PDA

View Full Version : Building a nemesis

Drogorn
2010-03-16, 11:28 AM
One of my players foolishly included a nemesis in her backstory, so I intend to capitalize on it. Only problem is, I'm not sure what to make the guy. What would be a good gestalt combination for a man schooled with military geniuses, and who is also a master manipulator? The master manipulator part is easy, a beguiler, but what about the strategist part? This game will be going till level 15-20 and the character in question has to be a human(he's the PC's brother).

BRC
2010-03-16, 11:35 AM
A Beguiler/Marshal could be an interesting combination.He moves in with minions, boosts his minions with Auras (Which are passive) and spends his rounds casting spells.

Telonius
2010-03-16, 11:38 AM
What you're describing isn't necessarily going to be a full-BAB class. Something optimized for Leadership, very intelligent, good at getting other people to do well at what they're supposed to do. To me, that sounds like Bard or Marshal, or possibly something in ToB focusing on White Raven.

jiriku
2010-03-16, 11:43 AM
All of the above!

marshall/bard/crusader//beguiler grants bonuses to followers in most any sort of situation and can cast a useful set of buff spells on them as well, plus the crusader levels will make him a little stouter and better able to survive. Be sure to pick up maneuvers like the Diamond Mind save boosters and Iron Heart Surge. He'll need to be very resistant to a variety of attacks or else the PCs will lock him down and squash him the first time they fight.