PDA

View Full Version : Does this work?

The Rabbler
2010-03-14, 11:11 PM
My DM is rather nice to us players and because of this, he has allowed the use of online disciplines in place of the standard ones for martial adepts.

my question pertains to the 9th level maneuver in the Army of One discipline (which can be found here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5710173)) which I used the RAI to do this.

I was planning on using army of one to make two copies of myself, then using belt of battle for another full round action, which should give each copy another full round action, then having one copy use Time Stands Still to give all of us two full attacks.

this would leave me with one copy having two full attacks and one standard action (with which I could use a maneuver) and a copy and myself both having two full attacks, one full-round action, and a standard action to initiate maneuvers.

now, as I said, this is using a RAI interpretation of the Army of One maneuver, my reasoning being that the idea was to stop the copies from doing a full-round action instead of the move action and standard action granted by the maneuver, so that you couldn't use the Army of One to use three Legion of Ones and then nine Vanguard of Ones.

any flaws in my reasoning?

EDIT: re-reading this, I realize that it would be possible to initiate Two Legion of Ones with the full-round actions and get 7 of me with two full attacks.

tyckspoon
2010-03-14, 11:23 PM
The description on Vanguard of One would appear to prevent this. It's stated as a flat incapability- "duplicates may not take full round or swift actions." Even if you grant them one with your Belt of Battle they are simply not allowed to use it.