PDA

View Full Version : Rival group name problem.

pffh
2010-03-15, 06:30 PM
My players have disturbing some powerful enemies these last few sessions and a group has been sent to take care of them, I want this to be a sort of rival party but I'm having problems thinking of a good name for them.

The PC's party is called Knights of the Velvet Boar, named after the tavern they bought with their loot and turned into a high class gentleman's club run by a half succubus.

herrhauptmann
2010-03-15, 06:36 PM
The Order
The Skulls
The real question is how much you're trying to invest in the whole 'evil opposites' or 'polar versions' of the party. If a lot, The Linear Guild.

Dust
2010-03-15, 06:36 PM
You have an amazin' group.

Assuming this is for 3.5 and you want something purely 'dangerous sounding' since you didn't specify the rival group's names, alignments, or qualities. I suggest 'The _____ Legion', and you can fill that blank with any single word that suits your fancy.

Sir_Elderberry
2010-03-15, 06:37 PM
Blackguards of the Woolen Sheep.

Boci
2010-03-15, 06:38 PM
The Pig Stickers, if they know the PC's name.

pffh
2010-03-15, 06:49 PM
Hmm the Pig stickers sounds good.

But yeah the PC's are mostly chaotic neutral and true neutral so they'll be mostly lawful neutral and true neutral. I want them to be similar but different, a good example would be the PC bard that's focused on buffing with his songs and shooting with his crossbow so one of the rivals will be a bard (or a beguiler) that's more focused on his spells. Another example would be the PC cleric that buffs up and wades into combat with his greatsword so the rival will be a cloistered cleric.

Reverse
2010-03-15, 07:09 PM
Cobra Kai...

Ferena
2010-03-15, 07:26 PM
I suggest something person based, because your players have a name based on a location, so the opposite would be something based on the name of a leader/patron or some thing like that.

For example "the order of (insert name of the leader here)"

Gnomo
2010-03-15, 07:29 PM
The Black Glove (they all wear black gloves or gauntlets).
Order of the Dim Night.
Circle of Devil's Whisper.