PDA

View Full Version : OoTS Market Research

Dvandemon
2010-03-16, 12:11 AM
Now before you post please read this description

This thread is to discuss various types of merchandise you'd like to see for OoTS. Plushies, keychains, prints and posters, whatever you want and describe how they would look. Share your ideas and maybe discuss how one might go about making it (i.e. knitting)

This thread is just for fun and is not directed at Rich in anyway

-_Q...

Firemage
2010-03-16, 02:00 AM
A Xykon plushie

Starscream
2010-03-16, 03:35 AM
A Xykon plushie

All the characters would make great plushies. I'd collect them all.

I definitely want a Banjo puppet as well.

But what I'd really like to see is some sort of posters. There are so many frames in this comic that would look great hanging on my wall (Adobe Illustrator images are vector based, so they could be blown up without any loss in quality).

Roy jumping at the zombie dragon, Belkar's "Sexy Shoeless God of War" shot, Roy vs. Miko, V becoming "Darth V", Elan fighting Nale in Azure City...

And that's just the stuff from actual strips. Blow it up, print it out, slap a price tag on it and I'm eager to pay up. Original posters would be even cooler. Like one that shows off the entire cast in a big group shot. Or one of O-Chul that just says "Badass". Tell me you wouldn't buy them all.

Prowl
2010-03-16, 04:31 PM
I second the Xykon plushie

:xykon:

Adonis1x23
2010-03-16, 05:33 PM
A Xykon model skull. Like, maybe 8 inches tall. With a detachable crown.

Ted The Bug
2010-03-16, 05:58 PM
A fully-functioning Bag of Tricks.

PallElendro
2010-03-16, 09:18 PM
Order of the Stick:
Roy: Bag of Tricks, broken Greenhilt sword hilt (rare), Ghost aura Roy, normal clothes Roy
comes with life-size greatsword, attachable Greenhilt Sword pieces (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0112.html) (rare), Great-club

Haley: Crystal's Dagger (Rare), Desert commando Haley (shortened hair), fake diamond, Elan Valentine

Durkon: Thor action figure, Roy's skull, hammer that has "Whoever wields this hammer shall receive the powers of a guy who worships Thor" inscribed on it, W.W.T.D amulet (Rare)

Elan: Banjo, Rapier, Chain Shirty Elan, Haley Valentine, remote that has a bard song for every competence-inspiring song known, life-size rapier

Belkar: Hobgoblin Pile, Mark of Justice tattoo, Mr Scruffy plush, Yikyik leather hat (action figure sized)

Vaarsuvius: Blackwing, ponytailed Vaarsuvius, Darth Vaarsuvius, Ring of Wizardry (human finger sized), Blackwing plush, stamp that says "I prepared Explosive Runes this morning"

Team Evil:
Xykon: Death Knight Xykon, (Rare) Human Xykon, Huecuva Xykon, Eye of Fear and Flame Xykon, Cloister headband (life-size)

Tsukiko: Night-clothes Tsukiko, Xykon plush toy

Redcloak: Right-Eye action figure, Crimson Mantle cape

Creature in the Darkness: Pink umbrella, demon roach doll

Linear Guild:
Nale: Elan disguise, life-size sacrifice dagger

Sabine: Schoolgirl Sabine, Azurite Sabine

Thog: Original Thog, puppy, life-size axe, fake pointy teeth

Zz'dtri: Life-size black scimitars

Hilgya: Sandwich w/ poison (insurance coupon), action figure sized sandwich w/ poison

Yikyik: detachable head, Yikyik hat (human sized)

Pompey: fake left ear, giant centipede

Yokyok: Mexican mustache, Yokyok chip bowl

Leeky Windstaff: plush dire bear, tree statue (rare)

Sapphire Guard:
Soon: Remote that has Soon say "Sapphire Guard, attack!"

Shojo: Mr. Scruffy action figure

Miko Miyazaki: Fallen Miko (rare), spiked hair wig, katana w/ SLASH sound effect.

Hinjo:

Miscellaneous:
Guy/Girl with a Halberd: Life-size halberd

Guy/Girl with a Katana: Life-size katana, life-size square shield

Hobgoblin Soldier: Life-size longsword

Zombie: Button that makes the zombie say "Brains" every time you press it

Flumph: Plush Flumph, ghostie flumph plush (rare)

More stuff:
Order of the Stick computer wallpapers: The Order of the Stick; the Linear Guild; Team Evil; the Twelve Gods; the Snarl

Posters: Elan & Haley, together; The Greenhilt Sword, the best you'll ever see. That LOLScruffy. :redcloak: :mitd: "Bwahahahaha! Are you going to join us in a hearty evil laugh?" :xykon: "I haven't been able to get the tone on my evil laugh, since I don't technically have lungs", :belkar: saying "I think I just failed a Spot check", filler posters seen in the Filler Material.

Halloween costumes: Roy, Haley, Desert Commando Haley, Durkon, Belkar, battle damaged Belkar, Elan, Chain Shirted Elan, Vaarsuvius, Darth Vaarsuvius, Xykon, Redcloak, Tsukiko, Night Clothes Tsukiko, Ganonron, Haera, Jephton, Nale, Thog, Sabine, Schoolgirl Sabine, Azurite Sabine, Yikyik/Yokyok, Hilgya, Zz'dtri, Leeky Windstaff

hobbitkniver
2010-03-16, 09:42 PM
All the characters would make great plushies. I'd collect them all.

I definitely want a Banjo puppet as well.

But what I'd really like to see is some sort of posters. There are so many frames in this comic that would look great hanging on my wall (Adobe Illustrator images are vector based, so they could be blown up without any loss in quality).

Roy jumping at the zombie dragon, Belkar's "Sexy Shoeless God of War" shot, Roy vs. Miko, V becoming "Darth V", Elan fighting Nale in Azure City...

And that's just the stuff from actual strips. Blow it up, print it out, slap a price tag on it and I'm eager to pay up. Original posters would be even cooler. Like one that shows off the entire cast in a big group shot. Or one of O-Chul that just says "Badass". Tell me you wouldn't buy them all.

I see people with homemade Banjo puppets all the time at gaming cons.

CrimsonAngel
2010-03-16, 10:12 PM
Mark of Justice Tattoo!? I know what i'm getting one day.

Prowl
2010-03-17, 08:40 AM
Here's another idea: a Haley piggy bank. You put the coins on a table in front of it, she swipes them up and sticks them in her bag of holding. There have got to be similar items out there already that would just need some re-molding on the model.

Asta Kask
2010-03-17, 08:42 AM
Mr. Scruffy products. Mr. Scruffy scratchpole, Mr. Scruffy toy mouse, Mr. Scruffy wet food, Mr. Scruffy dry food, Mr. Scruffy collar, Mr. Scruffy paladin costume... the possibilities are endless.

Trixie
2010-03-17, 09:05 AM

Only a half-truth.

Herald Alberich
2010-03-17, 09:49 AM
Mark of Justice Tattoo!? I know what i'm getting one day.

A blue rune on your forehead? I'd advise against it.:smalltongue:

Lord of Syntax
2010-03-17, 02:25 PM
Only a half-truth.

You fail digital imaging forever!

Big Hungry Joe
2010-03-17, 02:31 PM
I've said it before, but what I really want is a white tentacled Flumph beanbag.

Ancalagon
2010-03-17, 02:56 PM
Books. And more books. Prequel books. And side-story books. And... books!

Neopolis
2010-03-17, 04:34 PM
The problem with real life merchandise is that the characters are stick figures... Which don't translate very well to 3D... and real life just so happens to be 3D.

Brendan
2010-03-17, 05:04 PM
The problem with real life merchandise is that the characters are stick figures... Which don't translate very well to 3D... and real life just so happens to be 3D.

3D? but... I'm not wearing 3D glasses... unless... ...
Oh my god! the optomitrist secretly put 3D pigment into my real glasses. THATS why everything is blurry when I take them off!

I would love to see a mitd night light. it is just two glowing yellow eyes that are set up so that everything behind them is a shadow.

also, flumph balloons would be great.

Zea mays
2010-03-17, 06:00 PM
After reading this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145545), I have a yen for elvish coffee.

Or, failing that, some explosive runestm brand coffee beans.

Dvandemon
2010-03-17, 10:29 PM

Well what about Tsukiko's doll? Or the dolls people here make? They look pretty nice

doodthedud
2010-03-18, 01:16 AM
O-Chul shirt. And other O-Chul stuff emphasizing his badassery.

Shirts:

-Scene of him smiting Redcloak's eye
-Scene of him fighting the acid-breathing shark
-Scene of him stabbing Jirix
-O-Chul quotes shirts using some from our very own thread
-Above scenes again but with varying O-Chul quotes

Katana_Geldar
2010-03-18, 01:37 AM
OOTS Gaming accessories, like a dice bag or set of dice.

ThePhantasm
2010-03-18, 12:26 PM
Nothing. I like OOTS but not that much.

Trixie
2010-03-18, 01:11 PM
You fail digital imaging forever!

Actually, that's my job. And I, unlike random forumgoers, know a bit about it, TYVM :smallamused:

TheBibliophile
2010-03-18, 01:41 PM

Seconded. My room is rather bare at the moment, and a few OOtS posters would be excellent.

Dvandemon
2010-03-18, 01:41 PM
Nothing. I like OOTS but not that much.

Then what are you doing here :smallfurious:

doodthedud
2010-03-18, 01:57 PM
Then what are you doing here :smallfurious:

Liking it and reading/discussing it but spending no money on it. Figured that was obvious.

When I have a money supply I'm tempted to try and contact Rich Burlew about making a custom O-Chul shirt using a scene he had already made and adding a comment under it. I might pay a significant amount for one...

Cleverdan22
2010-03-19, 01:42 PM
I fully support OotS DnD merchandise. A DM screen would be something really cool that would be a lot of fun.

Also, posters. Posters posters posters. So many cool scenes could be posters.

Asta Kask
2010-03-19, 01:45 PM
A Sabine's Guide to Dating for nerds would be much appreciated... :smallredface:

Fitzclowningham
2010-03-19, 01:57 PM
MitD plushie! :smallbiggrin:

Dvandemon
2010-03-20, 01:06 PM
@/\: Yay! It could be a pillow :smallbiggrin:

Now how might one go about making any of the more um...unusual products?

GooeyChewie
2010-03-20, 02:05 PM
Yikyik leather hat (action figure sized)

Action-figure sized? Heck, make one of those human-sized. Who wouldn't want to wear a Kobold head hat?

I agree with those who have recommended a Xykon plushie. It'd probably sell really well.

Dvandemon
2010-03-20, 04:03 PM
@/\:Yea... Yikyik hat (not sure about leather) is right up their with Xykon plushie in my book. I know this this is not directed at Rich, maybe if he hears all our pleas for Xykon plushies, he could at least create it after OoTS is finished

waterpenguin43
2010-03-20, 05:49 PM
Argent dog stuff. (I would soooooo buy that for my dog.)

PallElendro
2010-03-20, 06:12 PM
Action-figure sized? Heck, make one of those human-sized. Who wouldn't want to wear a Kobold head hat?

I agree with those who have recommended a Xykon plushie. It'd probably sell really well.

Yikyik: Yikyik hat (human sized)

See? That goes to show, I'm a ninja I can edit.

Moff Chumley
2010-03-20, 06:45 PM
Patches. Chumley haz boring jacket which needs patches.

Deca
2010-03-20, 07:54 PM
I second the Haley piggybank idea. Only when you stick coins in it, you never get them back.

PallElendro
2010-03-20, 07:57 PM
What would be the point of that? New idea: A picture of Cyclops on the beach with some Greeks saying, "Hey."

Harr
2010-03-20, 08:19 PM

This would be such an obviously doable and popular thing that I'm forced to conclude the author simply chooses not to do it for whatever personal reason. Which is a shame. But yeah, no question about it, I would buy more than a couple of those.

In fact, they would be the first (and likely only) non-book OOTS merchandise that I would ever buy. As I expect they would be for several people.

Itamarcu
2010-03-21, 12:37 AM
Argent dog stuff. (I would soooooo buy that for my dog.)

Belkar's riding dog dog stuff...

Herald Alberich
2010-03-21, 10:36 PM
What would be the point of that?

Well, it's in-character, obviously. What, you want a practical, usable item? Psh, it's Order of the Stick. :smalltongue:

Maybe it could come with a figure of Haley's father. You have to offer it to her so that she coughs up your cash to buy his freedom.

edit: So, it'd be like a locked piggy bank with a heavily-themed key, actually.

doodthedud
2010-03-22, 01:09 AM
Well, it's in-character, obviously. What, you want a practical, usable item? Psh, it's Order of the Stick. :smalltongue:

Maybe it could come with a figure of Haley's father. You have to offer it to her so that she coughs up your cash to buy his freedom.

edit: So, it'd be like a locked piggy bank with a heavily-themed key, actually.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMcm7Se-KpY

Dvandemon
2010-03-23, 01:36 PM
Now calculate costs, the cost of getting the materials so one can make some of these. Where to take knitting(sewing?) lessons so one can make the plushies

azule74
2010-03-25, 12:24 PM
I've said it before, but what I really want is a white tentacled Flumph beanbag.

That would be great! I would take 2!