PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some good feats etc. for my Swiftblade

DudestMonk
2010-03-15, 03:40 PM
So I have a gestualt character drawn up (with a rule stating that I must be in core for one class at all times) it looks like:

Duskblade 5 / Swiftblade 10 / Eldritch Knight 5
Wizard 16 / ??? 4 /

Anyway I'm looking for good feats, spells (trying to decide what to specialize in) and items at this point.

Originally I was going to go for buffs to make my melee better but we have a buff focused Favored Soul in the party. So I'm thinking touch spells to increase the synergy with Duskblade? I still don't know which would be the best specialization for this class though, and what to give up.

I know extended spell is clutch for this character(for use with haste), I also plan on grabbing Spontaneous Divination, because its just great for solving problems.

So yeah any thoughts/suggestions?

Dusk Eclipse
2010-03-15, 03:43 PM
Ditch Eldritch knight and use Abjrant champion, same chasis but without loosing CL and with some good class features.

also try to get nasty spells such as .. bestow curse, or the inflict line of spells to power your arcane channeling. also get arcane strike to bump your damage.

DudestMonk
2010-03-15, 03:46 PM
Ditch Eldritch knight and use Abjrant champion, same chasis but without loosing CL and with some good class features.

I can't Eldritch is core, Abjurant in not. Well actually I could go to Abjurant but part of the purpose to the Eldritch switch was freeing me to take another outside core prestige class for those last 4 levels (I haven't decided what yet).

...This little rule of the DMs makes building a gestalt character really tough, especially since it also outlaws classes in use by the other party members as well.

I'm gonna look into that other stuff right now though.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-03-15, 03:49 PM
you can dual prestige?.... well you can take dragon disciple for str bonus, some extra spells and other goodies and have abjurant champion on the other side

something like

Duskblade 5/Swiftblade10/Abjurant Champion 5//Wizard 15/Dragon Disciple 5

one side is completely core and the other not. hows that?

Edit: to qualify for Dragon disciple using Duskblade an select your extra spells for the wizard (not that you need them)

DudestMonk
2010-03-15, 03:58 PM
you can dual prestige?.... well you can take dragon disciple for str bonus, some extra spells and other goodies and have abjurant champion on the other side

something like

Duskblade 5/Swiftblade10/Abjurant Champion 5//Wizard 15/Dragon Disciple 5

one side is completely core and the other not. hows that?

Edit: to qualify for Dragon disciple using Duskblade an select your extra spells for the wizard (not that you need them)

Yeah that would be sweet, and would work because Dragon Disciple is core.

Tinydwarfman
2010-03-15, 04:00 PM
Yeah that would be sweet... but no that wouldn't work because I'm out of core on both lines at the same time.

??? No you're not... Dragon Disciple is core...

Can you tell us what houserules you are using?

DudestMonk
2010-03-15, 04:02 PM
??? No you're not... Dragon Disciple is core...

Can you tell us what houserules you are using?

See Edit...I just looked up DD and learned that is core, and that yes this would work and would be sweet strength and armor are what this character will need at that level.

Tinydwarfman
2010-03-15, 04:05 PM
See Edit...I just looked up DD and learned that is core, and that yes this would work and would be sweet strength and armor are what this character will need at that level.

But can you still tell us what houserules you are using? Because you normally can't use two PrCs at the same time.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-03-15, 04:06 PM
now for gear... the handbook (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=6280.0) at BG got a really nice list.

either way get the highest int bonus item you can, a two handed weapon (reach preferably) some way to fly without using your thir level slots (I am a fan of wings of flying but they are expensive)..... let me see If I can find the link to the handbook

Esit found it

DudestMonk
2010-03-15, 04:08 PM
now for gear... the handbook at BG got a really nice list.

either way get the highest int bonus item you can, a two handed weapon (reach preferably) some way to fly without using your thir level slots (I am a fan of wings of flying but they are expensive)..... let me see If I can find the link to the handbook

For flight I usually use the Phatom Steed I think its called, by level 14 (we are starting at 12) its a castable (1hr/lvl) warhorse with flight...makes other forms of flying obsolete, although I dunno how that would react with all this haste abuse.

Also thank you very much for that handbook link...sweeeeet.

Petrocorus
2010-03-15, 04:41 PM
One dip in Knight Phantom (from Five Nation of Eberron) will give you Phantom steed as a spell like ability and the ability to cast arcane spell with light armor.
Cost a caster level.

KellKheraptis
2010-03-15, 05:51 PM
I would go Duskblade 3/Swashbuckler 3/Swiftblade 10/Abjurant Champion 4||Wizard 10/Dragon Disciple 10. Ends up with exactly 20 levels of Wizard progression, two capstone PrC's, full Half Dragon, and full BAB. AC 5 will only add two AC and 3rd level quickened abjurations, both of which you can cover elsewhere. As for feats, this screams the Flyby Attack line, and also Elusive Target. Between the mobility and miss chances, hitting you will be a nightmare.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-03-15, 06:01 PM
I would go Duskblade 3/Swashbuckler 3/Swiftblade 10/Abjurant Champion 4||Wizard 10/Dragon Disciple 10. Ends up with exactly 20 levels of Wizard progression, two capstone PrC's, full Half Dragon, and full BAB. AC 5 will only add two AC and 3rd level quickened abjurations, both of which you can cover elsewhere. As for feats, this screams the Flyby Attack line, and also Elusive Target. Between the mobility and miss chances, hitting you will be a nightmare.

I suppose Swasbuckler there is for INT to damage and for full bab right?

and yes, the fly-by attack line seems good with this build