PDA

View Full Version : Running Start

Thefurmonger
2010-03-15, 11:24 AM
Hey all, so my arena barbarian of doom (Actually not that good) is ready to level up to second after his current match

Character Sheet Here (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=173082)

I think I am going warblade for my next level.

I really like the Jump as a swift action boost as my jump mod is normally +34 or so durring a game.

Is there an easy way to make all jumps count as if you have a running start?

Also anyone famillier with Warblades please feel free to look at my character and give any advice, I was thinking of re-training out of blade proof skin.

Thanks for the help.

Greenish
2010-03-15, 11:25 AM
Offhand, there was a Tiger Claw stance, but that won't help you for a long while. Other than that, I can only think of some class features (ninja?).

Thefurmonger
2010-03-15, 11:33 AM
yeah i wasnt sure if there was some obscure item somewhere

OMG PONIES
2010-03-15, 11:39 AM
I believe there is a feat called "Leap of the Heavens" in the PHB 2.

arguskos
2010-03-15, 11:41 AM
I believe there is a feat called "Leap of the Heavens" in the PHB 2.
Doesn't make all Jumps count as running starts. It makes it so you don't double the DCs for standing jumps, and get a +5 bonus to running jumps.

Thefurmonger
2010-03-15, 02:39 PM
Thanks for the tip.

Starbuck_II
2010-03-15, 02:41 PM
Ninja class learns that.

Greenish
2010-03-15, 02:47 PM
Doesn't make all Jumps count as running starts. It makes it so you don't double the DCs for standing jumps,But isn't doubled DC the only penalty for jumping without running start?

(Since counter-intuitively you get to add your speed bonus to the jump check even when you don't get a running start.)

arguskos
2010-03-15, 02:50 PM
But isn't doubled DC the only penalty for jumping without running start?

(Since counter-intuitively you get to add your speed bonus to the jump check even when you don't get a running start.)
I have no idea, I don't know the Jump rules that well. I just posted what the feat did. It might? But, it doesn't specifically make you count as having a running start, in case that's relevant for some feats/class abilities. I find precise wording matters a great deal in this game.