PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: FFRP (no new applications, please)

Pages : [1] 2 3

Destro_Yersul
2010-03-15, 10:06 PM
Those whose names have been entered into yon sign up list find themselves here, at the edge of a field that totally isn't bleak or desolate in any way. A short distance away is a little pavilion, consisting of eight pillars constructed of dark stone and a roof made of the same material. Torches are set into sconces on each of the eight pillars, casty shadowy illumination into the night and flickering in a decidedly un-sinister fashion.

Standing in front of the pavilion, looking really rather pleased with himself, is Destro. This is evidently where he's been this whole time, or he wouldn't be smiling quite so widely. And it's fairly obvious he has been busy. The distances in this place are quite indistinct, though there are mountains that way and an inexplicably floating house a little ways over there and several forests full of entirely dead trees, it's very difficult to get a good bearing on where exactly each one is. Not that this matters. Everyone is obviously supposed to go to the pavilion for rules explanations, dividing into teams, and other things traditionally associated with this game.

The reason this is obvious is because Destro is waving everyone over.

For Posterity and easy access, the player list:

Red Team:
Wulfen Black, played by Creed.
Magtok, played by Magtok
Haruki, played by Haruki-kun
Foro, played by Apeoflight
Terre and Tirre, the Dvaati Twins, played by Chaotic Bob
Natalie, played by Kid Kris

Blue Team:
Alysha, played by KerfuffleMach2
Danica, played by Gimligamer
Aquata, played by Kurama
Nimai/Kirana, played by Lord Iames Osari
Kirrla, played by EleventhHour
Reinholdt, played by Reinholdt

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-15, 10:10 PM
Nimai enters the pavilion!

ApeofLight
2010-03-15, 10:12 PM
Foro comes onto the island and looks around. It's so big! And so indistinct! Who knows how far those mountains are.

The magma monkey sees the Destro waving and waves back. Then the ape sees all the other people going to the pavilion so he hurries over to Destro too.

Gimliggamer
Danica slowly walks across the field to the pavillion, idly tossing one of her daggers into the air and catching it over and over again. When she gets there, she slides her dagger into it's special made sheath with a quiet 'click!'. She stands in the pavillion, leaning against the pillar, waiting for Destro to talk.
http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/1003/d15/2253/3116350.png (http://tektek.org/avatar/35451268)

Viera Champion
Aquata, the living/sentient water elemental, walks over to the pavilion.

Ashen Lilies
2010-03-15, 10:19 PM
A woman is there, on the end of the plane. She's tall, and dressed in black bootcut jeans and a black halterneck top, though with a thick black jacket to protect from the still remaining chill. Her boots are, predictably enough, black. As is her hair, which are shoulder length ringlets. And her eyes as well, though they could be seen as deep violet in a certain light. And though she wasn't wearing any currently, being of the practical sort, one would imagine if she were to wear makeup, the lipstick and eyeshadow would be black as well. She's just that type of person.
She enters the Pavilion, looking around curiously.

Chaotic Bob
2010-03-15, 10:26 PM
When they arrived, they were glowing a little green, so excited were they.
A side effect of this green glow is that while they were bouncing around and chattering, they were doing it rather fast. Or really fast.
Undoubtedly annoying, but that's not something that'd concern them.

Terre and Tirre had more important things to do!

They'd be trying to make sure everyone else was excited too! They're gonna play a game! A big fun game with stuff and prizes and action and events and maybe monsters andohwowitsgonnabesoawesomeandfun!

"Oooh, maybe we'll be on his team!"
"Or maybe we'll be on her team!"
"Or theirs! This is already fun! What do you think we'll win?"
"Maybe a magical unending cake!"
"Or a giant brownie!"
"Yeah! Giant brownie!"

And babbling to themselves along those lines, they ever so chipper dvaati twins skip over towards the pavilion.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-03-15, 10:49 PM
A young woman appears. She wears black sneakers, blue jeans, a black hoodie, and black-half gloves. She carries a tan shoulder bag as well.

She has long, brown hair and hazel eyes. Her face is very pale. She smiles at everybody as she makes her way to the pavilion, revealing a pair of pointed fangs.

Her bag makes clinking noises as she walks. Like there were a bunch of glass bottles in it.

Reinholdt
2010-03-15, 11:24 PM
A small blue cat sneaks his way across the field to the pavilion, padding quietly in a way only felines can do.

It's been way too long since he's been treasure hunting, and frankly the distraction would do him some good. Even if it's a game show and not a treasure hunt proper.

Reinholdt nods to Destro as he enters the pavilion. Destro being the only person that he's seen so far that he knows. Distantly.

Destro_Yersul
2010-03-16, 12:55 AM
the small group currently gathered here is obviously not everyone, but Destro waves to the ones he knows, mainly the Twins, Rein and Foro at the moment, and begins talking anyways. As he speaks a roll of parchment uncurls from the ceiling of the pavilion behind him, his words etching their way across it in large friendly letters.

Hi everybody, and welcome to Survivor. We should have a lot of fun, and if we're lucky no literal backstabbing will occur. The rules of the game are simple. You'll be divided into two teams of... He pauses to do a quick head count, including the heads of people who haven't arrived yet. Six each. Then you'll complete various challenges, designed by me. Rules for individual challenges will be explained prior to said challenges.

The most important rule, of course, is that here I'm the boss. I make the rules, and I deal with the people who break the rules. If nobody breaks the rules, we'll be fine. Second, do try and be creative with the challenges. I obviously can't test you on physical ability here, so I'll be testing other stuff instead. Third, the actual rules of the game. Whichever team wins the challenge of the day gets immunity from elimination. The other team has to vote somebody off. Votes will be collected anonymously and tallied by me. Whichever unlucky person gets picked has to go home with the consolation prize, which consists of your own personal definition trout and a little pin with a smiley face on it. Once we get down to four people left, the teams get combined into one last team. Working together is important, but if you want to go home a winner some strategising is encouraged. And one final thing... there is a single gold statuette hidden somewhere here. It's not in the pavilion, but it could be anywhere else within about a mile radius.

He hasn't paused to breath during this whole thing, probably because he doesn't have to.

Gimliggamer
2010-03-16, 01:01 AM
Danica silently nods as she listens to Destro, still leaning against the pillar. She notes that she doesn't know any of the people here, unsurprised. She still idly flicks her daggers into the air, waiting for the next announcement.

Ashen Lilies
2010-03-16, 05:52 AM
Natalie nods, already thinking about how she might find the statuette.
"And what's so special about the statuette?"
She asks.

Viera Champion
2010-03-16, 09:19 AM
Aquata nods as Natalie asks her question, then two balls of water float off of him. They morph into little eyeballs.
And when can we start searching for it?

Reinholdt
2010-03-16, 10:54 AM
"Actually, I already found it." Reinholdt says, summoning a single gold statuette from his kitty carrying space.

Of course, it's the wrong one completely and it wasn't found anywhere near here, but the prank is worth it to see their faces. If just for a little bit, before Destro corrects Reinholdt and he gets rotten food thrown at himself.

Destro_Yersul
2010-03-16, 11:20 AM
Did I forget to mention that? I'm sorry. Destro chuckles at Reinholdt's joke and tosses the cat a trout. It's not a rotten one. That's for the joke. I found it rather amusing, even if they all didn't.

The statuette, which is totally different from the one Reinholdt here has, provides whoever has it can use it to save themselves from elimination. Once it's used, I hide it somewhere else. You may begin looking as soon as the game officially starts, buy no stealing it from the people who have it once it's been found, though it can be traded or what have you, and you don't have to tell people if you find it. It's only good until there's four people left, though. After that, you'll have to make it on your own merits.

Creed
2010-03-16, 03:19 PM
Before anyone realizes it, Wulfen is standing in their midst.

"Is this the field of play for Survivor? I believe I signed up in Trog's a few days ago..."

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-16, 03:28 PM
"What happens if both teams beat the day's challenge?" Nimai asks.

Destro_Yersul
2010-03-16, 03:37 PM
Yes sir, it is. As for what happens if both teams beat the challenge, judging the winning team would fall to me. There will always be a winning team for each challenge.

Creed
2010-03-16, 03:40 PM
"Sounds like bloody good fun". Wulfen starts loading his gun and takes a sip from a plastic water bottle that has "Ichor Liquor" written on the side.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-16, 03:43 PM
"Okay. So when do we start?"

Creed
2010-03-16, 05:06 PM
Wulfen is sad. He is already out of Ichor Liquor.:smallfrown:

Lord Magtok
2010-03-16, 05:21 PM
Magtok abruptly appears in the pavilion, having somehow been here the whole time and entirely up to date on everything Destro's explained, for reasons even he himself doesn't understand. Blinking in confusion, he quietly wonders if that intern of his somehow bonked him over the head and dumped him into some virtual reality chamber, because he never gets to go anywhere this nice, not without some cruel, violent, ironic twist attached, anyways.

Losers go home alive? Aww, that's no fun...

The tin man idly pinches himself in the side, hoping to awaken from whatever trance he’s been put under. He can't help but wonder, though. If this is truly just a magic or technology-induced dream, why the fudge is Reinholdt here? And how did Mag inexplicably wind up in his lighter, comfy AMENization XIII robes?

Reinholdt
2010-03-16, 08:22 PM
Grr... it's Magtok. Well at least Reinholdt knows who he doesn't want on his team now.

He puts away his prank idol and starts noming on the free trout that was just given to him.

Chaotic Bob
2010-03-16, 08:49 PM
Meanwhile, the Twins are running laps inside the pavilion.
And still babbling about that brownie.

Or they were, anyway.
At some point, they stopped to properly inspect Destro.

Which will undoubtedly involve poking, conferring, and snickering.
Hopefully he won't mind.

"When do we start, Not-Quite-Dead Guy?"
"When does the fun arrive?"

They seem entirely indifferent to the other questions, though they've likely heard and retained everything. Maybe.

Destro_Yersul
2010-03-16, 10:17 PM
Well, first I have to assign the teams, which I will be doing now. Since I don't feel like being creative, the two teams will be red and blue. One the Red Team...

The list floating behind Destro separated, the names on it rearranging themselves into two groups. As the lich rattled off names, little ribbons of the appropriate colours appeared floating in front of the people who were meant to wear them.

Lord Magtok, Wulfen Black, Natalie, Terre and Tirre, Foro, Haruki. Destro glanced around and blinked. Someone make sure Haruki gets his ribbon when he shows up. Blue Team is Alysha, Aquata, Nimai, Danica, Raril and Reinholdt. One of you do the same thing for Raril. Once you're in your teams, I'll take you to the camp. This pavilion here will only be used for the voting people off.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-16, 10:27 PM
Nimai puts her blue ribbon in her hair.

Viera Champion
2010-03-16, 10:28 PM
Aquata takes the ribbon, and ties it around his forehead like a headband. He then looks at all the other people on his team, taking the extra ribbon for Raril.

Chaotic Bob
2010-03-16, 10:47 PM
The Twins bounce a bit as they take their ribbons and tie them to their ankles.

"Hooray Red Team!"
"Oooh, the fire monkey guy is with us!"
"Yay!"

Magma monkeys are quite entertaining, dontcha know.

Gimliggamer
2010-03-16, 11:18 PM
Danica takes her blue ribbon and ties it around her waist like a belt. Then the hilts of her daggers shift from black to a dark blue color. She still idly flicks her daggers, surveying the people around her. Oh and the cat and the magma monkey. Can't forget to include those.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-03-16, 11:32 PM
Alysha uses her blue ribbon to tie her hair back into a ponytail. Her bag clinks a little as she moves her arms.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-16, 11:45 PM
Nimai goes over to Danica and Alysha. "Hi! My name's Nimai, we're teammates! I hope we can be friends!"

KerfuffleMach2
2010-03-17, 12:02 AM
Alysha replies with a large grin, showing her fangs. I'm Alysha! Nice to meet you!

Artemis97
2010-03-17, 12:05 AM
They say if you speak of the devil that he shall appear. I'm not entirely certain if this is true, but the same appears to apply to drow, as Raril has just arrived, casually strolling up to the pavillion.

He wasn't entirely sure what he was doing here, but someone had mentioned an island vacation. Gods know he needed a vacation. Unfortunately, the black stone pavillion didn't look like any vacation spot he'd ever imagined. Not the tropical sort, anyways. The craftsmanship was nice, though, the Underdark-born elf notes.

Of course, it was all a Wizard's doing.

Raril waves to Destro as he walks in. "Sorry I'm late. I ended up losing my way on this plane where everyone was speaking this weird language and all the signs had superflous letters and there was this big iron tower in the middle of it all..." The drow rambles on a bit, trying to process his Player's delay due to French Homework. "Anyways, did you say I was on the blue team? Seems I've dressed properly then." His characteristic grin crosses the bard's face. Raril was, today as he often was, wearing his favorite blue shirt.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-17, 12:10 AM
"How come you have fangs?" Nimai asks.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-03-17, 12:13 AM
Well...not too long ago, I got turned into a vampire. She shuffles her feet a little.

But don't worry. I brought a bunch of this stuff, so I won't have to bite anybody. She reaches into her bag and pulls out a glass bottle. It is filled with a dark fluid. The label on it reads "Ichor Liquor".

Hearing Raril talk about him being on the blue team, Alysha will quickly try to wave him over.

Gimliggamer
2010-03-17, 12:15 AM
Danica grins at Nimai before noticing Alysha's fangs. She isn't surprised by the answer though. Why else would you have fangs?

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-17, 12:23 AM
"Well that's good!" Nimai smiles at Raril. "Hi, are you Raril? My name is Nimai!"

Artemis97
2010-03-17, 12:24 AM
Raril notices he's being waved to and walks over to the little group.

"Yes, I'm Raril. Raril Xar'Cha." The drow introduces himself. "It's nice to meet you, Nimai."

KerfuffleMach2
2010-03-17, 12:26 AM
Hi! Alysha is grinning when he walks over, her fangs still showing. I'm Alysha! Welcome to Blue Team!

Destro_Yersul
2010-03-17, 12:27 AM
Not to worry, you're right on time. Destro, in this case the wizard who did it, grins widely. And why do you think I put you on Blue Team? I know how much you like that shirt.

The lich waves a hand idly in Aquata's direction. He's got your ribbon. You should go ahead and meet your team, the rules are on the paper over there, and I'm here if you have any questions. Hope you like what I've done with the place. "The place," evidently, being the distinctly bleak looking plane they're all standing on.

Artemis97
2010-03-17, 12:32 AM
Alysha's fangs make the drow a tad nervous, but he does his best to hide it. Look, she'd even brought plenty of ichor, and she was a teammate, besides that. She wasn't going to go biting anyone. Certainly she wouldn't try to sink her fangs into his neck.

Probably.

"Thanks." He responds, a touch hesitantly, trying to stay friendly.

When Destro mentions 'the place' Raril peers out over the landscape. He'd seen worse places. He'd seen better places too, though. One landmark carches his attention, and the drow squints at it. "Isn't that your house?" He asks, glancing back at the lich.

((And it's past my bedtime, there's more classes tomorrow. Happy St. Paddy's Day everyone (Unless you celebrated on Monday) and Goodnight))

ApeofLight
2010-03-17, 12:34 AM
Foro happily grabs the ribbon and slams in into his forehead.

" Hooray Foro on red team! Go red team! Yeah! " Seems like the monkey is all ready to go for this. Team spirit and everything.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-03-17, 12:42 AM
And now I deadtime. Night all!

Destro_Yersul
2010-03-17, 12:43 AM
Yes. Yes it is. Destro is still grinning widely, probably pleased that someone commented on the floating building. That's where I'll be staying when I'm not out following you all around and arbitrating disputes. Needs to be some room for plotting without me looking over everyone's shoulders, right?

Ashen Lilies
2010-03-17, 06:42 AM
Natalie smiles at Destro's statement as she takes her ribbon and uses it to tie back her hair, which is now inexplicably waist-length and straight.
She idly checks through her gear, the sword hilt, the pipes, and the bell handles, one-two-three. And then, more lightly than the others, the fourth bell.

Reinholdt
2010-03-17, 09:00 AM
Reinholdt takes his blue ribbon and ties it loosely around his neck in one of those knots that come undone when pulled on. So it doesn't get caught on something and choke him to death of course.

Raril... Raril... Raril... where had he heard that name before? :smallconfused:

And then he shows up. And Reinholdt gulps.
RARIL?!? :eek:
Are these people nuts?!
THE sadistic monster who would cut off your ear if he doesn't like the symmetry of your face? THE terror of the underdark?
Raril...

Reinholdt rather changes his mind about being on Magtok's team, but too late for that now. Instead he dives behind a nearby pillar to hide, peeking out every once in a while at his own team.

Creed
2010-03-17, 09:15 AM
Wulfen takes the ribbon and ties it to his leg

Haruki-kun
2010-03-17, 09:36 AM
Haruki sneaks in, grabs his ribbon and uses it to tie his hair back. Then he thinks better of it and replaces his scarf with it.

"Looks too girly if I use it like an actual ribbon," he mutters. "And it's RED! Geez! Now I'm gonna have to change my clothes to match...."

He goes to stand next to Magtok with arms folded.

Viera Champion
2010-03-17, 10:19 AM
Aquata taps Raril on the shoulder.
I believe this is yours.
He holds out the blue ribbon.

Artemis97
2010-03-17, 01:15 PM
"Hm?" The drow turns to look at Aquata over his shoulder. "Oh, thanks." Raril flashes him a grin and takes the ribbon. He ties it around hsi hat band, leaving the tails of the ribbon dangling off the back.

Destro_Yersul
2010-03-17, 02:02 PM
Alright, I think that's everyone. If you would all just follow me?

Destro turns and walks away from the pavilion. Assuming everyone follows him, they'll all arrive shortly at a small clearing in the middle of the forest of dead trees. Two low bunkhouses have been constructed from the same stone as the pavilion, facing each other across the empty ground. Each has a porch extending for several feet beyond its front door, covered by the roof and set with deck chairs of a wood almost as dark as the stone. The double doors to the interior of the houses are identically engraved with images of a man and a woman holding crossed flags. The flags on one door are inset with chips of red stone, and the other door has blue. Similarly coloured banners hang from the pillars supporting each roof.

These will be your camps. Each house has enough beds inside for everyone on each team, as well as a footlocker for any possessions you may wish to store here. Don't worry about size or anything, there will be enough room for whatever you happen to have.

Destro smiles at the assembled teams. Who wants to jump straight to today's challenge, and who wants some time to settle in first?

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-17, 02:28 PM
Nimai looks at the other members of Blue Team. "I'm ready to start right away. What about you guys?"

Haruki-kun
2010-03-17, 02:31 PM
Haruki stores Chain Chomp inside the foot locker. "Good boy!" he says. "Stay there, it's big enough."

"ARF ARF!"

"What? No, I've no idea what you mean by animal abuse." Haruki closes the lid and walks outside again.

Lord Magtok
2010-03-17, 04:09 PM
Magtok lazily affixes his ribbon to the back of his left palm until he can think of a better place to keep it. He then briefly steps into bunkhouse, where he drops a small laptop, some spare sets of robes, a nifty MagBattery should the cyborg half's Magtolium fuel reserves dwindle, a travel-size toothbrush, a case of bucket of fried chicken, some cans of Mag-Whale Repellent, a live goose with piercing red laser-firing eyes, a blindfold for that goose, and even a Mr. Tomato Face toy into a foot locker.

Okay, so we've got a cyborg, angel, fire monkey, some twins, a blood-drinker, and whatever the hell the woman is, on our team.

...Yeah, this is going to be totally insane. I think I'll be sleeping with one eye still active 'round you people.

Viera Champion
2010-03-17, 04:39 PM
Aquata, having nothing to put away, stays outside.
I'm ready to start whenever my team is.

Haruki-kun
2010-03-17, 06:16 PM
Ruki follows Magtok around the cabin. "So... do you generally de-activate the cyborg eye? I always wonder."

Creed
2010-03-17, 06:58 PM
"I am not just any blood drinker. I don't drink blood fresh from the vein. It's disgusting." Wulfen says to Magtok as he stores a sawed off shotgun, a economy size crate of ammo, a few kegs of Ichor Liqour, and a bazooka in his footlocker.

"By the way everyone, I'm Wulfen Black. It's a pleasure meeting you all, and I hope my limeted expertise will be useful to the red team. I suppose I will see 3 of you in the finals."

Lord Magtok
2010-03-17, 07:50 PM
Magtok shrugs.

Yes, but most of the time I don't actually have to sleep. Clones, y'know. So I just keep awake with coffee and sugar, hallucinating and coming up with insanely brilliant new Magbot designs every now and then, until I eventually just collapse from exhaustion. Luckily it hasn't seemed to cause any long-term sanity damage, because that would-

Magtok abruptly comes to a stop, and tries to poke at Haruki's wing with a finger.

...Have you always been half dove? :smallconfused:

KerfuffleMach2
2010-03-17, 08:22 PM
Alysha doesn't stick anything in her locker. Her weapon appears when she needs it, and she wants to keep her Ichor Liquor with her at all times. She still isn't exactly sure how long she can go without any.

I'm ready to start! She is very excited.

Reinholdt
2010-03-17, 09:19 PM
Reinholdt follows, keeping one wary eye on Raril. He certainly seemed different. Still... acts can be acts.

Regardless, he has nothing to put away, what with being a cat who already carries mostly everything he owns, so just stays outside.
"I suppose we could use a few moments to get acquainted with our team and see who was skilled at what, but I have no objections to jumping right in either."

ApeofLight
2010-03-17, 09:25 PM
Foro raises his hand and waves it around excitedly.

" Foro is ready to go now! Also Foro doesn't need bed or foot chesty thingy. Foro has a hat! Also Foro prefer to sleep in ground most of time. " Explains Foro. " Foro ready to go now. Foro ready to go. Go go go go go go go! "

The magma monkey is now running around in circles way to excited to just sit around and do nothing.

Haruki-kun
2010-03-17, 09:48 PM
Magtok shrugs.

Yes, but most of the time I don't actually have to sleep. Clones, y'know. So I just keep awake with coffee and sugar, hallucinating and coming up with insanely brilliant new Magbot designs every now and then, until I eventually just collapse from exhaustion. Luckily it hasn't seemed to cause any long-term sanity damage, because that would-

Magtok abruptly comes to a stop, and tries to poke at Haruki's wing with a finger.

...Have you always been half dove? :smallconfused:

Haruki looks confused. "Uh... Not that I know of?" He pokes his own wing, not understanding why it's being confused with that of a dove's. "This may require further research."

Reinholdt
2010-03-17, 09:51 PM
"Find out if your wings lather up by themselves in the shower Haruki. Then you'll know they're Dove."

KerfuffleMach2
2010-03-17, 09:58 PM
Alysha notices that the talking cat has the same color ribbon as her.

Awesome!

She'll wave and grin at him. Hi! I'm Alysha!

Reinholdt
2010-03-17, 10:08 PM
Reinholdt turns towards Alysha. "Hello Alysha. I'm Reinholdt, Treasure Hunter Extraordinaire." He kitty says with a flourish.

He probably looks at that much more adorable with the ribbon around his neck in a bow like that.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-03-17, 10:10 PM
She giggles, then gives him a short bow. Pleased to meet you.

Her constant grinning shows her fangs quite nice.

Reinholdt
2010-03-17, 10:18 PM
Reinholdt has fangs too! Kinda...
Ok, he has them, but they aren't long enough to do anything but hurt.

Fortunately, he was paying attention earlier, despite having a trout to nom on so already knows that she's a vampire. Which brings him to another question since it's come up rather often around ACRO what with all the vampires running around. At daytime.
"How do you survive in the day? Do you sparkle?"

KerfuffleMach2
2010-03-17, 10:20 PM
She tilts her head a little, looking confused. Then it clicks.

Oh! Well, a combination of long clothes and a small Reflect spell. Works pretty good.

Haruki-kun
2010-03-17, 10:24 PM
"Find out if your wings lather up by themselves in the shower Haruki. Then you'll know they're Dove."

Haruki sneezes. "I... have this feeling... someone somewhere is talking about me.... and it involves a pun of sorts. Said person must pay. eventually."

Reinholdt
2010-03-17, 10:34 PM
Reinholdt whistles innocently. Haruki is an angel. You don't want to get on an angel's bad side. If you did, you'd be having a devil of a time staying alive.

"Oh. I guess you do sparkle then." Reflections are sparkly! "I'll try not to pounce on you."

KerfuffleMach2
2010-03-17, 10:46 PM
Alysha giggles again.

It's just a big enough one so sunlight doesn't hurt me. I've gotten pretty good at those.

Sorry bout the slowness. My pen tablet's going nuts. I think I need a new cord for it.

Reinholdt
2010-03-17, 11:08 PM
Trust me, you aren't slow.

"Oh well. Shame." Shiny things were nice.
Reinholdt can't really think of anything else to add.
So he doesn't.
*sit*
*stare*
*purr*

Artemis97
2010-03-17, 11:26 PM
"I'm ready to start." Raril pipes up. "I'm used to carrying my things." Most of it was adventuring gear, tucked away in that magical bag of his. Not knowing exactly what Destro would throw at them, he wanted to be prepared. This was a game, though. Shouldn't be too hard. Probably wouldn't be lethal, either. But you could never know with Wizards... Nah, Destro was an alright guy, skeleton... thing.

Ashen Lilies
2010-03-18, 08:46 AM
Reinholdt turns towards Alysha. "Hello Alysha. I'm Reinholdt, Treasure Hunter Extraordinaire." He kitty says with a flourish.

He probably looks at that much more adorable with the ribbon around his neck in a bow like that.

This garners attention from Natalie, provided Reinholdt isn't already in his separate building.
Stupid cat totally stole her thing! :smallmad:
She puts enters the building, then puts a sack into the footlocker, before coming back out.
"I'm ready. I think we'll learn more about each other in action, anyway."

Creed
2010-03-18, 09:15 AM
Wulfen is reAdy to go and is waiting outside the red team cabin

Haruki-kun
2010-03-18, 09:16 AM
Haruki is ready as well.

Gimliggamer
2010-03-18, 12:47 PM
Danica doesn't even bother to go inside the caven and just waits outside, flicking her daggers into the air once or twice before sliding them in their sheaths. She secures her pack before replying. "I'm ready." she says, watching the talking cat.

Destro_Yersul
2010-03-18, 04:49 PM
Perfect. The first challenge is a nice simple one to let you guys get eased into the game. Since I've set up camp for you, and provided most of the amenities, such as they are, we can skip that whole mess. However, I've just remembered that there are some very dangerous creatures on this plane. Normally they don't bother me, but you guys are new. They'll probably decided to attack the camps tonight. Your task is to build some defenses to hold them off. You're free to use whatever abilities you have at your disposal, but you will have limited resources, and I don't want to hear about anyone making more.

Destro waves a hand at some large crates near the edge of the clearing that certainly weren't there a moment ago. ropes, stone, wood, weaponry and mechanisms of all sorts. Anything that can't be built with those, I don't want to see. Oh, and while there should be enough weapons and stone, you only get four ropes, eighteen planks and twelve gears per team.

One last thing: There's no rule against stealing the other team's stuff. Unless it's food.

Creed
2010-03-18, 04:57 PM
Wulfen quickly starts dragging the red team crates toward the red cabin, and begins to rummage through the stuff. He then starts drawing up the blue prints for building a stone cresecent wall around the door way, and i suppose i'll get to work on it. Ideally, it would be 1 foot thick and 7 feet high, with small slits for guns and spears. It will likely not get done in time though....

"Another option would be to just barricade the door and hope we don't encounter anything that can burn down the cabin..."

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-18, 05:07 PM
"Can we use the crates as part of our defenses?" Nimai asks Destro.

Artemis97
2010-03-18, 05:29 PM
Stealing was alowed? Raril's eyes lit up a bit hearing that rule. Let the others work on the defenses. The drow decided he was going to make things difficult for the other team.

But not now, now he needed to at least look busy. "I've got a couple of shovels in my bag, if we want to build trenches or pits."

Lord Magtok
2010-03-18, 05:46 PM
Magtok looks at the supplies with a curious stare, his hand clasped over his chin as bunch of overly-elaborate defense schemes and pit-traps are discarded due to being far too overly elaborate.

Hmm...camouflaged wooden punji stick things, a snare with some big ol' rock as the counterweight, the slamming log thingies from Return of the Jedi only with rocks, maybe a sign pointing towards our neighbors with "These guys aren't as defended and taste better" written on it?

Magtok then pokes Haruki again, this time on the forehead. Natalie, seeing as Haruki's deadtimed and she doesn't seem to be doing anything of importance.

You're getting all these ideas written down and put into action, right?

Viera Champion
2010-03-18, 05:47 PM
Aquata picks up the Blue Teams stuff, and takes it over to their side. He immediately puts up a nice little water barrier in front of it to make it dificult for the other team to steal their stuff.

He then takes a look at some of the weaponry.
I don't actually sleep. I wonder if it would be against the rules for someone to keep watch, an guard.

Destro_Yersul
2010-03-18, 05:47 PM
Yeah, the crates are fair game, if you want to take the trouble to break them down. Or use them as they are. Or whatever. Keeping watches is also permitted. For the record, there's four crates per team, each one measuring four feet by four feet by six feet.

Viera Champion
2010-03-18, 05:52 PM
Aquata nods.
I could keep watch then. If you guys don't mind.
He says to the rest of the blue team.

Creed
2010-03-18, 05:56 PM
Wulfen finishes working on the main blueprints for the wall and asks Magtok "Is this too much wishful thinking? Ideally, it would be 1 foot thick and 7 feet high, with small slits for guns and spears."

ApeofLight
2010-03-18, 06:00 PM
Foro is listening to his red team members as he runs around. Eventually he comes to a stop.

" Oooh, Foro good at digging pits and trenches can Foro do something with that? Oh oh Foro can also shape rock good a lot of time. Foro is useful! " Seems like the enthusiastic magma elemental is all enthused to build defense against scary monsters.

Creed
2010-03-18, 06:03 PM
"I suppose that could be useful Foro, if it's all right with everyone else, go ahead. Or you could steal the other teams stuff." The last part Wulfen adds in a whisper.

Lord Magtok
2010-03-18, 06:07 PM
Magtok looks at the blueprints with a frown.

Well we've got a magma monkey, an angel, and everything else, so it shouldn't be too hard. But what if they're really good at sneaking around? Or jump really high? We could get completely overwhelmed by things that are careful to not go bump in the night, or by sneaky super-jumping ninja things. But so long as it's not our one and only defense, it looks pretty good. Just don't let the enemy see.

Magtok then turns away, and tries to shake some extra info out of their host.

Hey Destro, are there any ninja out there? Or giant frogs? Or anything else that can jump really high?

Creed
2010-03-18, 06:08 PM
Wulfen nods at Magtok's tenative approval and begins work on the wall sneakily. Well about as sneakaly as building a wall can get.

Ashen Lilies
2010-03-18, 06:09 PM
A thought (http://www.galactanet.com/comic/view.php?strip=3) flickers through Natalie's head, but then she gets poked by Magtok.
Having nothing better to do (she bypasses traps, not makes the- hmmm, there's an idea....) she writes what he says down.
"Maybe we could fashion those crates and make some sort of rudimentary lathe?"
Arg! Stoppit with you references already! :smallmad:

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-18, 06:10 PM
Aquata nods.
I could keep watch then. If you guys don't mind.
He says to the rest of the blue team.

"That sounds good to me. But what should we do with our stuff?"

Viera Champion
2010-03-18, 06:11 PM
Aquata is carefully watching the blue teams stuff. He isn't good at coming up with ideas like this.

Elsewhere on the plane, an eye is searching, it's searching for the gold thingamajig that is supposed to be hidden somewhere. You know the one that can save you from elimination.

Back at the place where everyone is,
I suppose we could set up a bunch of booby traps. With tripwires and all that good stuff.

ApeofLight
2010-03-18, 06:19 PM
Foro nods happily. " Foro can do that! Foro will start digging pit trap... and the stealing thingy He says the last part more as a whisper.

He then runs over to where about the front door is, goes about 10 feet in front of it and the porch and starts to claw at the ground dirt starting to fly up and away. Every now and then Foro eats a handful of dirt and then continues to his digging.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-18, 06:19 PM
"Do you know how to make those?"

Creed
2010-03-18, 06:21 PM
Wulfen sets down his bag and pulls out a strange apparatus with what appear to be black frisbees attatched. He removes his coat and slides the machine in so the two arms enter his sleeves. he then puts his coat back on.
"Feel much safer now." He smiles and gets back to work on the wall.

Viera Champion
2010-03-18, 06:30 PM
Well, we could attach stuff high up in a tree, maybe the crates, with the rope, and when I see something go under it, I could cut it like this.
He shoots out a water razor blade.
And it would fall on whatever came.

Ashen Lilies
2010-03-18, 06:39 PM
Destro... Could you put the teams inthe OP as well, for easy access? >.<
Natalie is still scribbling stuff down for Maggy over at the Red Corner. She watches the Blue side though, so she can see what traps she needs to sabotage.

Reinholdt
2010-03-18, 06:47 PM
Reinholdt frowns. He's a thief and a sniper, not an architect. And everyone's going to be stealing or sawing apart the other team's stuff. He supposes they could always make something of poor quality for the other team to think they stole, but then, they had Magtok. And if he was good at something, at the very least that something was building and understanding the quality of goods.

On the other hand, he was the cat sniper. And they were coming at night. Cats and night worked well together. If anyone could spot them coming, whatever they were, it'd probably be him.
He huddles closer to his group. "Maybe we could use one of the crates for a crow's nest? We can always use the ample stone to drop on things rather than one of our few crates."

Lord Magtok
2010-03-18, 07:01 PM
((Team Red: Magma monkey, insane twins, half-vampire, angel, cyborg

Team Blue: Drow bard, talking cat, a little girl who resembles sailor moon, a water elemental, some lady with fangs, and some other woman with knives

Does that help? :smallconfused::smalltongue:))

Magtok continues spewing ideas, taking care not to let his voice get loud enough to the point where the blue team should be able to hear it. Sharing his ideas seems like a pretty nifty way to get out of doing actual work, so he'll probably try to keep at this unless someone tries to push him into putting his lazy arse into action.

Oh, here's another pair of ideas. If we've got the wood supplies left or muscle for it, a rock-firing catapult. Or much simpler, a big ramp leading up towards their base. One leaves a big hole for the monsters to bust into our rivals and mess with them from within, the other bypasses enemy defenses via a diagonal alternative route.

Creed
2010-03-18, 07:19 PM
"I think Magtok's idea is a good use of the wood." Wulfen says,"It's like the old adage 'You don't have to be faster than the horde of orcs, just faster than your slowest friend.' It takes the threat away from us."

ApeofLight
2010-03-18, 07:33 PM
Speaking of big holes in the rival's team defenses someone may or may not notice that there seems to be a small crack forming by a crate of the blue teams.

On an unrelated note where did the flaming ape that was digging go?

Viera Champion
2010-03-18, 07:38 PM
Aquata notices. He can feel these vibrations, even the most minute ones. He sweeps the blue teams stuf of the ground with a platform of water, and carries it to a safe place.

Destro_Yersul
2010-03-18, 07:40 PM
There might be. I honestly have no idea what there is out there anymore. There was this one really weird undead big insecty thing a while ago. Guess we'll have to wait and find out! Destro seems rather cheerful at the prospect of weird giant undead bugs.

I'll be over there if anyone needs me. He says, and wanders off to one side to sit on a giant floating armchair that suddenly started existing.

As for the searching eye, specifying where, exactly, it was searching might be a good start. Choices include the pavilion, the camp, the forest, the standing stones, the trout pond, and the ridiculously large and empty plains.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-18, 07:45 PM
Well, we could attach stuff high up in a tree, maybe the crates, with the rope, and when I see something go under it, I could cut it like this.
He shoots out a water razor blade.
And it would fall on whatever came.

Reinholdt frowns. He's a thief and a sniper, not an architect. And everyone's going to be stealing or sawing apart the other team's stuff. He supposes they could always make something of poor quality for the other team to think they stole, but then, they had Magtok. And if he was good at something, at the very least that something was building and understanding the quality of goods.

On the other hand, he was the cat sniper. And they were coming at night. Cats and night worked well together. If anyone could spot them coming, whatever they were, it'd probably be him.
He huddles closer to his group. "Maybe we could use one of the crates for a crow's nest? We can always use the ample stone to drop on things rather than one of our few crates."

"Or we could put rocks in the crates!"

ApeofLight
2010-03-18, 07:48 PM
Foro's hat and then the rest of his head pops out of where the crack was.

" Ahh they moved it. Oh, well Foro still made a good hole. " He then ducks his head back down and pops back up from his original starting point. The monkey then scrambles out of the hole and back to his team.

Reinholdt
2010-03-18, 07:54 PM
Reinholdt watches the monkey leave. It's probably not a good idea to steal stuff while everyone's gathered around it discussing what to do with it.

He looks down the hole as Foro leaves. "Well... since it's already kind of dug, I suppose we can use this hole here for something. Might need to widen it a little."

"And rocks in the crates might work. Though I'm sure about the whole dropping the crates on things. We've only got four ropes and four crates. Hoping they go under those would be rather specific. Perhaps we can use the gears to somehow make the rocks spring loaded and fly forward out of the crates? Like claymore mines or whatever they're called. Something with significant spread."

Viera Champion
2010-03-18, 07:54 PM
There might be. I honestly have no idea what there is out there anymore. There was this one really weird undead big insecty thing a while ago. Guess we'll have to wait and find out! Destro seems rather cheerful at the prospect of weird giant undead bugs.

I'll be over there if anyone needs me. He says, and wanders off to one side to sit on a giant floating armchair that suddenly started existing.

As for the searching eye, specifying where, exactly, it was searching might be a good start. Choices include the pavilion, the camp, the forest, the standing stones, the trout pond, and the ridiculously large and empty plains.

The eye dives into the trout pond.

Destro_Yersul
2010-03-18, 08:17 PM
The trout pond is rather large and contains, obviously, trout. A number of them cluster around the eye as soon as it drops below the surface, blowing bubbles and babbling in voices muffled by the water. Two of them define it as a curiously detached sensory organ, and then swim off to find some pond weed to nibble on.

So far though, no sign of the statue.

Viera Champion
2010-03-18, 08:20 PM
The eye continues to search in the pond, makig sure to miss nothing.

ApeofLight
2010-03-18, 08:23 PM
The magma monkey seems to be thinking currently. His lips are pursed out and he is tapping his chin in thought. Then he raises his finger in the air with an Aha look on his face.

" Foro just had idea! We could make a path to the entrance and have it well defended then the rest of the area could just be a pit waiting to happen! "

Chaotic Bob
2010-03-18, 08:53 PM
In other news, the Terre twin is hovering around the magma monkey.
"Pit traps are fun! My brother and I caught a lion with one once, after it tried to eat one of our friends. It got out, but we still caught it once!"
No one said his little story had to be relevant.

Meanwhile, Tirre appears to be examining Magtok.
Funny Cyborg looks interesting.
"Catapults are dangerous."

KerfuffleMach2
2010-03-18, 09:42 PM
Hey! I can help with the night watch! There's a short flash of light as hew Keyblade appears in her right hand. Looks like it was made out of car parts.

My Reflect should work pretty good. I can't keep it up for a long time, though. So, it'll just be quick bursts of it.

Ashen Lilies
2010-03-18, 10:42 PM
((Team Red: Magma monkey, insane twins, half-vampire, angel, cyborg

Team Blue: Drow bard, talking cat, a little girl who resembles sailor moon, a water elemental, some lady with fangs, and some other woman with knives

Does that help? :smallconfused::smalltongue:))

Magtok continues spewing ideas, taking care not to let his voice get loud enough to the point where the blue team should be able to hear it. Sharing his ideas seems like a pretty nifty way to get out of doing actual work, so he'll probably try to keep at this unless someone tries to push him into putting his lazy arse into action.

Oh, here's another pair of ideas. If we've got the wood supplies left or muscle for it, a rock-firing catapult. Or much simpler, a big ramp leading up towards their base. One leaves a big hole for the monsters to bust into our rivals and mess with them from within, the other bypasses enemy defenses via a diagonal alternative route.

Natalie scribbles it down. She sucks on the back of the pen thoughtfully.
"Whatever defenses we make for ourselves should be reusable. It's no use having a mine or something that can only be used once."
She frowns at the monkey and the easily exploitable hole it made, and the cat looking at it.
"We're probably going to have to trap that as well."

Artemis97
2010-03-18, 11:08 PM
"I like the idea of a crow's nest, Reinholdt. It'd give us a good spot to watch out from, at the very least." Raril agrees. "If we empty one out I can haul it up into a tree, or maybe the roof?" The drow offers. At the same time he pulls his bag off his shoulder and begins to dig through it. Judging from just how far he can reach into it, it seems to be the extra dimensional sort. "And I don't have any mines, but I do have a fair amount of these." He pulls out a small bundle of crossbow quarrels, their tips coated in a thick glob of a black, sulferous substance. "Explosive bolts. One good hit and they go off like a fireball. I've got alchemist's fire too, amongst other things." In another life, Raril might have been a Boy Scout. He followed their motto, at least: always be prepared.

Reinholdt
2010-03-18, 11:55 PM
Reinholdt eyes Raril closely. "Well yes... I have weapons too. But I was under the impression we should only use the weapons and tools given to us." Reinholdt has... lots of weapons. Several of which he can't even use as a cat.

Speaking of which, Reinholdt checks to see what sort of weapons they were provided with.

"But let's at least use one crate for the nest. The roof of our cabin would probably be the best place for it. If we put it on a tree, I can think of a group of people that might cut down said tree. We should probably use one of the ropes to climb up and down to the roof. Unless everyone here can fly or something." Reinholdt will get to work emptying out a crate for Raril at least. It's slow going though. Cats can't lift much.

Destro_Yersul
2010-03-19, 12:30 AM
the Weapons Crate appears to contain a varied selection of swords, axes, bows, crossbows, and a liberal stock of bolts and arrows. In an apparent administration error, or possibly deliberate shenanigans, neither team was supplied with quivers or quarrels of any sort.

Destro did also say that the members of each team were allowed to use whatever methods they had at their disposal, so any weapons people happen to own should be fine for their own personal use.

Haruki-kun
2010-03-19, 09:06 AM
Haruki starts lifting the crates and organizing the contents for proper use. Then he begins to count and register them in his mind.

"Got it. If anything disappears, I'll be the first to know." He lowers his voice. "Considering the other team seems to be looking our way a lot more than they are building, think we could build something for them to steal only to blow up in their faces at crucial time?"

Reinholdt
2010-03-19, 11:09 AM
"There." The weapons crate now empty for Raril.

"We should probably use these weapons in our traps, seeing as how we've got an abundance of them. Oh... and maybe we could dig a massive moat-pit thing around our cabin and make it so that you can only get to it by operating a series of annoying rotating walkways, using the gears, rope, and planks." Doubt they could finish that in time for night, but it was a fun idea anyways.

Creed
2010-03-19, 01:54 PM
Wulfen takes a short break from the wall to take a swig from his canteen whilst opening his pack again. He pulls out a kind of bear trap that is a loop with spikes on the inside that shrinks when something goes inside it. He gives it to Foro "Put this in the hole :amused:"

Chaotic Bob
2010-03-19, 05:40 PM
The twins abruptly tilt their heads, beset by a rare moment of genuine inspiration.

They scurry over to their team's crates, with what appear to be shimmering yellow hard-hats materializing over their heads.
"We're gonna need some pebbles..."
"Connect some wisps to the rope and the pebbles..."
"...can we make a bell? We're gonna need a bell."
"Need the firey monkey to dig another hole, too."
"Set up a little pulley for the rope and bell..."
"Yay planning! Now we need to do it and stuff."

Against all odds, the dvaati make have come up with a legitimately useful idea.
An alarm, but it's better than nothing.

Lord Magtok
2010-03-19, 05:48 PM
Well, I think that's more than enough ideas to keep the muscle of our group occupied. I think I'll head out an-

Magtok glances at Tirre with an elevated eyebrow. Something about those sorts of bouncy, fun-loving twins always seemed to unnerve him even more than the creepily identical sort who finish each others sentences.

Yes, catapults are dangerous. As I was saying, I'm done with ideas. I'll go head out and see if I can't cause trouble for the opposing team somehow.

Magtok scurries off, intent on not going anywhere near the opposing team at all. Instead, he'll head over towards those [Standing Stones], where he'll float about the area, looking in, on top of, and under just about anything that looks like it might be hiding the immunity object.

Creed
2010-03-19, 05:52 PM
Wulfen watches Magtok go and sighs, guessing that team effort really is'nt mutual among all of the Red Team members. O well, back to the wall... o and if Foro did not do it put the trap in the hole.

Viera Champion
2010-03-19, 05:52 PM
Standing Stones
Magtok may notice the floating eye is also checking out the standing stones area.

ApeofLight
2010-03-19, 05:53 PM
Foro gets handed a bear trap. " Foro thought we couldn't use anything besides what we gots. " He tosses the bear trap back Wulfen.

Foro nods at what the twins say. " Foro good at digging pits! " He says and scurries off to go and start digging another pit.

But before that he goes about halfway between the two teams camps just ahead of where he dug the hole. He jumps up and down a couple of times. Foro waits for a second and then sinks into the ground about half a foot. Then he climbs out.

Then the magma monkey goes to start digging another pit.

Creed
2010-03-19, 05:55 PM
"He said we could use any means we had... I have this" Wulfen replies, "Desto is this legal?" He holds up the trap.

Gimliggamer
2010-03-19, 06:04 PM
Danica leans over the hole and drops in some water from her canteen, which morphs into a small water-mouse-thing. the water mouse thing crawls along the tunnel towards the red team's base.

Lord Magtok
2010-03-19, 06:11 PM
Standing Stones

Magtok waves to the eye, figuring it belongs to one of the other contestants, or one of those aforementioned deadly monster things out for a stroll.

Oh hi! You out looking for the immunity thing, too?

ApeofLight
2010-03-19, 06:12 PM
The water mouse may or may not be squished by Foro's cave cave in. Whether it does or not doesn't matter much because it will find a wall of dirt in its way.

Chaotic Bob
2010-03-19, 06:13 PM
Tirre tilts his head and watches Maggums leave, then bounces over towards Foro when the monkey starts to dig again.

"We're gonna need a perimeter tunnel going around the whole base, can you do that? And the hole would be better closer to us, maybe."
He's being semi-calm.
Oh dear.

Terre, meanwhile, has gather a length of rope and is flying strands of...something out of his semi-substantial hard hat.
They appear to be translucent yellow threads, each one of which is stuck into the end of the rope.
Each one also seems to degenerate the overall hat a bit more.

The end result will probably look like a funny mop with a rope for a handle.

Gimliggamer
The water mouse is squished. It dissipates into the dirt and is absorbed. It reappears on the other side of the cavein and continues along it's way.

Viera Champion
I am.
Comes a voice from the eye.

Reinholdt
2010-03-19, 06:42 PM
"You know... we have a drow, a vampire, a cat, a water elemental- which I have no idea as to their method of visual acuity, and a magical girl which everyone knows fights monsters at night so writers can justify the place being empty. We might as well call this team nocturnal. No idea about Danica though."

"Anyways, maybe we could form a stone igloo around our cabin with the entrance being a trap door in the crow's nest at top. So the only way to get in is through the top. Or even have a trap door there and a regular door that can be sealed off. It'd be like a stone bunker."

"You also know that I can only really spout ideas at you people and not actually enact them, right?" Cat can't lift! It's like Magtok but with a legitimate excuse.

"So I'm going to go spy. I'll come back and let you know if I think of something else or find out something juicy." Reinholdt heads off into the woods, intending to circle around from the other side and...

Go back to the Pavilion. Destro said the gold statue thingy wasn't IN the pavilion, but he never said it wasn't wasn't ON the pavilion. And he wouldn't put it past the lich to be tricky like that and he wants to check it out before anyone else can get a chance to. So Reinholdt turns pink, much to his dismay, and flies up to search on top of the pavilion for the statue. Stupid having to turn pink to fly. But at least he can fly. He'll also fly up in such a way that it makes it look like he jumped really high, just in case anyone's watching.

Lord Magtok
2010-03-19, 06:45 PM
Magtok nods, and continues to float about the rocks.

Hmm...Well if I happen to find it first, would you be willing to trade something for it? No offense, but I think my team's going to breeze past this first challenge. And on the off-chance we don't, I've more or less claimed a leadership role, should buy me a round or two before I have to start investing in some alliances.

Viera Champion
2010-03-19, 06:49 PM
The eye continues searching.
That depends. What would you ask for it?

ApeofLight
2010-03-19, 06:52 PM
Foro nods to what Tirre tells him and hops out of the hole. He then goes closer to the base and starts to dig.

Looks like he might be down there for a little while.

Gimliggamer
2010-03-19, 06:55 PM
The water mouse tries to bypass the bear trap and appear at the hole on the red team's side.

In other news, Danica, continues flipping her daggers, while digging in her pack for some sort of night vision potion.

Lord Magtok
2010-03-19, 07:16 PM
Stones

Figuring he'll wait until Destro gets around to posting to resume searching, Magtok perches on top of one of the big rocks, leaning in towards the edge of it every now and then as he idly considers jumping from rock to rock later.

I don't know what you happen to have for me to ask for. I suppose, if nothing else of value comes to mind, you could offer up your team's strategy for this competition. So long as nobody else knows it'd probably work fine, given that you'd be immune and such anyways.

That's a little extreme, though. Some supplies, an offer to do the same for me if my team's looking at me funny during the next round or two, or promising to get everyone to vote off that pesky cat could work, too. Way less likely to get you removed.

Viera Champion
2010-03-19, 07:40 PM
I suppose some supplies would work. And maybe I could "make a mistake" if I get put on watch. Of course, this is only if you find the statuette first.

Creed
2010-03-19, 07:43 PM
The bearish trap is activated by a maical tripwire, so it should snap shut on the mouse. In theory, as Wulfen created it himself and is not exactly the best artificer in the world.

Lord Magtok
2010-03-19, 08:04 PM
Stones

Magtok nods, as he momentarily disable the anti-gravity device in his spine to jump unaided across the rocks. The flight device thingy is nice, but every now and then it's fun just to see

Of course. And should you find the immunity statuette next round and find no need for it, I'll be more than happy to make an offer of my own for it.

Gimliggamer
2010-03-19, 08:07 PM
The water mouses plan has worked! Or Danica's has at any rate. The water mouse dissipates and reappears past the trap and looks around at the red base from the mouth of the hole.

Viera Champion
2010-03-19, 08:08 PM
Of course, you are a cyborg. You probably have all kinds of gizmos built into you. And your smart, you've probably recorded this entire conversation. How do I know you won't rat me out?

Chaotic Bob
2010-03-19, 08:23 PM
Terre, finishing up his rope-part of the gismo he and his brother thought up, looks up as he hears the bear-trap snap shut.

The little mouse will be having a dvaati head over to investigate its general area.

Lord Magtok
2010-03-19, 08:27 PM
Stones

Magtok smiles. Thankfully, he's got an answer prepared for just this sort of slippery question.

Because that'll just make me look bad. If it looks like I'm willing to backstab and betray someone this early on, just to get ahead, people will get scared of that ambition, and try to vote me out. Ratting you out will make me the least-liked person around, will eliminate a potential ally on the opposite team, and give me one less friendly, sociable person to talk to if I'm bored.

Viera Champion
2010-03-19, 08:38 PM
And that seems to answer my other question, thank you very much. Now I don't have to ask whether or not you haves figured out who I am, since if you didn't, you would have merely used that as your answer. So who do you figure I am?

ApeofLight
2010-03-19, 08:39 PM
Foro pops up out of the hole that he was digging. He looks a lot dirtier now though. " Okay Foro done digging. Foro going to get drink now. " The monkey says and hops up out of the hole.

He then goes over to the porch and hops up onto one of the chairs and pulls a DLB out of his hat.

Lord Magtok
2010-03-19, 08:52 PM
Magtok shrugs.

One of the girls. You don't talk like Raril or the cat. And you don't seem to be as cheery as the one dressed like a Japanese school girl so...either the knife lady, the fangs one, or water elemental. Fangs or water, due to the magical floating eye. Am I close?

Viera Champion
2010-03-19, 09:00 PM
I think I'll keep it a secret for now. You of all people should realize the tactical advantage. Though as I said, you're smart. I'm sure you will figure it out easily.

Creed
2010-03-19, 09:03 PM
Wulfen has just noticed that a few members of the other team seem to be missing. Now whould be a good time to rush them and burn down their cabin, but Wulfen is not evil enough to share this notion with the rest of the red team. OK team checklist:

ME:Building Wall
Twins: Making alarms
Foro: Diging, but currently having a drink :smallcool:
Magtok: Off alone in the woods, allegedly stealing or spying
Natalie: Not sure, I guess putting Magtok's plans into action while he saves his own skin.

GO RED TEAM!

Gimliggamer
2010-03-19, 09:05 PM
"Go Blue team!" Danica shouts in reply, hearing Wulfen.

In other news, a certain water mouse seems to be saying Go red team." over in a certain hole at the red team base.

Viera Champion
2010-03-19, 09:07 PM
Aquata is not one of those missing people! He tries to enact Reinholdts plan, and use his powers over water to lift a crate up to the top of the cabin.

Chaotic Bob
2010-03-19, 09:10 PM
Tirre, meanwhile, is attaching pebbles to the ends of those yellowish threads.
Somehow. The thread seems to glom onto them the same way it glommed onto the rope.

And Terre is peeking down into that hole, probably at the mouse.

"Yay Red-
"-Team!"

KerfuffleMach2
2010-03-19, 09:12 PM
Alysha likes cheering.

Go Blue Team!

Then she continues helping move stuff. The only idea she has is using her Reflect when stuff comes near, so she'll just follow whatever directions are given to her.

Destro_Yersul
2010-03-19, 09:33 PM
It should be noted that the cabins, being made of stone, are not particularly susceptible to being burned down. They also have no windows, in case anyone was worried about that.

Eh, what? Er, no. Sorry. What I meant is you're free to use any means you have to build the traps and man the defenses. I don't want to see any material that I didn't provide used in the actual trap construction, though how you do use the material you have is entirely up to you.

Over at the [Standing Stones], both Magtok and the Eye have about as much luck finding the statue as the eye had in the pond earlier. Which is to say, none at all, though there are no amusing trout this time around. Instead, there's a vague sense of unease. But it couldn't possibly be the stones. They're perfectly normal monoliths of an entirely natural sort, though the stone they're made up of has interesting little veins of black stone running through it. A couple of the things have jagged natural holes through them, and some of them have been broken, their fragments laying on the ground around their shattered bases.

[Pavilion]: Reinholdt, since he can fly, shouldn't have any trouble at all reaching the top of the pavilion. The roof is gently sloped and rather featureless, except for this kind of fancy gargoyle thingy right at the top. Unfortunately, it too is made of stone, and there's not a trace of gold in sight.

OOC: You all have 24 hours real time to finalize your plans. This time tomorrow, I want to see a list of what defenses each team has built. Then I'll start the nasty monster attack, and we'll see how well each team fares. Sound good?

Creed
2010-03-19, 09:35 PM
"GO RED TEAM" Wulfen shouts, louder this time

Wulfen also removes the bear trap from the hole with a sad look on his face:smallfrown:

Reinholdt
2010-03-19, 09:49 PM
Reinholdt makes a quick check inside the gargoyle's mouth if it has an open one just to be sure, before returning to his camp, a gleam in his eye.

"Hey guys... we've got a crow's nest... let's go all out."

He points at Aquata, ignoring all the cheering. "You. You make water? Lots of it right? So you can dig pits rather quickly and stuff with irrigation or whatever. So I'm thinking... let's build a large moat around our cabin. We can use the planks and gears we got for an extendable bridge. Then we'll have our very own pirate ship cabin. It limits who can reach us, we'll have the crow's nest for all the nocturnal people to keep an eye out. If we had electricity we could even electrify it."

KerfuffleMach2
2010-03-19, 09:55 PM
I can do electricity! Alysha jumps a little when she says this.

Good thing she wasn't carrying anything.

Well, bursts of it, anyways. Like small lightning strikes.

Destro_Yersul
2010-03-19, 10:03 PM
the Gargoyle, though it does have an open mouth, is quite empty.

Destro, meanwhile, has noticed what the twins are doing. I think that counts as 'new material,' you guys. So unless you want me to steal all your cake or something, you should probably stop. Well, at least he's nice about it.

Viera Champion
2010-03-19, 10:10 PM
Aquata nods at Reinholdt. Water begins pouring off of him in large amounts. He controls it to rapidly shoot at the ground, eroding away a trench around the base, while filling it up with water to make it a moat. It seems to be working quite fast too.

Reinholdt
2010-03-19, 10:11 PM
"Excellent. It's not sustained electricity, but it's probably better not to be. Furthermore, we can take one of the ropes and tie a knot at the end. Then we unstring the bows and tie one end of those strings to the knot. Then tie the other end to the crossbow triggers. Fill the crossbows with those explosive bolts of Raril's. Set up the crossbows on the roof, attached to a plank or two or something along those lines. Then the people on guard would have an explosive rain of arrows to fire."

Gimliggamer
2010-03-19, 10:12 PM
And water fishes begin jumping around in the moat, clearly visible for short bursts of time. Danica takes out her canteen and drinks continuosly for about a minute, or the equivalent of a gallon of water. Then she watches the water fishes.

Lord Magtok
2010-03-19, 10:13 PM
Figuring he'd better go back and make sure his plans are being put into motion, Magtok returns, and finds things more or less how he left them. Darn you, rest of the red team!

Not wanting to take any chances, Magtok rolls up his sleeves, swallows his pride, and begins putting his catapult idea into action, as well as attempting to sharpen up some Punji sticks and plant them where potential threats might go walking around. These get spray-painted with black 'M's for now, as it'll be easy to spot them during the day, and if everything goes well, they'll become utterly impossible to detect upon nightfall.

The catapult, on the other hand, will be loaded with the biggest rock a crude trebuchet might be able to propel, and given that it's more or less a single-use tool, Maggy doesn't find it necessary to attach wheels.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-03-19, 10:14 PM
Alysha nods to Magtok Reinholdt, then starts on that.

I can do fire, too. And ice. And wind. If we need that stuff.

She's full of tricks, isn't she?

Creed
2010-03-19, 10:16 PM
Hey Magtok, I've been working on the wall the entire time, things should not be how you left them. The twins also had an idea. And Foro has been digging his little monkey arse off out here.:smallbiggrin:

ApeofLight
2010-03-19, 10:17 PM
Foro finishes drinking his DLB and goes back to the group. " Oaky, Foro done with his break after digging the premitery thingy for something. What else can Foro do? "

Viera Champion
The eye floats back to the camp, and searches high and low at the blue teams cabin for the statuette. It starts by searching inside the cabin.

Gimliggamer
The water mouse scampers over to watch what Magtok is doing more closely.

Chaotic Bob
2010-03-19, 10:23 PM
Terre pursues the mouse as it leaves the hole.
It looks kinda cute.
Kinda...huggable. Beware water mouse!

Tirre, meanwhile, looks up from his work at Destro.
And wraps a hand around one of his pockets, possibly the one that contains cake reserves.
"Sorry Not-Quite-Dead Guy!"
And with that, the yellow threads all abruptly dissipate.

There goes that idea.
Maybe he can go help Maggums.
Before Destro steals his cake.

Reinholdt
2010-03-19, 10:27 PM
"Actually, Alysha if you and Danica don't mind getting wet, could you work on the retractable bridge? We need the moat large enough so that it's not easily jumped over. I can work on the crossbow trick. It's one thing I can assist with. I'll try to think of some other things. We could put spears right around the island with the cabin on it so that swimming across and climbing up is painfully annoying at best. Raril can finish setting up the crow's nest, Aquata can do the moat, and... who else is on our team?" :smallconfused:

Oh right. Magical girl. She's so quiet, he almost forgot about her. "Nimai was it? Maybe you could set up the spike wall for our moat?"

He goes to work on unstringing bows and tieing rope for his crossbow battery thing-a-ma-jig.

Creed
2010-03-19, 10:29 PM
Destro whats the size of red teams wall getting to? I don't man to be annoying it's just that I want to know when I can stop and do another defensive thingy.

Viera Champion
2010-03-19, 10:30 PM
Aquata so far has dug a trench that is eight feet across and four feet deep so far. Of course it only 1/8 of the way around the cabin so far.

Gimliggamer
2010-03-19, 10:30 PM
Danica grins at the talking cat. "I don't mind, although I can't speak for Alysha." She jumps headfirst into the moat and stays under the water. She assumes that he wants the bridge at the entrance to the cabin. She walks over there under the water before sending a water snake to go get the supplies.

Lord Magtok
2010-03-19, 10:33 PM
Hey Magtok, I've been working on the wall the entire time, things should not be how you left them. The twins also had an idea. And Foro has been digging his little monkey arse off out here.:smallbiggrin:

This is true. Whether or not Magtok-the-character acknowledges this is not up to me, though. :smalltongue:

Magtok nods to Alysha, and pets the little mouse watery thing if he can.

Yes, fairly nice. I think you've got the wrong team though, I'm a dirty red commie. Think Rein needs you for something, should prolly go check it out.

Work on the catapult continues. Some planks are sawn in half to save wood, another rock is used as the counter-weight, and Maggy will use any rope that doesn't already have a purpose yet. As soon as he's done and fired the thing, he'll probably disassemble it, so he's taking care not to let anything come to accidental harm or end up too small to be of much use.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-03-19, 10:35 PM
Alysha nods at Reinholdt. She puts her bag down on the bank. It clinks a little. Then she starts gathering up the supplies.

She sees the water snake coming. After a moment, she figures out that it's Danica's. So, she starts passing it supplies, too.

Before she gets in the water, she tosses her hoodie onto her bag. Swimming with a wet hoodie is never fun.

Then she walks into the water and will start helping Danica build.

@^: Oh. Crap. My mistake. Um, yeah, I'll get to fixing that. *whistles*

Gimliggamer
2010-03-19, 10:38 PM
The water mouse looks up and winks at Magtok mischieviously."Talking cats don't mix with talking mice made out of water Mister Magtok."

The water snake takes the supplies down into the water.

Lord Magtok
2010-03-19, 11:01 PM
Magtok nervously continues, not trusting the aquatic rodent.

Err...yes. Yeah, I suppose. You don't look like the sort of thing anyone on this team is capable of making, though. What do you want.

Viera Champion
2010-03-19, 11:12 PM
I love you for quoting that and putting it in your sig Gimlig. *huggles*

*cough* anyways... Aquata has now dug and filled the trench so it reaches a quarter of the way around the base.

Gimliggamer
2010-03-19, 11:13 PM
^^your welcome!

"Yeah. Your right. I'm from the other team. I'm here to spy on you." The mouse says giggling. "Who do you think made me?" The mouse asks. This mouse likes screwing with people.

Destro_Yersul
2010-03-19, 11:47 PM
Rest assured, both teams will have enough time to make whatever elaborate defenses you can come up with. Feel free to say something is done and move on to something else. Time here is abstract at best anyways.

Viera Champion
2010-03-19, 11:50 PM
The moat is finished and completely filled with water then.

And the eye is still searching for the statuette in the blue teams cabin.

Creed
2010-03-19, 11:53 PM
OK then. Wulfen is done with my wall (yay walls) and excuses himself to go to the bathroom in the nearby woods....only to run off into the woods to search for the statuette that will buy him immunity! He first searches in the woods near the pavilion, around and among the roots as well as using his boots of levitation to search higher up in the dead trees.

If it is no present there, Wulfen proceeds to check under the pavilion, go figure, Destro's a crazy dude, maybe he hid it in a crazy place

Reinholdt
2010-03-19, 11:58 PM
"Oh, we should probably use all four crates for the crow's nest. Increase maneuverability and number of people that can be up there. Especially since we have to include air assault possibilities."

Right. So Blue team's defenses in list form for Destro. So far anyways.

Moat with retractable bridge.
Spikes and spears on inner island to protect moat from swimmers.
Crow's nest on top of cabin with rope to climb down.
Multi-crossbow firing mechanism with exploding bolts. For collateral damage.

Anything else I forgot or gets added by the time limit.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-03-20, 12:01 AM
Electrified moat? As long as Alysha's on it, anyways.

Creed
2010-03-20, 12:02 AM
The equivalent of what Red Team has:

A wall, 7 feet high and 1 foot thick in a crescent around the front door.
A trench around the entire cabin (or maybe just tunnels, not sure)
A frickin' catepult
Signs pointing to the blue team saying they are weaker and tastier (are there literate monsters around here???)

Viera Champion
2010-03-20, 12:03 AM
Aquata realizes something.
We should save the spikes for something else. If snything tries to get anywhere near the moat, much less swim across it, then...
Huge spikes of water jab up out of the water, they look painful. Also, large grabbing hands (also of water) pop up and make motions as f dragging something underwater and drowning it.

Reinholdt
2010-03-20, 12:08 AM
"Well we've got a few more and I suppose you can take a few down for whatever you're planning. No point in not using them if we have them though. What do you suggest using them for?" They still have axes and stuff like that too.

I'd include electric moat, but I think that's more a player thing that's not included directly in the list.

"Oh. We totally need a pirate flag to put on top too."

ApeofLight
2010-03-20, 12:09 AM
Yep there are tunnels that could be easily modified to do many different things.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-03-20, 12:12 AM
Alysha giggles when she hears the flag suggestion.

That'd be awesome! I'd want an eye patch.

Destro_Yersul
2010-03-20, 12:26 AM
Apparently, Destro overheard the request for a pirate flag and approves, because there is now a small treasure chest looking box on the front deck. It contains, upon inspection, one flag, several hats, a collection of eyepatches, and one dead restin' blue parrot. It certainly wasn't there a moment ago.

Wulfen Black, despite his best efforts, is unable to get under the pavilion. And the forests near it don't seem to contain the statue either. Funny thing about those trees, though. Some of them almost look like people. Big tall thin people, with long slender arms.

Creed
2010-03-20, 12:34 AM
ahhh, I know what were fighting!!!!:smalleek::smalleek::eek:

Wulfen rushes back to red team and whispers fiercely:

"I know what were up against tonight.....

MEDUSA!

OR POSSIBLY ENTS!

"

Reinholdt
2010-03-20, 12:45 AM
Reinholdt takes a hat and an eyepatch and puts them on. "Y'arrr mateys. This be more like it." He might eat the parrot later if someone else doesn't take it.

In the meantime though, he goes to hoist the flag up on the Blue Team's roof.

Viera Champion
2010-03-20, 12:49 AM
Ahem. Destro! The eye searches the blue teams cabin for the statuette.

Aquata laughs and puts on a pirate hat and an eyepatch. His left hand morphs into a hook, and his right leg morphs into a peg leg.
Now we can beat the red team in STYLE!

Creed
2010-03-20, 12:52 AM
"You'll never take me alive Blue Team!" Wulfen shouts from accross the clearing and runs off into the woods to search for the statue near the inexplicably floating house that we saw when we arrived. To get up to it I will use my boots of levitation.

Destro_Yersul
2010-03-20, 01:00 AM
Ah, right. It's a safe bet the statue isn't in either of the bunkhouses. That would be a bit of a silly place to put it, no?

As for the inexplicably floating house, it proves to be a lot further away than Wulfen was probably expecting. He does eventually reach it, though. Being of the floating sort, it's not hard to find. It floats above a little stone platform on the ground, made of grey stone rather than the dark stuff Destro had used for all the Survivor buildings. Said platform is roughly ten feet square, and has little stone steps leading up to it.

Seeing, however, as Wulfen is using levitaty boots or some such shenanigans, he'll quickly discover that the house has no front door, only windows. There was a trap door on the bottom, though. That probably serves as the main entrance.

Creed
2010-03-20, 01:02 AM
then i shall use that as an entrance, as it appears to be intended

Destro_Yersul
2010-03-20, 01:04 AM
It's not locked or anything. Why would someone lock a floating house? That would be silly.

Inside is an octagonal room with a round trout pool in the center, containing no less than three particularly large and fat trout, all of which rise up above the surface of the water to regard Wulfen as he enters. There are four doors on the walls, and one rather severe looking butler who is standing next to the trout pool wearing a monocle and being stereotypically British.

Good day, sir.

Gimliggamer
2010-03-20, 01:12 AM
Danica pops up from the moat. "Can I stay in here? I can pop out when Alysha electrocutes it! Water is awesome! And blue! So it matches our team." She asks giddily.

Creed
2010-03-20, 01:14 AM
"mr. butler sir, you have not happened to see a golden statuette have you?" Wulfen asks polietely

Destro_Yersul
2010-03-20, 02:08 AM
I have, sir, but it is not here. Mr. Yersul wishes for me to inform anyone who finds their way in here that his house is not to be included in search patterns, as it would be a waste of time. If sir persists, I am authorized to throw sir out the nearest window. The slightest hint of a smile tugs at the corner of the ridiculously stereotypical butler's mouth.

Viera Champion
2010-03-20, 02:29 AM
The floating eye now searches for Destro himself.

Ashen Lilies
2010-03-20, 03:11 AM
The equivalent of what Red Team has:

A wall, 7 feet high and 1 foot thick in a crescent around the front door.
A trench around the entire cabin (or maybe just tunnels, not sure)
A frickin' catepult
Signs pointing to the blue team saying they are weaker and tastier (are there literate monsters around here???)

I'm pretty sure that there's some sort of trench or something outside the wall as well, with punji sticks. Or maybe just punji sticks in the dirt. Anyway, Natalie is moving among the punji sticks. At each one, she stops, and breathes a light red mist onto the tip, which infuses into the wood, before moving to the next one. It's a potent fear venom, ala Scarecrow's concoction from Batman Begins. Any monsters who impale themselves and not die, will probably go insane and kill all their monster buddies.
She whispers to Magtok as she goes past. Because Magtok's totally become the unofficial boss of this team or something. Hail his leadership skills!
"Hey, when the time comes, I'm perfectly willing to freeze the enemy's moat. But I'll need to hunt and rest now to build up enough juice, so I was just wondering if you need me to build any more defenses, or you have any heavy lifting to do before then."
Yes. Heavy lifting. I'm sure this little slip of a woman is capable of lifting some very heavy things. *cough*

Creed
2010-03-20, 06:30 AM
I agree that Magtok is the team leader, I mean he's LORD Magtok

Wulfen politely thanks the butler and drifts out of the hole, at which point Wulfen floats toward the mountains. They are far away, which probably means hat no one has tried to go that far yet.

Viera Champion
2010-03-20, 08:29 AM
I agree that Magtok is the team leader, I mean he's LORD Magtok

Wulfen politely thanks the butler and drifts out of the hole, at which point Wulfen floats toward the mountains. They are far away, which probably means hat no one has tried to go that far yet.

We did have good reasons not to.
1) It was not one of the options presented to us.
2) It probably isn't within a one mile radius anyways.

Aquata is testing out the moat, making all the grabbity hands and the stabbity spikes.

Creed
2010-03-20, 08:31 AM
Point taken. Wulfen will instead search the woods surrounding the cabins

Reinholdt
2010-03-20, 10:16 AM
Seeing there's still time, Reinholdt makes sure that any weapons not being used are added to the spike wall. Swords and axes and all that, aimed so that climbing out of the water is not a fun endeavor.

Before sneaking away to go search the plains. He'll fly around the place to look for the statue, keeping fairly low to the ground.

Chaotic Bob
2010-03-20, 12:54 PM
Meanwhile, without their prior ideas to go on, the twins are left with other ideas.
Which leaves Terre over by Maggums and the mouse. Possibly poking the mouse.
"Moooooouseeeeeeey."

And Tirre is...somewhere.
Possibly in the tunnels.
Possibly making them structurally weaker for approaching enemies to walk on and fall in. But not the ones under the base. Because it'd be silly to have pitfalls in one's own base.

Destro_Yersul
2010-03-20, 01:10 PM
More search results!

Wulfen spends a fair bit of time checking around the forest, amidst more of those peculiar trees. They don't seem to be watching him, unlike the trees in certain other spooky forests I could name. In fact they seem entirely indifferent to him, waving their long dead branches in nonexistent wind. Unfortunately, it seems that none of these trees hide the statue.

Reinholdt flies about over the large and almost entirely featureless plains. The only real landmarks here are the next dint in the ground, as even grass seems to avoid growing here. The few plants there are tend towards the small scrub variety. One wonders why Destro cares to live in a place like this, but apparently he does. It wakes a while to search the place, and it seems almost an impossible task. Wait.. is that the glint of gold under that bush over there?

Reinholdt
2010-03-20, 01:11 PM
Only one way to find out!

Fly down to the bush, land and search.
Which is what Reinholdt does.

ApeofLight
2010-03-20, 01:27 PM
Foro is... wondering what he should be doing right now... Maybe he could do some more stuff with the pit. Maybe put lava in it... could take him a while.

Destro_Yersul
2010-03-20, 01:31 PM
it is indeed. Half buried in the dirt, a little golden statue of Destro giving the thumbs up rests beneath the bush. It's obviously the one everyone has been searching for, as '+1 immunity statue' has been carefully engraved on the base.

Reinholdt
2010-03-20, 01:33 PM
Reinholdt takes the statue, places it in his extra-dimensional storage space for kitties, then summons a fake one. It's just a gold statue of a man posing with his arms on his hips, like in a trophy or something. He'll leave the fake statue there before returning to his cabin for some catnaps.

No need to let anyone know he find the thing, now is there?

Viera Champion
2010-03-20, 02:40 PM
The floating eye has now taken up a new tactic, since it feels it has searched everywhere. (It forgot about the plains.) There are letters floating underneath it. They read:

If you find golden statuette first, please talk to floating eye by the standing stones. Negotiations are in order. Unles of course I have already found the statuette, then you may disregard this message entirely.

Creed
2010-03-20, 05:46 PM
Wulfen gives up looking for the statue. He will not need it if his team wins. He returns to camp and devises a new defence: lots of crossbows, loaded and mounted on the porch.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-20, 06:29 PM
Nimai goes to explore the forest.

Gimliggamer
2010-03-20, 06:32 PM
Danica is still under the water in the moat, and since she finished making the bridge, she begins digging a little hidey hole in the side of the moat at the bottom of the water for her to hide in.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-03-20, 09:40 PM
Alysha nows wears an eye patch. And a goofy grin.

She responds to Danica's earlier question, since it just caught up to her.

Eh...I'd feel better if you didn't stay in the water. I don't wanna get you by accident.

Gimliggamer
2010-03-20, 09:45 PM
Instead of popping up from the moat, a hole opens up behind Alysha and Danica climbs out. "I just had an even better idea! I made this hidey hole place in the side of the moat where I can poke my daggers out while staying out of the water and still be near it!"

ApeofLight
2010-03-20, 09:47 PM
So what are the red teams defenses again.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-03-20, 09:48 PM
Alysha's face lights up.

Awesome! Wish I could make holes like that.

Gimliggamer
2010-03-20, 09:50 PM
"Do you want a hidey hole next to the moat too?" Danica asks giddily.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-03-20, 09:53 PM
Alysha grins, but shakes her head.

Nah. I can work better when I'm not in a hole. But maybe after this thing!

Ashen Lilies
2010-03-20, 11:05 PM
So what are the red teams defenses again.

Punji sticks coated in fear venom.
Giant wall.
Crossbow traps.
An Alarm?
Trench.
Catapult.

Gimliggamer
2010-03-20, 11:08 PM
"Well, you know where to find me." Danica says, jumping back into the hole she dug and crawling back to her hidey hole.

Destro_Yersul
2010-03-20, 11:18 PM
Right, time's up! As if on cue, which it probably is, the dim sun that passes for a source of light here sinks below the mountains. Destro is standing between the two bunkhouses, grinning. Soon as I'm out of here, it's very likely you'll be beset by whatever nasties the forest decides to spit at you. I recommend everyone get into the bunkhouses, behind their defenses, ASAP.

Funny thing. You can hear him no matter where you are on the plane.

ApeofLight
2010-03-20, 11:19 PM
Foro eyes go wide and he hurries over to his hole behind the wall. Wait... when did he dig that?

Gimliggamer
2010-03-20, 11:20 PM
By now Danica has sealed up the hole in the ground and her hidey hole now only has room for her body and a small amount of room. She keeps willing the water out of the two small holes she made in the wall of the moat and she draws her daggers.

Reinholdt
2010-03-20, 11:22 PM
Reinholdt waits in the crow's nest, two feline eyes peering just over the edge of the walls.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-20, 11:24 PM
Nimai is back inside Blue Team's defenses. How? Magic!

Viera Champion
2010-03-20, 11:25 PM
The floating eye disappears, and reappeared at Reinholdts shoulder.
Hello.
--------
Aquata melts into a puddle, which then becomes part of the moat.

Gimliggamer
2010-03-20, 11:32 PM
The water mouse is somehow next to Reinholdt. "Finally."

Reinholdt
2010-03-20, 11:32 PM
"Eye... ack, no I mean hi. Hi.... eye." :smallconfused:
Reinholdt glances at it curiously wondering if this is a part of the monster attack and he should be sounding the alarm or something else.

Haruki-kun
2010-03-21, 12:17 AM
Haruki's player has been away.

Haruki has been standing around quietly helping the red team build their defenses. So he makes his way back into the bunkhouse.

He jumps onto a bed and tests how hard it is, then starts trying to find a comfortable position. For people with an extra pair of limbs growing out of their back, this is pretty hard.

Ashen Lilies
2010-03-21, 12:52 AM
Natalie wakes up, having slept through the day to preserve energy for tonight, and quickly shifts into a more stealthy form, an owl with large eyes and black feathers. She gives a soft 'hoot' and flaps up onto the roof of the bunkhouse, one eye on the forest, the other on the blue bunkhouse.

Creed
2010-03-21, 06:22 AM
Wulfen smiles as he pulls a pair of handguns from his coat andwalks onto the porch near the crossbows.

Game On.

Destro_Yersul
2010-03-21, 01:44 PM
Sure enough, as soon as Destro has vanished off to wherever it is wizards go when they vanish, the night is split by eerie howls. It's hard to imagine anyone could sleep through that, but then the old lich doesn't exactly need to.

The first people to see the shapes resolve themselves out of the forest are those who can see in the dark. It's impossible to tell exactly how many of the things there are, but approximately half of the group goes for each bunkhouse. The creatures are tall and angular, in a vaguely organic way, with six segmented legs and long scything arms. Their bodies are armoured, and at the top of their 'torso' rests a head that resembles nothing so much as a cross between a human skull and a very angry insect, with a row of wicked mandibles and gleaming red eyes.

Time to test the defenses.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-21, 01:50 PM
Nimai transforms in a flash of golden light and phantom music (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PobSiTCZ4Es). "I am the champion of beauty and justice, the light that burns away the darkness! I am Magical Princess Kirana, and in the name of the Sun, I will punish you!" she shouts at the oncoming monsters, her sceptre appearing in her hand as she points at them.

Creed
2010-03-21, 01:51 PM
Wulfens guns start to blaze. Wonder how tough these guys armor is....

Reinholdt
2010-03-21, 01:57 PM
Reinholdt decides there's no point in not using it. So he hops up to where the multi-crossbow weapon is, adjusts the aim at the creatures approaching them, and let's loose a volley of explosive bolts at the monsters. They only get one shot with the weapon, but it ought to be fairly devastating Reinholdt hopes.

Lord Magtok
2010-03-21, 02:48 PM
Better red than dead!

With a simple slice of a piece of rope via the cyborg's hidden knife-finger, the counterweight shoots downwards, and Maggy's catapult propels a huge piece of rock, aimed at the roof of the blue team's cabin.

Gimliggamer
2010-03-21, 02:54 PM
The water mouse notices the catapult thing. Good thing the cabins are like, made of stone or something.:smallamused:The water mouse watches the monster things. Not much it can do till they fall in the water.

Viera Champion
2010-03-21, 02:56 PM
A big hand of water shoots up from the moat, and tries to hit the rock, to make it bounce over the cabin's roof.

Ashen Lilies
2010-03-21, 05:38 PM
The owl flies up high in a loop, up beyond the clouds, and transforms into a much more suitable form, at which point a massive line of frost attempts to freeze the hand, and a thick bridge of rough ice through the Blue Cabin's moat, if not freeze the moat completely.
The approaching monsters, if they continue on their curret path towards the wall, will find their journeys cut short by way of pointy stick to the abdomen.
And their fellow monster might start lookin mighty scary to them.

Viera Champion
2010-03-21, 05:48 PM
The hand sinks before getting frozen, and the moat is frozen. But the ice immediately melts back into water.

Ashen Lilies
2010-03-21, 05:50 PM
Frustrated, the creature tries again.

Viera Champion
2010-03-21, 05:58 PM
It has the same result as the last time. Except this time, when the ice melts, a large hand of water shoots out at the owl really fast

Ashen Lilies
2010-03-21, 06:12 PM
"Son of a Bitch!
The hand finds nothing. It's a wonder it can even reach that high.

Natalie drops down next to Magtok, inexplicably wearing a short skirt and high-heeled boots. Because everyone knows fighting monsters is easier In a mini and heels. What, you thought she was going to keep her practical clothes on?

Lord Magtok
2010-03-21, 06:40 PM
Magtok shakes his head as he sets about reloading the catapult and tying the the counterweight's rope back together again.

Even my robes are less of a safety hazard than that. I mean, unless those heels are enchanted or something...they are enchanted, right?

He quickly floats off to grab a huge rock from his team's supply, and uses his anti-grav spinal implant to help him carry it up and into the catapult. He then takes a seat on top of it, and begins strapping explosives to the boulder. Mostly of the red dynamite stick variety, though there are a few black bowling ball-shaped bombs taped to the side.

Viera Champion
2010-03-21, 06:44 PM
A small puddle of water creeps over to the red teams side, toward the catapult. It's hard to see, even for those who can see in the dark.

Reinholdt
2010-03-21, 06:49 PM
Reinholdt has really no idea if that boulder was dealt with or not. If it went wide, it went wide. If it didn't, it did a pretty good job busting up a large part of the crow's nest I suppose, Reinholdt being missed by a hair as he ducked down into a corner, his hair standing on end.

Regardless, he grabs a single crossbow and a single explosive bolt and starts loading.