PDA

View Full Version : Order of the Stick Collection

doodthedud
2010-03-15, 05:17 AM
Do the books contain the same pages as can be seen online? Or is the only way to see some pages by seeing them on the internet here?

I'd like to be able to collect not just the extra stories i know some of the books provide, but also all the comics online in a tangible collection if this is possible.

hamishspence
2010-03-15, 05:22 AM
The books provide all the online pages. Some spelling errors are corrected.

One or two comics in Dungeon Crawling Fools have words changed.

For example "Illithid" in the online comic, is replaced with "Illithoid" and some instances of "Mind Flayer" are removed.

Also- in the scene with Durkon's hair trigger turning of undead:

"which is kinda cool"
"A lich is binding ghouls??"

is replaced with:

"which is cool"
"A lich's ghoul??"

in the print version.

Bavarian itP
2010-03-15, 05:25 AM
Also- in the scene with Durkon's hair trigger turning of undead:

"which is kinda cool"
"A lich is binding ghouls??"

is replaced with:

"which is cool"
"A lich's ghoul??"

in the print version.

I never understood this change. The first is one of my favorite lines in the comic, the second is meh :smallfrown:

Snake-Aes
2010-03-15, 05:27 AM
I never understood this change. The first is one of my favorite lines in the comic, the second is meh :smallfrown:

The stretch's the pun in it for me XD
Sucks I won't be able to buy them right now though. Shipping costs and the desire for continuity means I'll only buy them when they're all available at once, which they aren't.

But yeah. Get all the books = get all the online stuff. Dunno about the Dragon pieces.

Kish
2010-03-15, 05:29 AM
The Dragon comics are currently available only in old issues of Dragon.

doodthedud
2010-03-15, 05:30 AM
I too, will likely be waiting until it becomes more a bundle, I just want to be sure it's the same content, not JUST the in-betweens.

ref
2010-03-15, 09:49 AM
Also, some of the filler strips like the answer the mail and the battle of the snacks appear out of order, in a less intrusive place, a lich's ghoul.

It's nice to have the books, I have them all (six as of this writing) so far, and you support our author in the playground.

NerfTW
2010-03-15, 03:13 PM
I too, will likely be waiting until it becomes more a bundle, I just want to be sure it's the same content, not JUST the in-betweens.

Considering the extra strips are only 10-15 strips per book, that would be one expensive 15 page book.

I wouldn't hold your breath for one giant compendium of the entire run of the strip though. By that point, most of his customer base would already have the individual books, and the amount who'd buy the same material twice would be significantly lowered.