PDA

View Full Version : Druid alienist.

RagnaroksChosen
2010-03-15, 09:17 PM
So I was reading alienist and i was thinking about how people belive that it would be sub par compaired to malconvoker. Which i belive it is. However do you think taking alienist on a druid or a character that has summon natures ally would be better as the psudonatural template would apply to more of the list and at an earlyer level then summon monster (in the cases of animals.)

Edit: bagh found where it says it only applys to summon monster... dang..

well would it be over powered to let it work with the summon natures ally?

JeminiZero
2010-03-15, 09:21 PM
Seeing as to how a Druid taking Alienist would lose Animal Companion and Wildshape progression, I would guess that an Alienist Druid would not be more powerful than a straight Druid, even if his SNA got a pseudonatural boost.

(Whether it would be overpowered is another thing entirely. A straight druid in and of itself is already overpowered compared to a straight fighter.)

RagnaroksChosen
2010-03-15, 09:25 PM
(Whether it would be overpowered is another thing entirely. A straight druid in and of itself is already overpowered compared to a straight fighter.)

I guess thats like saying would a spirit shaman be overpowered with it?

Rainbownaga
2010-03-16, 03:57 AM
-2 to wisdom sucks for most divine casters.

Edit: That said, a caster-cleric in one of my groups took a one level dip. You lose spellcasting summons, but getting free truestrike on each monster is pretty cool.

Optimystik
2010-03-16, 05:58 AM
Congratulations, you have removed all fey and elementals (read: everything useful) from your summoning list, in favor of Cthulhu wannabes that can hit something 1/day and give their enemies a whopping -1 to attack rolls.