PDA

View Full Version : So, I'm kinda creeped out.

Moonshadow
2010-03-15, 06:28 AM
So... apparantly people have been... well, not spying, but observing my girlfriend and I when we're out together in her car (her car is pretty distinctive and stuff), and it seems that they somehow feel the need to report that my girlfriend and I, like any couple, occasionally kiss. They take this information, and report it to her mother, who really couldn't care less about what we were doing, and is somewhat weirded out herself that these people have been doing such things.

So, has anyone else had any similar sort of experiences? I know that this creeps me out a rather large amount :smalleek:

rakkoon
2010-03-15, 06:33 AM
We've had a middle aged man with no clothes on, in his car, parked in front of our house. Does that count?

My mother-in-law kept looking through the window at him while my father-in-law kept telling her to stop looking. Good times, good times.

Creed
2010-03-15, 06:41 AM
I happen to date one of my friends, and one of our other friends reports everything we do to her father. It pisses me off.:smallfurious:

Comet
2010-03-15, 07:35 AM
Does the FBI count?

Kidding. I try to keep a low profile. I live in a small-ish town so word tends to get around pretty quick if someone does anything out of the ordinary. Heck, word tends to get around even when someone does something completely normal and expected.

Some people just don't have enough things happening in their own lives :smalltongue:

TheCountAlucard
2010-03-15, 07:37 AM
Trust me, it'll get a lot creepier if you realize that the Slender Man is probably watching you, too... :smalleek:

Pyrian
2010-03-15, 07:44 AM
That sounds like small-town behavior, Naoto, but it's my understanding that Melbourne is rather large. :smallconfused:

SoD
2010-03-15, 08:25 AM
Trust me, it'll get a lot creepier if you realize that the Slender Man is probably watching you, too... :smalleek:

And so am I...

Mercenary Pen
2010-03-15, 08:29 AM
But who watches the watchers? That's the real question (although, if you keep expanding it outwards, eventually you'll get almost the entire world involved... I mean who's watching the watchers who watch the watchers?)

Basically, the entire world- possibly with the exception of a few remote African and South American tribes- is watching your every action... Some of these people keep better informed than the rest.

Syka
2010-03-15, 09:27 AM
I've never dealt with that, per se, but I can tell you Oz and I will never do any...'questionable activities' in a car within, oh, 300 miles of where we live. Why? Because one of our friends is a cop two towns over and another friend used to dispatch for the same town. Yet another friend is currently going to school to become a cop, probably in the next town over (where that friend lives).

On top of that, cops in our town are EVERYWHERE.

Needless to say, we'd inevitably get caught by our local cops, and I have no doubt our friends would find out (all towns involved are very small and kinda blend together) and we'd never live it down.

Ever.

CrimsonAngel
2010-03-15, 09:28 AM
What the hell?

valadil
2010-03-15, 09:37 AM
Many of my female friends have had stalkers of some fashion or another. I have to wonder if they're actually watching the two of you or just her. Reports are going back to her mother after all, so that implies some sort of focus on her instead of you. Does her mother know who's doing this?

Syka
2010-03-15, 09:42 AM
Many of my female friends have had stalkers of some fashion or another. I have to wonder if they're actually watching the two of you or just her. Reports are going back to her mother after all, so that implies some sort of focus on her instead of you. Does her mother know who's doing this?

Doesn't always mean it's focused on her. Generally, people assume a girls parent's are going to be more upset to find out she's with a boy than the boy's parents would be with him being with a girl. People have asked my mom stuff like, "Wow, you let him (either mine or my sister's boyfriend) stay over? *shock*"

Telonius
2010-03-15, 09:46 AM
My solution: retaliatory creep-out.

Find where the person lives. Bring your mother and girlfriend along. Make sure the nosy person is looking, and sees that mother is watching. Kiss the girlfriend passionately. When you're done, ask the nosy person if they'd like to continue stalking, or if you should keep kissing her.

Fifty-Eyed Fred
2010-03-15, 12:22 PM
We've had a middle aged man with no clothes on, in his car, parked in front of our house. Does that count?

I must do this before I die.

chiasaur11
2010-03-15, 12:25 PM
But who watches the watchers? That's the real question (although, if you keep expanding it outwards, eventually you'll get almost the entire world involved... I mean who's watching the watchers who watch the watchers?)

Sam Vimes.

All the time.

Asta Kask
2010-03-15, 12:36 PM
my girlfriend and I, like any couple, occasionally kiss.

I was going to say "Pics or it didn't happen", but it may give the wrong impression... :smallamused:

You kiss your girlfriend? Ok, that's enough of this degeneracy. Please report to the Self-Termination Booth immediately, citizen. Have a nice day.

Deathslayer7
2010-03-15, 12:52 PM

My mother-in-law kept looking through the window at him while my father-in-law kept telling her to stop looking. Good times, good times.

We currently have that problem, except not that bad.

Some guy in a white Toyota is parked in front of our house almost everyday (sometimes for hours) and claims to be watching his house which is a few houses down but across a minor-medium street with traffic. My Mom confronted him about it and said he showed his address which was the house he was supposedly watching but its still weird. :smalleek:

Especially when I come home from work around 5:30 ask if he was there earlier and find out he's been sitting for 2-3 hours outside.

The Dark Fiddler
2010-03-15, 01:58 PM

Oh dear, he's spreading.

Pyrian
2010-03-15, 02:04 PM
Wouldn't that defeat the point of being slender? :smallamused:

Telonius
2010-03-15, 02:05 PM
We currently have that problem, except not that bad.

Some guy in a white Toyota is parked in front of our house almost everyday (sometimes for hours) and claims to be watching his house which is a few houses down but across a minor-medium street with traffic. My Mom confronted him about it and said he showed his address which was the house he was supposedly watching but its still weird. :smalleek:

Especially when I come home from work around 5:30 ask if he was there earlier and find out he's been sitting for 2-3 hours outside.

That one sounds like a seriously paranoid spouse trying to catch somebody in the act.

golentan
2010-03-15, 02:21 PM
When I was with my GF in the park, one homeless... person... felt the need to share, at great length, what it was like to be a hermaphrodite. For an hour. And they kept ogling people. We tried to leave, but were followed so didn't want to go to either of our houses. It was... disturbing.

Thajocoth
2010-03-15, 02:44 PM
I was slightly creeped out when, at the GDC this week, I wandered into the meeting room area. It's quiet... and this guy in a full business suit comes out of one of the rooms, comes over to me, leans towards me a bit, and says (not too loudly) "Hey, wanna see something cool?"

So I followed him into his meeting room and the Darkworks Trioviz demo was awesome. That's what he showed me: http://www.darkworks.com/

3D output with a single render on an ordinary TV. Requires special glasses, but is not blurry without them. I'm looking forward to games using this system.

RandomNPC
2010-03-15, 04:28 PM
Sorry, I'll stop.

on a more serious note, If your lady friends mother doesn't care, tell her to tell the informant to knock it off, or get the informants info from her, name and whatnot. Begin stalking the stalker and calling them with reports on what they did that day.

Imagne that.
*Ring ring* hello?
"Today you followed someone around for three hours and made two phone calls."

creepy.

snoopy13a
2010-03-15, 04:31 PM
So... apparantly people have been... well, not spying, but observing my girlfriend and I when we're out together in her car (her car is pretty distinctive and stuff), and it seems that they somehow feel the need to report that my girlfriend and I, like any couple, occasionally kiss. They take this information, and report it to her mother, who really couldn't care less about what we were doing, and is somewhat weirded out herself that these people have been doing such things.

So, has anyone else had any similar sort of experiences? I know that this creeps me out a rather large amount :smalleek:

There's a lot of busybodies in the world who don't mind their business and there always will be. Not much you can do about it.

druid91
2010-03-15, 10:56 PM
There's a lot of busybodies in the world who don't mind their business and there always will be. Not much you can do about it.

Except be like me and dream to live in a veritable fortress, preferably built in an area that is about to become urbanized in a few years so you have the old man druid91s place and p.s. 12 within a few blocks. Wear clothes that even conceal your skin where a helmet with a face mask, drive a tank and have the front of your house have 40ft high double doors made of steel and lead, not to mention lead lined concrete for walls barbed wire and in general just make it so your house and property is too expensive for the state to buy except in extreme circumstances, Oh and I mustn't forget the huge stone pillars engraved with tales of my glory, that and the elevator to the tunnels. yeah, I'm never getting my dream house am I?
tl;dr
and yes people are crazy like that, why the heck people want to know I will never know but since they want to know I say know! Oh know I meant to type no!.