PDA

View Full Version : Favorite module?

Stubbed Tongue
2010-03-15, 01:05 AM
Well the title pretty much sums up what I'm looking for; everyone's favorite module (or series of modules) for 3.0 or 3.5. Please list the title and why you like it.

As always...thank you in advance for your contribution.

Munchkin-Masher
2010-03-15, 04:05 AM
Return to the temple of elemental evil.

It's Long, classic, and all maner of awesome.

Killer Angel
2010-03-15, 05:30 AM
Tomb of Horrors.
Not to play it, but for the fact that is one of the most frequently discussed modules, with funny debates and recurrent jokes from the forumeers. It has given me endless fun only for existing...

RagnaroksChosen
2010-03-15, 07:30 AM
sunless citedel because its alot of fun. I enjoyed the playing the goblins and kobolds against each other. then the druid fight at the end was awsome.

I enjoy playing through it and running it personaly.

potatocubed
2010-03-15, 07:38 AM
Depending on how I feel, one of the following four usually floats to the top:

The Speaker in Dreams
Expedition to the Demonweb Pits
Rappan Athuk
Necropolis

TSoD is just a very good city-based module and it's been a success both times I've run it. Demonweb Pits is the closest 3.5 ever came to recapturing that Planescape feel. Rappan Athuk and Necropolis are large, savage, and dripping with flavour.

I'd add City of Brass to that list as well, but I'm not sure how much of it is a module and how much is a boxed setting - it's certainly fantastic value for money, though.

AslanCross
2010-03-15, 07:49 AM
1. Red Hand of Doom. I don't really care much for dungeon crawls, and while RHOD has a couple of parts that are dungeon crawls, the majority of the plot centers on a war adventure. Lots of traveling, lots of interaction, and lots of facebashing. It offers a balanced experience and the story is quite immersive. It might require tweaking to suit different power levels, but I think in general it's really good.

2. Eyes of the Lich Queen. This really carries the Indiana Jones feel of Eberron all across the Material Plane. Lots of travel, lots of intrigue, and a good combination of interaction and action.

3. The Viktor Saint-Demain trilogy (Chimes at Midnight, Quoth the Raven, Hell's Heart). How do you do horror without using undead as the primary threat? This is how. It's mostly investigative, so it has a very noir feel to it. It shows you just how scary humans can be.

J.Gellert
2010-03-15, 07:54 AM
Castle Spulzeer, I love all the background it includes. Classic for a horror story.

Also, if I recall correctly, that Lich is the often-forgotten second-highest-level caster of the Realms... Though I've never seen stats on Larloch.

Does anyone know of any modules set in the Warlock's Crypt? :smallbiggrin:

Anxe
2010-03-15, 10:23 AM
The one I had the most fun with was Tindertwig. Their was only one opponent, a simple arsonist.

CapnVan
2010-03-15, 10:31 AM
Does anyone know of any modules set in the Warlock's Crypt? :smallbiggrin:

Tomb of Horrors. Times 60. :smalleek:
Before you get to Larloch. :xykon:

Yora
2010-03-15, 10:39 AM
We had great fun with City of the Spiderqueen. The party consisted of vhaeraunite surface drow from Cormanthor who saw an opportunity to snatch the big prize away from the Kiaransalee worshipers.

Also, if I recall correctly, that Lich is the often-forgotten second-highest-level caster of the Realms... Though I've never seen stats on Larloch.There's a full page stat block in Lords of Darkness, which uses 3.0 epic rules, so it's barely useable. He'd be a level 32 wizard.