling them to go away. I am losing patience with these miserable creatures.
EDIT: //it looks like i not only tied one of the kobolds, but our modifiers are the same. shall we base it on his reaction to grease? should i just go before him to make things easier? whatever happens is your call.

Raenir Salazar
2010-03-25, 04:28 PM
//Since Ulfgar was on watch does that mean he gets a +2 circumstance bonus to his initiative roll? :wink:

Xealot7
2010-03-26, 10:15 AM
Ulfgar can go first... except for one of the kobolds wielding a spear, who runs off. :smallwink:

TheMerchandise
2010-03-26, 11:26 AM
Ulfgar will head over any enemy he can without giving anyone an AoO, preferably one that is prone, and giving slight preference to melee. Whatever the case, Stone Bones Maneuver.
Dmg: [roll1]
I think that Kobolds are my kryptonite.

Xealot7
2010-03-26, 03:03 PM
Oh and Raenir can go now.

Raenir Salazar
2010-03-26, 03:37 PM
How are the kobolds positioned? Am I able to cast grease without affecting Ulfgar?

Xealot7
2010-03-26, 07:29 PM
Yes, you can... :smallbiggrin:

Raenir Salazar
2010-03-26, 07:31 PM
Alright so I cast Grease on the remaining 4 Kobolds. DC 17 reflex check.

TheMerchandise
2010-03-26, 09:44 PM
//*fingers crossed that one next to me falls prone and gets up so that i can AoO and cleave*

Raenir Salazar
2010-04-01, 01:17 AM
//So....... what we waiting for?

TheMerchandise
2010-04-01, 02:30 AM
//kobolds. this thing won't let me post just "kobolds" for some reason. LAME.

Xealot7
2010-04-03, 09:43 AM
Reflex Saves:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Two of the kobolds fall prone, both are with in Ulfgars AoO range if he can take two attacks.

TheMerchandise
2010-04-03, 01:49 PM
OOC: He cannot. If one is a spear and the other a sling, he'll go for the sling. If one looks more wounded, he'll go for that one. If they are identical in every way, he'll go for the closer one. Though if he kills it, he does get a cleave.
Not so fast, ya wee piece of filth. He brings his axe up in a wide arc across the kobold's midsection as the creature attempts to regain its balance.
Well I def hit. And i think i killed it..?
EDIT: I put the OOC paragraph in spoiler. And added text for flavor.

TheMerchandise
2010-04-03, 01:54 PM
In the event I did kill it
That should teach you vermin to attack me! Your death is at hand, and it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance!
Cleave attack: [roll0]
//Does the -4 penalty to AC from being prone apply on the AoO when they stand up?

Raenir Salazar
2010-04-09, 09:30 PM
//so what are we waiting on next? Assuming Grease is still on the gorund I launch a bolt

[roll0]
[roll1]